Jun&Scheillo

What's Vermont's excuse now for not approving NOA2s?

172 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

AL if you didnt know that the approvals in reality can take up to 11 months and did not hire or talk to a lawyer to learn more about this process thats your fault.

see thats the difference between you and others,we all knew that the goal is five months,meaning it can take up to five months,how ever the goal at times is not reached,meaning people at times wait up to a year just for the noa 2,you just flat out didnt know.

i understand your frustration and anger,however you did not study enough before mailing your I-129f,you did not read enough reviews you did not talk to enough people who had to wait months to get their noa 2.

now you know,what are you gonna do?patiently wait and comfort your fiancee or go on and on and on about how this country sucks and they put none citizens above citizens?you are sure as hell painting her a pretty picture of life in america

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

And believe me that if I had a real choice I would have pitched this pathetic excuse for a service center after the first month.

Timeline

I remember being so relieved to find out we were with VSC. :( I'd actually have a reason to check the mail tomorrow with CSC...

i benefit more than anyone on this entire website from VSC slowing down,they cover the majority of areas that have huge numbers of iranian american residence,they usually choose ankara as their Favorite embassy so you see where im coming from?but in all honesty,it will pass,now ive been waiting about 2 months on my fiance's tax returns,so my case is collecting dust at the embassy shelves,and that my dear friend is ten times worse than the wait for noa 2,just pray pray and pray that you wont get in this situation im in,it sucks

Filed: Timeline

actually if you had accurate information you cant delete an account on this website.

You know exactly what I mean. People all handle this situation differently, some are calm, some are upset, depressed, frustrated, some have mood changes by the hour. If people feel the need to vent here on VJ, I don't mind at all. Whatever makes everyone feel better....but when YOU make statements like

'oh how i wish they would shut VJ down,its the source of all problems,igor's list is inaccurate ,the embassy reviews are old and incomplete,the most knowledgeable members are judgmental,people compare notes too often,the whole thing turns people into monsters'

That is an insult to VJ, all people that come here for help, and all the people that have been through the process completely but still come on here to help people who are new to the process. I would hate for a new person to come here, read your statement and decide to never use VJ because they think this is what we are about.

People turn themselves into monsters...not VJ. So if you want to nitpick that you can't delete your account...you can message Capt Ewok with the request, you can delete it from your favorites, you can turn off your email notification or stop refreshing threads so often.

Edited by LADUQUE13

Timeline

You know exactly what I mean. People all handle this situation differently, some are calm, some are upset, depressed, frustrated, some have mood changes by the hour. If people feel the need to vent here on VJ, I don't mind at all. Whatever makes everyone feel better....but when YOU make statements like

'oh how i wish they would shut VJ down,its the source of all problems,igor's list is inaccurate ,the embassy reviews are old and incomplete,the most knowledgeable members are judgmental,people compare notes too often,the whole thing turns people into monsters'

That us an insult to VJ, all people that come here for help, and all the people that have been through the process completely but still come on here to help people who are new to the process. I would hate for a new person to come here, read your statement and decide to never use VJ because they think this is what we are about.

People turn themselves into monsters...not VJ. So if you want to nitpick that you can't delete your account...you can message Capt Ewok with the request, you can delete it from your favorites, you can turn off your email notification or stop refreshing threads so often.

oh let me guess you sleep in a tshirt that says VJ saved my life?

im entitled to my opinion,and my account and my personal space,its none of your business,if you cant handle straight forward people,tough ######,youre gonna be a mess by the time the interview comes around.

jesus,some sissy members.

Filed: Timeline

ITA agree with the poster on page 5 who said that I think people here should be allowed to vent their frustrations. If not here, where? If you see a post that is clearly a vent and you don't like it, don't open it.

SO true. I want to be having an engagement party, going to look at venues and cake tastings together, and all that fun newly engaged stuff and CANT. awesome.

