peejay

More than a million (illegal) immigrants land U.S. jobs

206 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

How can you punish anyone when there is no mandatory system in place for vetting current and future employees?

I could give a sh*t what so and so has or hasn't done in the past. That doesn't cut it in my book. That was then and this is now. This has been promised since the first illegal alien amnesty in 1986 and since then there has been nothing but lies and excuses. If the frigging government can figure out how much tax I owe every year they can damned sure come up with a system to determine who is or is not authorized to work. It just takes some testicles to get it going. We know there are hundreds of illegal aliens working off of one legit Social Security number and many working off of 000-00-000. Grow some testicles to do something about it.

All I hear is a bunch of whining and backpeddling from the usual suspects about why we can't do it. Boloney! Sh*t or get off the pot. If Obama and his band of merry clowns can't figure out how to do it I'm sure his replacement can. He is ultimately accountable to the American people rather than his Undocumented Democrats he so loves and protects. Obama is replaceable. Make no mistake about that.

That is the bottom line if you really want to get something done. The question is whether enough Americans are on board. With an anemic economy and a a labor glut I see no reason why any patriotic American would want to screw over our own people in favor of illegal aliens. Unfortunately, apparently there are. I see them on VJ every day.

PeeJay, there is NO QUESTION the government knows how to fix the problem. They could implement an instant background check (e-verify) for every employee. They can do it if you want to buy a gun but can't if you want a job? Of course they CAN, they DO NOT WANT TO. They COULD fix it by week's end. They WILL not.

It is not about growing testicles, it is about having a political desire to do so. There is none. Obama has none and neither will his successor.

If they want you to by a house they can find a tax credit it for it. Or to buy a car...cash for clunkers. Works evey time it is tried. Sales, coupons, late fees, rebates, ALL are economic incentives and all are proven to drive what you want to receive. ECONOMIC incentives drive people. It is what drives illegals to be here. But when it comes to illegals, neither of the parties can remember how they did that for other things and they build fences instead. A monument to stupidity...or a diversion. Bubble gum for a certain portion of the electorate to chew on. The others chew on "amnesty" Illegal immigration, human trafficking for the profit of business and politicians, continues merrily along.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

How can you punish anyone when there is no mandatory system in place for vetting current and future employees?

I could give a sh*t what so and so has or hasn't done in the past. That doesn't cut it in my book. That was then and this is now. This has been promised since the first illegal alien amnesty in 1986 and since then there has been nothing but lies and excuses. If the frigging government can figure out how much tax I owe every year they can damned sure come up with a system to determine who is or is not authorized to work. It just takes some testicles to get it going. We know there are hundreds of illegal aliens working off of one legit Social Security number and many working off of 000-00-000. Grow some testicles to do something about it.

All I hear is a bunch of whining and backpeddling from the usual suspects about why we can't do it. Boloney! Sh*t or get off the pot. If Obama and his band of merry clowns can't figure out how to do it I'm sure his replacement can. He is ultimately accountable to the American people rather than his Undocumented Democrats he so loves and protects. Obama is replaceable. Make no mistake about that.

That is the bottom line if you really want to get something done. The question is whether enough Americans are on board. With an anemic economy and a a labor glut I see no reason why any patriotic American would want to screw over our own people in favor of illegal aliens. Unfortunately, apparently there are. I see them on VJ every day.

You blame Obama. Do you apportion blame also to gwb since he held the office 8 years and had the house and senate majorities needed to pass any repub legislation they actually wanted? And which replacement are you so sure about?

Wanting to favor american workers in the end comes down to whether you will choose to pay more for american made products. Ending illegals being allowed to work here could drive some industries completely south of the border, especially some agricultural jobs. I always try to buy american but it is not often easy. Shopping at wallyworld in particular does not support american jobs. But so many people choose the cheapest product that retailers often feel they have no choice but to carry products that do not reflect american labor.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

It is not about growing testicles, it is about having a political desire to do so. There is none. Obama has none and neither will his successor.

You are not as optimistic as I am nor do you have any faith in the American people. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Root hog or die.

