extremerecluse

My Brain Storm

60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Now is the time to implement this system. It would cut costs and also streamline the process. If you think a human can process information faster than a computer, something is wrong. In my federal government job, we are always told to report fraud, waste or abuse. Well, our govt is conducting a fraud by telling us they are hard at work on our behalf when they are not. They are wasting our tax dollars on an antiquated system that is inefficient at best. The USCIS, like any other govt system, is not accountable to anybody. I should know. I work for the postal service. Our management team does not hold anybody accountable to include themselves; which equates to abuse. I would like to know the revenue that USCIS takes in from fees. Are they self sufficient like the postal service or do they receive federal tax dollars? 9/11 is no excuse to delay our petitions. If the federal govt makes cuts in services, will USCIS be susceptible? I would like to see the daily operations of the service centers. I think visa journey should be allowed to visit these centers and watch the officers adjudicate petitions. I think members should be allowed to testify before congress since they are funding the operation. Transparency needs to be the priority. What is our government afraid of; too many people coming across our borders legally? I am just curious.

I just finished reading the press release that basically is the press conference held by the director where he explains the goals for 2011. I learned that USCIS is self sufficient, meaning they do not use tax dollars to fund daily operations. The petitioners are on the hook. That means they are a private entity just like the US Postal Service. They can be treated as any other private corporation. That means we can file class action law suits against them, just like any other company that fails to deliver service in a timely manner. They cannot hide behind the veil of the US Government. Lets say you sent your car in for repair to Joes Garage to be repaired. The repair should take 2 days. You are given a contract which states time to repair of two days. You call the shop and you are told that they won't be able to get to your vehicle for 5 months due to the backlog of vehicles and the reduction in qualified mechanics. What recourse would you have? You have the written estimate (contract). They promised that you would have your vehicle good-as-new in two days. Now they are breaking the terms of the contract. A contract is legally binding in the US. We submit petitions with a fee to a private, self supporting entity. That fee makes the contract with that private entity binding. A judge would have no other recourse but to enforce the contract. The private entity promised timely service and the paying customer demands nothing less. There are 10's of thousands of contracts called NOAs waiting for action now. By definition, we are dealing with JOEs garage. We demand good service!!! Nothing less!!!!!

Edited by extremerecluse

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I don't remember a contract stating how long it would take for the I130 to be approved when I filed mine. The waiting time for this process to be completed is just one more piece of evidence of a bona fide relationship that we "submit" without being aware of it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

A couple of thoughts come to mind:

You seem to want to replace people that have jobs processing various applications with consular officers. Is that more CO's or do you want to locate back office staffs across the globe? What career path do these people have?

Now that the Watson computer has won on Jeopardy it can be purchased to process visa applications. Go ahead and ask your Congressperson to fund the acquisition. USCIS answers to Congress. That's where the changes will begin.

The "Watson" computer is hardly needed in this case.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

ATMs are a simple input output station. They use dual factor authentication (your card and your pin ) to allow you to preform rudimentary tasks. The don't expose your personal identifying info through there. Online banking also uses dual factor and still restricts your actions. You can't get to the point where you know personal identifying info and most of your actions are about moving money. There is no dual factor login to the USCIS site, the cost of implementing that would be pushed back on the petitioners ,who would personally have to travel to a USCIS site with proof of USC or LPR. Once you got that in place , you would be prohibited from uploading anything in the area of a word,pdf,excel, or image file. to any co mingled server. The issue is the rules around allowing file upload to a machine that contains personal identify information, It is hard to get it approved for USC to use, harder for US based 'us persons' and next to impossible to have that system be allowed to have people log in for foreign countries. The put the process out to bid about3 years ago and nothing came in as meeting the security constraints and being affordable.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

To the OP:

I like your thought process. I've often spent sleepless nights lying awake thinking about how much better the system COULD be.

However, I always come back to the same twisted thought: Does the government even want/see the need to improve the system? I wonder sometimes if they are simply okay with the inefficiencies, because they will, in a way, help to filter out illegitimate applicants. If it were as easy as pie, with near instant gratification, perhaps a lot more people would pursue this option - and perhaps those would be the types of folks who we typically see "abusing the system."

I think the USCIS knows those of us who truly love our SO's, will withstand the wait, and come out stronger in the end. I feel like it's their way of saying "Alright, do you want this? Let's see just how badly you want it, and how hard you're willing to work." And the result for most of us is jumping through the hoops, waiting the wait times, emailing, skyping, IM'ing with our loved one, and then waiting some more.

