VeniyaAO

3rd I-129F app

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi,

I am preparing my 3rd I-129F.

Both the first two were approved for interviews with original papers.

I heard somewhere that after your second I-I29F it becomes more difficult.

Could any one help me on this?

What additional information do I need to send. I want to make sure I do everything correctly to get a fast process.

If there are other topics on this subject, please provide me the link or info.

Thanks for any help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What is the time from of the prior visas ? Did your ex's all make it to the US and are they still all here.

To file the waiver you write a request that you be allowed to file a petition although you have already filed 2 prior K1's

Make sure your SO knows everything about the prior petitions.

If your ex's are in the US they will be looking very carefully to see if something funny is happening especially if the other 2 were recent.

What is the time from of the prior visas ? Did your ex's all make it to the US and are they still all here.

To file the waiver you write a request that you be allowed to file a petition although you have already filed 2 prior K1's

Make sure your SO knows everything about the prior petitions.

If your ex's are in the US they will be looking very carefully to see if something funny is happening especially if the other 2 were recent.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Wow --what happened to the previous 2 petitions ?? Were they approved and visas granted ? Did you get married and divorced ? Or did you cancelled the 2 previous petitions before they were granted visas? Have you NOT learned from the 2 previous petitions . or are you into something else ?????

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Timeline

More info:

Each woman was given approval to go to the interview but neither went to the interview.

The 1st 1-129F was filed on Feb. 13, 2003, the petition was returned to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services with a statement from the consular officer that the beneficiary was issued a fiance(e) visa based upon a different I-129F petition filed. I have the Notice of Automatic Termination dated March 3, 2005.

The 2nd was filed on March 18, 2010. It was automatically terminated officially on 12/7/2010 (the relationship ended back in April 2010). My fiance(e) requested the termination less then two months after the I-129F was mailed. She never gave me a reason for the cancellation. I have the Notice of Decision letter from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services which says the petitioner requested the withdrawal of the petition (even though it was my fiance(e) that requested the cancellation).

So I plan to send copies of each letter along this I-I29F application.

So I just need to ask for a waiver? Do I need to explain why the first two were not approved?

Is there more information on this topic somewhere?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The good news is that you have all the docs you need to show them that the 2 priors are under control.

The bad news is that you need to get a waiver not only on it being #3, but also that the last prior was less than 2 years ago. These waivers are not automatic.

May I make a suggestion: Since you have a bad history of 2 out of 2 backing out on you, might it serve your interests to develop your relationship with #3 a little better before filing?

Timeline

It is funny how people want to find out all the detail and how I need to learn my lesson?

Well I provided more information that should be enough to give an appropriate answer, thanks.

I just would like to know how to complete a 3rd I-129F correctly.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry to be so intrusive. Just trying to help you.

You need to apply for a waiver. Once you get it, you can file your new I129f.

Make sure #3 knows all about 1 and 2 since they will question her about it at the interview and not be happy if she does not demonstrate that she already knows all about the priors.

Good luck to you.

Edited by Al422

Timeline

What?

Is Al422 correct? You have to first apply for the waiver before you can send the I-129F?

I thought you could just ask for it in a letter that is included along with the I-129F package sent.

Also, that you need another waiver for less then 2 years?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You send it in with your package. It is kind of a free form thing saying that because you exceed the allowed filings that you are requesting a waiver.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
What?

Is Al422 correct? You have to first apply for the waiver before you can send the I-129F?

I thought you could just ask for it in a letter that is included along with the I-129F package sent.

Also, that you need another waiver for less then 2 years?

If you read the I-129F instructions here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf page 2, section "Filing limitations on K nonimmigrant petitions" it says:

If you have filed two or more K1 visa petitions at any time in the past or previously had a K1 visa petition approved within two years prior to the filing of thie petition, you must apply for a waiver. To request a waiver you must submit a written request with this petition accompanied by documentation of your claim to the waiver

I don't know if that means you need two waivers but I doubt it. So you send the waiver WITH your petition. Figure that means you have to pay the fee of the waiver ($585) as well as the K1 fee ($340 - fees were changed Nov 23, 2010: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=5be73dc5cb93b210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=8a2f6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD ) at the same time and if your waiver isn't approved you lose both amounts.

The waiver form instructions are here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-601instr.pdf

Though you didn't ask - I don't know the success rates of waivers for this kind of thing. I don't know how well it will look that you filed ANOTHER K1 10 months after ending a relationship that was apparently serious enough that you filed a fiancee visa. I don't even know how long would be appropriate to wait... maybe there is no appropriate length... maybe the petition will be just fine and she'll face more scrutiny at the interview... who knows. They might deny the waiver and tell you to wait two years before re-filing. I wish you the best. You should know though that there is a limit to the number of K1's you're allowed to file. Even if this K1 petition is denied you still filed it and it still counts. I believe the limit is 4 K1's total... based on posts about a previous member (MCat for those wondering)... so maybe wait a little longer to be more sure?

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I believe the limit is 4 K1's total... based on posts about a previous member (MCat for those wondering)... so maybe wait a little longer to be more sure?

i'm with you on this.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't know if that means you need two waivers but I doubt it. So you send the waiver WITH your petition. Figure that means you have to pay the fee of the waiver ($585) as well as the K1 fee ($340 - fees were changed Nov 23, 2010: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=5be73dc5cb93b210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=8a2f6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD ) at the same time and if your waiver isn't approved you lose both amounts.

The waiver form instructions are here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-601instr.pdf

I-601 for this? Are you sure??

I think Nigeria or Bust's answer is what I've read around here for your situation. Maybe someone who knows for certain can set the record straight. It seems like there is some bad information being past in this thread.

It is funny how people want to find out all the detail and how I need to learn my lesson?

Well I provided more information that should be enough to give an appropriate answer, thanks.

I just would like to know how to complete a 3rd I-129F correctly.

The purpose of this site is to help couples(and others) complete the immigration process. Having a developed, healthy and happy relationship is a necessary part of that process to see it through to the end.

If you contiually filed paperwork incorrectly several times we would tell you to go back, take your time and do it right the first time. The same idea applies here.

Edited by amykathleen2005

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

If you contiually filed paperwork incorrectly several times we would tell you to go back, take your time and do it right the first time. The same idea applies here.

I think the OP wants to make sure he does the paperwork correctly so he doesn't have to be told to do it correctly after the fact. Makes sense, no?

It seems nobody knows the answer to his question but I have read from other peoples' experiences that they simply included a waiver letter (request) along with the I-129F packet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.