Danno

Will Multiculturalism End Europe?

106 posts in this topic

Six made a valid and demonstrable point that the primary reason for the existence of "multiculturalism" in Europe is due to a reluctance on the part of Europeans to encourage assimilation. It would make more sense to ridicule that than to mourn the lack of an exit plan. It's not as if they didn't have an exit plan anyway, they did. All their indentured servants were to eventually leave to raise families back home, sending a new crop of servants in a kind of rotation. The failure is that it didn't always happen in such a neat fashion. They were stupid enough to believe it would. Why not ridicule that?

Europe as a whole is supposedly multicultural, with the French being French, the Spanish being Spanish, the Brits being British, the Italians being Italian, etc., and that's supposed to be the natural order of things, as if their cultures evolved in a vacuum. But, they didn't. They took from others, and don't even get along all that well among themselves for hating on something about the others. The bottom line is, if they suck at being of the real world, they should get over it coz there's more to the world than just them. Their colonialist past should have clues them into that long ago.

yeah, there's never a negative word in these kinds of articles uttered about the europeans who wrote their own immigration laws and policies that allowed entire families to immigrate to societies that had no interest and made no effort to engage the people they had allowed in, and encourage assimilation. instead they were ghettoized. if it were just a matter of illegal hordes they had not allowed in in the first place, that'd be one thing. but even legal immigrants were ghettoized.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Europe as a whole is supposedly multicultural, with the French being French, the Spanish being Spanish, the Brits being British, the Italians being Italian, etc., and that's supposed to be the natural order of things, as if their cultures evolved in a vacuum. But, they didn't. They took from others, and don't even get along all that well among themselves for hating on something about the others. The bottom line is, if they suck at being of the real world, they should get over it coz there's more to the world than just them. Their colonialist past should have clues them into that long ago.

This is a little hyperbolic.

I'd be wary of buying into the propagandist BS peddled by Danno et al that "society figured this out long ago". I tend to find that this attitude pervades least where multiculturialism is actually present, and most in isolated white communites, where latent orientalist ideologies are allowed to fester.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

PS - if your true intent is to ridicule the failure of planned multiculturalism in Europe, Danno, then post articles that do that instead of articles that blame the immigrants for "ruining" Europe for the Real Europeans. That would clarify your purpose much better.

I don't believe my point was; Muslims or immigrants are "ruining Europe" as much as it was.... "European leaders, with their childish fantasies about how cultures mesh ... have set Europe on the path to ruin".

I don't blame Muslims for coming to Europe anymore than I blame European settlers for coming to America.

Of course the one difference is, the Indians, had no plan to resist their new arriving Culture.... where as todays Europeans are actually inviting and in many cases providing for.... their newly arriving Culture.

Europe will not end, what a stupid thing to say.

Oh, it's Pat Buchanan, never mind :rofl:

YEs MC, we know you will still be able to locate Europe on your map.

Thanks for your insight.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Fine, so your articles should reflect that. I anticipate that your next threads re this topic should have titles like "European leaders too dumb to Live" and "Immigrants made fodder for post-colonial folly" or "Euro heads sh!t where they live and blame everyone else. Who cares?" :P

I don't believe my point was; Muslims or immigrants are "ruining Europe" as much as it was.... "European leaders, with their childish fantasies about how cultures mesh ... have set Europe on the path to ruin".

I don't blame Muslims for coming to Europe anymore than I blame European settlers for coming to America.

Of course the one difference is, the Indians, had no plan to resist their new arriving Culture.... where as todays Europeans are actually inviting and in many cases providing for.... their newly arriving Culture.

YEs MC, we know you will still be able to locate Europe on your map.

Thanks for your insight.

Edited by Sofiyya

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Certainly for the UK, it is catch up by the Politicians, the populace have known this all along.

It has just got to the point where the politicians can not ignore reality.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I'm struggling to think of any major country that is mono-cultured - I think the whole question of there being some kind of devil that is multiculturalism is a fallacy fabricated to feed into Nationalism, which is an easy vote grabber if you don't get too specific, just try to reach out to a general sense of us and them and a vague sense of disquiet as to what allowing 'them' to express their own cultural identity might lead to. Lot of nonsense but something that can become nasty and lead to conflict.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm struggling to think of any major country that is mono-cultured - I think the whole question of there being some kind of devil that is multiculturalism is a fallacy fabricated to feed into Nationalism, which is an easy vote grabber if you don't get too specific, just try to reach out to a general sense of us and them and a vague sense of disquiet as to what allowing 'them' to express their own cultural identity might lead to. Lot of nonsense but something that can become nasty and lead to conflict.

Exactly

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You guys have me all chocked up - I can't think straight -

so I'm headed out for 2 kg of curry goat with a side of nasi lemak.

Y'all play nice for a bit, yes?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

In Spain I got to see multiculturalism at work in the strictest and probably most sensical way: multiple cultures coexisting and tolerating each other, including that culture (Spanish) which is obviously the host. For the most part that was fine and those Africans, Arabs, etc that I saw seemed to be integrated to the comfort level that they felt comfortable with doing so, and (save for those that are intolerant anyway) Spanish society seemed to be enriched the more so.

Its obvious when immigrating to a new nation, any large community of immigrants should happily accept they are not moving to a country like their own. Therefore they should at least try to integrate- but this does not mean they have to abandon their cultural identities. In this day and age, its really silly for people to complain about diverse societies with the hate and vitriol they use while at the same time hiding that hate in guise of some kind of nationalistic defense that doesn't make much more sense than their own irrational fear of different people.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

That is how, give or take, it used to be in the UK.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

It's fully recognized but a non-Jew can't get married in Israel. Most couples go to Cyprus.

wth ? You mean they don't let non jews get married in Israel? You would think after all the ####### the jews went through... spanish inquisition, pogroms, holocaust, etc... that if anything they wouldn't be prejudice. It seems like it has had the opposite affect on them, and I can't say that's a good thing for Israel.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

wth ? You mean they don't let non jews get married in Israel? You would think after all the ####### the jews went through...holocaust, spanish inquisition, pogroms, holocaust, etc... that if anything they wouldn't be prejudice. It seems like it has had the opposite affect on them, and I can't say that's a good thing for Israel.

Civil marriage does not exist in Israel and rabbis have their own rules about who they marry.

The State of Israel *does* recognize marriage certificates from other countries, so there's no real problem.

Cyprus has some great marriage+honeymoon deals for Israeli couples.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Civil marriage does not exist in Israel and rabbis have their own rules about who they marry.

The State of Israel *does* recognize marriage certificates from other countries, so there's no real problem.

Cyprus has some great marriage+honeymoon deals for Israeli couples.

It's ####### like that though that turns me off about the middle east. Iv'e always wanted to see some of those old Roman / Byzantine sites along with a Crusader castle and some of those old Jewish historic sites but after the more I read about those people...screw it.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's ####### like that though that turns me off about the middle east. Iv'e always wanted to see some of those old Roman / Byzantine sites along with a Crusader castle and some of those old Jewish historic sites but after the more I read about those people...screw it.

Maybe this will change your mind.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg