Jun&Scheillo

What's Vermont's excuse now for not approving NOA2s?

172 posts in this topic

That''s admirable, BUT:

You can't save the entire world. You can't even make a dent in saving the entire world. For every person who lives well in the world, there are 5 people who live in poverty and despair. You can't save all of them.

No, I don't have the delusion of being able to 'save the entire world'. However, I would like to try to 'save' as many people as I can. If stepping aside in line to let someone else experience maybe tiny bit less suffering is what is being asked of me, I'll gladly do it. Besides, if it is worth it for ONE person, it's worth it for me.

It's a lot like stepping aside for that little old lady at the market who has two items and is in line behind you with your cart full. I'd let her go first. It's not going to 'save the world', but at least for that one little old lady, it may have made her day. And we're talking about human suffering here, not standing in line at a grocery market. I'm just confused how it's even a question whether or not it's the right thing to do to try to help suffering people. (Mind you, they are not saying they will never ever work on our petitions. They are just 'asking' us to wait a bit longer so that a few other people out there will not have to suffer in awful conditions, or be sent back there to suffer.)

And in the long run, it will breed hatred and contempt for the Haitians, not only for the select few that were saved but for the millions who were not saved.

Hatred from whom? I'm not hating them. I can point out others here that agree with me.

You can't possibly hope to get people to accept your point of view by cramming it down their throats, no matter how correct you feel you are. You will accomplish just the opposite, and boy did the Supreme Court ever do that with Brown.

Perhaps people should remember that when they are getting angry at others on this board who are disagreeing with them. Shouting and screaming about things won't help, and there are some people here on the forums that are attempting the 'cram down the throat' approach. I'm not seeing it working either. Perhaps those people should try a different approach?

I, for one, have a responsibility to myself and to Elena to get her visa in the minimum possible amount of time. Attending to that responsibility does not allow me the luxury of saving Haitians or promoting or championing any other moral cause. I have a job to do, and I intend to do it.

And I understand that. However there are things you can control and things you cannot. Since you have minimal control over how fast your petition will be processed, it might be worth your time to focus on something you CAN control. (Besides, I don't think being so angry '24/7' is good for your health.)

This post wasn't a personal attack in any way, but just putting some ideas out there for others to see. All the statements made in it are general statements and are not meant to attack any individual here.

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

:innocent:

Even though I agree that being pessimistic in a journey only complicates situation, I hardly can hear the words of critisism from people whose a) journey complete b) the phase "NOA2" complete c) got tht phase done in 2-3 months

We all probably need to divert our thoughts from this process, as I find it rather unfair and upseting... :hehe:

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't worry, Kiwi, about anything you say being construed by me as a personal attack. You don't like much of what I do, and I have no problem with that. I'm not out to be liked, and I'm not out to win a popularity contest either. I am out to get a visa in the minimum possible amount of time.

And, yes, I will let the little old lady with two items through to the checkout. I really don't need the 30 seconds I would save that badly. But I do need this visa badly, and I will not stand by idly while anyone or anything gets in my way.

Just my opinion, but I don't think you, or me, or anyone else here NEEDS that visa as bad as a Haitian who will be returned to Haiti.

If your (general 'you' here, not any one person) fiance is fed, warm at night, and doesn't have to worry about being shot at, then it's of MY opinion that they do not NEED that visa as much as the starving, homeless, and those in extremely dangerous living conditions that threaten their life.

Again, my opinion.

Spoiler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just my opinion, but I don't think you, or me, or anyone else here NEEDS that visa as bad as a Haitian who will be returned to Haiti.

If your (general 'you' here, not any one person) fiance is fed, warm at night, and doesn't have to worry about being shot at, then it's of MY opinion that they do not NEED that visa as much as the starving, homeless, and those in extremely dangerous living conditions that threaten their life.

Again, my opinion.

Kiwi, I really, truly and totally feel where you are coming from but honestly who are YOU to make that decision for somebody else, in this case AI422? You don't have the moral authority to decide what is more important for somebody else. Trust me Kiwi, in my heart I know 100% where you are coming from.

My fiance comes from a rotten 3rd world country.....Vietnam. She has lived in poverty and crime her entire life but our case was NEVER expedited. I guess her suffering was not enough suffering to get expedited the way the Haitian petitions are. I just decided that I was not having any of that and yelled/screamed until every Senator, Governor, Representative and everybody at USCIS heard me and they ended up approving my case just before reaching 4 months.

