peejay

More than a million (illegal) immigrants land U.S. jobs

206 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

So who was president the last time there was an 'amnesty'?

Bill Clinton

The Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA) Amnesty of 1986 - the "one-time only" blanket amnesty for some 2.8 million illegal aliens.

Section 245(i) The Amnesty of 1994 - a temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens.

Section 245(i) The Extension Amnesty of 1997 - an extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994.

The Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty of 1997 - an amnesty for nearly one million illegal aliens from Central America.

The Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA) of 1998 - an amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti.

The Late Amnesty of 2000 - an amnesty for approximately 400,000 illegal aliens who claimed they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty.

The LIFE Act Amnesty of 2000 - a reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty to an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens.

Edited by peejay

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Bill Clinton

The Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA) Amnesty of 1986 - the "one-time only" blanket amnesty for some 2.8 million illegal aliens.

Section 245(i) The Amnesty of 1994 - a temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens.

Section 245(i) The Extension Amnesty of 1997 - an extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994.

The Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty of 1997 - an amnesty for nearly one million illegal aliens from Central America.

The Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA) of 1998 - an amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti.

The Late Amnesty of 2000 - an amnesty for approximately 400,000 illegal aliens who claimed they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty.

The LIFE Act Amnesty of 2000 - a reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty to an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens.

245(i) and the LIFE Act are NOT amnesty. Those acts are waivers designed to help out-of-status immigrants who already had an approved I-130 on file with USCIS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

A good way to increase the amount of deportations would be to create a special fund to finance extra ICE officers and this would be by voluntary public subscription

The fund would be open ended so that many tens of thousands of extra officers could be recruited

This proposal would have two welcome outcomes

1 Huge number of illegals would be deported

2 Ninety nine percent of contributors to the fund would be tea party/republicans thereby wiping out their capacity to finance the Republican party

Thus both political parties would have something to celebrate

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Alan - that's kinda cool - I like that, sincerely !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

245(i) and the LIFE Act are NOT amnesty. Those acts are waivers designed to help out-of-status immigrants who already had an approved I-130 on file with USCIS.

You will have to split hairs with someone that argue the fine points of immigration law. It has generally been listed on the web that there have been 7 illegal alien amnesties (including the one you dispute). Six or seven? That is six or seven too many. There should have been none. The first amnesty in 1986 set the low bar for a precedent. Fence jumpers, river swimmers, visa overstayers, and perpetrators of various frauds transformed into permanent residents and US citizens. That is pretty pathetic. Like I said...the standards have been pushed into toilet territory and remained there. Amnesties have never deterred illegal immigration and are nothing more than a carrot on a stick for more of the same. Rewards for illegality and corruption. Nothing to be proud of IMO.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am with Charles. Way too vague. How can illegal Hispanics be a major part of Obama's voting base? This is just dangerous rhetoric. It confuses the majority of Americans who have no clue what immigration even is. This is just irresponsible, meaningless jibberish.

There is plenty to say about the abuse and exploitatin of illegals for profit without confusing legal immigrants in the mix.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

Video Shows Women Climbing U.S.-Mexico Border Fence in Less Than 18 Seconds

Less than 18 seconds. That's how long it took two young women to climb a U.S.-Mexico border fence that costs millions of dollars in taxpayer money.

In a video shot by filmmaker Roy Germano, two women show how easy it is to reach the top by climbing the fence's concrete-filled steel pipes in less than 18 seconds, MyFoxHouston.com reports.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/international/110117-2-girls-quickly-conquer-border-fence

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Reagan. Big surprise. The Republicans WANT the illegals here just as much as the Democrats do. Amensty is just a conscription of new slaves.

Illegals are hired to circumvent wage and labor laws. Period. they are not hired because the are the world's best roofers. They work cheap, no payroll tax, no benefits, no safety hassels, yada, yada. They are unprotected, underpaid, abused, crammed into horrible living quarters, have no medical insurance...shall I go on?

They allow lots of things, politically, and so they are needed by both parties. Republicans wnat them to circumvent costly wage and labor laws. Republican small business owners exploit them for profit. Democrats hope they will be able to vote for them, or at least their legal relatives will.

