VeniyaAO

3rd I-129F app

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Speak of MCat and he just might reappear .... A guy with an interesting story! rofl.gif

K-1 / K-2 Timeline:
02/02/2010 - Sent I-129F
02/04/2010 - NOA1
05/06/2010 - NOA2
07/13/2010 - Consulate Interview - APPROVED
07/17/2010 - POE (JFK)

07/30/2010 - MARRIED!

AOS-EAD Timeline:
08/29/2010 - AOS-EAD sent
09/08/2010 - NOA1
09/17/2010 - Biometrics
11/06/2010 - EAD card received
11/08/2010 - AOS interview - GC's APPROVED
11/19/2010 - Green Cards Arrived

After two amazing years together....

ROC Timeline:
08/10/2012 - ROC sent
08/14/2012 - NOA1
08/27/2012 - Biometrics

05/01/2013 - ROC - APPROVED

05/06/2013 - Green Cards Arrived

Citizenship:

08/31/2013 - N-400 sent

09/04/2013 - NOA1

09/27/2013 - Biometrics

10/08/2013 - In-Line

11/13/2013 - Interview

12/13/2013 - Oath -- Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

K-1 / K-2 Timeline:
02/02/2010 - Sent I-129F
02/04/2010 - NOA1
05/06/2010 - NOA2
07/13/2010 - Consulate Interview - APPROVED
07/17/2010 - POE (JFK)

07/30/2010 - MARRIED!

AOS-EAD Timeline:
08/29/2010 - AOS-EAD sent
09/08/2010 - NOA1
09/17/2010 - Biometrics
11/06/2010 - EAD card received
11/08/2010 - AOS interview - GC's APPROVED
11/19/2010 - Green Cards Arrived

After two amazing years together....

ROC Timeline:
08/10/2012 - ROC sent
08/14/2012 - NOA1
08/27/2012 - Biometrics

05/01/2013 - ROC - APPROVED

05/06/2013 - Green Cards Arrived

Citizenship:

08/31/2013 - N-400 sent

09/04/2013 - NOA1

09/27/2013 - Biometrics

10/08/2013 - In-Line

11/13/2013 - Interview

12/13/2013 - Oath -- Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Who is MCAT and is he currently a member in this forum?

He was... but I'm not sure if he's still around. He certainly didn't ever read the forums (or comment in them), he just started his own threads. I'm not meaning to be rude by mentioning him, I only mentioned him about the limits because that was where I heard about the limits so before someone had a chance to ask me "where did you read that?" I said MCat's threads. He unfortunately didn't have much luck with K1's.. his last K1 was a big saga and we haven't heard from him in a while..

**Edit - So, turns out this is the rule:

NUMERICAL LIMIT: Under current USCIS reading of Section 832 of IMBRA , there is a numerical limitation to how K 1 Visas you can do freely without restriction, namely a "lifetime" limit of two (2) previously approved K-1 Visa petitions unless you can secure a Section 832 Waiver (or special exception) from Homeland Security.

So MCat must've had waivers approved for his last K1's. I wonder if there's a limit to the number of waivers then?? Oh well. Good luck OP :D

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Can you explain exactly what the waiver request is? Does the OP need to submit additional forms such as the aforementioned I-601?

If its not spelled out in the I601 instructions and its NOT and doesn't apply here as I601 is a hardship waiver for a different issue altogether, the waiver is a brief statement of explanation and a request on plain paper to include with the forms. I believe its similar to the waiver for I130 when a marriage takes place in proceedings and as the instructions say there and in the regulation its just asking for permission to file . simple Although it would be to petitioners benefit to spell out why the other two fell through

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would say he needs to find someone that truly loves him as opposed to just trying to find an internet wife. His last relationship ended in April and hes already Filing another app???

My Proposal to kristine!!! :)

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-25

I-129F RFE(s): NONE!!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-02

Interview Date : 2011-09-01

Interview Result : Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

More info:

Each woman was given approval to go to the interview but neither went to the interview.

The 1st 1-129F was filed on Feb. 13, 2003, the petition was returned to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services with a statement from the consular officer that the beneficiary was issued a fiance(e) visa based upon a different I-129F petition filed. I have the Notice of Automatic Termination dated March 3, 2005.

