extremerecluse

My Brain Storm

60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Daimler/Chrysler does it all the time. General motors has done it. Toyota Has done it. Ford has done it. BMW has done it. Audi Has done it. Subaru has done it. Volkswagen has done it. Why can't the USCIS? You don't have any clue as to what I am talking about; do you. AUTOMATION!!!!!! Why can't we just log onto the USCIS website. It asks us what we want to do. We tell it what we want to do. We are automatically transferred to the application process we want to complete. One long form pops up that we can fill in the blanks. At the end of the application you can download the instructions for sending in any documents that are required. The computer system will not allow to you to make mistakes such as grammar recognition or format programs. You pay the fee online. You are then given the opportunity to scan and email to the system any documents. You can then print out a signature page which covers anything that was scanned into the system. You mail the signature page into USCIS. The computer system automatically approves prior to the signature page being mailed in. This process would take all of the time to fill out the petition online and mail in the signature document. The background checks would be automatically requested through one central database taking 2-3 days. DOS would only get involved if they received hits on the Petitioner or Beneficiary. The petition would then be electronically forwarded to the embassy which would then email the applicant who would receive a link to proceed to the scheduling program. The applicant would complete any document online and then send in a signature conformation page. The applicant would also receive any instructions automatically through the embassy website. How many people have touched the petition? Very few!! How long would this process take. One month MAX. Why don't we do it then? They can still create a roadblock at the embassy for those who simply do not qualify upon the merits. My GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It only takes 30 minutes to review one K1 or IR petition. This is totally ridiculous. We should be screaming at the congress to fix this. I am not an IT whiz, but this idea that I have laid out can be implemented so easily. Petitions in boxes stacked up to the roof; what? Are you kidding me. When I discovered this logistical nightmare, I said "What the F%$#!!!!"

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Could it be Government vs. Capitalizm?

July 2, 2010 Elya and Ken Married in Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine
July 14, 2011 - Point of Entry Chicago. Arrived safely. Hurah
April 11, 2013 CSC Filed I-751

August 8, Pending Oath

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Daimler/Chrysler does it all the time. General motors has done it. Toyota Has done it. Ford has done it. BMW has done it. Audi Has done it. Subaru has done it. Volkswagen has done it. Why can't the USCIS? You don't have any clue as to what I am talking about; do you. AUTOMATION!!!!!! Why can't we just log onto the USCIS website. It asks us what we want to do. We tell it what we want to do. We are automatically transferred to the application process we want to complete. One long form pops up that we can fill in the blanks. At the end of the application you can download the instructions for sending in any documents that are required. The computer system will not allow to you to make mistakes such as grammar recognition or format programs. You pay the fee online. You are then given the opportunity to scan and email to the system any documents. You can then print out a signature page which covers anything that was scanned into the system. You mail the signature page into USCIS. The computer system automatically approves prior to the signature page being mailed in. This process would take all of the time to fill out the petition online and mail in the signature document. The background checks would be automatically requested through one central database taking 2-3 days. DOS would only get involved if they received hits on the Petitioner or Beneficiary. The petition would then be electronically forwarded to the embassy which would then email the applicant who would receive a link to proceed to the scheduling program. The applicant would complete any document online and then send in a signature conformation page. The applicant would also receive any instructions automatically through the embassy website. How many people have touched the petition? Very few!! How long would this process take. One month MAX. Why don't we do it then? They can still create a roadblock at the embassy for those who simply do not qualify upon the merits. My GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It only takes 30 minutes to review one K1 or IR petition. This is totally ridiculous. We should be screaming at the congress to fix this. I am not an IT whiz, but this idea that I have laid out can be implemented so easily. Petitions in boxes stacked up to the roof; what? Are you kidding me. When I discovered this logistical nightmare, I said "What the F%$#!!!!"