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

Hence why I said it was "My opinion". I'm not making the judgment call for everyone else.

You could think that my fiance doesn't need a visa as much as yours, or whatever. It doesn't bother me, because that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. My opinion isn't going to change what's going on at USCIS, so there is no point in getting upset over it. Besides, I'm sure that there are a million differing opinions as to who 'needs' what.

That's what makes people so great: We are all different with our own opinions. And the even greater thing: It's noy my judgment call. Or yours. It's USCIS'. And there is nothing we can do about that.

Edited by KiwiBird
Spoiler

Kiwi, I really, truly and totally feel where you are coming from but honestly who are YOU to make that decision for somebody else, in this case AI422? You don't have the moral authority to decide what is more important for somebody else. Trust me Kiwi, in my heart I know 100% where you are coming from.

My fiance comes from a rotten 3rd world country.....Vietnam. She has lived in poverty and crime her entire life but our case was NEVER expedited. I guess her suffering was not enough suffering to get expedited the way the Haitian petitions are. I just decided that I was not having any of that and yelled/screamed until every Senator, Governor, Representative and everybody at USCIS heard me and they ended up approving my case just before reaching 4 months.

You know, that is a valid point. I'm very understanding of the Haitian situation; but there is also the conditions some of the beneficiaries have lived in their entire life. That really is a thoughtful point you made.

Timeline

I think the reason some of you do not see the visa process as a competition is because to you, a visa issued eventually is good enough. But to me, eventually is not good enough. I want Elena's as soon as possible. That is the competition, not what we get, since we all eventually get it, but when we get it.

If someone else aces me out of my place in line, sure I won't like it. But that doesn't mean he doesn't get his prize. He won, and I lost. I don't always win, and I can deal with that. But if I never compete, then I will never win, and I can't deal with that.

In fact, just two days ago, someone else did win. He used his status as a Haitian national to get an expedite on his I129f. I didn't like it, but he competed and won his prize. So what did I tell him? I told him that he had every right to use his edge to get his prize, and that I respected him for putting his responsibility to himself and his fiance first, where it belonged, even if other people would not like it.

Standing aside while some needy person, Haitian or otherwise, gets their visa first is, to me, a neglect of my responsibility to myself and to Elena. I'm not Mother Teresa, and I'm not interested in sainthood. I'm interested in that visa.

I think the reason some of you do not see the visa process as a competition is because to you, a visa issued eventually is good enough. But to me, eventually is not good enough. I want Elena's as soon as possible. That is the competition, not what we get, since we all eventually get it, but when we get it.

If someone else aces me out of my place in line, sure I won't like it. But that doesn't mean he doesn't get his prize. He won, and I lost. I don't always win, and I can deal with that. But if I never compete, then I will never win, and I can't deal with that.

In fact, just two days ago, someone else did win. He used his status as a Haitian national to get an expedite on his I129f. I didn't like it, but he competed and won his prize. So what did I tell him? I told him that he had every right to use his edge to get his prize, and that I respected him for putting his responsibility to himself and his fiance first, where it belonged, even if other people would not like it.

Standing aside while some needy person, Haitian or otherwise, gets their visa first is, to me, a neglect of my responsibility to myself and to Elena. I'm not Mother Teresa, and I'm not interested in sainthood. I'm interested in that visa.

You don't think the rest of us want our loved ones here as soon as possible? You think out of all of us, you're the only one who TRULY needs this process to be complete? This is NOT a competition to see who gets what they want the fastest. If you view it that way, well ... it's clear you view it that way, actually, and I can't imagine going through this process with your mindset. It must be exhausting.

There are no winners or losers, this isn't a game. This is real life. My fiance and my relationship is not a PRIZE that I won because I did something "better" than anyone else. It's my reward for going through the red tape, government nonsense and doing everything I possibly could to make this process as simple as possible. And it is simple. It's a few forms and a quick interview. That's not a lot to do on my part to get to be able to spend the rest of my life with someone I love. The hard part is the waiting. NOBODY likes to wait. You aren't the only one. Contrary to what you seem to believe, your life is not more important than anyone else's. We're all slightly inconvenienced by this process, but it's not going to kill us.

