PrncWill_PrnsElsa

Movement to Expedite VSC K-1s

133 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

As we all know the Vermont Service Center as it stands today is:

For me, it is most frustrating since I am in Texas.

Had my case not been transfered to Vermont, I would have NOA2 by now.

Has Texas started adjudicating I-129F petitions? Last time I checked only California and Vermont adjudicated I-129F and I-130 petitions.

I know California sent a significant number of I-130's to TX which created a whole different nightmare for many people.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Is this just for Vermont filers??

Is there a similar program for California filers.

I am a strong believer that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Maybe we need to unite and be heard.

I still do not understand why the process takes so very long.

Why do we to have our paperwork sit for 5 plus months to be looked at?

If this is suppose to be a FIRST IN FIRST OUT process how do some people get their files adjudicated in 2 - 3 weeks and some people take 5 - 6 plus months. This does not sound like FIRST IN FIRST OUT to me.

I feel if it is a NO then it is a NO but to keep people's life in limbo is just wrong.

Why do they need more then 2 - 4 weeks to adjudicate a application???

If they need people then they should hire the people.

If it takes more money to process the application in a reasonable time period then charge me more money. I can deal with a high cost easier then deal with being apart from the woman that I love.

It is a cruel and unusually punishment to make us wait, wait, and wait.

If the application does not justify a positive outcome so be it. I can deal with a NO easier then a I do NOT know.

Let's unite - UNITED we will be stronger then divided - We should all unite as one force united with one goal in mind.

I FEEL OUR GOAL SHOULD BE A TIMELY ANSWER.

Tell me YES or tell me NO but tell me something.

Edited by AL+ ALENA FOREVER

mFiFxsxhBLkM.jpgmFiFm5.png?xsxhBLkM

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

honestly if you think this is bad,wait till you have to deal with the embassy.vermont is beyond slow,but just a warning,get yourself ready,apart from nvc the rest of your journey will be as slow

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

honestly if you think this is bad,wait till you have to deal with the embassy.vermont is beyond slow,but just a warning,get yourself ready,apart from nvc the rest of your journey will be as slow

I guess your reading comprehension is limited since you apparently missed this comment from above:

Everyone has their story, and for that matter their own perspective. So, please allow me to address those who are satisfied with the system as it stands now; If you don't believe in our movement, please just disregard our topic, and please do not divert our energy by engaging any of our posters by submiting contrary opinions, philosophies or beliefs. If you disagree with our topic, please just move-on. To all of those part of the movement, just disregard any posters that try to engage you negatively.

November 2, 2010 - Sent form I-129F to the Dallas Lockbox.

November 12, 2010 - Received NOA1 from VSC.

November 23, 2010 - touched

May 12, 2011 - NOA2

May 19, 2011 - NVC received

June 1, 2011 - NVC file scanned and uploaded to Guangzhou

June 13, 2011 - P3 sent from GUZ

June 23, 2011 - P3 forms sent to GUZ (Did not receive the packet from GUZ yet)

June 28, 2011 - P3 received by GUZ

July 4, 2011 - P4 documents received

July 23,2011 - Medical

July 26,2011 - Document turn in

July 27,2011 - Interview - Approved !!

August 2, 2011 - Visa Issued

August 6, 2011 - Visa in Hand!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Your Embassy might be slow and we all know why. Majority of other embassies are quick and painless after they get the packet from the NVC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I guess your reading comprehension is limited since you apparently missed this comment from above:

C'mon now... this is exactly how we don't wanna engage each other :-)

please :-)

Timeline

Is this just for Vermont filers??

Is there a similar program for California filers.

I am a strong believer that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Maybe we need to unite and be heard.

I still do not understand why the process takes so very long.

Why do we to have our paperwork sit for 5 plus months to be looked at?

If this is suppose to be a FIRST IN FIRST OUT process how do some people get their files adjudicated in 2 - 3 weeks and some people take 5 - 6 plus months. This does not sound like FIRST IN FIRST OUT to me.

I feel if it is a NO then it is a NO but to keep people's life in limbo is just wrong.

Why do they need more then 2 - 4 weeks to adjudicate a application???

If they need people then they should hire the people.

If it takes more money to process the application in a reasonable time period then charge me more money. I can deal with a high cost easier then deal with being apart from the woman that I love.

It is a cruel and unusually punishment to make us wait, wait, and wait.

If the application does not justify a positive outcome so be it. I can deal with a NO easier then a I do NOT know.

Let's unite - UNITED we will be stronger then divided - We should all unite as one force united with one goal in mind.

I FEEL OUR GOAL SHOULD BE A TIMELY ANSWER.

Tell me YES or tell me NO but tell me something.

THIS IS NOT *JUST* FOR VERMONT FILERS!

This is for YOU, too!

***WELCOME ABOARD*** join our cause.. please proceed in creating a Twitter profile and start Tweeting!

Thank you for your contributions to The Movement.

Timeline

Has Texas started adjudicating I-129F petitions? Last time I checked only California and Vermont adjudicated I-129F and I-130 petitions.

I know California sent a significant number of I-130's to TX which created a whole different nightmare for many people.

I don't know the answer to your question. The bottom line is VSC is too slow. And there is chatter and some strong evidence the ONPT might be pushed-out from 5 to 6 months. Without any public outcry or objections these bureaucratic agencies will only move forward in a manner that benefits them.

Our purpose is to change processing times, to shorten them. Processing times have been more acceptable in the past. And keep in mind, it's not "5 months until you get your visa..". It's 5 months average from NOA1 to NOA2... THATS NUTS!...at least that's what we all believe in the K1Vermonters group.

PLEASE JOIN THE MOVEMENT!

:-)

My list of tweets:

@BarackObama

@whitehouse

@USCIS

@HouseDemocrats

@HouseRepublicans

@SpeakerBoehner

and then my representatives.

Is there anybody else you think should be on the list. It would be great if we could all keep sending to the same people.

this is for CSC as well!!!!

The #K1Vermonters does not denote the brevity. The MESSAGE YOU SEND is what denotes the brevity. All adding #K1Vermonters to your tweets does is accumulate volume of USCIS tweets. The more volume we have of #K1Vermonters tweets, the more likely it will become a Trending Topic that will be advertised to the world. It takes thousands of tweets. And it seriously is not that hard. In the time it takes you to write a snide comment on VJ, you could have already written 3 tweets.

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

This is not about b*tching about the wait times or being impatient vs patient. This is simply about bringing attention to legal immigration via the K1. Plain...and simple. if you want to make it out to be more than what it is, that's on you and your perspective. But it really is quite simple. This is not rocket science.

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.