Jun&Scheillo

What's Vermont's excuse now for not approving NOA2s?

172 posts in this topic

If this process has put you into a state of constant anger, I suggest taking a break from this website. Because that's simply not healthy.

On a more optimistic note...maybe this week was just a hick-up and the following will show signs of life from the Disservice Center. After all they were starting to get some approvals out.

9/9/10: I-129F Sent

9/15/10: Received NOA1 via text/email from USCIS

9/16/10: Received NOA1 in mail (dated 9/13/10)

9/20/10: Touched!

10/03/10: Touched to the dusty shelves!

2/28/11: NOA2 finally

3/04/11: Arrived at NVC

3/08/11: Left NVC and arrived at CDJ consulate

4/04/11: Packet 3 sent

4/13/11: Packet 3 received!

4/18/11: Medical Exam

4/19/11: ASC

4/20/11: Interview (Approved!)

4/29/11: K-1 Visa in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/30/11: Entered USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I prefer having people like Al around than people that just sit back and accept things as they are. This is one of the few places people going through this can communicate. If enough anger and frustration builds up on this forum it's an excellent place to organize thoughts for any further action that can be taken to improve this process. Also those of you who congratulate others on noa2s should stop pretending there isn't a part of you that is envious that their suffering is closer to an end and you are still stuck there waiting for someone at the vsc to throw you a bone. I hope everyone here gets their visa very soon because nobody should have to endure this but I'm not going to pretend that when someone gets theirs in 2,3,4 months I'm happy for them when I've waited over 5 months and there are some who've waited even longer.

People have said things like oh it doesn't matter how long it takes as long as I get it. I disagree, we are all missing out on nearly a year of memories and having a strain put on our relationships most people can't imagine. If it's funding they are lacking I would gladly pay 2 or 3 grand to have this all done in a couple months. I can get back the money I have saved but I can't get back all this time I'm missing with the woman I love more than anything. There are people here separated from their pregnant fiance or their kids, you honestly want to tell them that time doesn't matter? "Oh sorry I wasn't there to see the baby born, sweetie, but it's ok it's just one of the most important days of my life, no biggie, at least we got the visa 4 months after the fact". :thumbs:

08-07-10 | I129-F Sent

08-17-10 | NOA1 Received

10-03-10 | Touched

02-03-11 | RFE hardcopy received (AWESOME!!)

03-06-11 | RFE response sent overnight

03-14-11 | USCIS received RFE response

04-04-11 | Contacted senator

04-14-11 | NOA2 Received (241 Days from NOA1 or 7 months, 29 days)

04-22-11 | NVC Sent Package to China

05-16-11 | Guangzhou Consulate received Package from NVC

06-05-11 | P4 Received

06-15-11 | Medical Exam

06-16-11 | Handed in documents to consulate

06-17-11 | Interview Passed

06-23-11 | Visa in hand

06-28-11 | Expected Arrival in New York

08-24-11 | Tied the knot

12-15-11 | Biometrics Taken for AOS

event.png

Filed: Timeline

oh let me guess you sleep in a tshirt that says VJ saved my life?

im entitled to my opinion,and my account and my personal space,its none of your business,if you cant handle straight forward people,tough ######,youre gonna be a mess by the time the interview comes around.

jesus,some sissy members.

uuuuu, how did you know I sleep in that VJ saved my life shirt? Have you been peeping in my windows at night again? I wonder how your fiance would feel about that....AND all of your posts calling people names and cursing. I was gonna start having those T-shirts made in bulk and send them to my friends...let me know if you want me to send you one too!!

You can be straightforward without being rude, disrespectful, calling people names and using profane language. When the interview comes I will be the happiest person in the world....but since Peru is a 5 hours direct flight for me....I may hop on a plane tonight and have a spectacular weekend. Besos!

A VJ saves my life t-shirt??? GREAT IDEA!!!!! Where can I get one? :rofl:

I can even throw the Peru flag on it for ya! Holla! :rofl:

Also those of you who congratulate others on noa2s should stop pretending there isn't a part of you that is envious that their suffering is closer to an end and you are still stuck there waiting for someone at the vsc to throw you a bone. I hope everyone here gets their visa very soon because nobody should have to endure this but I'm not going to pretend that when someone gets theirs in 2,3,4 months I'm happy for them when I've waited over 5 months and there are some who've waited even longer.

Ok, I'll bite. Just this once.

I wish I had a hand big enough to back hand every last one of you sometimes.

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

For those of you who want to do something, check out this thread and join us.

http://www.visajourn...get-much-worse/

Tonight, I will strengthen the letter the OP put there, with all the suggestions the other posters added and some ideas of my own.

We intend to get this letter to all members of the House Ways and Means Committee in time for the CIS Director's annual appearance there seeking funds, hoping this will get them to ask questions he will not want to answer. Remember that the committee is now under Republican control, so they will not be as quick to rubber stamp this Obama appointee as the Democratically controlled committee did last year.

Edited by Al422

I prefer having people like Al around than people that just sit back and accept things as they are. This is one of the few places people going through this can communicate. If enough anger and frustration builds up on this forum it's an excellent place to organize thoughts for any further action that can be taken to improve this process. Also those of you who congratulate others on noa2s should stop pretending there isn't a part of you that is envious that their suffering is closer to an end and you are still stuck there waiting for someone at the vsc to throw you a bone. I hope everyone here gets their visa very soon because nobody should have to endure this but I'm not going to pretend that when someone gets theirs in 2,3,4 months I'm happy for them when I've waited over 5 months and there are some who've waited even longer.

Well, that says it all right there.

