peejay

More than a million (illegal) immigrants land U.S. jobs

206 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Does your sarcasm imply that you have no attachment to your parents? Geez, I am sorry for your sad childhood...

What's the matter Alan? Can't live without mommy to tuck you in every night or kiss you on the cheek every morning when you leave the house? Isn't that kind of attachment a bit abnormal for a grown man?

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Sorry for your loss, Alan.

PJ, you sound more like a tool with every post. I would quit while you can still imagine you are ahead.

Edited by TigerTeddyBear

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

They sure would fit in a lot better with some people on here! And the best part is they would be natural right wingers! :thumbs:

I know how to confuse a right winger.

Force them to chose between 2 immigrants

A White, retired, 3 pensions, plenty of cash, does not require an American job. Totally law abiding and pays his taxes correctly to the cent. He will spend possibly millions into the US economy asking for nothing in return. No social security - no Medicare. A member of a gun club

B A Mexican illegal with no car insurance or license

You think you know the answer ?

Now add the following - applicant A is highly critical of politicians, and some aspects of the culture, both in his home country and, more importantly, the USA ! An atheist.

Applicant B by contrast LOVES the USA in all it's aspects and falls on the sand and kisses it and wants to be a part of it forever. A committed Christian.

The furrowed brows that results from putting this choice to a right winger is the favorite tactic of botox salesmen

Edited by Alan the Red

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I know how to confuse a right winger.

Force them to chose between 2 immigrants

A White, retired, 3 pensions, plenty of cash, does not require an American job. Totally law abiding and pays his taxes correctly to the cent. He will spend possibly millions into the US economy asking for nothing in return. No social security - no Medicare. A member of a gun club

B A Mexican illegal with no car insurance or license

You think you know the answer ?

Now add the following - applicant A is highly critical of politicians, and some aspects of the culture, both in his home country and, more importantly, the USA ! An atheist.

Applicant B by contrast LOVES the USA in all it's aspects and falls on the sand and kisses it and wants to be a part of it forever. A committed Christian.

The furrowed brows that results from putting this choice to a right winger is the favorite tactic of botox salesmen

Alan, you know all the right wingers love you :wub:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Timeline

So...immigration is all about saving and rescuing the world? How many poor people are you going to house and feed at your place? Come on now...give till it hurts.

What right do you have to live in the good ol' USA other than you were born here? Does that mean God put better people north of the border than Heshe did south of it?

The US had virtually no immigration policy until 1875 and an open policy with all nations until country of origin quotas were first established in 1965.

The concept of marriage is inconsistent with the concept of 'getting laid on a regular basis'

Ask any guy who has been married say 14 years or much less in many cases. There are a small number of exceptions and denial cases. The shop gets shut up well before that. So punishment for immigration based on these motives is built in and assured - and not by the government.

My first brother in law was fat and bald at 22 so we classic models do not necessarily have those attributes. Come to think of it, the Arizona shooter was fat and bald and 22. Jesus would have been fat and bald and old if his dad hadn't ordered him to be crucified - which apparently is a more acceptable fate in the eyes of the temporarily young and hirsute.

It doesn't really matter about the longevity of the regular sex, since after three years the immigrant doesn't need the sponsoring spouse any longer, freeing the older, fatter, and balder man to trade up to an even younger model with all the upgrades.

Timeline

Alan, you know all the right wingers love you :wub:

The essence of being right wing is it's simplicity and purity and truth. That is so attractive as it means the person can let their mind go back to sleep and it will stop hurting and they have the kit that will see them through life with total certainty. It is very akin to religion hence the neo-con phenomenon. Left wingism is confused and gray and uncertain and trying to find a better way forward.

Unfortunately the certainty is also right wingism's downfall as it can be de-railed by introducing a mix of it's own mantras and re-confusing them. They are 'hoist by their own petard' in medieval speak.

It's not a new tactic. In Borat he has em all cheering for 'we should wipe out these Iraqis who fight against the US' - then he says "Yes, we should crush them and squash them (more applause) - and eat their children". The applause slowly dies down.

Taking a right winger right along to the end of the path they are advocating is better than pressing an alternative - that way they will find their own way back to the path

In an ideal world, do they really want their nine year old to go to school with a 357 magnum in a small shoulder holster under their school shirt ? If not, is there another way ?

Furrowed brows all round

It's the same with immigration - show them an immigrant with no legs who lost them fighting with the US Marines and then say "should this guy be denied XYZ immigration benefits ? " Suddenly it's a different story from 'shoot em on the fence' and they start formulating exceptions. Keep prodding em along until the exceptions match what is sensible anyway.

Remember that right wingism is basically lazy at it's core - and so give them a path to become un-confused and lazy again - and they will take it.

Edited by Alan the Red

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Does your sarcasm imply that you have no attachment to your parents? Geez, I am sorry for your sad childhood...

Geez...you people! Making a frigging mountain out of a mole hill. It was to make a point. Which is......if someone cannot live without daily personal contact with their extended relatives...maybe they would be better suited to stay where that is possible.

For me frequent phone calls and occasional visits were sufficient to stay in touch, but there are some that cannot leave their childhood behind and move on with their lives. La-dee-dah!

Not exactly a good reason for chain migration policies.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Remember that right wingism is basically lazy at it's core - and so give them a path to become un-confused and lazy again - and they will take it.