Amnesty? What happens? These largely untrained, uneducated, non-English speaking workers were hired, remember, because they were cheap. Make them legal and they are no longer cheap. One day they are working illegally, the next they are laid off. No need for them anymore. Their employers have no intention of paying taxes and benefits and workplace safety procedures. Forget it! Lay off the (now) legal immigrants and hire some of the NEW illegals (slaves) that pour across to tae their place. The (now) legal immigrants can apply for benefits and become dependent on the government (Democrats) and become, eventually, a loyal vote for Dems.

Many of us here have experienced the difficulty that knowledgeable, educated LEGAL immigrants can have in finding jobs. What do you think happens when an illegal becomes legal and barely speaks English?

The entire thing is an INDUSTRY that is WANTED by both political parties.

Only one thing will stop it. They KNOW what to do (they do it all the time to get us to buy houses or cars) Apply SEVERE tax penalties to any employer that hires an illegal alien. Hiring an illegal MUST be seen and considered a losing proposition. The penalty MUST outweigh the benefit. The jobs will vanish. The illegals will vanish.

Both parties KNOW how to use tax incentives to get what they want, to manipulate society. Yet the get this giant brain fart when it comes to illegal aliens. Strange?

It really IS that simple.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Reagan. Big surprise. The Republicans WANT the illegals here just as much as the Democrats do. Amensty is just a conscription of new slaves.

They passed the amnesty in 1986 not knowing there would be steady stream of illegals 25 years later. Mass Mexican illegal immigration only began in 1982 when the Mexican economy dropped like a stone when oil prices went down.

The GOP could get all cheap labor with unskilled work visas but they wouldn't leave and this country really doesn't need more unskilled labor with almost 10% unemployed.

The Dems on the other hand don't need all of them to get jobs as their votes could be secured with some handouts to the new citizens.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

:thumbs:

Illegals are hired to circumvent wage and labor laws. Period. they are not hired because the are the world's best roofers. They work cheap, no payroll tax, no benefits, no safety hassels, yada, yada. They are unprotected, underpaid, abused, crammed into horrible living quarters, have no medical insurance...shall I go on?

They allow lots of things, politically, and so they are needed by both parties. Republicans wnat them to circumvent costly wage and labor laws. Republican small business owners exploit them for profit. Democrats hope they will be able to vote for them, or at least their legal relatives will.

Amnesty? What happens? These largely untrained, uneducated, non-English speaking workers were hired, remember, because they were cheap. Make them legal and they are no longer cheap. One day they are working illegally, the next they are laid off. No need for them anymore. Their employers have no intention of paying taxes and benefits and workplace safety procedures. Forget it! Lay off the (now) legal immigrants and hire some of the NEW illegals (slaves) that pour across to tae their place. The (now) legal immigrants can apply for benefits and become dependent on the government (Democrats) and become, eventually, a loyal vote for Dems.

Many of us here have experienced the difficulty that knowledgeable, educated LEGAL immigrants can have in finding jobs. What do you think happens when an illegal becomes legal and barely speaks English?

Only one thing will stop it. They KNOW what to do (they do it all the time to get us to buy houses or cars) Apply SEVERE tax penalties to any employer that hires an illegal alien. Hiring an illegal MUST be seen and considered a losing proposition. The penalty MUST outweigh the benefit. The jobs will vanish. The illegals will vanish.

Both parties KNOW how to use tax incentives to get what they want, to manipulate society. Yet the get this giant brain fart when it comes to illegal aliens. Strange?

Agreed

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

You just don't get it, do you? The immigration debate is not about political affiliation, support or whatever you want to call it. Because Washington, the whole two-faced Democrat-Republican political machine, has no liking for enforcing the legislation we currently have on the books. It's about the weight of public opinion versus the weasels in Washington.

It is a well known fact that President Obama wants comprehensive immigration reform (amnesty) before he wants to even consider the border security and enforcement of immigration legislation. But it was BushBaby who last tried to get an immigration reform (amnesty) bill through Congress. He failed ... spectacularly.

This statistic is a damning indictment of the employment ethic being fostered by Washington's refusal to enforce the law, thereby encouraging employers to circumvent the law by employing illegal aliens, rather than legal residents. With the parlous state of the US economy, especially when it comes to employment, something needs to be done to force Washington's hand.