On a more optimistic note...maybe this week was just a hick-up and the following will show signs of life from the Disservice Center. After all they were starting to get some approvals out.

Lol, 'Disservice Centre'. I like that :D

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

I dont care who you are or how long it takes: when you get your approval, I am happy for you. I am not a completely selfless person, but saying you aren't happy for others just goes to show how this process makes some people extremely selfish. As shown in examples of people saying they don't care if Haitians return to poverty, sickness, violence and even death in Haiti... hat they would rather their fiance visa processed first.

Yes, I am envious.. but I am still happy for those that got good news.

Sorry, but some of you people amaze me.

Kiwi, you are quickly becoming one of my favourite people here!

Timeline

I dont care who you are or how long it takes: when you get your approval, I am happy for you. I am not a completely selfless person, but saying you aren't happy for others just goes to show how this process makes some people extremely selfish. As shown in examples of people saying they don't care if Haitians return to poverty, sickness, violence and even death in Haiti... hat they would rather their fiance visa processed first.

Yes, I am envious.. but I am still happy for those that got good news.

Sorry, but some of you people amaze me.

That''s admirable, BUT:

You can't save the entire world. You can't even make a dent in saving the entire world. For every person who lives well in the world, there are 5 people who live in poverty and despair. You can't save all of them.

The USCIS can't save the Haitians. There are too many of them. Their misguided preference program is not going to make a dent in saving the Haitians. The only thing it will make a dent in is their already obscene processing times (in the wrong direction).. And in the long run, it will breed hatred and contempt for the Haitians, not only for the select few that were saved but for the millions who were not saved.

Not too long ago, I watched a documentary on the Ku Klux Klan. One surprising fact that I learned is what was the biggest recruitment bonanza for them ever: Brown v. Board of Education. You can't possibly hope to get people to accept your point of view by cramming it down their throats, no matter how correct you feel you are. You will accomplish just the opposite, and boy did the Supreme Court ever do that with Brown.

How many people, non-prejudiced ones included, are going to hate the Haitians because they were crammed down everyone's throats? Think about it.

I, for one, have a responsibility to myself and to Elena to get her visa in the minimum possible amount of time. Attending to that responsibility does not allow me the luxury of saving Haitians or promoting or championing any other moral cause. I have a job to do, and I intend to do it.

Edited by Al422

Timeline

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for the heads up. I know that I tend to be selfish at times and have unpopular opinions, but I hope I did not engage in any personal attacks.

And I really think that once Elena is here, all pressure will be off and whatever time it takes for the next steps will be just fine with me. My mission will have been accomplished: Elena will be here.

So I thank you for your well intentioned words, but I really don't think I am doing myself or Elena any disservice with my attitude. It served me well in life and got me a good position with a good company that a less headstrong person would never have gotten.

If I get an opportunity to cut the line ahead of a Haitian, another U.S. citizen, or even another VJ member, I am going to do it. And why not? We live in a capitalistic and competitive society where nice guys finish last. Getting anything, anything at all, means that someone else who wanted it is not going to get it. That's the way it is. I did not invent this world, but I have every intention of carving the best life possible for myself and Elena out of it.

I know I am no saint and am content to leave that honor to Mother Teresa. I am not really interested in sainthood anyway.

Edited by Al422

Speaking as a moderator who has just read over this thread from beginning to end I find myself rather appalled by some of the heartless, selfish and inconsiderate comments made here about immigrants and other applicants here on Visa Journey. While we all wish this were a perfect world and everything we wanted came to us exactly when we wanted it, it is time to recognize that life is not like that. There are a lot of people in this world all who face their own journeys and challenges - and yours are no more important - or less important - than theirs. You are not 'entitled' to anything in immigration - regardless of what you think; having your foreign born partner immigrate to the US is not a right - it is a benefit you are requesting. The process is a long one and those of you who want instant gratification are in for some very hard times over the next few years of this multiple year process. You may even find that your demanding attitude will become a liability in your relationship - I've seen that happen a number of times here on VJ. Throwing insults at everyone who tries to point this out to you or who is taking a more compassionate approach that includes recognizing that there are others who are waiting as well as many other types of visas being processed is a sure way to make this whole situation harder on yourself, on your partner, on your family, on your colleagues - in fact, harder on everyone in your life - and it won't make anything go faster.

The next person who makes personal attacks or insults at another VJ member in this thread will be thread banned from this thread..

Very well said, Kathryn.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Kathryn,

If I get an opportunity to cut the line ahead of a Haitian, another U.S. citizen, or even another VJ member, I am going to do it. And why not? We live in a capitalistic and competitive society where nice guys finish last. Getting anything, anything at all, means that someone else who wanted it is not going to get it. That's the way it is. I did not invent this world, but I have every intention of carving the best life possible for myself and Elena out of it.

I know I am no saint and am content to leave that honor to Mother Teresa. I am not really interested in sainthood anyway.

:) So, I am hearing you say here that it is ok to cut in line of someone else? Like you are accusing the Haitians who have applied for humanitarian visas of doing? That to succeed doing this is a good thing? So, obviously, if this is a good thing and acceptable, you will be happy to congratulate those who were better at jumping ahead of the line than you are because they are showing they can compete more effectively? Forgive me, but I don't believe you. :no: I believe that these rules apply only to you and if someone else treated you the way you say is fair for you to treat them, you would protest up one side of them and down the other. You can't have it both ways - if it is fair for you, it is fair for everyone else. If it isn't fair for anyone else, then it isn't fair for you either.

Something else to consider - it really isn't an either/or situation. There is enough for all. Your success doesn't have to mean someone else's 'failure', nor does someone else's success mean your failure. You really can afford to be generous and supportive in this process. It's not a competition.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.