Agreed! Hopefully we will be celebrating together soon :)

Timeline

AL if you didnt know that the approvals in reality can take up to 11 months and did not hire or talk to a lawyer to learn more about this process thats your fault.

see thats the difference between you and others,we all knew that the goal is five months,meaning it can take up to five months,how ever the goal at times is not reached,meaning people at times wait up to a year just for the noa 2,you just flat out didnt know.

i understand your frustration and anger,however you did not study enough before mailing your I-129f,you did not read enough reviews you did not talk to enough people who had to wait months to get their noa 2.

now you know,what are you gonna do?patiently wait and comfort your fiancee or go on and on and on about how this country sucks and they put none citizens above citizens?you are sure as hell painting her a pretty picture of life in america

Please do not put words in my mouth. I DID NOT say that this country sucks. What I said, and what I firmly adhere to, is that USCIS sucks and does not deserve the honor of calling itself an agency of the government of our fine country.

Furthermore, I DO NOT need time to prepare for Elena's arrival. I was prepared for it on the day I proposed marriage to her and have been continuously ready for it each and every day thereafter. I would have had no right to ask for her hand in marriage when I did if I were not already prepared for her arrival.

That is the difference between me and this pathetic excuse for a government agency. They start something and then hope they can figure out how to finish it. I know exactly how to finish something before I start it.

You got it wrong, once more, when you claim that I did not research how long it would take when I started. I met Elena in June of 2009. That was BEFORE this TPS garbage started clogging up the system, and as a result, the business of American citizens was attended to quickly and expeditiously, just what I expect from my government. It was only when the bleeding heart liberals decided that the Haitians were more important than the people who voted them into office that the system began to fall apart.

I do not doubt your claim that it could take a year to get NOA2s now in this very, very, very broken Vermont Disservice Center. While California is busy cranking out NOA2s (7 just yesterday), Vermont continues to gather dust and do nothing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

oh let me guess you sleep in a tshirt that says VJ saved my life?

A VJ saves my life t-shirt??? GREAT IDEA!!!!! Where can I get one? :rofl:

event.png

One look

One smile

One touch

One embrace

One kiss

One love

Two people

Two minds

Two souls

Two destinies

One road

One journey

One ending

Together

358272338v5_240x240_Front.jpg20821470_125x125.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Nobody is ready for this, nor were you (!) before you got your NOA2 in hand.

With all respect, be aware people here get enough hypocrisy dealing with USCIS already, no need at all to bring it being VJ member.

Seriously could not restrain myself from this comment.

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

Nobody is ready for this, nor were you (!) before you got your NOA2 in hand.

With all respect, be aware people here get enough hypocrisy dealing with USCIS already, no need at all to bring it being VJ member.

Seriously could not restrain myself from this comment.

trust me,i prepared myself when my waiting time reached three months.and it took me about 2 months to get my hardcopy,trust me i understand panic,i dont understand what good posting post after post bringing down the system his fiancee will be depending on for some years until she gets her citizenship does.

like it or not,we all have to deal with these crappy service centers for years.

Timeline

Please do not put words in my mouth. I DID NOT say that this country sucks. What I said, and what I firmly adhere to, is that USCIS sucks and does not deserve the honor of calling itself an agency of the government of our fine country.

well it does,it is what it is,im not gonna go " oh did you vote "or" who did you vote for" on you,because being an iranian and living in with the most corrupted government,i know how people,politicians can change their words but have you tried reaching higher people in command?have you tried writing to someone who can actually do something?

Furthermore, I DO NOT need time to prepare for Elena's arrival. I was prepared for it on the day I proposed marriage to her and have been continuously ready for it each and every day thereafter. I would have had no right to ask for her hand in marriage when I did if I were not already prepared for her arrival.

you and i both know certain members who time after time suggest that you physically read yourself for your fiance,i do not believe in that,however being the beneficiary in our own case,i can assure you your fiancee is equally if not more stressed about leaving her country and family and coming to the states.the way you picture america and the government only adds to that.it worries ME,i can only imagine how she feels

That is the difference between me and this pathetic excuse for a government agency. They start something and then hope they can figure out how to finish it. I know exactly how to finish something before I start it.

