Bang2xg

A Bit Worried, Should I Be? What Would You Do...?

59 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

OP -

is your wife muslim? Are you? If she is and you are not, your marriage may be not recognized by her parents as a valid marriage (depending on how old school they are). Then it would make sense that she is hiding you from them.

That could be.....I am muslim and so is my husband but here is the red flag for me...she doesnt want you to talk with her parents let alone visit with her ....she keeps your numbers in a girls name???? :S and she gets angry for asking where she has been or who she is with??

My husband doesnt deny me anything but the respect is there to tell him everything...even if I go to the store i let him know i'm going and if I go without telling him and he asks ...i answer...it shouldnt be a big deal.

From a woman's perspective...she is hiding something from you ....i'm not sure if its truly her parents or if it is someone else...but you need to figure this out before too much water goes under the bridge...

im truly sorry this is happening to you...unfortunately these things do happen but just keep your chin up and know that a loving respectful relationship doesnt look like this....

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am only saying, that all this secrecy and drama may be due to her inability to tell her parents about her marriage... they may dispense some serious punishment on her and she probably would feel pretty bad already, for having to lie to them and for living "in sin". Further, she may be unable to discuss the subject with OP, if she feels that he would never convert to islam, as this would remove the last hope of her ever remaining a part of her family AND having the OP in her life.

But all this would only apply if she was raised muslim and the OP is not muslim.

That could be.....I am muslim and so is my husband but here is the red flag for me...she doesnt want you to talk with her parents let alone visit with her ....she keeps your numbers in a girls name???? :S and she gets angry for asking where she has been or who she is with??

My husband doesnt deny me anything but the respect is there to tell him everything...even if I go to the store i let him know i'm going and if I go without telling him and he asks ...i answer...it shouldnt be a big deal.

From a woman's perspective...she is hiding something from you ....i'm not sure if its truly her parents or if it is someone else...but you need to figure this out before too much water goes under the bridge...

im truly sorry this is happening to you...unfortunately these things do happen but just keep your chin up and know that a loving respectful relationship doesnt look like this....

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

She's hiding someone from you.

She's hiding you from someone.

These are your two possible situations.

I would say go ahead with a nannycam or key logger... You two are past the point of getting the answers from her verbally and willingly-you've tried for years and she's not budging.

You can nannycam and find an innocent answer and confess your going behind her back and you two can go on with your lives.

You can nannycam and find a deceitful behaviour/secret and get on with your life.

These are your possible results.

Or you can sit back and accept the situation as it is, always waiting for the worst possible outcome since you don't have the information to know what you are dealing with.

It's an awful situation to be living and I wish you the best of all possible outcomes,

Sera

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I lived in Kosovo for a few years and also have had friends from Albania in the US so I have some insight on the culture although it is very minimal.

I know that a few people I have met have had arranged marriages. They came to the US as refugees and they would go back years later to marry their "significant other"!

I have never heard of the requirement that you are to have things together in order for your marriage to be OK. There is defenitly some kind of requirement of who you marry but not necessarily what they have.

If it truly is everything she is saying then she would be more open with you and you would be on the same side because sooner or later you would meet them although that is not likely to happen. She would tell you exectly what the reason is ask you not to talk when she is on the phone or skype with them but it is almost obvious she is hiding something from you.

I am all for individual privacy in a marriage but if my fiance/husband would look through my phone it would not be cause for panick or an argument as I would have nothing to hide....

Good Luck.....

K-1

NOA1 ------ 11-17-2010

NOA2 ------ 04-25-2011

Package Received By NVC ----- 04/28/2011

Package Left From NVC ----- 05/03/2011

Package Received by MTL ---- 05/05/2011

P3 Received from MTL ---- Never

MTL Sent P3 ---- 05/19/2011

P3 Delivered at MTL ---- 05/26/2011

MTL Sent P4 ---- 06/01/2011

Medical ---- 06/15/2011

Interview ---- 08/08/2011 - APPROVED

Visa printed ---- 08/15/2011

Waybill e-mail received ---- 08/17/2011

Visa in hand ---- 08/22/2011

POE ---- 08/28/2011

Wedding ---- 09/17/2011

AOS (I485, I765, I131)

