PrncWill_PrnsElsa

Movement to Expedite VSC K-1s

133 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

honestly if you think this is bad,wait till you have to deal with the embassy.vermont is beyond slow,but just a warning,get yourself ready,apart from nvc the rest of your journey will be as slow

Not the embassy in Manila, check my signature timeline things moved rather fast once my case was entered at the Embassy. Interview already scheduled for 4-14

THOM AND KIM's JOURNEY

Aug 31, 2010 - I-129F package sent to VSC

Sept 2, 2010 - NOA-1 hard copy received

Sept 5, 2010 - Check cashed

Nov 29, 2010 - Case Touched

Feb 25, 2011 - Contacted Senator

Feb 28, 2011 - NOA2 APPROVED **179 Days since NOA1 Received**

Mar 7, 2011 - NOA2 Hard Copy arrived

NVC

NVC receieved petition - Mar 7 2011

NVC case number received - Mar 8 2011 MNL2011XXXXXX

NVC case shipped to Embassy - Mar 9 2011

US Embassy Manila

Package delivered DHL - Mar 14 2011 signed by Leonilo

USEM - Medical- Passed Medical Mar 18 2011

USEM- Interview - APPROVED 4-14

USEM- VISA IN HAND - 4-30-2011

CFO - 5-2-2011

Kim on the plane 5-18-2011 Welcome to USA!

I noticed some people tweeting to some news agencies; @nytimes and @cnnbrk. Sooooo, I decided to look up some more, in case anybody is interested.

@washingtonpost

@washtimes

@msnbc

@NBCNews

@CBSNews

@foxnews

@cnn

@ABC

Let me know if I have any wrong or anything like that. Do you think we should try to focus on a couple of news sources or try to hit them all?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

JOIN THE MOVEMENT

INVITE OTHERS on VJ TO JOIN THE MOVEMENT

KEEP THE MOVEMENT STRONG

TWEET TWEET TWEET but do so in a Consistent manner!

WE ARE DOING WELL!!

--and just wait until next week... :-)

K1Vermonters!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I noticed some people tweeting to some news agencies; @nytimes and @cnnbrk. Sooooo, I decided to look up some more, in case anybody is interested.

@washingtonpost

@washtimes

@msnbc

@NBCNews

@CBSNews

@foxnews

@cnn

@ABC

Let me know if I have any wrong or anything like that. Do you think we should try to focus on a couple of news sources or try to hit them all?

Great! I think its worthwhile to hit them all, you never know who might be interested (and if they see other places are getting 'the story' too, they might be more interested in it, you know? So send to more than one agency per tweet!)

I do have to say, doing this tweeting is kind of helping me a little bit. Its nice to be doing SOMETHING, regardless of the outcome.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

A big news station would be great to get on board! I can only imagine how great it would be to see a CNN Special Report on the USCIS! Or a news "investigation" would look even better! Keep tweeting!!! :help:

09/21/10 - I-129F Sent!

09/23/10 - I-129F Received in Dallas, TX

09/28/10 - Text & E-mail NOA1 (It was at 12:44AM, weird) Notification that our case was transferred to VSC.

09/29/10 - Check cashed

09/30/10 - NOA-1 Hard Copy dated Sep. 27, 2010

10/03/10 - TOUCH!

After numerous calls to USCIS, my two Texas Senators and a Congressman, the latter got an "expedite" put through (if you can call a month and a week after ONPT an expedite). Just never let up! Even though mine took way too long, there were people who were a month before me and waited longer because they just sat back and watched. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease!"

03/31/11 - NOA-2!

04/05/11 - Received NOA-2 hard copy.

04/07/11 - NVC Received

04/12/11 - Case left NVC via DHL

04/14/11 - Consulate Received Hard Copy of Case

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

A big news station would be great to get on board! I can only imagine how great it would be to see a CNN Special Report on the USCIS! Or a news "investigation" would look even better! Keep tweeting!!! :help:

Fotochino73 -- FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!

*** I LOVE IT ***

THATS THE SPIRIT THAT WILL LEAD US TO VICTORY!

ARRIBAAAAAAAAAAAAA K1 VERMONTERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :dance: :dance: :dance:

