Captain Ewok

General K1 Guides and Info

236 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

HELLO, I'M FILING FOR A CHANGE IN STATUS FOR MY K-1 FIANCE AND ON FORM I-485 IT ASKS FOR THE VISA NUMBER OF THE K-1 VISA. I'M CONFUSED AS TO WHICH NUMBER IT IS BECAUSE THERE ARE THREE NUMBERS ON THERE THAT ARE NOT REALLY IDENTIFIABLE. ONE IS A CONTROL NUMBER WITH A SERIES OF ZEROS AND ZEROS WITH A SLASH (/) THROUGH THEM. THERE IS ALSO A RED NUMBER BELOW THE ANNOTATION AND A REALLY LONG NUMBER WITH A SERIES OF LETTERS AND NUMBERS AT THE BOTTOM. WHICH ONE IS IT? PLEASE HELP, WE WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

NICOLE

You better ask this on the Adjustment of Status Forum, here on VisaJourney. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/7-adjustment-of-status-green-card-from-family-based-visas/

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I just want to share that I am grateful to the people of Manila who helped us on processing our visa application for my fiance. We never encountered any hindrances

because the company has done all our paper works and if they failed, it will be a MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! sweet! Now, I am just going to pick up my fiance in Manila and we will be coming together to the US. I Thank the company, Manila Visa, for doing all the process on our behalf. More power guys!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My I-129F was sent out Tuesday, and I just realized I forgot to copy the back of my Birth Certificate. Will I get an RFE for this?

I am the USC
September 7, 2010 - I-129F sent
September 18, 2010 - NOA1 hard copy received
February 3, 2011 - Approved
February 8, 2011 - NOA2 Hard copy received
May 30, 2011 - Medical
July 12, 2011 - Interview
August 31, 2011 Visa in hand
September 7, 2011 - POE
October 14, 2011 - Married!

Adjustment of Status
Sent - November 8, 2011
Delivered - November 9, 2011
NOA1 for all applications(email) - November 10,2011
NOA1 hard copy - November 17, 2011
Biometrics letter for December 13 - November 17, 2011
Walk in Biometrics November 25, 2011
RFE :( November 28, 2011
RFE response review - December 7. 2011
RFE#2 December 28, 2011
RFE response review - January 10, 2012
EAD Production - January 11, 2012
Case transferred - January 17, 2012
Green card in production - March 30, 2012

ROC

File date - March 24, 2014

Letter saying we need to be interviewed - November 2014

Interview and approved on December 09, 2014

Timeline

Hello I would like to know the forms that come after the K-1 so I can start filling them and getting all the supporting papers thanks.

Read the guides! http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i really need help on why didn't the uscis center contact us for 4 months! on the website is says initial review every time and we filed on June 5, 2010. i'm beginning to get worried. we sent them all and every document on the check list. what can we do next? can anyone please help me?

May 20, 2010 - I-129F sent to California SC

June 5, 2010 - NOA1 Received

Nov 2, 2010 - NOA2 Received APPROVED

Nov 8, 2010 - NVC Left

Nov 12, 2010 - NVC Hardcopy received

Nov 20, 2010 - Packet 3 Received through DHL

Dec 23, 2010 - Medical

*Cant Find a Co-Sponsor for I-134* :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aloha friend,

I'm new to this and will begin process ASAC with my best friend and future wife from Tarlac. Need to leave for now, just wonder if you have any additional in sight. I"m very confused on where to start on the K1 process and how to get an alien registration #. Met my friend at a church mission project in May '10.

Timeline

i really need help on why didn't the uscis center contact us for 4 months! on the website is says initial review every time and we filed on June 5, 2010. i'm beginning to get worried. we sent them all and every document on the check list. what can we do next? can anyone please help me?

Hey, it's ok, because I know a lot of people like you waiting for the approval from CSC. They've been lazy lately. :D But nothing is wrong, let's hope they'll start to move. People are waiting impatiently. But know that nothing is wrong, just that they've been slow lately.

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Quick question for you guys who have probably already been through this ordeal.

Everywhere on the site I keep reading that form G-325A should have been submitted with all 4 pages (?!) I downloaded this form from the uscis website and it only contained 2 pages, one being the instructions. Is this a revised form ? ( revision date on it was 6/12/09) or I should have made 4 copies of it ?

Thanks ! :)

event.png

Timeline

Quick question for you guys who have probably already been through this ordeal.

Everywhere on the site I keep reading that form G-325A should have been submitted with all 4 pages (?!) I downloaded this form from the uscis website and it only contained 2 pages, one being the instructions. Is this a revised form ? ( revision date on it was 6/12/09) or I should have made 4 copies of it ?

Thanks ! :)

No, the form on the USCIS website is the right one. Read carefully the instructions for Form I-129F and you'll see there written black on white what you need to send in your package. It's a G-325A From and a passport style photograph(2x2) for you and a G-325A and a passport style photograph(2x2) for your fiance(e). Don't send them the instructions page as well 'cause they don't need to read instructions. :P You'll just need the completed forms.

I hope I've been useful.

Good luck!!

Sunshine

Edited by Ella & Octav

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline

I also posted this under the "No you cannot marry...I129"

I don't know if the wording has changed, but the I-129F that I filled out says, "This petition is used to petition to bring your fiance and that person's children to the US for marriage to you or to bring your spouse and that person's children..." the form is date 2/2010.

So, it seems like I can use this form. My intention is to go to India to marry there and then return with my spouse. Because we're not married yet, it seemed like this would be the best choice of forms. Can anyone confirm or deny that this is a change?

Hello,we plan to file K1 this 1st week in November and I want to fly to Thailand to go with Phatcharin to her interview,does anyone know where her medical is at along with the address please? I know it should be the week before interview.thank you Bradley :thumbs::dance: :dance:

Hello,we plan to file K1 this 1st week in November and I want to fly to Thailand to go with Phatcharin to her interview,does anyone know where her medical is at along with the address please? I know it should be the week before interview.thank you Bradley :thumbs::dance: :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi, as far as im aware you will receive a package giving you the address of the embassy etc. I think there is somewhere on the uscis page which will tell you where the medical and interview will take place. Though if your only beginning to file your K1 visa this week you are going to be waitim 4-6 months till the interview and medical

K1 Timeline
07/01/10- K1 Mailed
07/16/10- NOA1 Hardcopy
12/15/10- NOA2 Hardcopy Received
02/16/11- Interview at 10am London Embassy
02/24/11- Visa in Hand
02/27/11- POE - Minneapolis

AOS Timeline
04/22/11- AOS, EAD, AP sent today
04/28/11- AOS, EAD, AP Notice Date
05/04/11- Hard copy of NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP
05/12/11- Early Biometric walk in(Scheduled for 05/31/2011)
05/12/11- I-485 Case Transferred to CSC
06/13/11- AOS approved, card production ordered
06/20/11- Green Card Recieved

ROC Timeline

04/25/13- ROC package sent

04/26/13- ROC pack delivered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.