NOA1 ---- 10/07/2011

I485 NOA2 APPROVAL/CARD IN PRODUCTION NOTICE ---- 11/30/2011

Card Received ---- 12/5/2011

USCIS FREE FOR 2 YEARS :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello, it seems that you are asking for an answer or advice from us, when this is something that is very very personal between you and your wife...to be honest, I think that she is immature and you are allowing her to get away with it. Granted, she has her beliefs, but, what about yours? what do you believe? dont you think that you deserve an answer? if you allow this to continue, then you are also guilty of her secret "parents"? you need to re-evaluate your own life, why you got married in the first place. how will this affect your future together... as it has obviously started to cast doubts between you...does she not know how this is affecting you or is she doing this on purpose? the list of questions can go on and on, why? because you dont know, you need an answer.....unfortunately, the only person that can answer them is living with you.

james

I feel for you. One of the the things I looked for at the onset of this relationship was any inkling that something was just not right. Now, I may have been too cynical, but, for me, this was a really big step and I wanted to be sure I was not being used. How painful. What I am trying to say is to trust your instincts. You know your wife better than any of us do, and if her behavior seems off, then it probably is...especially if your Albanian friends don't understand her behavior. I know red flags would wave for me if doors were locked; I had not been invited back to her home with her; cautious cell phone behavior existed; and so much time was spent away from me; and gossip was overheard about flirting and discussion of our personal life together. This all would be suspicious behavior if we were speaking of another American, but is even more of a concern that she is not. May you come to the answers you need. Best of luck.

K1 Process
07/13/10: Mailed off I-129F to Vermont
07/23/10: NOA1
08/01/10: Alex went to England for 3 months
12/15/10: Alan arrived in America for 5 weeks
02/04/11: NOA2
02/19/11: Paperwork in London!
02/25/11: Packet 3 received
03/25/11: Police certificate complete
04/13/11: Medical in London
07/15/11: Alex finally got a job...forward ahead!
07/18/11: Paid for interview...waiting...
08/04/11: Called the consulate, told to wait 7 weeks
09/07/11: Called again, told not all paperwork is not in
09/08/11: Emailed consulate with details on tracking numbers for lost paperwork.
09/09/11: Contacted Senator's office for help, sent all paperwork through his office
09/13/11: Amazing...we have an appt! What a fiasco...
09/15/11: Alan realized he does not in fact have military D/C paperwork
09/16/11: Consulate contacted Alan and told him they do not have paperwork still!
09/21/11: Interview 9:00am-APPROVED!
09/27/11: Passport with Visa received
10/08/11: Alas! Together again!
11/11/11: Wedding

AOS Process
11/16/11: AOS packet mailed to Chicago lockbox
11/26/11: Honeymoon!
12/08/11: NOA1 for Permanent Residence & Employment Authorization
12/09/11: Biometrics appointment notice
01/03/12: Biometrics appointment
01/25/12: NOA: Case being transferred to CA for faster processing
02/02/12: Employment Authorization Approved
06/27/12: RFE, two "yes" questions needed elaboration
07/27/12: Welcome notice received! Greencard in hand

ROC Process

4/12/14: ROC packet mailed

11/25/14: RFE received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

Dude, you said yourself that you need to hear it so I'm gonna go ahead and agree with most people here. Ther is definitely something wrong. Like big time.

If you are afraid to talk to her directly you could try to get her to go to marriage counselling with you. This might uncover something.

I'm from Europe myself and sometimes I like to be alone when I skype with my parents (I'm also super close to my family) but they know him, have met him, visited us etc...

Please do something before she ruins your life. If not by fraud then by controlling your relationship like this; which is unacceptable.

Her being defensive about all the things that sound suspicious is a major red flag to me. I get defensive when I know I've done something wrong. It's a very typical reaction.

Good luck!

Edited by msd

Alles wird gut und wenn es noch nicht gut ist, ist es noch nicht vorbei.

