Captain Ewok

General K1 Guides and Info

236 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi

my fiance' filed the application for k1 last June 2010 and it is only this early November that we got news.

It is an RFE, they sent a letter to my fiance and he said he was never in the military service, yet they sent a form asking him to fill in. then he send, he also said the it was already indicated at the form he had submitted before. anyway, we now have received an email from them saying that we are REVIEW PROCESS (for five months huh), dated November 12, 2010

i was wondering if we will be able to get done with the process (whole process including VISA APPROVAL) by this year. 2010.

and i'd also like to clear, what is it that is needed about the Police Clearance? is it Police clearance from other country where i've been? (i have never been to any country anyway) or police clearance from the areas in my country where i lived since i aged 16?

any assistance given will be much appreciated.

thank you very mucH!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I doubt you will have the visa by the end of the year. After you receive your NOA2, figure about 2 and a half more months. I do not think you have to worry if it is in review. I am sure that if your fiancé answered everything they

asked in the RFE, you will be approved. Insofar as the Police Certificate, since you have not lived abroad after age 16, the only Police Certificate you have to provide is that of your country. Make sure it is an official certificate however and not a local one.

Archie

Filed: Timeline

I doubt you will have the visa by the end of the year. After you receive your NOA2, figure about 2 and a half more months. I do not think you have to worry if it is in review. I am sure that if your fiancé answered everything they

asked in the RFE, you will be approved. Insofar as the Police Certificate, since you have not lived abroad after age 16, the only Police Certificate you have to provide is that of your country. Make sure it is an official certificate however and not a local one.

hi, thank you very much for the reply.

i was thinkin about it since i just finished from my work contract and i don't wanted to just sit here at my house and do nothing.

so if that's the case that we may get approved and done for few months more then i guess it will be good for me to look for a part time job so i am making money also. :)

thank you.

btw, can you share what you have been through in your visa case?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What's next after you get your NOA1?

If you would like to save time, you should begin to review and assemble the forms and info. required for the interview. I prepared these in advance for my fiancee... If you do prepare the forms in advance, make sure they are still current prior to the interview as they are revised from time to time.

Hi, as far as im aware you will receive a package giving you the address of the embassy etc. I think there is somewhere on the uscis page which will tell you where the medical and interview will take place. Though if your only beginning to file your K1 visa this week you are going to be waitim 4-6 months till the interview and medical

Thank you for reply,

I see you have medical in London,I thought you had in Bangkok? I leave 01/14 to wait interview date,,,

Happy New Year,,,, Brad N

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello Friends!

My name is Michelle, I'm the K-1 Visa process since August, and I got the NOA2 13rd in January, but I have many questions, and I'm here looking for some friendly hands, I'm in the Colombia Forum (just in case).

Here is my questions:

1. I will get my migration record, but I was reading, that when the NorthAmerican boyfriend is not coming to the interview, is better to have his migration record, like proof that he went in to Colombia many times, that is true?? How I can get his migration record if he is not here??
  2. The other questions is, that I'm doing the K-2 visa for my son / 6 years old, he need a migration record too?

Thanks for the information.... I'm just getting all the papers, for be ready!

Byeblush.gif

LiMiaBaL (MiCHeLLe)

Aug 12, 2010--NOA1

Jan 18, 2011--NOA2 in hand

Apr 5, 2011--visa approved

Apr 21, 2011--POE Houston

May 7, 2011--Wedding day!! smile.png

----------

Aug 1, 2011--AOS, EAD, AP

Aug 12, 2011--Email Confirmation

Sep 13, 2011--Biometrics and Picture

Oct 08, 2011-- Receive EAD, AP

----------

Aug 30, 2013-- Removing Conditions

• 3 weeks later...

I was just wondering, once you are approved for the k-1 visa, how long do you have to move to the states? Did I read 6 months?

You are correct.

The visa is valid for six months.

That is how long you have to enter the U.S.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Hi am a newbi. :yes:

I have filed for a K1 visa for mt fiance..

I received my NOA1.

Now desperately waiting NOA2.ughhhh :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

This is so overwhelming. :huh:

Thank god there;s this website.