Not lazy: Efficient, as opposed to all that energy wasting gymnastics your average gender-race-ethically-religious-and-neutered liberal has to go through just to order a beverage.

Timeline

The essence of being right wing is it's simplicity and purity and truth. That is so attractive as it means the person can let their mind go back to sleep and it will stop hurting and they have the kit that will see them through life with total certainty. It is very akin to religion hence the neo-con phenomenon. Left wingism is confused and gray and uncertain and trying to find a better way forward.

Unfortunately the certainty is also right wingism's downfall as it can be de-railed by introducing a mix of it's own mantras and re-confusing them. They are 'hoist by their own petard' in medieval speak.

It's not a new tactic. In Borat he has em all cheering for 'we should wipe out these Iraqis who fight against the US' - then he says "Yes, we should crush them and squash them (more applause) - and eat their children". The applause slowly dies down.

Taking a right winger right along to the end of the path they are advocating is better than pressing an alternative - that way they will find their own way back to the path

In an ideal world, do they really want their nine year old to go to school with a 357 magnum in a small shoulder holster under their school shirt ? If not, is there another way ?

Furrowed brows all round

It's the same with immigration - show them an immigrant with no legs who lost them fighting with the US Marines and then say "should this guy be denied XYZ immigration benefits ? " Suddenly it's a different story from 'shoot em on the fence' and they start formulating exceptions. Keep prodding em along until the exceptions match what is sensible anyway.

Thing is, you're a fool for thinking this is a partisan issue. It's not and never has been. It's a Washington versus the majority of the electorate issue. Left and Right in Washington want no part of enforcing the laws we have on the books, whereas a sizeable majority of the American people want those laws enforced.

At a State level, this is becoming evident. There are now some 13 States with proposed new legislation in the works and more are looking to follow them. It needs to register in Washington that, Democrat or Republican, the country wants the laws enforced at a Federal level, or for the Feds to leave the States alone to enforce those same laws.

And to answer your question, in Washington, both left and right would welcome the illegal with open arms, just for very different reasons.

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

Geez...you people! Making a frigging mountain out of a mole hill. It was to make a point. Which is......if someone cannot live without daily personal contact with their extended relatives...maybe they would be better suited to stay where that is possible.

For me frequent phone calls and occasional visits were sufficient to stay in touch, but there are some that cannot leave their childhood behind and move on with their lives. La-dee-dah!

Not exactly a good reason for chain migration policies.

I left home in July 1969 to get married and I was on honeymoon during the moon landings. I never went back to live with my parents after that. When I was 22 I was a Police Officer working shifts 10 days on and one day off, a householder and a father. When I was 36, my wife threw me out for an 18 year old boy who lived with his parents and I ended up in a Pakistani run dirty, wet bed-sit in Bradford in mid winter. I didn't go back to my parents. This is about 20% of what I have taken on the chin in my life and I never went back to my parents.

You should chose your targets with more care.

moresheep400100.jpg

The USCIS should establish that the would-be immigrant has low regard for his family and has few friends, before approving the application. Only people who think like that and have no social instincts or loyalties, are suitable for integration into US society.

Chain immigration20px-Wiki_letter_w_cropped.svg.pngThis section requires expansion.According to demographer Jeffery Passel of the Pew Hispanic Center, the flow of Mexicans to the U. S. has produced a "network effect" - furthering immigration as Mexicans moved to join relatives already in the U.S.[33] The Pew Hispanic Center describes that the recent dramatic increase in the population of illegal immigrants has sparked more illegal immigrants to cross borders. Once the extended families of illegal immigrants cross national borders, they create a “network effect” by building large communities.[33][neutrality is disputed]

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

Thing is, you're a fool for thinking this is a partisan issue. It's not and never has been. It's a Washington versus the majority of the electorate issue. Left and Right in Washington want no part of enforcing the laws we have on the books, whereas a sizeable majority of the American people want those laws enforced.

At a State level, this is becoming evident. There are now some 13 States with proposed new legislation in the works and more are looking to follow them. It needs to register in Washington that, Democrat or Republican, the country wants the laws enforced at a Federal level, or for the Feds to leave the States alone to enforce those same laws.

And to answer your question, in Washington, both left and right would welcome the illegal with open arms, just for very different reasons.

Ancient Chinese saying 'Person who call unknown person a fool instead of just posing counter argument - is a bigger fool'.

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Ancient Chinese saying 'Person who call unknown person a fool instead of just posing counter argument - is a bigger fool'.

Olde English saying, "Person who quotes Chinese saying as a rebuttal has nothing else to argue with.'

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

Chain immigration20px-Wiki_letter_w_cropped.svg.pngThis section requires expansion.According to demographer Jeffery Passel of the Pew Hispanic Center, the flow of Mexicans to the U. S. has produced a "network effect" - furthering immigration as Mexicans moved to join relatives already in the U.S.[33] The Pew Hispanic Center describes that the recent dramatic increase in the population of illegal immigrants has sparked more illegal immigrants to cross borders. Once the extended families of illegal immigrants cross national borders, they create a “network effect” by building large communities.[33][neutrality is disputed]

The Cherokee had a conference on the 4th July 1610 and came to the same conclusion - so it has merit

moresheep400100.jpg