US Citizen as of Arpil 17 2014

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Sounds alot like she is cheating and if I was in your shoes I would suspect that and would be checking her phone. She is not being honoest with you. Explain to her how you feel and what you think and if she does not admit to the truth or gives an explanation that makes sense then you should seriously consider if you want to stay with her. It's very strange that you have been together for so long and have never met her family. Let alone that she locks the door... The fact that she will not allow you to accompany her back home is a huge red flag. From your use of quotes around "parents" I think that you feel in your heart she isn't being true.

create_maleScene.jpg

USCIS *CR-1 Visa*

2008-07-26 : I-130 Sent

2009-04-02 : Interview at Embassy in Lima, Peru Approved

2009-04-08 : POE Atlanta (256 days from sending I-130)

USCIS *Removal of Conditions*

2011-02-28 : Mailed I-751

2011-03-02 : USPS Delivery Confirmation

2011-03-10 : Check Cashed

2011-03-11 : Touched

2011-03-25 : USCIS confirmed they did not mail NOA 1, given case number

2011-04-05 : Infopass appointment passport stamped with I-551

2011-04-19 : Walk in Biometrics completed (2 weeks early)

2011-05-03 : Biometrics appointment (3 year anniversary)

2011-08-25 : Approved

2011-08-31 : Card in hand (184 days after sending I-751)

*Application for Naturalization*

2012-03-24 : Mailed N-400

2012-03-26 : NOA1

2012-03-29 : Check Cashed

2012-05-14 : Biometrics Appointment

2012-06-04 : Interview Letter

2012-07-09 : Interview in Raleigh, NC (Passed)

2012-07-20 : Oath Ceremony (119 days after sending N-400)

[/center]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

OP-

Hey there guy.. I am sorry to read what you are going through. I went through something similar in the past and reacted in much the same way you did.

You are affraid if you confront her that you will push her away forever and you are also afraid of what you are going to find. From what you have written it seems you already know whatever is happening it is not good and that she is not being honest.

I think if you look at the situation you realize a couple of things: 1) The situation can't continue as it is as you are not happy and 2) She is eventually going to leave. Knowing this you need to confront her.

You have a right to know what is going on... and to not take no for an answer (ie: an ultimatum is waranteed in this case - come clean *totally* or be gone).

The best scenerio (at least to how you feel today but probably not in your long term interest) is that you might force her to make a decision and stop the behavior... Though more likely she will blow up and return with another ulimatum as she has been doing all along ("mind my privacy or else!"). Call her on hers, do not back down, stick to your ultimatum so she knows you are serious.... and be prepared for the likely bad outcome. When she realizes she can't manipulate you any further it will probably get ugly for a while as she searches for a way out of the corner.

Good luck to you.

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey everybody, thanks for all the support and replies, havent had a chance to read anything at all yet so please bear with me while I find some time during lunch to catch up. Really interested in reading what you all have to say. Any questions and comments are welcome.

Thanks for all the support.

Jose

Timeline -

Met in Berlin: Aug-14-2007

US Arrival: Aug-28-2008

Marriage: Apr-21-2009

AOS Filed: Jun-03-2009

NOA Date: Jun-11-2009

RFE(s): Jun-24-2009

RFE(s) Reply: Jul-27-2009

Bio. Appt.: Jul-09-2009

Interview Date: Sep-23-2009

Approved: Yes! (113 days!) or (3 months 21 days!)

Card Production Ordered: Sep-28-2009

Greencard Received: Oct-05-2009

Local USCIS Office: Newark, NJ

Up Next:

SSN & Drivers License

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

OP - Albanian's are still in the custom of arranged marriages.

Its possible that her parents have arranged a marriage for her and shes avoiding it, but also lying to her parents by saying shes studying in the states. or maybe a bit worse and she had already gone through the arranged marriage and shes avoiding him, and hasn't told you to try to 'protect' your feelings...

this is going to be one of those things you're just going to have to take her for a long walk one night when you can stay up all night and just sit down and tell her how much you care for her, and that if there is some problem you want to help her, tell her that whats going on now is taring your relationship apart, and it needs to change, but you're willing to work through any of it, even if its something big.

maybe in her head shes got something like this;

1) I'm suppose to be married back home because my parents are forcing me too.

