Gocka

K1's at VSC are at a stand still

141 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

These people have not hit their 5 month mark yet, so explain how they should apply pressure? By bitching in a forum that is doing absolutely nothing? Until you guys hit 150 days, stop complaining about speeds and everything else. Learn to have some patience. We are ALL in the same boat. If you guys keep filling it with #######, we're all going to sink.

That is a good point but here is how people should really apply pressure. Do what I did: Call/write your governor, senators, reps and the USCIS over and over until they hear you. Once you get their attention just demand your petition be looked at. I agree that complaining on a forum won't do anything.

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is a good point but here is how people should really apply pressure. Do what I did: Call/write your governor, senators, reps and the USCIS over and over until they hear you. Once you get their attention just demand your petition be looked at. I agree that complaining on a forum won't do anything.

Actually it will if you are specific to other people's situations and you persuade them to complain to elected officials.

Like I wrote in other places on VJ, we are just bugs to USCIS, and one bug is not going to disturb anybody's barbecue. But 100, 500, or 1000 bugs will. That is why we all have to do it to make our collective voices heard.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Actually it will if you are specific to other people's situations and you persuade them to complain to elected officials.

Like I wrote in other places on VJ, we are just bugs to USCIS, and one bug is not going to disturb anybody's barbecue. But 100, 500, or 1000 bugs will. That is why we all have to do it to make our collective voices heard.

you do realize that you haven't even hit the 5 month mark yet, right? Life is too short to go crazy like you have in so many other threads on VJ. Find a hobby, for your own health.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I agree with AI422. Some people are comfortable with the wait times and good for them.

Now for something else: If you are comfortable waiting, I think it would be a good idea to leave the other people (who are NOT comfortable with the waiting) alone and let them join together and they fight their own battles. VJ is all about people coming together and overcoming an obstacle. Just because they don't come together to fight an obstacle that ANOTHER group faces, doesn't mean that they can't come together and fight their own common obstacles. Every group has different ways of dealing with this visa Journey so just let them be.

I already have my NOA2 and my wife living with me, but I have somebody very close to my heart who is still struggling with 7 + months of waiting

Edited by cedwards001

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Yeah, but quit putting so much pressure on yourself. When I see a thread that is complaining about the low amount of approvals on what will likely be the highest output from either SC all year, I think there is a problem with this. Y'all get each other worked up because your own petition wasn't approved. Right? Would the OP be singing a different tune if his/her petition was approved?

I believe I was talking about Vermont and u r from csc. So this isnt for u.

Timeline

Right! we motivate each other here on VJ, then we push the avail. buttons. See, people here have to realize that the pressure we apply do benefit them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I believe I was talking about Vermont and u r from csc. So this isnt for u.

Regardless of service center, I've still been waiting longer than you, darlin'. There's no telling who will be waiting longer so, in fact, we're all in this together. You see?

We are way behind, Vermont is still processing July. You on the other hand are in good hands.

If you look at the charts, CSC and VSC have nearly the same percentage of petitions for August completed. VSC approving five petitions yesterday is not what I would call a "standstill" considering there was a time when they weren't approving five a week. Out of the last 15 petitions VSC approved 6 are from July, 8 are from August and 1 is from September. In a week, VSC managed to catch up a considerable amount. CSC is slowing down significantly from what they were doing recently.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Anyone realized it is also the weekend ?? lol.

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Timeline

If you look at the charts, CSC and VSC have nearly the same percentage of petitions for August completed. VSC approving five petitions yesterday is not what I would call a "standstill" considering there was a time when they weren't approving five a week. Out of the last 15 petitions VSC approved 6 are from July, 8 are from August and 1 is from September. In a week, VSC managed to catch up a considerable amount. CSC is slowing down significantly from what they were doing recently.

If you follow my posts I am the one who asked that Vermont filers to wait 'til the weather changes up north before they confirm a "standstill". Also, the reason we get so nervous is that Vermont had totally stopped processing petitions for about three months in a row. We are afraid of this happening again!

I read some old posts of VJ from a few years back. I've found that Vermont has been the fastest among all the Service Centers, and I believe that was the reason they dumped all those TPS files on them. Yes, they may get ahead of Cali. but, no one can really tell what will happen because they are very inconsistent about everything.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

If you follow my posts I am the one who asked that Vermont filers to wait 'til the weather changes up north before they confirm a "standstill". Also, the reason we get so nervous is that Vermont had totally stopped processing petitions for about three months in a row. We are afraid of this happening again!

I read some old posts of VJ from a few years back. I've found that Vermont has been the fastest among all the Service Centers, and I believe that was the reason they dumped all those TPS files on them. Yes, they may get ahead of Cali. but, no one can really tell what will happen because they are very inconsistent about everything.

exactly, the fear of 'zero' movement - tht makes people over obsessed, anxious etc. - and nothing else.

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

When I first filed, it was California that was working at a snail's pace while Vermont was speeding ahead. This happens every few months. It fluctuates. Sitting here, obsessively watching Igor's List is not going to change that.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is February 7 at 12:30 P.M., and there is nothing but stony silence from the Vermont Disservice Center.

Looks like the start of another hibernation cycle for them.

Wonder how long this one will last? 6 days like the last one they pulled, or 4 months like the hideous stunt they subjected us to last October?

Edited by Al422

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

exactly, the fear of 'zero' movement - tht makes people over obsessed, anxious etc. - and nothing else.

Do you mean zero movement like the one that we will probably see today?

Who ever said stop bitching...... NO, you didnt have to open the thread and read it thanks bye :)

Progress is progress I was just pointing out a downward trend and it looks like I may be right because as the days go we get less aprouvals and today we may get none.

Finally about VJ not being a valid sample, we live in the 21st century pretty much everyone in the US has a computer and uses them, pretty much everyone in zimbabwe uses one let alone in the US. We are a very good random sample thier is no bias here. and just becasue you can find similarities in the members does not mean they are relavent to the statistic being analyzied. What does filing your self have to do with anyhting? Most people do file themselves but ok.

There is nothing worse then a person who goes on to a forum opens a thread and then feels the need to voice that the thread is pointless, the hypocracy of that situation is comical. It was so pointless but you just felt the need to add to its pointless ness and spend your valuable time reading through 4 pages of posts of a useless thread. :bonk::bonk:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.