Danno

Will Multiculturalism End Europe?

106 posts in this topic

Maybe this will change your mind.

It's nice to read story's like that one. It shows people in this world are progressing. :)

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

wth ? You mean they don't let non jews get married in Israel? You would think after all the ####### the jews went through... spanish inquisition, pogroms, holocaust, etc... that if anything they wouldn't be prejudice. It seems like it has had the opposite affect on them, and I can't say that's a good thing for Israel.

Maybe its a parallel to why *some* blacks in the US are currently *overshooting* the whole black identity to seem to *others* as racist themselves.

I think the Israelis will sort out their historical issues in due time, as will most in the black community in the US. Then the only variable left will be the *actual* bigots.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This is a little hyperbolic.

I'd be wary of buying into the propagandist BS peddled by Danno et al that "society figured this out long ago". I tend to find that this attitude pervades least where multiculturialism is actually present, and most in isolated white communites, where latent orientalist ideologies are allowed to fester.

More liberal clap-trap.

Post your last 4 zip codes and I'll post mine.

IN fact, the truth is more likely to be the opposite of your assertion.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Yes, you might want to think about doing some progressing, too.

stuff it

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

More liberal clap-trap.

Post your last 4 zip codes and I'll post mine.

IN fact, the truth is more likely to be the opposite of your assertion.

I'm afraid I don't live in the US.

Sofiyya, I thought, was being a little rash in lambasting Europeans en masse for uppity colonial sectarianism.

Living in London, the capital city of historically the world's most uppity colonialists, I felt I was in a rather apt position (literally) to retort.

Liberal claptrap? Well, maybe - but why ought the discussion merit anything greater? What exactly is it that Cameron has said? What am I supposed to be rebuking? Where's the policy or reform? By all means, call me out for making an assertion - it without doubt was one. But attempting to take the pulse of multicultural European metropolises as a whole is by its nature going to be a debate built on subjectivity, anecdotal evidence and waffle.

I'd rather entertain a discussion over the practicalities of cutting public funding to faith schools- though with Warsi in his cabinet and 26 Bishops in the Lords, I highly doubt Cameron would be as eager as I.

Sounds to me like Europe is what they claim to fear: intolerant, ethnocentric, bigoted, segregationist, dumb and myopic. Not much of a change from who they were before, the folks that started two world wars based on their self-appointed superiority to every place else.

That was my experience there. After my run-in with a group of skinheads (that I didn't back down from) while vacationing there in 2006, I was ready to return to the USA. They can have their Europe/Scandanavia for all I'm concerned.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

That was my experience there. After my run-in with a group of skinheads (that I didn't back down from) while vacationing there in 2006, I was ready to return to the USA. They can have their Europe/Scandanavia for all I'm concerned.

YEah, you coming home with a bad taste in your mouth was probably the normal reaction, of course I have to wonder,

if Europe was riddled with all of those bad things Soffiyya and you spoke of...... one has to wonder why all these outsiders (who would presumably be victims of this stuff) keep coming... and keep staying?

Is it possible the lands that they come from are the same thing... or even worse?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

if Europe was riddled with all of those bad things Soffiyya and you spoke of...... one has to wonder why all these outsiders (who would presumably be victims of this stuff) keep coming... and keep staying?

It was the ex-wife's idea.

My idea was for us to visit Colombia. I eventually visited Colombia...alone! :dance:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Timeline

They can have their Europe/Scandanavia for all I'm concerned.

Again, absolute hyperbole.

Denouncement of an entire continent is an outlandishly hypocritical position to adopt in what is essentially a debate on tribalism.

(And I'd in fact missed Sofiyya's reactionary jibe at "Europeans" for starting two world wars.)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hyperbole is great. Reactionary hyperbole not so much. But that is opinion. Europeans have learned a lot. But some have a way to go, like many in our nation.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Hyperbole is great. Reactionary hyperbole not so much. But that is opinion. Europeans have learned a lot. But some have a way to go, like many in our nation.

Is the premise for the thread reactionary? Of course, it is.

Timeline

One is necessarily hyperbolic to match the tenor of the OP :P

On occasion, yes (rebuking Islamophobic sentiment with an assault on Christianity, for example), but when the discussion concerns itself primarily with the successful intersection of (supposedly) disparate cultures, I'd place a little more importance on refraining from such hysterical backlash - lest we nourish this absurd notion that labels of ethnicity or faith can serve as inscrutable measures of identity (which is sort of the root of all the trouble).

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

On occasion, yes (rebuking Islamophobic sentiment with an assault on Christianity, for example), but when the discussion concerns itself primarily with the successful intersection of (supposedly) disparate cultures, I'd place a little more importance on refraining from such hysterical backlash - lest we nourish this absurd notion that labels of ethnicity or faith can serve as inscrutable measures of identity (which is sort of the root of all the trouble).

Perhaps you should reread the title of the thread. My responses seem not at all " hysterical" in comparison B-)