You got it wrong, once more, when you claim that I did not research how long it would take when I started. I met Elena in June of 2009. That was BEFORE this TPS garbage started clogging up the system, and as a result, the business of American citizens was attended to quickly and expeditiously, just what I expect from my government. It was only when the bleeding heart liberals decided that the Haitians were more important than the people who voted them into office that the system began to fall apart.

sweetheart,i understand i completely understand,california back when we were expecting out noa 2 went through a backlog,NOT EVEN BECAUSE OF TPS,but simple CR-1/IR-1 petitions,not just you but everyone regardless of their service center should have seen it coming,california had a backlog because of one specific type of visa that is not much different than ours

I do not doubt your claim that it could take a year to get NOA2s now in this very, very, very broken Vermont Disservice Center. While California is busy cranking out NOA2s (7 just yesterday), Vermont continues to gather dust and do nothing.

i dont know if you know this or not,but there is a cycle,when CSC works vermont sleeps,when vermont works,california sleeps,its really a normal cycle,is alright?no,has it happened before?many times.actually there was a member here,in the june filers post,and it took CSC about 7 months just to inform her that it will take them another 6 months to go through her fiance's background checks.it happens more than you think.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I haven't seen any new approvals for vsc since last week yet my estimated timeline changed from feb 2-8 to feb 1-7 today. Are there some secret signs of life over there? I hate how it defaults to the CSC and I have to see a slew of august noa2s before switching over to vsc and the rage boils up again.

08-07-10 | I129-F Sent

08-17-10 | NOA1 Received

10-03-10 | Touched

02-03-11 | RFE hardcopy received (AWESOME!!)

03-06-11 | RFE response sent overnight

03-14-11 | USCIS received RFE response

04-04-11 | Contacted senator

04-14-11 | NOA2 Received (241 Days from NOA1 or 7 months, 29 days)

04-22-11 | NVC Sent Package to China

05-16-11 | Guangzhou Consulate received Package from NVC

06-05-11 | P4 Received

06-15-11 | Medical Exam

06-16-11 | Handed in documents to consulate

06-17-11 | Interview Passed

06-23-11 | Visa in hand

06-28-11 | Expected Arrival in New York

08-24-11 | Tied the knot

12-15-11 | Biometrics Taken for AOS

event.png

Timeline

I haven't seen any new approvals for vsc since last week yet my estimated timeline changed from feb 2-8 to feb 1-7 today. Are there some secret signs of life over there? I hate how it defaults to the CSC and I have to see a slew of august noa2s before switching over to vsc and the rage boils up again.

I am as disgusted as you are that the western half of the country gets a real service center while we get this horrific abomination crammed down our throats.

But there is a way to avoid having to see it: When you get your screen set to VSC, add it as a favorite in your browser and then go directly to it in the future.

Yup. We get 'real service's at California. We sure don't have to wait or have the same lack of communication. We also don't have the frustration of unpredictable progress. Right?

(That was sarcasm for those that didn't catch it.)

We are all still waiting and its not any easier.

Al, since every one of your posts is about how awful things are... and you seem to have participated (started?) more bickering fights on the forums... may I ask why you are here? I noticed you couldnt even offer a simple congrats to another member without entering how you are 'so put out because of the Service Center you are at.' I can understand venting... but is there anything good that you take from your experiences here? I'm not asking to be mean. I am sincerely interested.

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Timeline

I could not help noticing that California is a month ahead of us and cruising at a speed that will soon put it 6 weeks ahead of us. I know communication from both CSC and VSC makes a mockery of our status as sentient beings, but at least you are getting some movement.

I try to be nice. I really do. But I have been in a state of continuous anger, 24/7, for three months now, with no end in sight. No sooner do I get control of my emotions when someone says something condascending, and it starts all over again. And when that P.O.S. USCIS Director stood boldly before the cameras and said, with a straight face, that Vermont has no backlog, I went into shock.

I guess that saying I heard a while ago applies to USCIS: When the fish stinks, it stinks from the head.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.