Paul + Tonieta

Advice Scheduling Interview and Medical (USEM/Manila)

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aloha VJr's,

We recieved our NOA2 April 6 2011. We are trying to plan the best way to arrange the St. Luke's exam and the Embassy exam so it can be accomplished in only one trip to Manila from Cebu. The only way I can see is to schedule the Embassy interview and then do the walk in at St. Lukes a few days before the Embassy schedule. Is this what everyone does? It is not a problem just inconvenient to make 2 trips. Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks............................Paul + Tonieta

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Its stupid but its how it is, having the medical exam first and then the interview. Im from cebu as well, so i'll be there in manila twice :(

One smile One touch One embrace One kiss One love Two people Two minds Two souls Two destinies One road One journey One ending

Together.

I-129F Sent: 2010-12-21

I-129F NOA1: 2010-12-28

I-129F NOA2: 2011-04-07

NVC Received: 2011-04-12

NVC Left: 2011-04-17

Consulate Received:2011-04-26

Packet 3 Received: 2011-04-27

Packet 3 Sent: 2011-04-29

Interview Date: 2011-05-23

Interview Result: APPROVED

Visa Received: 2011-05-27

Date of US Entry: 2011-06-10

Wedding day: 2011-07-08

Filed AOS & EAD: 2011-08-19

NOA1: 2011-08-24

Biometrics: 2011-09-27

AOS Interview: 2011-11-14

Timeline

Aloha VJr's,

We recieved our NOA2 April 6 2011. We are trying to plan the best way to arrange the St. Luke's exam and the Embassy exam so it can be accomplished in only one trip to Manila from Cebu. The only way I can see is to schedule the Embassy interview and then do the walk in at St. Lukes a few days before the Embassy schedule. Is this what everyone does? It is not a problem just inconvenient to make 2 trips. Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks............................Paul + Tonieta

Hi, I am from Bacolod. I'll do both in one trip. Plane tickets are expensive since it's summer here in the Philippines :(. Just make sure that you give at least 4 or 5 days between the first day of medical and the interview since we can only reschedule the appointment up to 2 business days (in case there's additional procedure or requirement for the medical).

XoxoHannah

“Faith makes all things possible.... love makes all things easy.”

OUR VISA JOURNEY:

October 1, 2010 - He sent the 129F

October 7, 2010 – NOA 1

November 11, 2010 – touched

March 23, 2011 - NOA2

March 31, 2011 – NVC received

April 4, 2011 – NVC sent case to Manila

April 13, 2011 – US Embassy Manila received

April 28-29, 2011 – Medical at SLMEC

May 6, 2011- my interview - approved

May 13, 2011 - visa received

May 16, 2011- CFO

May 17, 2011 - left for US, POE Detroit

GJb1p8.png

K4uZp8.png

Timeline

Thank you so much for the input ScottnAngie, Samton and XoxoHanna.

So its either two short trips, one for medical one for embassy or one trip most likely a walk in on a Monday for the medical after scheduling for a Friday embassy interview. Well one thing is clear.

If you're still reading:

1. Any thoughts on exactly what is needed to present to BPI to pay for the interview ? There are many recommendations on the VJ site just wondering if you've actually had a recent experience paying the fee. I am thinking in particular do I have to get that MNL # from the NVC to pay the fee at the bank?

2. And then what St Lukes requires? I went to St Lukes site but it lists things that people on VJ say you don't need, (like the actual appoinment letter and 4 photos)

I am trying to make this as clear as I can for Tonieta because you all know how confusing this gets and I can't be there to be confused with her!

Feel free to throw out any other suggestions and ideas. Thanks again for the responses and help its really appreciated.

aloha......................................Paul

Timeline

So its either two short trips, one for medical one for embassy or one trip most likely a walk in on a Monday for the medical after scheduling for a Friday embassy interview. Well one thing is clear.

If you're still reading:

1. Any thoughts on exactly what is needed to present to BPI to pay for the interview ? There are many recommendations on the VJ site just wondering if you've actually had a recent experience paying the fee. I am thinking in particular do I have to get that MNL # from the NVC to pay the fee at the bank?

2. And then what St Lukes requires? I went to St Lukes site but it lists things that people on VJ say you don't need, (like the actual appoinment letter and 4 photos)

I am trying to make this as clear as I can for Tonieta because you all know how confusing this gets and I can't be there to be confused with her!

Feel free to throw out any other suggestions and ideas. Thanks again for the responses and help its really appreciated.

Hi Paul, I just paid my visa last April 15 at BPI IT Park and they only need your passport, your manila case number and of course the money. Follow what St. Lukes requirements and Im sure you have all of them. Im from cebu too by the way :)

Timeline

Thanks you prettyjan,

Can Tonieta just tell them the number (If I get it by calling NVC I won't have a piece of paper to send her) or do we need some paper with the number printed on it from NVC or the embassy?