The 2nd was filed on March 18, 2010. It was automatically terminated officially on 12/7/2010 (the relationship ended back in April 2010). My fiance(e) requested the termination less then two months after the I-129F was mailed. She never gave me a reason for the cancellation. I have the Notice of Decision letter from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services which says the petitioner requested the withdrawal of the petition (even though it was my fiance(e) that requested the cancellation).

Count me in the group that says develop your relationship further. These women are flaking on you because they have doubts about you and whether they would be happy with their lives with you. Women are emotional creatures much more so than men. There is something missing for a woman, emotionally speaking, to get cold feet about coming here with you. We men often think we can "logic" women into wanting to be with us. Based on our statistics, our possessions, our logic, they *should* want to be with us. It would only be logical. Yeah. I used to think that way.

I sense in your responses an annoyance, a feeling that you just had some bad luck on 2 occasions in choosing the wrong woman to file a 129-F, and you just need help with the paperwork, and once you get the forms right this time, third time will be a charm. I say that if you want to have an amazing and loving relationship and marriage with a woman, the issues involved are much, much bigger than paperwork. They involve re-thinking how you interact with women and learning more about what they crave from men, emotionally speaking. You could be one of those "nice guy" types who gets taken advantage of and emotionally manipulated by women. The type of nice guy man I speak of has trouble setting boundaries and limits with women, worships the ground they walk on, tries hard to please women, but does so in a way that comes across as supplicating, and most women quickly lose respect and thus, attraction, for a man who behaves that way. They can't help themselves; they're wired that way.

The first fiance said "Yes" while crossing her fingers behind her back and whispering to herself, "I'll give him a chance to prove himself, until something better comes along", and, from her point of view, you didn't prove yourself, and something else did come along. The second fiance doesn't sound that much different; she lost interest shortly after accepting your proposal, and then could not bring herself to face you directly and tell you. You do get credit though, for getting three different women to accept your proposal, so you are doing *something* right up front.

It's not my intent to criticize you but only to point you in a direction of self-development to lead to happier relationships with women. I confess that once upon a time I was a "nice guy" who expected "logical" behavior from women. That didn't work so well for me. What have you learned and what will you do differently with this woman? And best of luck to you!!

Filed: Timeline

More info:

Each woman was given approval to go to the interview but neither went to the interview.

The 1st 1-129F was filed on Feb. 13, 2003, the petition was returned to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services with a statement from the consular officer that the beneficiary was issued a fiance(e) visa based upon a different I-129F petition filed. I have the Notice of Automatic Termination dated March 3, 2005.

The 2nd was filed on March 18, 2010. It was automatically terminated officially on 12/7/2010 (the relationship ended back in April 2010). My fiance(e) requested the termination less then two months after the I-129F was mailed. She never gave me a reason for the cancellation. I have the Notice of Decision letter from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services which says the petitioner requested the withdrawal of the petition (even though it was my fiance(e) that requested the cancellation).

Count me in the group that says develop your relationship further. These women are flaking on you because they have doubts about you and whether they would be happy with their lives with you. Women are emotional creatures much more so than men. There is something missing for a woman, emotionally speaking, to get cold feet about coming here with you. We men often think we can "logic" women into wanting to be with us. Based on our statistics, our possessions, our logic, they *should* want to be with us. It would only be logical. Yeah. I used to think that way.

I sense in your responses an annoyance, a feeling that you just had some bad luck on 2 occasions in choosing the wrong woman to file a 129-F, and you just need help with the paperwork, and once you get the forms right this time, third time will be a charm. I say that if you want to have an amazing and loving relationship and marriage with a woman, the issues involved are much, much bigger than paperwork. They involve re-thinking how you interact with women and learning more about what they crave from men, emotionally speaking. You could be one of those "nice guy" types who gets taken advantage of and emotionally manipulated by women. The type of nice guy man I speak of has trouble setting boundaries and limits with women, worships the ground they walk on, tries hard to please women, but does so in a way that comes across as supplicating, and most women quickly lose respect and thus, attraction, for a man who behaves that way. They can't help themselves; they're wired that way.

