Gocka

K1's at VSC are at a stand still

141 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Just when it seemed things were going in the right direction it looks like they are putting k1's aside again at VSC. I dont understand how they can process 30+ petitions in 1 days and then 15 total for the next 5 days?

If you look at the stats it looks like on the last day of January they did a whole bunch 30+ and even the few days leading up to that they did huge amounts, then as soon as February started they dwindled down to 5 a day even less on some day. Why are they doing this? They tried to pad thier stats for that month at the end of it and then the very next day its down to practically none. I just dont understand.

Just when it seemed things were going in the right direction it looks like they are putting k1's aside again at VSC. I dont understand how they can process 30+ petitions in 1 days and then 15 total for the next 5 days?

If you look at the stats it looks like on the last day of January they did a whole bunch 30+ and even the few days leading up to that they did huge amounts, then as soon as February started they dwindled down to 5 a day even less on some day. Why are they doing this? They tried to pad thier stats for that month at the end of it and then the very next day its down to practically none. I just dont understand.

Think about how the blizzard and snow has affected the VSC office. I'm sure their office has been closed most of this week.

7/26/10 Engaged
9/15/10 - Mailed I-129F to Dallas
9/17/10 - Received in Dallas
9/23/10 - NOA1 (Email - Sent to VSC)
9/24/10 - NOA1 (Letter Received Dated 9/20/10)
10/3/10 - Touched
3/23/11 - NOA2 (Email - Sent to NVC)
3/31/11 - Letter from NVC confirming receipt (Letter dated then)
4/6/11 - Email confirmation from NVC - Paperwork sent to Frankfurt
4/9/11 - Packet 3 received from Frankfurt
4/19/11 - Packet 4 received from Frankfurt
5/16/11 - Fiance's Interview in Frankfurt - Approved
6/11/11 - Wedding Date

7/1/11 - NOA AOS, EAD, AP documents received
7/27/11 - Biometrics
8/26/11 - Emails that AP and EAD are approved - EAD card sent to be ordered, should be sent within 30 days
10/31/11 - Email that GC is approved.
11/4/11 - GC received!

7/30/13 - NOA1 for ROC

8/27/13 - Biometrics

9/23/13 - Received notice of case being transferred from VSC to CSC

10/28/13 - GC ordered!

I think it's a bit early to start saying that VSC has gone to a 'stand still'.

If you look at the weekly statistics, this week has been their /best/ week for VJ NOA2s since March of last year. (63 at the time of this posting)

So I don't know how you can say that - at all.

I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from.

These are the counts from Igor's List (again, as of the time of this posting, likely to go up)

26 - 01/31/2011

15 - 02/01/2011

13 - 02/02/2011

5 - 02/03/2011

4 - 02/04/2011

Yes, the numbers are going down, but nowhere near to the extent you're claiming.

:blink:

Edited by TwoCats

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Timeline

I think it's a bit early to start saying that VSC has gone to a 'stand still'.

If you look at the weekly statistics, this week has been their /best/ week for VJ NOA2s since March of last year. (63 at the time of this posting)

So I don't know how you can say that - at all.

I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from.

These are the counts from Igor's List (again, as of the time of this posting, likely to go up)

26 - 01/31/2011

15 - 02/01/2011

13 - 02/02/2011

5 - 02/03/2011

4 - 02/04/2011

Yes, the numbers are going down, but nowhere near to the extent you're claiming.

I suposse you are right perhaps the snow is a big factor. It is true they are having thier best week but thats only becasue of the massive volume at the start, It seems like its slowing. How much of that is due to snow I dont know, I ddint know government facilities closed becasue of weather but I really dont know. HEH its just dissapointing when one in day 10% of unpraouved petitions for a month are finished then you drop down so fast.

Maybe it will pick up again next week. Today is very slow though.

:blink:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

1.always remeber VJ members are a small percentage of all people who filed.

2.not every VJ members update their timeline.

K1 Journey

06-29-2010: Sent I-129F

06-30-2010: CSC receives package

07-07-2010: CSC NOA1 Dated.

07-08-2010: CSC Check cashed.

07-12-2010: Received Hard Copy of NOA1.

10-27-2010: Touched.(I hope it means they work on my case.)

11-16-2010: Touched.(Come on NOA2, Day 132, still waitting)

11-16-2010: NOA2 Dated.

11-22-2010: NVC DAted.

11-26-2010: NVC to Guang Zhou Consulate

12-17-2010: GZC issued the P3.

12-24-2010: GZC sent out the P3.

12-25-2010: We got the P3 from GZC.

12-25-2010: GZC Got the P3 from us.

01-28-2011: P4

02-11-2011: Medical.

02-14-2011: Paper Work intake and Fingers Print.

02-15-2011: Interview!!!

02-14-2011: US time, We got PINK, Best V-day gift ever.

03-02-2011: POE LAX.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Dunno why you say this as it's only been 2 days. They had a big snow storm up there and government offices across the nation have been closed for days due to it (not VSC itself but still).