Nice meeting you all..

event.png

K1 Process

11/04/2010 | NOA1 Received

11/15/2010 | Touched

02/24/2011 | Flyiin to be with my love

03/05/2011 | Back to waiting,back to US .lol

04/04/2011 | 150th Day Mark.arghh

04/25/2011 | NOA2..yayyy

NVC

05/03/2011 | NVC Received SDO# ASSIGNED

05/05/2011 | Case En route to Santo Domingo

05/07/2011 | Received NVC letter date 5/3/2011

05/11/2011 | Santo Domingo Received Case

05/17/2011 | Interview scheduled

06/01/2011 | Pkt.4 Received

07/06/2011 | Medical Done

07/17/2011 | Leaving to DR

07/19/2011 | INTERVIEW AT 6:45AM APPROVED

08/03/2011 | VISA Printed

08/08/2011 | Visa Received

08/09/2011 | POE @ JFK

09/23/2011 | MARRIED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Great Forum! I wish I saw this before starting the process!

Evidently I have made a mistake when filling 129F, as I filed before meeting the 2 years requirement . Probably a year early? So what should I do, so as not to make this more problematic ? Also how to establish that I have been with her? Get an old fashion camera that captures the date and time.( not likely) How about Facebook, as I did post a picture of US, with the posted date, unfortunately that was in April, as I had already been seeing her 4 months earlier, and have no way of proving other than Airline tickets for her from Thailand to Singapore where I live, I do have pictures but not dated?

Met Dec 2009

Filed Sept 2010

Thanks,

Ivan1949

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

on jan 24 2o1o, calif service center approved our k1. 2 weeks later we go a RFE because they didnt like now my lawyer answered question 11. my lawyer ammended the form and 2 weeks after that the visa petition is in guanzhou china. here's what happens after visa is approved. i will copy and paste the email from my lawyer minus her contact info. but let me say first that after the K1 is approved there is still much work to be done before the interview. collection of evidence, address history back to age 16, criminil history from every city, municipality or province since age 16 and proof of income, (the first afadavit of support must be submitted again along with evidence of income and assets.

here is how my lawyer advised me.

Its not as bad as it looks, if you read it a couple of times you find you have much of this info,

I've attached a draft of the Form DS-230 which the consulate requires. I began

completing it based on the information I had for (she), but we are missing a bit

of information:

1. Place of birth of her parents

2. Parents' current address

3. Names and dates and places of birth of any children (she) has

4. All the places she has lived since she was 16 years old (City/Province/Country)

5. Her employment history for the past TEN (10) years (I only had information

about the past 5 years)

6. All of the educational institutions she has attended (School name, location,

dates, course of study and degree)

7. Languages spoken or read

8. Professional associations to which she belongs

9. Has she ever been in the military?

10. Has she ever been in the U.S.?

In addition to completing the form, we must get together all of the items on the

checklist:

1. EMS label from the China Post office and fill in the information on the label

as instructed on the letter from the consulate

2. Passport

3. Six passport-style photographs

4. Birth certificate with translation

5. Evidence of your relationship (photos, emails, telephone records, etc.)

6. Police certificate from each locality where (she) has lived since she was 16

and from any place where she was ever arrested. She should apply for a

certificate of no criminal record at the local Public Security Bureau (PSB) (or

certain types of employers such as state owned enterprises), then make

application to the notary office for a certificate based on the PSB document.

7. Form I-134, prepared by (me). I began drafting this form too, but (me) will

need to advise on the missing financial information. We may need to decide to

have a friend or relative execute a separate I-134 just to be safe, depending on

the income levels we can show for (me).

Lastly, (she) must pay $131 US (or equivalent in RMB) at a CITIC Bank prior to

her visa interview. She will need to provide the payment receipt at her visa

interview.

Timeline

I was just wondering, once you are approved for the k-1 visa, how long do you have to move to the states? Did I read 6 months?

I agree, i think its six months. this good because fiancee can really think this and finish work and family.

Timeline

Great Forum! I wish I saw this before starting the process!

Evidently I have made a mistake when filling 129F, as I filed before meeting the 2 years requirement . Probably a year early? So what should I do, so as not to make this more problematic ? Also how to establish that I have been with her? Get an old fashion camera that captures the date and time.( not likely) How about Facebook, as I did post a picture of US, with the posted date, unfortunately that was in April, as I had already been seeing her 4 months earlier, and have no way of proving other than Airline tickets for her from Thailand to Singapore where I live, I do have pictures but not dated?

Met Dec 2009

Filed Sept 2010

Thanks,

Ivan1949

has it been more than 2 years since you see her. . the pics.. you know when you were there and you know what this pictures are. all they ask is you write the date on the back of the picture. oh and new digital cameras i guess you can go to menu and include the date on the front of the picture too. this is one thing i was worried about too as i had a nice cam but didnt know about "date stamping". good luck, go see her again soon if you can. sometimes in big cities at bus stations or train stations the illuminated schedules in statiions will the show the date, this is a good back ground for pics. haha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.