98 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Al explained the whole "promise" issue. This is not the first time a woman did this to him. The woman who just now hurt him is the second. This current woman knows the story of the other woman. When Al proposed this time, he was worried because of what the other woman had done. And this one made the point of letting him know that she would never change her mind, she would never accept his proposal and back out. She was the one who promised that she was his for ever. She made the promise. He didn't bring it up.

I know the promise sounds weird; but when you know the whole story it makes what happened to Al seem worse. She knew what he had been through; she made him feel that it would never happen again; and then she ripped his heart out anyways.

Sounds like insecurity to me. That's a whole different issue.

Accepting a marriage proposal is not a bussines contract. Every person has the right to end a relationship if they are not happy, regardless of the other person's past relationships. There are no guarantees in life, especially not in relationships.

I just feel bad that we are getting half of the story by only hearing one point of view and the other side is not able to defend herself. That's why I'm trying to keep it in perspective for everyone here... by reminding everyone that there are two sides to every story, that everyone makes mistakes, and that no one is perfect.

Exactly!

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

Al,

Our thoughts go out to you at this difficult time.

We VJ members pride ourselves on being supportive and we hope you dont worry too much about the peasants trying to sharpen their knives at your expense (F)

anikitten.gif
ROC Sent: 2012-12-03
Arrived: 2012-12-07
NOA: 2012-12-10
Biometrics: 2013-01-08

Approved: 2013-05-10

event.png
event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

OMG!

Al, I am so sorry.

I wish you much much happiness. You presence at this forum really helped me in my hard NOA2-waiting days. God bless you!

09-20-10 NOA1

04-06-11 NOA2

04-12-11 Received in NVC

04-14-11 Left NVC

04-25-11 I emailed the embassy

04-27-11 Embassy responded with interview date (06-23-11)

While I'm sorry for what you're going through Al, I personally don't believe it's right or a good idea to air out all the dirty laundry of a relationship to strangers on the internet once it's over. It's not going to make you feel better. It's not going to fix anything. It's simply going to get responses that you don't want to hear/read. If my fiance did to me what yours did to you, I'd cut them out of my life, thank my lucky stars that I dodged THAT bullet before I moved my entire life for him, and wash my hands of the whole thing. I'd be upset and betrayed, but the internet is not where I'd turn to for comfort. Nor would I feel the need to plead my case to a bunch of strangers about how I was the good guy. It's just not important.

I completely agree with Coconuts

French-AmericanFlag_medium.jpg

We met in June 2008
We got engaged on 08-06-2010!!!!!
08-30-2010:I-129F Sent
09-03-2010: I-129F NOA1
09-13-2010:Touched
10-03-2010:Touched!! !feels gooood :)
02-24-2011: RFE...grrrrrr
03-18-2011: NOA2 - it took them 6mths 2 wks and 2 days (or 196 days)!!!!
03-??-2011: NVC received
03-29-2011: Petition sent to London
04-05-2011: Embassy received petition
04-09-2011: Packet 3 received
04-11-2011: Packet 3 sent
04-13-2011: Medical
05-12-2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!
07-04-2011: POE
08-05-2011: We're married!
09-14-2011: AOS, EAD and AP forms sent
09-16-2011: Receipts for AOS, EAD and AP forms
11-17-2011: RFE...
12-08-2011: Send evidence back to USCIS...and now we wait
12-23-2011: EAD/AP card sent
12-29-2011: EAD/AP card received :)
12-29-2011: Case transferred to CSC
03-29-2012: AOS approved!
04-05-2012: Green card in hands

03-06-2014: Removal of conditions packet received at VSC...and now the wait starts again!

luh6s78.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

i am going through exactly same thing and i blame the wait for NOA2 for the relationship bumps. While some will say love has no boundaries, I feel love is the most difficult lifelong task to manage. Not to mention that in our cases we are separated instead of experiencing the best time of our lives. Should I view this as a government sponsored test of my love? Or simply a test for my fiancee's good intentions? Everyone say to stay calm and patient, but why should I? Why should I apologize for this useless and timely process day after day.

Now to the poor guy with the broken heart. If you still love your fiancee then book a flight and fly to Russia. Go and try to win her back, marry her in russia and then try to move back to the usa together. it will be tough at first, but then you might like it.