I hope I'm wrong, but it's a thought...

Yes you are---------WRONG. You are a paying customer. You are dealing with a self sufficient private entity which uses your funds to provide a service. They openly admit they are not able to process the petitions as fast as they arrive. In a press conference, explaining the 2011 goals for USCIS, the director stated they have an average back log of 6 months. Does he explain why? NO!!! He cannot and will not because he knows the system is dysfunctional. He would never admit this. Guess what!! He is an attorney and a former prosecutor. He would be walking on thin ice if he told the truth. He knows a torrent of lawsuits would be coming if he did so. He also stated that USCIS processed 1.4 million petitions the previous year. But how many of those were stuck in huge piles that reached the ceiling for months on end. I would love to conduct a confidential survey of all the USCIS employees. I bet they would tell some real horror stories. When nobody is held accountable how can we expect good service? We are all nothing more than paying customers and that is how he (the director) addressed us as in his press conference. If that is the case, then he just admitted that we are dealing with a private corporation that can be held liable in court. Enough said!!!!!

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I hate to say it, but I don't think making the process quicker and easier for people to immigrate to this country would be very popular with anyone but those of us who are waiting to be with our SO's.

Timeline

One other problem - you are asking for standardized evidence. That means that every single foreign country in the world that uses their own languages and their own documentation must now conform to US standards on the off chance that one of their citizens will eventually be sponsored as a beneficiary to move to the US. That means all birth certificates - even for countries that technologically do not do this on a regular basis (yes, there are still some) and all marriage certificates, divorce and death documents must now all contain exactly the same information - no more and no less - and organized in such a way that the machine can automatically recognize and 'slot' the necessary information into the correct field. That means all evidence must now be written in English or transcribed into a standardized English format. That will make countries such as Russia and Viet Nam very happy, I'm sure. The real problem is that evidence in the US isn't even standardized - a divorce decree from Georgia looks nothing like a divorce decree from Texas, for example - and I don't see that likelihood ever happening here until you are able to get the 50 different small 'countries' that make up the US federation to forego their state right to be in charge of vital statistic records.

Technology is good in its place but too much of a reliance on technology is just as dangerous as not using it correctly. Yes, USCIS and DOS - two different federal departments, btw - the immigration staff and the Consulate staff don't work for the same departments - could do much better at inter communications and sharing information via technology. They could do a better job at sharing the information with us, but I don't think it would be a good idea at all to remove the human element from the process. As the saying goes, 'To err is human, but to really foul things up takes a computer".

The hands on would occur at the Embassy interview. Nothing would change from that point on. Everything up to that point would occur electronically. It would still be up to the CO to say yes or no; nothing changes but how the information is gathered. Move the USCIS staff to the embassies that have the largest flow of applicants. the applicant will still have 250 pages of evidence in order to prove that the case is legit. There are those who just love to muck things up with what we cannot do. I am talking about what we can do. I bet I could find a company right now that could make this happen in a matter of months. A standard format document could be created for any situation. Remember, we sent people to the moon and back. This is nothing compared to that. Change is the kicker here. We have been lulled into thinking that our govt is just THAT WAY and will never change. Last year the USCIS processed 1.4 million petitions. How much money do you think that would come to? This is a private corporation by definition; fee for services rendered. Contracts called NOA's. Legally binding!!!!!!!!!!!! To be upheld in a court of law!!!!!!!!!!!! We are the paying customers, just like when we bring our vehicle into JOE's garage. PAYING CUSTOMERS. We demand good service!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing More!!!!!! The director stated that USCIS has a 6 month backlog at a press conference. We, as paying customers do not give a D*&M what the excuse is for having a 6 month backlog. We all have contracts that entitles us to good services. the problem has been identified by the USCIS Director. It is not our job to tell Joe's Garage how to do their job. We, as paying customers have been officially notified that there is a big problem by the man in charge of USCIS. He needs to fix it. It seems like many USCIS paying customers are accustomed to receiving poor service for fees paid. Contracts are being broken on a daily basis by a private entity. If you can't grasp that concept of reality, then we, as a paying customer are screwed!!!!