Also as more VJ members get approved the less '#s' we will see from VSC. VJ members are a very small percentage and as they get approved, our 'window' if you will, looking into VSC gets smaller and smaller until they move onto another month.

Timeline

1.always remeber VJ members are a small percentage of all people who filed.

2.not every VJ members update their timeline.

That is true about people not updating all the time. You can really notice that toward the end when it seems like they have moved on to the next month but the month before is only 80% done then it slowly goes up to 90% and peaks.

But about it being only a small portion of the population, when doing statistical infrencing its completly valid to assume the VJ memebers as a viable sample to the whole population of applicants. So if 10% of VJ members in August have gotten thier NOA2 then it is pretty safe to assume that the same would apply to the whole population. If I took the time to figure out standard deviation and a few other figurs I could tell you up to a 98% accuracy how closely we relate to the whole population. (just some stuff I picked up in stats class hahaha)

Timeline

Dunno why you say this as it's only been 2 days. They had a big snow storm up there and government offices across the nation have been closed for days due to it (not VSC itself but still).

Also as more VJ members get approved the less '#s' we will see from VSC. VJ members are a very small percentage and as they get approved, our 'window' if you will, looking into VSC gets smaller and smaller until they move onto another month.

Its possible but the weather was pretty bad from the 26th to the 1st and they had huge amounts done then. I really think it was in an effort to finish of the month and increase completion rates for that month

Also about the windows becoming smaller. That is not true. We are a perpetual sample, when they finish one month they move on to the next, so as long as your counting total amount completed for a given time period (a day) and not total from that given month (august) then the figures dont change. The rate of completion is unchanged.

Edited by Gocka

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

VJ members,. at approximately 5% of the total K-1 petitioners, represent a valid statistical sample of the whole. I don't know the exact accuracy number, but 98% sound about right.

We can only speculate what has slowed Vermont down these past two days. Maybe it is weather, and maybe it is their own doing, like a decision to do more TPS or other non-citizen work.

Regardless of what it is, what we need to do remains the same: Use our tools (phone, e-mails and Congress) to maximize the pressure on them to work on only our petitions. I have been urging this course of action all along, even when they were moving because they could slow down in an instant, and lo and behold, it happened.

We need to not only use our tools but to keep using them regardless of how fast or slow Vermont moves. This latest slowdown demonstrates what I have been writing about all along: We can't slack off, not even for a day. When we slack off, they slack off.

Hopefully, whatever is slowing them down will be over with soon. But in the meantime, use your tools. And keep on using them no matter how much speed they pick up.

Edited by Al422

Timeline

somehow I am very skeptikal at how much "pressure" can really be applied. I feel like they dont even pay attention to our calls or emials or letters. I could be wrong but having seen how some government organizations run first hand I find it hard to believe they take people complaining very seriously BUTTTT it cant hurt ;)

Oh and if in fact we are 5% then that is more then a valid sample haha. are you kidding samples are usually something like 1000 for a million that would be 0.10% so 5.00% lol yea thats plenty to be valid and then some

Edited by Gocka

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, we are bugs to them. And one bug is not going to disrupt your backyard barbecue. But what if 100 bugs showed up, or 500 or 1000? Suddenly, the bugs have some power. That's why we all need to do this to make it work.

Speaking of power, the "congressional", as they call it, is a huge annoyance to them, even if they come one at a time. And each one of us can launch three of these (1 Congress Member + 2 Senators).

The idea is to send a message: Get the K-1s done on time (5 months) and all is quiet. Be late with them, and here come the bugs!

Lets keep our fingers crossed that the wheels of motion is still turning and will pick up pace :thumbs: . lets give it a week and see what happens .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Timeline

5% is a good long term sample...advertisers spend ten of millions of dollars on Neilson ratings with a far smaller percentage..also at election time...they would be lucky to sample one percent of the voters..

hahah exactly what I was thinking, they have samples smaller then 1% and with a sample of 5% you can estimate with 99% accurasy.

THats why I dont get it when people keep saying oh we only make up a small portion of the total, you dont need the whole population to figure out whats going on. Besides we are the perfect random sample, different ages, regions, incomes, races, sexes. You couldnt get a better sample. What happens on here is directly reprasentative of the population

Lets keep our fingers crossed that the wheels of motion is still turning and will pick up pace :thumbs: . lets give it a week and see what happens .

Yea the next week is very very important becasue right now we are on a downward trend so if it continues that way then I dont know, but lets pray the snow was to blame and not shifting all the resources elsewhere (AGAIN)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

...We can only speculate what has slowed Vermont down these past two days. Maybe it is weather, and maybe it is their own doing, like a decision to do more TPS or other non-citizen work.

They do the dreaded "TPS reports" at VSC? No wonder things are slow! And here I thought TPS reports were a fictional creation of the movie, "Office Space", only to find out they are something USCIS does! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TPS_report

Edited by Jim&Natasha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.