With the example of Arizona to follow, a number of States are seeking to assume the role the Federal Government has more-or-less abandoned and take up immigration law enforcement. If they succeed of their own accord, good for them. I doubt this administration has the stomach for legal challenges on the scale of AZ SB 1070 against every State that enacts immigration legislation. If they force the Federal Government's hand and get Federal enforcement to where it needs to be, even better. But anything is better than what we have now.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

First Principle: Cut the Numbers

Any level of illegal immigration is unacceptable,

Any measure that increases illegal immigration violates this principle. Immigration is a discretionary public policy. Its primary purpose, since our founding, is to advance the interests and security of the nation.

Second Principle: No Amnesty or Mass Guest-Worker Program

The 1986 amnesty was a failure; rather than reducing illegal immigration, it led to an increase. Any new amnesty measure will further weaken respect for our immigration law. Therefore, all amnesty measures must be defeated.

Laws against illegal immigration must be enforced, if they are going to act as a deterrent. Redefining illegal aliens as"guest-workers" or anything else is just that: a redefinition that attempts to hide the fact it is an amnesty, not reform.

Third Principle: Protect Wages and Standards of Living

Immigration policy should not be permitted to undermine opportunities for America's poor and vulnerable citizens to improve their working conditions and wages. The need for guest workers must be determined by (objective indicators that a shortage of workers exists, i.e., extreme wage inflation in a particular sector of the

labor market.)

The current system accepts self-serving attestations of employers who seek lower labor costs as protections of

American workers. True reform requires an objective test of labor shortage demonstrated by rising wages to attract more American workers

Fourth Principle: Major Upgrade in Interior Enforcement, Led by

Strong Employers Penalties

Employers who knowingly employ unauthorized workers are the magnet that attracts illegal entry into the U.S.

These employers are complicit in the illegal alien cartel activity of smuggling, trafficking, harboring, and

employing and must be punished. We must reform the current system by enforcing employer sanctions and

fully punishing employers who break the laws of this country. These punishments will be fines, jailing for

repeat offenders, and loss of corporate charters. Employers who knowingly or unknowingly employ illegal workers

must be weaned off of their growing use of such workers by assuring a level playing field for all employers and

demonstrating effective enforcement actions against employers who continue to exploit illegal workers. No U.S.

industry has jobs in which there are no American workers. If illegal workers are decreased over time, wages offered

will rise to attract back more American workers. Real shortages, as noted above, can be met with short-term temporary

foreign workers.

The Basic Pilot Employment Verification program must be made mandatory and at no extra cost to employers.

Effective immigration enforcement on the border and the interior of the country requires that staffing,

equipment, detention facilities, and removal capabilities be adequate to fully meet current needs. The

measures needed to identify and remove illegal aliens will also remove the ability of potential terrorists to operate freely

in our country as they plot the next catastrophic attack on our people.

Fifth Principle: Stop Special Interest Asylum Abuse

Reforming the refugee and asylum system means returning to the original purpose and definition of the

program: "any person who... is unable or unwilling to return to, and is unable or unwilling to avail himself or

herself of the protection of that country because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on

account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion...."

America must honor it responsibilities to protect people who are fleeing true political persecution as defined by U.S.

and international law. Efforts to expand those definitions to include all forms of "social persecution" invite massive fraud

and endanger the security of this nation. Similarly, treating aliens illegally residing in the country the same as foreigners

on legal visitor visas for purposes of the Temporary Protected Status designation is illogical and a form of amnesty that

must be ended.

Sixth Principle: Immigration Time Out

We must restore moderation to legal immigration. Beginning with the recommendations of the Jordan Commission in 1995, we need to restrict immigration to the minimum consistent with stabilizing the U.S. population.

Overall immigration must be reduced to balance out-migration, i.e., about 300,000 per year while still permitting nuclear family reunification and a narrowly focused refugee resettlement program. A moratorium on all other immigration should be immediately adopted pending true comprehensive immigration reform. We should abolish the extended relation preferences.

Seventh Principle: Equal Under the Law

There should be no favoritism toward or discrimination against any person on the basis of race, color, creed, or nationality.

All admission of immigrants should come within a single, stable ceiling which is periodically reviewed on the basis of

a reasoned, explicit goal of achieving population stability.

We should abolish special preferences such as the Cuban Adjustment Act.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

First Principle: Cut the Numbers

Any level of illegal immigration is unacceptable, Any measure that increases illegal immigration violates this principle. Immigration is a discretionary public policy. Its primary purpose, since our founding, is to advance the interests and security of the nation.