The first fiance said "Yes" while crossing her fingers behind her back and whispering to herself, "I'll give him a chance to prove himself, until something better comes along", and, from her point of view, you didn't prove yourself, and something else did come along. The second fiance doesn't sound that much different; she lost interest shortly after accepting your proposal, and then could not bring herself to face you directly and tell you. You do get credit though, for getting three different women to accept your proposal, so you are doing *something* right up front.

It's not my intent to criticize you but only to point you in a direction of self-development to lead to happier relationships with women. I confess that once upon a time I was a "nice guy" who expected "logical" behavior from women. That didn't work so well for me. What have you learned and what will you do differently with this woman? And best of luck to you!!

im with you :thumbs: :thumbs: definitely true

Edited by acrossthemiles

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You could be one of those "nice guy" types who gets taken advantage of and emotionally manipulated by women. The type of nice guy man I speak of has trouble setting boundaries and limits with women, worships the ground they walk on, tries hard to please women, but does so in a way that comes across as supplicating, and most women quickly lose respect and thus, attraction, for a man who behaves that way. They can't help themselves; they're wired that way.

This is especially true of women from former Soviet Union countries. I found this out the hard way through several failed relationships. A Russian woman on another messaging board who has been happily married to an American man now for several years pointed this out to me. I once had some private conversations with her about one specific relationship I was trying to save with a tough as nails (yet drop dead gorgeous) Russian business woman. Each time this married woman advised me to stand my ground and insist on what I wanted. Each time, I was sure it would be a turn off to this business woman, but I trusted the married woman's instinct, since for her it was all "been there and done that". And she was right each time, as the business woman responded positively to me. The phrase the married one used with me over and over again was "Stop being so damn American".

Ultimately the relationship failed, but that was over something I had no control over, namely a perception by the business woman that I had a Wall Street level of income. I do make good money even though I was only Assistant Vice President back then and not full Vice President as I am now, but still not exactly Wall Street level, as even our company CEO doesn't make Wall Street money.

Try it the next tine you are there. Remember the words that got me where I am now with my present SO: "Stop being so damn American".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

This is especially true of women from former Soviet Union countries. I found this out the hard way through several failed relationships. A Russian woman on another messaging board who has been happily married to an American man now for several years pointed this out to me. I once had some private conversations with her about one specific relationship I was trying to save with a tough as nails (yet drop dead gorgeous) Russian business woman. Each time this married woman advised me to stand my ground and insist on what I wanted. Each time, I was sure it would be a turn off to this business woman, but I trusted the married woman's instinct, since for her it was all "been there and done that". And she was right each time, as the business woman responded positively to me. The phrase the married one used with me over and over again was "Stop being so damn American".

Ultimately the relationship failed, but that was over something I had no control over, namely a perception by the business woman that I had a Wall Street level of income. I do make good money even though I was only Assistant Vice President back then and not full Vice President as I am now, but still not exactly Wall Street level, as even our company CEO doesn't make Wall Street money.

Try it the next tine you are there. Remember the words that got me where I am now with my present SO: "Stop being so damn American".

Very interesting. Thank you for that tidbit on FSU women! I recall there was a point, after becoming engaged and returning to the USA, where I had to lay things on the line for my FSU girl. The issues largely involved who will lead and who will follow, expressed in several silly little squabbles like who should work around whose schedule to arrange our phone calls, given a 10 hour time zone difference. I was willing to calmly walk away if needed, from the already sizeable investment. Far better to have things end at that early stage, rather than end up in a huge, and much more expensive, family court mess in the USA in 5 years. My girl is a very, very strong woman herself, which is what I wanted, and I suspect she needed to test my resolve, not even consciously, before she felt she could entrust me with the life and future of her and her daughter. Oh, and the truth of the matter is that my life revolves around my duties and responsibilities as a man FIRST, to my employer, my home and financial responsibilities, and my children, but there is room for negotiation to increasingly prioritize time for communicating with her, as she increasingly becomes part of my life and plans. A woman loses respect (and loses sexual interest as well) for a man whose life revolves around only HER. Too many American men get unknowingly "feminized" by circumstances in this country that would take much too long to discuss here, but include excessive political correctness influences from feminized public schools, and/or being raised by single mothers, without enough healthy and positive male role models in their environment.

