Captain Ewok

General K1 Guides and Info

236 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

i hope this process moves along quickly

We waited six months without an update. but when we visa was approved on jan 24, 2011 we had an RFE, my attorney adjusted the issue and today we visa is now in guanzho china. we now must collect finaces docs, and police reports oand other miscellanaeous docs. If i understand correctly i must send her to guilin, guanzhou and shenzhen police bureaus for her to collect her police certificates. big money the travel. also i must give her money for her medical tests.

first we collect the police certificates (the travel) then once we have that the lawyer will prepare and send to guanzho. after that she will get her appointment.

I was amazed how quickly her petition arrived in china, i have read that customs may take USA legal documents into customs for as long as 3 months.

I tell you this as for the first 5-6 months there is no information, but now, it seems everything is moving quickly. i have read many stories in china that total visa time is about 8 months.

good luck, dont give up in this wait. no fight it. just love and wait.

joe

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

oh, maybe i no answer you question complete: after you file the k1 or k3 visa, it goes to a national service center, once they recieve it the send you a certificate of submission; in this certificate is a case number you can use to track progress at the USCIS website. (united states customs and immigration servicess)/ you can track your case here with your certificate number.

hi for everyone.

i am new in this siteweb.i hope my english be good because i know is so bad.i meet my fianceè in novombre 2009.she come here in morroco in 01/15/2011.we need get fiancè visa k1.i have like prooves.juste 1 emial from her 02/2010 and i star save all our conversations in msn from 11/2010 to the day when i will go to the interview.we talk daily 3 or 4 hours and i have all this staf when she is here like ticket for plant and same tickets for bus and train.and all the pic when she is here.i juste save this because in the first we not know consulate need like this prooves.so now i want juste ask if this is good enough for consulat or no

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi my name is maria soledad i went to usa to work us a nanny with the visa j1 after that i fall in love and decided to overstay my visa 14 months . now my fiance got approved and i got the package but my fiance went to imigration lawer and she told him that i will get denied my visa in the interview and to get the waiver is a waste of money .....if someone know something about this please help us .....thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Captain Ewok,

im posting a question to you in hope that you can shed light on it..it looks as if you are well informed in the K1 matters and that you've been a VJ member for some time. we've gone through the whole process and just recently received a schedule for an interview for April next month. during this proces, when i was notified on Feb 7, 2011 that my case was being sent to Manila embassy for processing. when my fiancee received her letter notification it was dated December 3, 2010!!! this is my question, why is the date so late? is this something that's done only in Manila? i've tried emailing, calling, i cannot get a straight answer. has this happened to anyone else before? i guess i should not worry too much, since, we're almost at the interview stage...it still bugs me to this day, how can anyone make an error on the date? i would that would be an important part of the process since we are on a tight deadlines, where everything has an expiration and cost attached to each action...just wondering. any information you have will help.

Filed: Timeline

Hello all! What a great site! I'm just beginning this process to bring my fiance to the US from the Philippines and everything here has been super helpful!

Couple quick questions:

1) For the $340 fee, who do I make the check out to? USCIS?

2) Do all submissions go through the Dallas lockbox? I can't seem to figure out if I need to send my package there or to a specific location IE Vermont which is physically closest to me.

3) For picture evidence I only have digital photographs. I have have places them two to a page in a word doc with name/date/location captions. I plan on printing them out in full color... is this sufficient or do I need to physically get the digital photographs printed and then attached to the page?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but these are the ones I ran into on my first draft!

Thanks!

Brian

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Everyone.Why does it take USCIS 5 Months to approve or deny a K-1 Petition? Seems like a long time to me? what are they checking for, for that long? or is it that they have a lot of petitions or what?.....Thanks!

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Hi, How do I know what Service Center to put on the Intent to Marry form? I have yet to submit my packet so do not know where it will be housed once received. Is it regional? I live in CA, will I get the CA Service Center?

Thanks for all the help here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello all! What a great site! I'm just beginning this process to bring my fiance to the US from the Philippines and everything here has been super helpful!

Couple quick questions:

1) For the $340 fee, who do I make the check out to? USCIS?

2) Do all submissions go through the Dallas lockbox? I can't seem to figure out if I need to send my package there or to a specific location IE Vermont which is physically closest to me.

3) For picture evidence I only have digital photographs. I have have places them two to a page in a word doc with name/date/location captions. I plan on printing them out in full color... is this sufficient or do I need to physically get the digital photographs printed and then attached to the page?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but these are the ones I ran into on my first draft!

Thanks!

Brian

Hey Brian,

I hope by now you've gotten answered but just in case....

1. According to the I-129F instructions that preceed the actual application, the filing fee is made out to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security".

As far as the actual fee cost.... did anyone else find a discrepancy??? USCIS claims the fee is $340 (USCIS Check Filing Fees but Travel.state.gov states its $350. Confusing! Did anyone recently send in $340 with no issues?!?!

2. Yes, I'm pretty sure all I-129F submissions go through the Dallas lockbox.

3. I've been told its best to print out your digital photos... as in, actual photos (and don't forget to make 2 additional copies for your files and for your fiancée.

Hope that helps. I'm sending in my application tomorrow so.... wish me luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, if this is not posted in the correct forum. I'm not real familiar with the forums yet. Anyway, is there anyway to get online updates for the NVC process after USCIS approves you K1 I129F petition. We have NOA2 approval, but how will I know, or how can I determine, when NVC recieves, approves, and forwards the Visa to the Embassy in Manila?

I hope there is some way other than snail mail to get updates. Thanks for any answers.

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, if this is not posted in the correct forum. I'm not real familiar with the forums yet. Anyway, is there anyway to get online updates for the NVC process after USCIS approves you K1 I129F petition. We have NOA2 approval, but how will I know, or how can I determine, when NVC recieves, approves, and forwards the Visa to the Embassy in Manila?

I hope there is some way other than snail mail to get updates. Thanks for any answers.

We just got our NOA2 April11 2011. I just waited a week and called NVC at 603-334-0700. They asked for the receipt no. on the NOA2 and names and birthdates then told me the MNL number. They said in a week the petition would be in Manila. A week after I talked to the I got snail mail confirming that the petition would be on its way. Supposedly now the Manila Embassy will notify us we are eligible for thr interview but like many here we are just going ahead and scheduling the medical and later the embassy which you can do with the MNL number and the NOA2.

Some links that might help at this point although you may already know this stuff.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/306290-advice-scheduling-interview-and-medical/ planning medical and paying for visa

http://www.slec.ph/home.shtml st lukes

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_001.pdf Manila Embassy letter

Good luck ....Aloha.....................Paul

Filed: Timeline

Hello everybody,

I'm from Brazil and my boyfriend is from the US. We are planning to marry in a about a year from now, I don't how long all the proccess takes and which type of visa is better and easier in our case.

Once we intend to be together next year I realized we better rush on the procedures. It's too hard to be apart and wait for this 'right moment' to apply. My tourist visa was denied last year, so everytime we need to meet, he has to come or I have to go somewhere else. ;(

I'm concerned about the fact that he doesn't work, he served on the Military of the US and since he left, he has a "allowance" from the Military and as he study full time he can't work. Is that a problem? What are the chances of the visa get denied?

Which one of the visas are easiest and more indicated in my case?

Thank you very much you all. =)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.