Edited by peejay

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

You blame Obama. Do you apportion blame also to gwb since he held the office 8 years and had the house and senate majorities needed to pass any repub legislation they actually wanted? And which replacement are you so sure about?

Wanting to favor american workers in the end comes down to whether you will choose to pay more for american made products. Ending illegals being allowed to work here could drive some industries completely south of the border, especially some agricultural jobs. I always try to buy american but it is not often easy. Shopping at wallyworld in particular does not support american jobs. But so many people choose the cheapest product that retailers often feel they have no choice but to carry products that do not reflect american labor.

When it comes to amnesty for illegal aliens, BushBaby is just as much to blame as Obama.

But the public is being heard by the States. That's why so many are introducing legislation to tackle the problem. With luck, either this administration or the next will finally understand the will of the majority of the people and enforce the law. we can but hope it's sooner rather than later.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I thought they came here to be free and to be able to vote and follow the catholic religion and to have free speech and to have representation along with taxation and for the government to change without violence - things that no other country in the world has.

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

I thought they came here to be free and to be able to vote and follow the catholic religion and to have free speech and to have representation along with taxation and for the government to change without violence - things that no other country in the world has.

One thing you didn't mention that at least some of them ARE coming here for that should have relevance for many on this forum, GUNS!! These illegals do go back on their own so maybe that doesn't count. Just thought i'd throw that in there. It would be interesting to hear the perspective of people living south of the border on some of these issues. Not that they should have any direct say in how we run things here but knowing their opinion would be interesting nonetheless!

Filed: Other Timeline

The concept of marriage is inconsistent with the concept of 'getting laid on a regular basis'

Ask any guy who has been married say 14 years or much less in many cases. There are a small number of exceptions and denial cases. The shop gets shut up well before that. So punishment for immigration based on these motives is built in and assured - and not by the government.

My first brother in law was fat and bald at 22 so we classic models do not necessarily have those attributes. Come to think of it, the Arizona shooter was fat and bald and 22. Jesus would have been fat and bald and old if his dad hadn't ordered him to be crucified - which apparently is a more acceptable fate in the eyes of the temporarily young and hirsute.

Alan, you know I'm with you on so many issues and I actually think you are brilliant and more often than not right on the money, . . . but . . . here I think that even though your basic premise is correct, you are interpreting it incorrectly nonetheless.

Bald fat guy imports hot young chick from Thailand or the Philippines. He gets laid at least until she can remove conditions. Even if the well dries out by then, the hot chick's parents and her child can start packing their bags and prepare for the journey to the New World. Five years after their arrival, her parents petition for the hot chick's seven siblings. Another five years later those kids petition for a spouse.

This way one hot chick gets 17 foreigners into the country in a relatively short time. Now half of those get divorced and petition again for spouses and family members and the small snowball becomes an avalanche. The avalanche stated because one old, fat and bald guy wanted to get laid and no American girl would give him the time of the day. The hot, young chick however bites her tongue and thinks of better times ahead while he's . . . uhhh . . . "doing" her. So here immigration law serves the US citizen, but at a high price for the American public.

Edited by Just Bob

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

Alan, you know I'm with you on so many issues and I actually think you are brilliant and more often than not right on the money, . . . but . . . here I think that even though your basic premise is correct, you are interpreting it incorrectly nonetheless.

Bald fat guy imports hot young chick from Thailand or the Philippines. He gets laid at least until she can remove conditions. Even if the well dries out by then, the hot chick's parents and her child can start packing their bags and prepare for the journey to the New World. Five years after their arrival, her parents petition for the hot chick's seven siblings. Another five years later those kids petition for a spouse.

This way one hot chick gets 17 foreigners into the country in a relatively short time. Now half of those get divorced and petition again for spouses and family members and the small snowball becomes an avalanche. The avalanche stated because one old, fat and bald guy wanted to get laid and no American girl would give him the time of the day. The hot, young chick however bites her tongue and thinks of better times ahead while he's . . . uhhh . . . "doing" her. So here immigration law serves the US citizen, but at a high price for the American public.