Stop focusing so much on racing to the finish line of this imaginary race.

You've done all you can. You're going through the proper channels to meet your goal. You filed, and now you wait. You wait like everybody else. And don't for ONE second think the wait is any easier on any of us than it is on you.

This is out of your control. You will not make your process go by any faster than it is. There is NOTHING you can do. Focus on the things you can control instead of spending every minute of every day of this process in a constant state of anger.

Edited by Coconuts

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

:ot:

The other thing that gets me is that on interview they likely asking the questions regarding the actual day of wedding ceremony, where/when/who s invited/etc. There even were cases when people were out denied because they could not give a detailed answer...

:huh: If they dont promise service in the time frames set by themselves for the petitioners guidance, they should reconstruct their whole #### attitude. Because cancelling the provisional event venue/vendors/etc. is not fun ! :unsure:

somehow day after day its not getting easier....

Edited by Milushka

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

omg some of you need some perspective. Go look at the "California Service Center to Texas Service Center" topic in the forum, and you can see all of us with NOA1s in June/July/Aug were transferred to Texas in November with most still waiting for their NOA2s. That's 6-7 months and still waiting. Those who have been approved, a few of them about 8 weeks ago, are still waiting for their files to get to the NVC, which shouldn't take more than 10 days in normal circumstances. so all of you who haven't hit 5 months and are whining, you need a reality check. TSC is a nightmare and 36,000 people who were transferred have been affected. Why is CSC so fast you wonder? Bc they offloaded 36,000 cases onto another service center in November. so when you see Sept/Oct/Nov and maybe even Dec filers at CSC getting approved, instead of getting ticked off, think about us over here at TSC who are still waiting, while CSC motors on. You're welcome.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

[offtopic]

I wonder why some members come here to argue and not sticking with the subject? can they take it PM and beat each other up using PM. I don't think people are interesting in reading about their (personalities dislike) hey...don't get upset...VJ is a place we come to get get help or advice. The last thing we want is to hear few members calling each other names. Take it to OPRAH :) or Dr. Phil

:thumbs:

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

This is out of your control. You will not make your process go by any faster than it is. There is NOTHING you can do. Focus on the things you can control instead of spending every minute of every day of this process in a constant state of anger.

I couldn't agree with you more!

event.png

Timeline

omg some of you need some perspective. Go look at the "California Service Center to Texas Service Center" topic in the forum, and you can see all of us with NOA1s in June/July/Aug were transferred to Texas in November with most still waiting for their NOA2s. That's 6-7 months and still waiting. Those who have been approved, a few of them about 8 weeks ago, are still waiting for their files to get to the NVC, which shouldn't take more than 10 days in normal circumstances. so all of you who haven't hit 5 months and are whining, you need a reality check. TSC is a nightmare and 36,000 people who were transferred have been affected. Why is CSC so fast you wonder? Bc they offloaded 36,000 cases onto another service center in November. so when you see Sept/Oct/Nov and maybe even Dec filers at CSC getting approved, instead of getting ticked off, think about us over here at TSC who are still waiting, while CSC motors on. You're welcome.

You were forgotten about, which is not surprising in this tense atmosphere caused by USCIS and their complete failure to serve the people they are supposed to be serving. Their failure has made many of us selfish. I will admit that I am near the top in the selfish category, but I offer no apology for it, since the incompetence of USCIS has left me with no alternative but to grab whatever I can before someone else grabs it. The only person who owes anybody an apology is the USCIS director for his complete failure to do his job, his total incompetence at doing it, and the boldfaced lies he tells to the American public, claiming that he is actually doing a good job.

Check out this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/291889-shout-out-loud-or-it-will-get-much-worse/ We are preparing a letter to the U.S. House of Representatives Appropriations Committee and plan to have it there in time for the director's annual appearance before the committee, seeking his annual handout. What we hope to accomplish is for the Committee members to ask him the questions he does not want to answer and hold him accountable for his complete failure at doing his job. The more people we have on board sending this letter to their Congress Member, the more notice it will get. Please join us.

Timeline

Despite our disagreement on many things, I do like you and wish you the best in everything.

But surely you realize that it will be a cold day in hell when I stand by idly while this totalitarian dictatorship makes a mockery out of my relationship with Elena,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.