Gocka

K1's at VSC are at a stand still

141 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

I am calling out for the forum moderator to please shut this thread down. I started it for a totally different reason and it is out of control and to be honet there alot of NON FACTS flying around.

I was Hoping for some well researched answers not politicaly brainwashed polarised arguments with baseless numbers and facts pulled out of....

PLEASE END THE AGONY ALREADY

But not any more. Now that I am experiencing, first hand, the out of control liberalism of Obama and his cronies, I am getting really sick of it and wish that even more Democrats were sent to the unemployment office.

It's funny that you ignore people who tell you that hey, things were like this when Bush was in office, too.

Selective reading, I guess.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

It's funny that you ignore people who tell you that hey, things were like this when Bush was in office, too.

Selective reading, I guess.

Do not look for any logic, ive been trying and my head hurts lol, just leave it alone trust me.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Folks, the OP asked that this thread be closed, so let's stop posting.

I could say a lot more, but in deference to the OP's wishes I will stop, and so should everyone else.

OP: Sorry that your thread got so confrontational, but when you start a thread about an issue as emotionally charged as this one, you have to expect it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Why are you using the fee that we paid for the petition to compare to a lawyers hourly billable rate? There is no correlation in that comparisson they are just two numbers. Does a lawter go through a few hundred cases in a day? does a law firm hire several hundred employees? Your comparing apples and oranges. For one its not wall street because theres no profit involved. Secondly you forget that people who make 200k a year dont usually have some stupid health care plan provided by thier firm, they usually buy thier own. 100's of employees to provide healthcare and pensions to. Its the benefits that really mkaes these goverment employees so expensive, why do you think many people who dont not have advanced degrees look for some type of government job? Because even if they pay isnt huge the benefits outweight the loss in salary many times over.

I agree with you on some levels but I think your frustration is getting the better of you and your not thinking clearly about some things. Trust me I know the feeling, I am extremly frustrated too. Im officialy at 5 months and 5 days so im already over and dont think ill be getting an NOA2 until 6 months. I agree that they should be able to put better use of the money they get but just like any goverment agency they work slow and dont really care that much. Sadly only profit drives people in this country and thats why nothing functions right.

Actually, check your facts about the education of Federal workers before you make statements like that. I'm a Fed, and proud of being a public servant...and hold an advanced degree from an Ivy League institution. Most of the other Federal workers I know do actually hold at least Masters degrees, and most of the support staff hold at least a bachelor's degree. A huge amount of the overhead actually goes to pay pensions for retirees who had it MADE under the previous Federal retirement system, us current Feds have a much leaner and less expensive benefits package from healthcare to retirement. And you can believe I pay my share of the health care cost (approx $250 a month!).

I understand everyone's frustration at USCIS...but not all Federal workers are overpaid and receive fat benefits packages for doing nothing. I put in my 9 - 12 hours a day just like private sector and get paid fairly for my profession. However, I actually work very hard to make sure I'm serving my country and managing taxpayer's dollars the right way. I can't say the same for every part of the Government, but I can say... if you're currently looking for government work..you better at least have a bachelor's degree and a whole lot of experience because you won't even make the certification list for a position if you don't.

once again.. check facts before you make broad statements like that...

Quote: The Office of Personnel Management reports that 44.3 percent of federal civilian workers held a bachelor’s degree in 2008. That’s more than double the percentage of private sector employees who have a bachelor’s. The Minnesota Population Center at the University of Minnesota provided us with comparable data for private-sector employees: 18.7 percent held a BA in 2008.

Source: http://www.factcheck.org/2010/12/are-federal-workers-overpaid/

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-07

Touched: 2010-12-13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thread closed at the OP's request.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.