:wow: So it is OK if the hottie is from a 'white' country? Or is it that so-called old, fat, bald guys don't deserve what you do? What criteria do you suggest is appropriate for deciding who exacts too high a price as you say for the American public? Is the pot calling the kettle black here?

Filed: Other Timeline

:wow: So it is OK if the hottie is from a 'white' country? Or is it that so-called old, fat, bald guys don't deserve what you do? What criteria do you suggest is appropriate for deciding who exacts too high a price as you say for the American public? Is the pot calling the kettle black here?

Nope.

I just used the example because it fits so aptly. White guys, black guys, American guys, European guys . . . when it comes to sex tourism, they are all heading to Bangkok. Do you think a high class call girl from Stockholm, London, Paris, or Rome would marry a fat white--or black--American for a Green Card? Very unlikely, because the differential in the standard of life is too insignificant.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

And therin lies the other problem. Americans want illegal aliens to provide cheap lettuce and roof jobs. cheap landscaping. cheap nannies, cheap Chinese buffets. Americans want higher minimum wages and mandated benefits, but then buy their products from somewhere else. Everyone has a stake and a benefit from illegals being exploited for $$$.

GWB is as much to blame as Obama. But so is the legislature of Arizona who goes to all the trouble to make an ineffective anti-illegal alien law, when they could have applied a TAX to anyone that hired an illegal. Even when they make an attempt to pretend that tthey will punish employers, they make a law to revoke business licenses of anyone that hires illegals. Great idea, right? Wrong. It requires "due process", hearings, court cases for each license to be revoked. Who pays for that? Who has time for that? TAXES, TAXES, TAXES are the answer. No due process required. Property can be confiscated to pay taxes. Taxes are wonderful incentives or dis-incentives. Heck, you could even give tax REBATES and CREDITS for proving that ALL their employees were legal, with an e-verify code or number, the same way you get an approval code when you buy a gun and go through the instant background check. Subject them to LOSING a huge tax incentive if they hired illegals.

NO ONE that has anything to do with the powers that could end the problem WANTS to end the problem. Not Obama, not GWB not Reagan. The money spent to fight the problem is government budget, more government jobs, more government power to dole out the money to the vendors and contractors who contribute to campaigns, more cheap workers for their small business constituents, more dependent people for their social welfare programs. Who do you EXPECT to do anything about this? Maybe the Republican woman that ran for Governor of Californa? :lol:

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Nope.

I just used the example because it fits so aptly. White guys, black guys, American guys, European guys . . . when it comes to sex tourism, they are all heading to Bangkok. Do you think a high class call girl from Stockholm, London, Paris, or Rome would marry a fat white--or black--American for a Green Card? Very unlikely, because the differential in the standard of life is too insignificant.

Mrs Tiger Woods springs to mind - but she hoofed it back to the Baltic once she got his share of the wad - but his dosh and fame wasn't the attraction for her in the first place, it was....... errrrr

However the point is well taken.

If I lived in some of those countries I would let Woody Allen marry me to get out - even if I was a geezer.

Course I would tell him it was so I could have free speech and vote for Sharon Angle and carry a gun which had always been my dream and that Woody was the most attractive man in the developed world - and he would believe me too.

To these men I would say savor the moment and live the fantasy because reality will come knocking soon enough and one day we all pay for everything

moresheep400100.jpg

Nope.

What about fat European guys?

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

One thing that is consistent here is that the conversation about illegal alines is not about illegals or aliens. Anything to deflect from the issue that no one wants to deal with.

PeeJay, sorry but I am not optimistic or pessimistic. I am realistic. We have seen the government apply taxes and tax incentives or disincentives to everything from buying houses, to cars, to caulking your home, tax breaks for new windows and furnaces, tax penalties for smoking, driving too much, tax credits for hybrid cars, tax penalties for "sugary drinks"...but OOPs, we just have NO IDEA what to do about illegal aliens and the people that employ them. Could anyone tell me? What can we do? How can we address it?

Gary And Alla