Second Principle: No Amnesty or Mass Guest-Worker Program

The 1986 amnesty was a failure; rather than reducing illegal immigration, it led to an increase. Any new amnesty measure will further weaken respect for our immigration law. Therefore, all amnesty measures must be defeated.

Laws against illegal immigration must be enforced, if they are going to act as a deterrent. Redefining illegal aliens as"guest-workers" or anything else is just that: a redefinition that attempts to hide the fact it is an amnesty, not reform.

Third Principle: Protect Wages and Standards of Living

Immigration policy should not be permitted to undermine opportunities for America's poor and vulnerable citizens to improve their working conditions and wages. The need for guest workers must be determined by (objective indicators that a shortage of workers exists, i.e., extreme wage inflation in a particular sector of the

labor market.)

The current system accepts self-serving attestations of employers who seek lower labor costs as protections of

American workers. True reform requires an objective test of labor shortage demonstrated by rising wages to attract more American workers

Fourth Principle: Major Upgrade in Interior Enforcement, Led by

Strong Employers Penalties

Employers who knowingly employ unauthorized workers are the magnet that attracts illegal entry into the U.S.

These employers are complicit in the illegal alien cartel activity of smuggling, trafficking, harboring, and

employing and must be punished. We must reform the current system by enforcing employer sanctions and

fully punishing employers who break the laws of this country. These punishments will be fines, jailing for

repeat offenders, and loss of corporate charters. Employers who knowingly or unknowingly employ illegal workers

must be weaned off of their growing use of such workers by assuring a level playing field for all employers and

demonstrating effective enforcement actions against employers who continue to exploit illegal workers. No U.S.

industry has jobs in which there are no American workers. If illegal workers are decreased over time, wages offered

will rise to attract back more American workers. Real shortages, as noted above, can be met with short-term temporary

foreign workers.

The Basic Pilot Employment Verification program must be made mandatory and at no extra cost to employers.

Effective immigration enforcement on the border and the interior of the country requires that staffing,

equipment, detention facilities, and removal capabilities be adequate to fully meet current needs. The

measures needed to identify and remove illegal aliens will also remove the ability of potential terrorists to operate freely

in our country as they plot the next catastrophic attack on our people.

Fifth Principle: Stop Special Interest Asylum Abuse

Reforming the refugee and asylum system means returning to the original purpose and definition of the

program: "any person who... is unable or unwilling to return to, and is unable or unwilling to avail himself or

herself of the protection of that country because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on

account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion...."

America must honor it responsibilities to protect people who are fleeing true political persecution as defined by U.S.

and international law. Efforts to expand those definitions to include all forms of "social persecution" invite massive fraud

and endanger the security of this nation. Similarly, treating aliens illegally residing in the country the same as foreigners

on legal visitor visas for purposes of the Temporary Protected Status designation is illogical and a form of amnesty that

must be ended.

Sixth Principle: Immigration Time Out

We must restore moderation to legal immigration. Beginning with the recommendations of the Jordan Commission in 1995, we need to restrict immigration to the minimum consistent with stabilizing the U.S. population.

Overall immigration must be reduced to balance out-migration, i.e., about 300,000 per year while still permitting nuclear family reunification and a narrowly focused refugee resettlement program. A moratorium on all other immigration should be immediately adopted pending true comprehensive immigration reform. We should abolish the extended relation preferences.

Seventh Principle: Equal Under the Law

There should be no favoritism toward or discrimination against any person on the basis of race, color, creed, or nationality.

All admission of immigrants should come within a single, stable ceiling which is periodically reviewed on the basis of

a reasoned, explicit goal of achieving population stability.

We should abolish special preferences such as the Cuban Adjustment Act.

Did you get this from NumbersUSA?

Timeline

Did you get this from NumbersUSA?

I vaguely recall seeing it on F.A.I.R., but it might have come from NumbersUSA. So what? Big deal? Who cares where it comes from if the points made are legit? Common sense is common sense no matter where it comes from.

We have millions of unemployed Americans, yet we literally continue give away significant numbers jobs to foreigners in an already depressed job market. And not just legal foreigners. Large numbers of illegal aliens continue to enter our country illegally and use fraud to work here without legal authorization along with the illegal aliens that continue to hold jobs they are not entitled to.

It is unconscionable and just plain stupid that our own government's policies does this to its own citizens.