If she cared so much about your money, then definitely the wrong woman anyway! My take is she was preoccupied with using you to bolster her social status and less so in building a great relationship. Imagine if you'd wound up in family court with her going after your assets... I say you dodged a bullet on that one, brother!

If you read the I-129F instructions here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf page 2, section "Filing limitations on K nonimmigrant petitions" it says:

I don't know if that means you need two waivers but I doubt it. So you send the waiver WITH your petition. Figure that means you have to pay the fee of the waiver ($585) as well as the K1 fee ($340 - fees were changed Nov 23, 2010: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=5be73dc5cb93b210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=8a2f6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD ) at the same time and if your waiver isn't approved you lose both amounts.

The waiver form instructions are here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-601instr.pdf

Though you didn't ask - I don't know the success rates of waivers for this kind of thing. I don't know how well it will look that you filed ANOTHER K1 10 months after ending a relationship that was apparently serious enough that you filed a fiancee visa. I don't even know how long would be appropriate to wait... maybe there is no appropriate length... maybe the petition will be just fine and she'll face more scrutiny at the interview... who knows. They might deny the waiver and tell you to wait two years before re-filing. I wish you the best. You should know though that there is a limit to the number of K1's you're allowed to file. Even if this K1 petition is denied you still filed it and it still counts. I believe the limit is 4 K1's total... based on posts about a previous member (MCat for those wondering)... so maybe wait a little longer to be more sure?

my fiance also enclosed an IMBRA letter bcoz its my fiance 2nd petition for me, but its her 3rd k1 petition bcoz he also petitioned her X-wife as k1 13-yrs. ago i think... but we didnt enclose a fee for the waiver..? just confused... so claiming this waiver has a fee...????

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Timeline

Where is it written that a person needs waivers for less then 2 years since last I129F filed?

and

that you need a waiver to file more then two I-129F's?

In the instructions for the I-129f.

You ask for the waiver WITH the filing. Get your I-129f ready. Write a letter explainging the circumstances of the previous petitions, attach COPIES of the documents you have and send it with the petition. Th eletter should end with "I hereby request a waiver for multiple petitions" There would be no reason for your petition to be denied. The waivers are NOT automatic, but in your case there is no reason not to grant it. Had the other two women got visas, arrived and disappeared, that would be another matter. That they never got a visa, there was no marriage, there was no US entry, it should not be a problem.

If the waiver is not granted you will be denied and you will not get your money back.

There MUST be a new petition or you cannot ask for a waiver. Waiver for what?

USCIS makes no decisions regarding the legitimacy or potential success of a marriage at the petition stage. If you meet the qualifications (and nothing you said would indicate you don't) then your petition will be approved.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

The waiver requests do not apply at all to petitioners for a K nonimmigrant visa for an alien spouse (K-3)

That makes me wonder.

How long does it take to get a K-3 visa approved in comparison to this fiance(e) K-1

Maybe I should marry her in her country (Colombia)

Then apply for a K-3 Visa?

Also, there is talk here about a possible limit of 4 I-129F petitions. Therefore, lets say you reached that limit. You could still get your fiance(e) to the USA via a K-3 visa?

Now please do not go into relationship advice again, I am just trying to learn what is possible.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The waiver requests do not apply at all to petitioners for a K nonimmigrant visa for an alien spouse (K-3)

That makes me wonder.

How long does it take to get a K-3 visa approved in comparison to this fiance(e) K-1

Maybe I should marry her in her country (Colombia)

Then apply for a K-3 Visa?

Also, there is talk here about a possible limit of 4 I-129F petitions. Therefore, lets say you reached that limit. You could still get your fiance(e) to the USA via a K-3 visa?

Now please do not go into relationship advice again, I am just trying to learn what is possible.

No relationship advice this time, since you made it clear that you do not want any.

If you marry outside of the U.S., you can do a K-3 and not worry about getting the waiver. There are some small differences, such as you will not have to worry about AOS with the K-3, but on the other hand, she will not be able to postpone her vaccines until the AOS since there will be no AOS, so she will need them before entering the U.S.

The big difference is if she backs down, because now you can't just withdraw your petition. Now you also have to divorce her in her own country by her country's rules.

So if you are confident it will work, maybe consider a K-3. Just make pretty darned sure that it will work.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.