Edited by extremerecluse

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

One other problem - you are asking for standardized evidence. That means that every single foreign country in the world that uses their own languages and their own documentation must now conform to US standards on the off chance that one of their citizens will eventually be sponsored as a beneficiary to move to the US. That means all birth certificates - even for countries that technologically do not do this on a regular basis (yes, there are still some) and all marriage certificates, divorce and death documents must now all contain exactly the same information - no more and no less - and organized in such a way that the machine can automatically recognize and 'slot' the necessary information into the correct field. That means all evidence must now be written in English or transcribed into a standardized English format. That will make countries such as Russia and Viet Nam very happy, I'm sure. The real problem is that evidence in the US isn't even standardized - a divorce decree from Georgia looks nothing like a divorce decree from Texas, for example - and I don't see that likelihood ever happening here until you are able to get the 50 different small 'countries' that make up the US federation to forego their state right to be in charge of vital statistic records.

Technology is good in its place but too much of a reliance on technology is just as dangerous as not using it correctly. Yes, USCIS and DOS - two different federal departments, btw - the immigration staff and the Consulate staff don't work for the same departments - could do much better at inter communications and sharing information via technology. They could do a better job at sharing the information with us, but I don't think it would be a good idea at all to remove the human element from the process. As the saying goes, 'To err is human, but to really foul things up takes a computer".

Uhm... It's called Localization. It's very common. Theres the answer to that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internationalization_and_localization

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I'm sure we could just use computer technology to increase the size of the US embassies throughout the world to accommodate the additional offices and staffing requirements that would be needed.

So there is a computer system now that can build additional staff offices at Embassies and automate the lobbying process for Congress to allocate the funds for additional USCIS staff overseas?

Timeline

So there is a computer system now that can build additional staff offices at Embassies and automate the lobbying process for Congress to allocate the funds for additional USCIS staff overseas?

I think Watson from Jeopardy could do it.

Timeline

What contract is being broken?

Good service, as in any contract is assumed. You did not expect that letting your file collect dust is good service. If you did expect this, then why did you file your petition?

Good service is expected as soon as you stuffed that petition in that envelope with that $$$$. They take your money as part of the agreement to process your petition in a timely manner. Maybe you don't think they can be treated just like Joe's garage. Well, they can. They have many attorneys that represent them in court every day. Do you think they want you to know that they can be taken to court by you? Absolutely not!!!!! They are a private entity and they divulged before many reporters that they have a big problem. That problem is causing what we as paying customers refer to as "poor service". Do we care what is causing that poor service. Absolutely not!!!! What do we, as paying customers, require of that private entity who gladly received your $$$$? GOOD SERVICE. Can we, as paying customers, prove in a court of law that they are not providing services in a timely manner? Absolutely. Will they have attorneys ready to do battle with our attorneys? Absolutely. Who will win; the paying customers who assumed that they would receive good service. Good service is always assumed in any transaction ( money for services). If good service cannot be delivered according to the transaction (your $$$ for timely service) then the one who is responsible for providing that service is in violation of the contract; case closed.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Good service, as in any contract is assumed. You did not expect that letting your file collect dust is good service. If you did expect this, then why did you file your petition?

Good service is expected as soon as you stuffed that petition in that envelope with that $$$$. They take your money as part of the agreement to process your petition in a timely manner. Maybe you don't think they can be treated just like Joe's garage. Well, they can. They have many attorneys that represent them in court every day. Do you think they want you to know that they can be taken to court by you? Absolutely not!!!!! They are a private entity and they divulged before many reporters that they have a big problem. That problem is causing what we as paying customers refer to as "poor service". Do we care what is causing that poor service. Absolutely not!!!! What do we, as paying customers, require of that private entity who gladly received your $$$$? GOOD SERVICE. Can we, as paying customers, prove in a court of law that they are not providing services in a timely manner? Absolutely. Will they have attorneys ready to do battle with our attorneys? Absolutely. Who will win; the paying customers who assumed that they would receive good service. Good service is always assumed in any transaction ( money for services). If good service cannot be delivered according to the transaction (your $$$ for timely service) then the one who is responsible for providing that service is in violation of the contract; case closed.

What do I want from USCIS? You guessed it right!!!! GOOD SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I don't care how USCIS gets it done; just get it done!!!!

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Let me know what we cannot do. I am interested in what we can do. Demand and expect good service for $$$ payments rendered to a private entity (USCIS)

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Let me know what we cannot do. I am interested in what we can do. Demand and expect good service for $$$ payments rendered to a private entity (USCIS)

Please provide actual proof of USCIS being a private entity. Also please provide proof of a contract.

FWIW: I felt that I got good service for the fees paid. So we have a difference in opinion.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.