event.png

K1 Process

11/04/2010 | NOA1 Received

11/15/2010 | Touched

02/24/2011 | Flyiin to be with my love

03/05/2011 | Back to waiting,back to US .lol

04/04/2011 | 150th Day Mark.arghh

04/25/2011 | NOA2..yayyy

NVC

05/03/2011 | NVC Received SDO# ASSIGNED

05/05/2011 | Case En route to Santo Domingo

05/07/2011 | Received NVC letter date 5/3/2011

05/11/2011 | Santo Domingo Received Case

05/17/2011 | Interview scheduled

06/01/2011 | Pkt.4 Received

07/06/2011 | Medical Done

07/17/2011 | Leaving to DR

07/19/2011 | INTERVIEW AT 6:45AM APPROVED

08/03/2011 | VISA Printed

08/08/2011 | Visa Received

08/09/2011 | POE @ JFK

09/23/2011 | MARRIED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

@ChuckSchumer

@SenatorLeahy

@alfranken

@DickBlumenthal

@JohnCornyn

@SenJonKyl

@OrrinHatch

@ChuckGrassley

@SenatorSessions

@SenatorSanders

@VTGovernor

@bfp_news - Burlington Free Press here in Vermont

03/18/11 - Mailed I-129f to Texas

03/21/11 - Received By Texas

03/24/11 - NOA1 - VSC

03/28/11 - Check Cashed

03/29/11 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy

07/05/11 - Email of NOA2 Approval!

Guys and girls, I'M IN! My petition is only at the lockbox facility in dallas, tx as we speak. I am ALL FOR THIS! I created a twitter account last night and had planned to before I even filed my petition-just for this. :thumbs: WE HAVE TO KEEP THIS MOMENTUM GOING! I saw the scarce negative comments on this thread... As all MOVEMENTS in the past and in anything, it's not impossible! Everyone who has ever succeeded, had people that doubted them. It's the same with "movements". Creating one huge powerful voice for everyone involved in these processes is EASIER than back in the day when there was no internet.

We all know how popular and how powerful twitter is. LET'S KEEP GOING FOLKS! I've already posted many tweets of my own today, and just retweeted about 10 others! I plan to do this throughout the day! We will be heard!

Matt

03/17/2011- Mailed K1 petition

03/25/2011- Email and text NOA1, routed to VSC

03/25/2011- Check cashed

07/05/2011- NOA2, USCIS website, text and email!
10/04/2011- Interview, APPROVED!
10/23/2011- POE - Dulles
11/08/2011- WEDDING!
11/15/2011- Applied for SSN
01/18/2012- AOS package sent
01/24/2012- NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP
01/25/2012- Check cashed for AOS
02/16/2012- AOS & EAD biometrics
02/13/2012- AOS case transferred to CSC
02/21/2012- AOS application received at CSC
03/15/2012- EAD/AP cards approved
03/26/2012- EAD/AP combo card received
07/30/2012- Service Request on AOS, past 6 months mark...
08/28/2012- Ombudsman & Senator contacted, past 7 months mark...
09/04/2012- AOS Approved!
09/10/2012- GC in hand!

08/13/2014- Mailed I-751(ROC) package to VSC

08/15/2014- Delivered

08/18/2014- NOA1/Letter of Extension

08/20/2014- Check cashed

09/17/2014- Biometrics

02/18/2015- Card Production Ordered/ Approved!

ejXGm5.pngSDeHm4.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Be fierce! Be consistent, know no bounds, take pleasure in the little things, make love your sole focus, don't submit until you have absolutely no way out........

I've been tweeting today, its great to go to the @uscis page and see SO MANY of our tweets there!

My petition is at VSC and I'm extremely concerned since I have my wedding planned for 11-11-11, and my embassy in Canada is known for being slow as well. I CANNOT wait more than 6 months for my NOA2 and I CANNOT lose my wedding. So anyone showing up in this thread to naysay or try and bring us down, you're being pointlessly mean when we are all already under a lot of stress. Help us or leave us, please.

What do you mean, you cannot?

I mean, I really hope things go for you as planned. But plenty of people on these boards have lost wedding deposits before........

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

FYI a friend of mine called for a service request at Vermont today. They informed him that normal processing times are now at 6 months, not 5. They would not take his request til it reached 7 months. His petition is sitting at 6 months 24 days. This is what he told me at lunch today. He is not a VJ member so i am giving the scoop here based on his phone call.

Sounds like a phone rep with a grumpy attitude.

A lot of the info from the phone lines are wrong. I'd stick to UCSIC official processing times if it were me.

in all honesty i don't think any of us "foreigners" should be doing anything to come against USCIS. We are trying to get in to a country and Its not going to do us any good by posting/tweeting negative things about the process or about how retardedly slow they are. Yes, we are all under stress but unless its the American petitioner directly that is making a "voice" and tweeting, i don't think its healthy for us foreigners to be coming against the government and there process like this.

If the government wants to find stuff out about the people who are trying to get in to America they will most definitely do whatever background work they can. That means your Tweets, your facebook, and your Visa Journey posts may not be helping you but hurting you. Yes, i do agree that if we've hit the 5 month mark then we should call and try to get it going but we also need to remember that we need to be nice to USCIS because they are the ones who can deny us from being with our loved ones. So don't make them mad if you are not the petitioner!

I don't think the foreign born are going to get in trouble with USCIS for tweeting.

There's news on CNN and other networks all the time about USCIS, ICE and CBP. But it's just not about the part of immigration you are interested in. It's about the part that most Americans are interested in.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.