Out of curiosity did you do youe medical and embassy visits in one or two trips?

Thanks for your help.This is making things so much clearer.

Timeline

Thanks you prettyjan,

Can Tonieta just tell them the number (If I get it by calling NVC I won't have a piece of paper to send her) or do we need some paper with the number printed on it from NVC or the embassy?

Out of curiosity did you do youe medical and embassy visits in one or two trips?

Thanks for your help.This is making things so much clearer.

She will fill up a paper and she'll write her MNL case number on it. I just wrote my case number in a small paper coz I didn't memorize it,lol. Make sure she'll keep the receipt coz she needs it on her interview. I haven't done my medical yet but Im planning on doing it this May 9-10, that's a week before my interview which is this coming May 21. So I scheduled a 2 trips, one for my medical and interview :)

Timeline

If you're still reading:

Hi Paul, I have really nothing to share about the medical yet. But in regards with paying BPI, really did have a bad experience. When I went in the bank, an employee told me I need to bring my passport, and scanned copy is not acceptable. a photocopy will not do as well (I didn't bring one by that time but I still asked :)), then I had to go home and get my passport. When I came back, waited for almost two hours (t'was April 15th- last day of tax return filing) until it was my turn to pay, the teller asked for the photocopy of my passport, which unfortunately I didn't have any with me :crying: . The funny part is,he told me they DO NOT have a photocopier at the bank :rofl: when I complained and ask him if he can make a copy for me since I waited for so long already. So lesson is, make sure she brings both and any other documents that she think will help, inconsistencies are not unusual here.

btw, they did not ask me for the case number.

Edited by XoxoHannah

XoxoHannah

OUR VISA JOURNEY:

October 7, 2010 – NOA 1

March 23, 2011 - NOA2

May 16, 2011- CFO

GJb1p8.png

K4uZp8.png

Timeline

Thanks again prettyjan and XoxoxHannah.

The internet cafes are closed so I will see Tonieta this evening. I'll show her this thread so far. It is much clearer what we should do and we really appreciate the help. It is going to make this first step easier for her. Good luck to all and I'll be watching for your progress.

Aloha..........................Paul

Hi, I am from Bacolod. I'll do both in one trip. Plane tickets are expensive since it's summer here in the Philippines :(. Just make sure that you give at least 4 or 5 days between the first day of medical and the interview since we can only reschedule the appointment up to 2 business days (in case there's additional procedure or requirement for the medical).

We both have the same date of interview.. just worried about how long u gonna do the medical before u get the result?? coz im planning to do my medical on May 2 and my Interview is on May 6.. hope u post an update after your medical.. good luck.. :)

Timeline

We both have the same date of interview.. just worried about how long u gonna do the medical before u get the result?? coz im planning to do my medical on May 2 and my Interview is on May 6.. hope u post an update after your medical.. good luck.. :)

Hello Chillcy. I've read somewhere here in VJ that on the second day you'll know if you passed the medical, or if there will be additional tests. I have thought of doing it on the 2nd of May as well, but I realized I should give extra days in between. I'll update you as soon as it's done. Hope we'll both make it :dancing: and see each other on the 6th.

XoxoHannah

OUR VISA JOURNEY:

October 7, 2010 – NOA 1

March 23, 2011 - NOA2

May 16, 2011- CFO

GJb1p8.png

K4uZp8.png

Timeline

Aloha all,

Prettyjan said in her post Tonieta will fill out a paper. Does that mean there is a form at BPI to fill out that she will write the number on? Xoxo maybe I misunderstood but I thought your post said they did not ask your MNL number. You can see now why I am asking so many questions I would feel bad telling her somethong and then have go and find out something different. I wil tell her to bring both her passport and a copy though.

Chillcy how about you? Did you also just pay BPI? What did you bring to the bank. So far it looks like just the passport, a photocopy of the main passport page, the fee and then maybe a form at the bank on which you write the MNL number. WE will probably try to set up the Monday, Friday dates like you.

I just texted Tonieta so we'll talk at the cafe tonight and she can see all the help that you have all been. It is much clearer to me now. Thank you............................Paul

Timeline

I was only asked for my full name as written on my passport and my passport number, and also which visa I was applying for. To be safe, just ask her to take note of the case number. We never really know what instruction was given to the person she will deal with in the bank.

XoxoHannah

OUR VISA JOURNEY:

October 7, 2010 – NOA 1

March 23, 2011 - NOA2

May 16, 2011- CFO

GJb1p8.png

K4uZp8.png

Hi Paul, I just paid my visa last April 15 at BPI IT Park and they only need your passport, your manila case number and of course the money. Follow what St. Lukes requirements and Im sure you have all of them. Im from cebu too by the way :)

My Fiancee just paid her fee at BPI --all she presented was her passport and gived them the money .They did not ask for a MNL case no.

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.