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! you're hired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

that would be to easy,and to many people will be out of work,that is why we have so much unemployment, new machines that put people out of work robets, automatic, one company once had 200 hundred employees got new machines computers now only employee 75 people.but i agree some thing has to be done with the uscis. like now the gov wants to cut jobs, then we wait longer for our files to be procressd,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

That would be unfairly prejudiced towards those that lack computer access and there are all sorts of rules about non verified access to computer databases that contain personal identifying information. Just to upgrade the computer systems and provide a method of secure validated login would probably double or triple the current costs. There would also be waits as all the original documents you have to provide would have to be matched up to the electronic files. It also prohibits the uploading of files from unknown sources inside the US not to mention that allowing foreign nationals on such a system is strictly prohibited. ( USCIS contracts the underlying database and all the rules would make your head spin )

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

That would be unfairly prejudiced towards those that lack computer access and there are all sorts of rules about non verified access to computer databases that contain personal identifying information. Just to upgrade the computer systems and provide a method of secure validated login would probably double or triple the current costs. There would also be waits as all the original documents you have to provide would have to be matched up to the electronic files. It also prohibits the uploading of files from unknown sources inside the US not to mention that allowing foreign nationals on such a system is strictly prohibited. ( USCIS contracts the underlying database and all the rules would make your head spin )

I beg to differ. We conduct multi million dollar transactions using computers now. Don't tell me that the system could not be trusted. Millions of people use online payment and banking right now. Security would be no factor. This only involves transfer of low sensitivity information. No billion dollar transactions. I work for the US Postal Service. 90% of what we do involves printing barcodes and ID tags on the letters that come through our processing plant. This can all be avoided by setting up small kiosks in each local post office with machines that you could type the ZIP CODE of your destination and a small label would be printed with a laser, cutting out 90% of the processing time in postal processing plants. Technology RULES the world!!! Simple idea; massive rewards.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I beg to differ. We conduct multi million dollar transactions using computers now. Don't tell me that the system could not be trusted. Millions of people use online payment and banking right now. Security would be no factor. This only involves transfer of low sensitivity information. No billion dollar transactions. I work for the US Postal Service. 90% of what we do involves printing barcodes and ID tags on the letters that come through our processing plant. This can all be avoided by setting up small kiosks in each local post office with machines that you could type the ZIP CODE of your destination and a small label would be printed with a laser, cutting out 90% of the processing time in postal processing plants. Technology RULES the world!!! Simple idea; massive rewards.

Well, I beg to differ with your begging to differ. It's one thing to have financial data compromised since that data can be traced and replaced. It's another thing for personal information to be compromised. Most bank data has no personal information, no social security numbers, etc.

Anyhow the end reason is that visa type logistics are used by a minority and they can't justify the expense of the overhaul you describe.

Edited by Yagisama

Timeline

Well, I beg to differ with your begging to differ. It's one thing to have financial data compromised since that data can be traced and replaced. It's another thing for personal information to be compromised. Most bank data has no personal information, no social security numbers, etc.

Anyhow the end reason is that visa type logistics are used by a minority and they can't justify the expense of the overhaul you describe.

Do you really think anybody would give a darn about how much you loved your fiance? I don't think the way you typed your name or the photo you posted to your application would make you a high value target. Hackers would not be the least concerned with our gibberish we put down on our petitions

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Do you really think anybody would give a darn about how much you loved your fiance? I don't think the way you typed your name or the photo you posted to your application would make you a high value target. Hackers would not be the least concerned with our gibberish we put down on our petitions. And the comment that banks do not have personal data couldn't be any further from reality.

Edited by extremerecluse

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They are already trying to automate parts of the process which can be automated, though they are doing so gradually. Frankly, I don't like the way it's working so far.

I have enough gripes about the PDF forms that artificially restrict how much you can type into a box, and won't let you change the font in order to make it fit. The only option you have is to print the form with the box empty and then fill in that box by hand. Sometimes you have no option other than to write "see attachment" and then provide the information on a separate sheet. It would be difficult to automate this with an online-only process.

This is substantially worse with online forms like the DS-156, which doesn't give you the OPTION of printing the form and filling out any portion of it by hand because the server processes what you typed into a two-dimensional bar code. If you try to write something on the printed form by hand then it wouldn't be included in that bar code, and it wouldn't be scanned into the computers at the consulate. Some consulates are already using forms that are filled out online and submitted electronically. Some of these don't give you the option of creating a file copy or hardcopy, which makes it a little difficult to keep a copy of everything you've submitted, especially when the online form is spread across multiple HTML pages. You have to print the web page before you click "next", and then hope you don't have to go back and revise anything.

The biggest impediment to fully automating the system is that the immigration law gives a lot of discretion to adjudicators, consular officers, and immigration officers. No matter how much you automate the system for getting the information to them, they are still going to spend the same amount of time going over your information to make a decision.

I won't mind if they automate as much as they can, but I'd first like to see them address the flaws in the technology they've already implemented. For pete's sake, they can't even get their online CRIS system to give accurate case status information much of the time, and that system only has to pick one of nine options to display.