2) i went away to the states to avoid it, met someone i loved and married

3) can't tell my parents because of the arranged marriage

4) can't tell my husband because if i return home i have to marry someone else.

5) i'm stuck and stressed and have to hide from everyone.

or maybe your suspicions are right and shes not faithful... but... try to find out.

Edited by AandBvan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Dear Bang2XG,

Usually I am a silent reader, but I feel compelled to answer your question...My finace is Albanian and I can confidently say that her actions are probably deeply rooted in the culture. To most Albanians (and I try hard not to make a sweeping generalization), family, and especially family honor, come before all. My fiance has told me on numerous occasions of culture discussion that for some families, marrying a foreigner is unacceptable. In fact, he calls his family "liberal" for accepting me. Some members of his family still don't accept me-- I just take it in stride. I imagine it is very hard for her to try to reconcile her love for you and her love for her family. Albanians go to great lengths not to hurt their families. It is a quality to be admired in most cases... As far as a solution, I can't help you there since you say you have tried to talk to her about it... Perhaps try to open up a discussion about Albanian traditions and culture concerning family.

I hope that helps you in some way.

-PW

I also want to note that arranged marriages are almost non existent in Albania anymore.....unless she is from a very, very rural village...

Edited by beingpatient

* 3/8/2008: Met Sonny who was working in Italy (I was a student)

* 5/15/2008: Returned to the US

* 12/24/2009: Returned to Italy for school & to live with Sonny

* 6/01/2009: Returned to the US

* 12/18/2010: Sonny visited the US

* 1/05/2010: Engaged

* 1/08/2010: Sonny leaves for Kosovo

* 9/29/2010: I-129F Sent

* 10/4/2010: NOA1

Hello,

It has come to my attention 10 minutes ago that my dear wife has been following our little exchanges as she knows the password to my email and has successfully guessed the same password to my visajourney account. I recieved a series of text messages while at work that brightened my day a bit more.

Anyway, I would like to continue our exchanges however and invite you all to email me at this very old email address "thehappyjuicex@gmail.com". I will be sure to change my passwords this time so we can continue our discussion in private. Feel free to ask any questions of me and I do want to hear more from all you. I'd especially like to hear more from you "beingpatient" unless you are really my wife in disguise, haha!

Take care all!

Timeline -

Up Next:

SSN & Drivers License

oops, nevermind, just realized another work around, Changed all my passwords remotely so she wont have access for the time being until I change them back...Now to reply to all the posts from last night into today...

Timeline -

Up Next:

SSN & Drivers License

Sounds to me like she's cheating on you. I'd set up a video recorder in the computer room or something to see what's going on when she's talking to her 'parents'. She is definately not behaving normally.

K-1 Visa:

I-129F Sent : 2007-12-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-12-19

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-05-02

NVC Received : 2008-05-20

NVC Left : 2008-05-22

Packet 4 Received : 2008-07-28

Interview Date : 2008-08-26

Visa Received : 2008-08-27

US Entry : 2008-08-27

Marriage : 2008-09-04 Yaay!

AOS/EAD Process:

Package Sent: 2008-11-21

Package Received: 2008-11-24

NOA's Notice Date: 2008-12-04 (Day 1)

Cheque Cashed: 2008-12-05 (Day 2)

NOA's Received: 2008-12-08 (Day 5)

Touched: 2008-12-09 (Day 6)

Biometrics Appt: 2009-01-05 Done! (Day 33)

Touched: 2009-01-06 (Day 34)

EAD Approved (Online) 2009-02-02 (Day 61) Card Production Ordered

EAD Touched: 2009-02-03

Interview Letter Received: 2009-02-07

EAD Card Received: 2009-02-12

GC Interview: 2009-03-19 He said we were approved! Got the I-551 stamp in my passport.

Welcome Notice Received, Card Production Ordered: 2009-03-25

Received my GC in the mail: 2009-04-03

Removal of Conditions i-751

Application Sent: 2011-2-28

Biometrics: 2011-3-23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.