Gocka

K1's at VSC are at a stand still

141 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Exactly!

OP, you need to remember that you saw the bulk of those approvals on a Monday. I subscribe to the theory that many of those were approved over the weekend and the system updated on Monday morning, when the adjudicators had access to the system to enter the data. It wouldn't surprise me if you something similar this Monday.

That's my theory about last Monday too. We will find out this Monday (hope not too many adjudicators are football fans!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Everybody take a deep breath and relax :thumbs:

url=http://www.tickerclub.com/]e736e35a2b.png[/url]

Time is relative... The mind makes it slow, the heart makes it fast, our friends make it worth while, and words... make it timeless.

12/27/10 NOA 1 hard copy received in Mail

12/31/10 USICS Notification on Website

05/04/11 2nd notice of Approval via website and text message! Thank you Jesus!

05/09/11 2nd notice I-797 hard copy arrives in mail.

05/11/11 NVC receives approved K-1 visa

05/13/11 NVC ships K-1 to Bogota

05/16/11 K-1 arrives at Embassy

05/18/11 E-mail Packet #3 to Embassy

07/28/11 Appointment scheduled at Embassy in Bogota. # Visa Approved #

Timeline

Everybody take a deep breath and relax :thumbs:

That's easier said than done. Vermont's recent catastrophic failure has many of us on a hair trigger to assume another long term failure if we see the slightest slowdown.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

On my 6th month waiting for the NOA2. Life goes on!!! and while life goes on, many things will go either way!..only one thing always stand still "Positive attitude"

Let's hope to the best!

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Is it possible that the adjudicator's performance is measured by how many [visas] they process in a month? Many were processed at the very end of January. That would make sense if they hadn't met the numbers earlier in the month.

I choose to focus on the positive. To be negative will just make my wait more miserable and make it seem longer. Go VSC!

K1 Process:

NOA1 17 Sept 10

Touched 3 Oct 10

Placed Service Request 25 March 11

NOA2 4 April 11

Left NVC 15 April 11

Packet 3 letter dated 19 April 11

Packet 3 response sent 6 May 11

Interview 26 May 11

K1 received 1 June 11

Entered US 26 June 11

Married 6 August 11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Is it possible that the adjudicator's performance is measured by how many [visas] they process in a month? Many were processed at the very end of January. That would make sense if they hadn't met the numbers earlier in the month.

I choose to focus on the positive. To be negative will just make my wait more miserable and make it seem longer. Go VSC!

Not sure whether it's monthly, weekly or daily. I know a former adjudicator who posted a FAQ on the site said they have a 'specific' number they must hit for performance and if they slack they are pretty much fired if it is a continual thing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Okay folks!! what's the minimum number of approvals should be expected from Vermont on this thread?? I personally think if Vermont approves 5 a day, that should mean that they are working hard out there and will catch up soon.

In response to those who say 'relax and keep a positive attitude', I agree, but we can do all that and still keep the pressure. Never assume that applied pressure don't make a difference. I'm all for putting pressure, sometimes it's the only way to make a difference.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Okay folks!! what's the minimum number of approvals should be expected from Vermont on this thread?? I personally think if Vermont approves 5 a day, that should mean that they are working hard out there and will catch up soon.

In response to those who say 'relax and keep a positive attitude', I agree, but we can do all that and still keep the pressure. Never assume that applied pressure don't make a difference. I'm all for putting pressure, sometimes it's the only way to make a difference.

Yeah, but quit putting so much pressure on yourself. When I see a thread that is complaining about the low amount of approvals on what will likely be the highest output from either SC all year, I think there is a problem with this. Y'all get each other worked up because your own petition wasn't approved. Right? Would the OP be singing a different tune if his/her petition was approved?

Using the results of people here on Visa Journey is not a valid statistical sample. The data collected from people at Visa Journey might be a good approximation but it is definitely not valid statistical sample. The key to statistical sampling is that you must take a random sample. One characteristic of a random sample is that every object in the population of things to be sampled must have an equal chance of being selected in the sample. If the K-1 filers in Visa Journey only represent only 5% of all K-1 filers across the nation then you have excluded 95% of the population of K-1 filers. K-1 visa filers at Visa Journey are not a random sample.

Exactly, only the USCIS has the data to pick random samples. Using only VJ members makes the sample biased and extremely skewed.

Also, just because the geusstimate of 5% of VJ members are not getting approved does not correlate to (relate to, [mean that]) the other 95% of K1 applicants are not getting approvals.

Edited by edp333

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

This is ridiculous and a waste of forum space. We've been over this many times. The percentages etc etc etc.... It's common sense. That's all I have to say. Get over it.

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Timeline

5 approvals from VSC yesterday.

0 from CSC.

And the complaint threads are about VSC's speed.

5 Approvals only from this site, and only from those who actually updated their timelimes. You can't jude the speed of either service center based on what is happening HERE. CSC may have approved hundreds more petitions than VSC did yesterday, but guess what?! Their probably not members on this site. So which one is faster? Nobody knows. Period. You know what's slow?... Most of you.

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Timeline

These people have not hit their 5 month mark yet, so explain how they should apply pressure? By bitching in a forum that is doing absolutely nothing? Until you guys hit 150 days, stop complaining about speeds and everything else. Learn to have some patience. We are ALL in the same boat. If you guys keep filling it with #######, we're all going to sink.

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Timeline

Actually, at 5, they won't catch up. They need more like 8 to do that. Do the math.

After they catch up, 5 will keep them from falling behind again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.