In the event she says no, your chances of finding a new love of your life are very high, because finding a girl in russia is much easier than getting a cab.

good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

i am going through exactly same thing and i blame the wait for NOA2 for the relationship bumps. While some will say love has no boundaries, I feel love is the most difficult lifelong task to manage. Not to mention that in our cases we are separated instead of experiencing the best time of our lives. Should I view this as a government sponsored test of my love? Or simply a test for my fiancee's good intentions? Everyone say to stay calm and patient, but why should I? Why should I apologize for this useless and timely process day after day.

Now to the poor guy with the broken heart. If you still love your fiancee then book a flight and fly to Russia. Go and try to win her back, marry her in russia and then try to move back to the usa together. it will be tough at first, but then you might like it.

In the event she says no, your chances of finding a new love of your life are very high, because finding a girl in russia is much easier than getting a cab.

good luck.

What a ridiculous misguided post from apparently someone who thinks he’s a Russian Love expert who by all indications doesn’t have a clue about Russian woman, their real intentions or culture from which they come. Russian women as a whole are far from stupid in identifying a winner or loser who trolls under the masquerade of love and a promise to marry with a ticket to the US.

7/19/2010 NOA1

12/13/2010 NOA2 Document Received

12/27/2010 Embassy e-mail Package 3.5 received

01/31/2011 Embassy Interview Date

01/31/2011 K1 Visa Approved 6 months, 1 week, & 4 days from NAO1

02/26/2011 In the US

05/26/2011 Married!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

When you are hurt, you vent. Some things you mean, others you don't. You want to lash out at the one who hurt you. Al's posts are venting. I'm sure you or anyone else would do the same if your heart was broken. He had the dream of a Russian wife, so what. We all have our dreams and ideals. His didn't work this time. It doesn't mean it won't in the future. If he has a love for Russian woman and the Russian culture, let him be. My fiance is English. And his accent curls my toes every single time I hear it. Would I love him if he wasn't English? Of course. Did I chose to fall in love with someone 4,000 miles away and thousands of dollars to be with me? No. It is what it is. Just let him vent.

Consulate.............London

I-129F sent...........10/22/2010

I-129F NOA1........10/27/2010

I-129F NOA2.........04/06/2011 (161 days)

Interview date.........6/27/2011

Interview result.......Approved!!!

Visa rec....................7/11/11

POE .........................8/5/111

Marriage..................9/10/11 (finally <3)

AOS

Sent.................9/29/2011

NOA1...............10/5/2011

Biometrics.......12/7/2011

Transferred to CSC...........12/15/2011

RFE :( ...................3/16/2012

Approved/Card Production.......4/11/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree with that.

I'm sorry he feels the pain right now.

The anger coming from him baffled me.

The way he even talks about the ex is scary. It's always somebody else's fault. There is always someone else to blame.

And frankly, the "Russian Wife dream"??? Really?

LOL

I'm living that dream!

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

When you are hurt, you vent. Some things you mean, others you don't. You want to lash out at the one who hurt you. Al's posts are venting. I'm sure you or anyone else would do the same if your heart was broken.

There is a difference between venting and accusing somebody of fraud and posting their picture and name on a public forum (and the other side is not able to defend themselves). Just sayin.

I sure as hell wouldn't do the same. I would vent to my friends in private, yes, but I would never ever air out my dirty laundry to strangers. Al needs to grow up, man up and move on.

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Every single morning you wake up in your loves arms For you, it is over. Try to remember back to what it was like waiting. then try and imagine your dreams being shattered. It takes two people to create a relationship but only one to absolutely destroy it!

Consulate.............London

I-129F sent...........10/22/2010

I-129F NOA1........10/27/2010

I-129F NOA2.........04/06/2011 (161 days)

Interview date.........6/27/2011

Interview result.......Approved!!!

Visa rec....................7/11/11

POE .........................8/5/111

Marriage..................9/10/11 (finally <3)

AOS

Sent.................9/29/2011

NOA1...............10/5/2011

Biometrics.......12/7/2011

Transferred to CSC...........12/15/2011

RFE :( ...................3/16/2012

Approved/Card Production.......4/11/2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Looking at your timeline and the fact that you're at CSC, I guess I'll be half-panicky by this time too.

Got a little chuckle from the phrase "government-sponsored test of my love." Makes USCIS sound like God in the book of Job whom we should thank for visiting plague upon us. (I guess those who got expedited for no reason at all are actually not the chosen children then.)

Grace

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.