This isn't as straightforward as the IRS, where everything boils down to a bunch of numbers on a stack of forms. If you had to submit the same sort of "evidence" to the IRS, and if an IRS officer had the same sort of discretion that an immigration or consular officer had, then I doubt that eFile would exist for tax returns.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

And a robot gives u a retina scan at the interview and approves u on the spot :thumbs: . It also scans for medical problems --no need for medical processing and shots . :lol: All wishful thinking --it will never happen in this millilinium .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Timeline

that would be to easy,and to many people will be out of work,that is why we have so much unemployment, new machines that put people out of work robets, automatic, one company once had 200 hundred employees got new machines computers now only employee 75 people.but i agree some thing has to be done with the uscis. like now the gov wants to cut jobs, then we wait longer for our files to be procressd,

The choke point would be the embassy. It is like the infantry. If you want to defeat an enemy; take away there freedom to maneuver. All the manpower that was used at USCIS would be transferred to the Embassies. They want to catch any bad guys. Well, the eyes and ears of the COs can do just that. Making sure documents are filled out correctly can be performed by a tiny computer. Doing background checks are easy. A police officer can do this in 5 minutes. A central system that is linked to DOS and FBI is essential. Aside from the signature verification, no man power would be needed. The only hands on documents would occur at the DOS for any positive hits and the embassies for the interview. The embassy would be totally dedicated to interviews and nothing else. Why do you think they have created elaborate scanning systems at the IRS? They want that money now. Unfortunately our government does place any priority on this operation.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I like the way you think. Everything you are suggesting here is certainly possible. In fact, from a technical standpoint, it wouldn't be terribly difficult to implement any of this. What always stands in the way of good ideas, convenience, and efficient automation is paranoia and incompetence. Unfortunately, there is quite a bit of that at the federal level.

Edited by rsn

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I beg to differ about the banks having personal info...do you not realize at least here in the usa you have to have a drivers license or passport photo, SSN, and addresses etc before they open any kind of account for you????????

I SHOULD know this...as Ive been a bank teller/customer service rep and loan processor for years.... and if your coming to the usa you better be prepared for handing over this kind of info to our banking systems if you didn't know it..

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

To the OP:

I like your thought process. I've often spent sleepless nights lying awake thinking about how much better the system COULD be.

However, I always come back to the same twisted thought: Does the government even want/see the need to improve the system? I wonder sometimes if they are simply okay with the inefficiencies, because they will, in a way, help to filter out illegitimate applicants. If it were as easy as pie, with near instant gratification, perhaps a lot more people would pursue this option - and perhaps those would be the types of folks who we typically see "abusing the system."

I think the USCIS knows those of us who truly love our SO's, will withstand the wait, and come out stronger in the end. I feel like it's their way of saying "Alright, do you want this? Let's see just how badly you want it, and how hard you're willing to work." And the result for most of us is jumping through the hoops, waiting the wait times, emailing, skyping, IM'ing with our loved one, and then waiting some more.

I hope I'm wrong, but it's a thought...

K1 TIMELINE:

01-24-2008 = Sent I-129F to CSC

01-29-2008 = NOA1 Issued

05-28-2008 = NOA2 (125 days after NOA1)

06-02-2008 = NOA2 Hardcopy received; NVC received petition

06-04-2008 = NVC sent package to Costa Rica

06-10-2008 = Embassy received

06-13-2008 = Picked up Packet 3

06-25-2008 = Interview (28 days after NOA2)

07-05-2008 = Home to the U.S. together!

09-20-2008 = Wedding!

AOS/EAD/AP TIMELINE:

10-15-2008 = Sent giant packet to Lockbox

10-22-2008 = NOA1's Issued

11-04-2008 = RFE on AOS only: need birth certificate, ORIGINAL was taken at interview. GRRR

11-24-2008 = Biometrics

12-22-2008 = Mailed RFE packet back

01-02-2009 = AOS processing resumed

01-16-2009 = Service Request filed for EAD (90 days with no news)

01-27-2009 = EAD and AP approved (102 days after NOA1's)

03-12-2009 = AOS Interview, APPROVED!

REMOVING CONDITIONS TIMELINE:

02-18-2011 = Sent packet to CSC

02-22-2011 = NOA1 Issued

03-21-2011 = Biometrics

04-26-2011 = APPROVED!

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 10 YEARS!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.