PrncWill_PrnsElsa

Movement to Expedite VSC K-1s

133 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am at 4 tweets today already to USCIS, Obama, and my senator.

Congrats to all who are getting their approval today, but please keep posting. I solemnly pledge to continue with this campaign at least until the last September 2010 applicant has been cleared. :devil::bonk:

Edited by zh & m

09-20-10 NOA1

04-06-11 NOA2

04-12-11 Received in NVC

04-14-11 Left NVC

04-25-11 I emailed the embassy

04-27-11 Embassy responded with interview date (06-23-11)

If my internet on my machine that can get twitter was working, I'd be tweeting today to help the cause.

California or Vermont doesn't matter, we're all in this process together.

But I have to say.

There aren't any K-1 petitions processed at Texas (TSC).

The reason we see them in timelines is people assuming lockbox=service center and not updating when they get the actual NOA1 saying where their petition is at.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

But I have to say.

There aren't any K-1 petitions processed at Texas (TSC).

The reason we see them in timelines is people assuming lockbox=service center and not updating when they get the actual NOA1 saying where their petition is at.

Thank you for mentioning this. I see this mistake all the time.

I wish you guys the best, but I believe you are wasting your time. If it makes you feel better, all the power to you, but don't get your hopes up.

Sent 2 tweets today.

1/28/11 Sent package to Texas
2/03/11 NOA1 received and file is at the Vermont Center.Case number assigned.
6/10/11 NOA2 received.Approved!!!
6/13/11 Hard copy of NOA2 received.
6/28/11 NVC case number received. Case sent to Paris.
7/18/2011 Packet 3 sent out
7/20/11 Packet 3 returned by certified mail
8/31/11 Interview (Approved with two pieces of paper needed)
9/29/11 Visa received.
10/03/11 POE Cincinnati (Thanks to Delta now Atlanta) 5 hours to pick her up is worth it.
10/15/11 Married
10/21/11 AOS documents filed
11/25/11 Biometrics appointment
11/18/11 transferred to CSC
12/24/11 EAD and Advance Parole combo card arrived.
03/13/12 Green card notice received. Welcome to the US. Take a deep breath for a few moments.
03/14/12 Green card received

07/14/2014 Packet for Removing conditions sent

02/10/14 Biometrics in Louisville KY

My list of tweets:

@BarackObama

@whitehouse

@USCIS

@HouseDemocrats

@HouseRepublicans

@SpeakerBoehner

and then my representatives.

Is there anybody else you think should be on the list. It would be great if we could all keep sending to the same people.

@cnnbrk that can help too

Count me in. I am also one of the people who lives in Texas but had my file sent to Vermont. I knew the government was slow and incompetent, but this is ridiculous. Considering how much they charge to complete the K1, you would think they would want to complete as many as possible. At the very least we've paid enough money for them to hire more people. 5 months is unacceptable. More than that is criminal.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Great, I like the list of people whom to tweet! I have sent two today so far. I have been retweeting others like crazy. Why doesn't anyone retweet my tweets -pouting- LOL

Great job everyone, keep up the good work. If nothing else it will certainly bring it to the attention of important people. And if you want to wish us the best, then great, we accept. If you want to wish us the best and then say you believe we are wasting our

time, (especially when that person already has NOA2) then feel free not to post anything. Kthxbye. #hatorade

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Your Embassy might be slow and we all know why. Majority of other embassies are quick and painless after they get the packet from the NVC.

you think so?

there are about 195 countries in the world,USCIS can expedite cases from all those countries,HOWEVER when it comes down to the embassy,unfortunately the expediting just because youre from an specific country no longer works.

USCIS is actually the easiest part of this process because there is nothing you can do but waiting.

i really hope YOUR case goes through quickly,just because you have earned it,but not every embassy lives up to the standards.

Edited by thelastpetitioner

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

:ot2:

I love reading all those tweets, keep up the great tweeting everyone! The list is great, but there was also a list of a committee to tweet, can't remember what it was called.

Also, yesterday, how did we see that we were trending #3 under Obama's name? I can't seem to figure out how to find that list.

WOOT WOOT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

You all have my sympathies and support in this. Good luck, if this gets VSC to clear the backlog of I-129Fs then it will benefit everyone in the long run.

Can we get more than just your sympathies, Piefre?

Can you we get your involvement?

Would you be willing to help us.. and hopefully, in-turn, help your own case?

Please :-)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Can we get more than just your sympathies, Piefre?

Can you we get your involvement?

Would you be willing to help us.. and hopefully, in-turn, help your own case?

Please :-)

OP,what you need is massive amount of lobbying.the general population is ignorant towards the immigration process.the most involved they have gotten with USCIS was while they watched the proposal.

im not saying give up,because who knows there might be 1% chance that all this get somewhere,but you have to be realistic.

Edited by thelastpetitioner

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This is a forum, you cannot tell people where and when to post. Sorry if you don't like what's being said, but people have the right to say it. Having an NOA2 does not make a person's opinion null and void.

Good luck to you.

Coconuts,

Everybody deals with the visa stress in their own unique ways. If this is how they want to deal with it, please let them be. You really do set yourself up for people posting things in your direction. Just let them deal with it their way :)

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.