Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

omg you guys!!!! we have our 1st NOA2 im so exited as i am an early December filer, although for vsc :S but i am so happy to see that someone got their NOA2 soo happy for you and the rest of us hang in there ours is coming soon.

3/21/2009: saw each other in colombia after many years.

6/25/2009: visited colombia relationship started!

12/20/2009: visited colombia spende the holidays with him and family<3

1/14/2010: he moved to buenos aires (study)

3/14/2010: we both visited colombia <3 great week!

6/30/2010: i visited buenos aires for a month

11/24/2010: i became a US citizen

11/26/2010: filed I-129f

12/2/2010: NOA 1

12/09/2010: touched

Waiting for NOA2

every day is a step closer to finally being with you!!!!!

Qz9pm5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

well i do not have an exact day yet, but its going to be a small wedding as all of this process has taken our funding for the wedding but we are both fine by the idea of the small wedding, it will actually be in my house(close to the beach) with some friends and family members something very casual. i already have my dress but the rest of the preparations i will do them in a later date when he is approved, and i am done with school for this semester.:) probably in may i will have much more time to plan details.

Morning Diana!

Ok so you sound calm and collected and I love it! YEAH ON THE DRESSSSSSSS!!!!!! Wooo hooooooo gurlie girl!!! Now will you join the Brides here and do Dizzy's Fitness Challenge? Didn't she come up with the best idea for this thread?! I must say though, I worked out last night my upper body and I swear to you, I can barely type this right now. LOL Please forgive the typos. :rofl: Anyway, as for your schooling, congratulations! I know that feeling when the semester is completed. But for you overall?

VJ Course: Grade:

VJ 106: Completing Univ.Semester during VJ:.................................................................................................................A

Wedding 101: Picking of Date: ..........................................................................................................................................Inc

Wedding 102: Wedding Size:............................................................................................................................................... A

Wedding 103: Bridal Gown:................................................................................................................................................. A

Wedding 104: Venues:...........................................................................................................................................................A

VJ 101: USCIS & Wedding Budgets:....................................................................................................................................A

You go girl! Well Done!

Mari :star:

Edited by Mari & Kadir

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

Hey all,

I check my status on the website today. this is what i got!

This is good news right? NOA2? If they requested more information, they would say?

I am quite a late dec filers...did anyone esle get this?

check the webiste folks!!!

On March 10, 2011, your document I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was processed and mailed to the address on record. If you have not received it within 30 days of March 10, 2011, contact customer service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move while your case is pending, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Morning Gyselle,

I'm not familiar with this wording, so can you please check your paper again and see what it says? Typically it has the word, "approval". On the website, does the status change to "Decision"? I think Dizzy's suggestion to ask on the main forum would be helpful too. I sure hope its your NOA2!!!!! Very excited to hear the status, so please keep us posted!! :yes:

Mari

Timeline

WOW this post really made me smile and re-think my down mood! Thankyou! Its nice to know people are going through the same thing...its sooo hard but time is going quickly (although i beg to differ some days!!!) I have been planning my wedding and have my dress!!! EEEE!!! such an exciting time! venue is booked, photographer booked etc! CANT WAIT!!!! Oh and can i say....THANK GOD FOR SKYPE!!!!! wow- what would we do without it?!?!?!?

Just a quick question...I am going to get my police check tomorrrow, but when should i schedule my medical...I know I have to have 6 months validity on it when going for the interview- and when you recieve the medical you have 12 months validity on it....is it too soon go get it????

Thanks for all of your posts....it helps knowing people are going through the same thing!!!

Kiria- AUSTRALIA :)

Morning Kiria!

Great you're smiling today :D !!!! I didn't think we could schedule the medical with the Civil Surgeon until we got the NVC # for our case (so they could attached it for the interview). Are you asking about collecting your medical history to bring with you to the medical exam? I'm thinking it might be too early to get the medical at this point. I'[ll research that and if anybody knows the answer to her question, please let us all know.

It sounds like you're doing great and getting ready for the NOA2!! Do you have any wedding plans at this point? (F)

Love ya!

Mari

Timeline

Wow!! This thread is JUMPIN'!

Let me get my replies in!!!

First of all - "YAAAAAAAAAY!!" That out Japan filers are safe. My heart certainly went out to you and most important is that everyone is still alive. Beautiful thing!

Second - WELCOME to the new folks joining the thread. I am the resident "countdown" timelne holder, and the December "GET SEXY!" Weight Loss / tone up motivator!! If you would like to be added to the countdown please let me know when I post the new countdown list. I try to update it at least once a week :)

Third - CONGRATULATIONS! to Jay & Cici on NOA2!! I'm so excited to update one of our filers with a new NOA2 date. You are our first December Filer on the list to achieve one! Please update your timeline on the Visa Journey site to help others along in their journey. Because you are the first filer we will be watching you closely to help you with packet 3 and get the update. So happy for you. Congratulations!!!

Fourth - VSC! I saw a question re: why VSC is taking longer. VSC took the brunt of the Haiti TPS applications (a humanitarian effort) and so have been slowed down over last fall. They are picking the speed back up, but are still a little behind CSC. It's no reason to panic or get anxious. If anything, it's even more reason to take advantage of your extra few weeks to WORK OUT before filling out forms is upon you again. There is PLENTY to do that takes TIME. Check the Packet 3 thread that Mari has posted and get TO it. You will probably find that time is running out, not adding up.

Have a wonderful weekend gang! Congrats again to jay & cici! Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help while we cruise along on this journey!!!

xoxxoxoxo

The soon-to-be MRS Loxy :)

Good Morning Sistah!!!!

OK I have to tell you I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Decemberite Fitness Challenge that you came up with!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Going!!!!! BRILLIANT and a MOTIVATING WAY to get the Brides and their Grooms ready for the Wedding!! And then! To top it all off, you're doing a 'chart thingy' too!!!! This is why I totally dig you, MRS Loxxxxxxxxxxxy!!! You're super fun to be with on this Thread, that is for sure!

VSC: I think they're moving along and by the looks of it, I'm hoping they're going to complete and APPROVE DECEMBERITES sooner than later! Well, that's been my prayer. We ALL get approved TOGETHER! Nobody is left behind from this Thread! Remember we have a Decemberite Game Plan! But you're totally right about getting ready for that NOA2 packet.... our days are numbered since last night's announcement from Jay and CiCi!!!

Hearing from our Dec Family, look at 'em go! Everyone that has posted seems to be very enthusiastic about having their papers ready to Rock & Roll!!! LOL I wish I could say Kadir's are completed but he's not back yet from base and I asked him to get his Medical records from his last check up from Doc on base.... "yeah I know... Why everytime you tell me?" (probably because I think he's going to forget??) lol lol. We just need to update police report, get med recs( if poss), and translation of docs. That's it. I want to go over my Affiadavit of Support (both the I-134 & I-864) with my CPA one more time to update any missing or needed information and docs.

OK Pretty Bride, have a great Sunday!!!

Love ya,

Mari

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

(L)Here Comes The Bride :luv: ...We're NOT Bridezilla :girlwerewolf2xn:

Part 3 in a Series by Mari

Let's start with a study for reference: One 8 year study suggested that walking for at least 30 minutes per day, decreases risk of premature death than those who rarely or do not exercise at all. Regularly walking has other benefits. Did you know that you could decrease your abdominal fat? How about that walking deceases risk of Diabetes Type 2, and Breast Cancer? It also will improve your cholesterol, lower your blood pressure, give you that energy boost and stamina (think wedding night), release mental stress, strengthen your bones (very important for women of all ages in general), and helps prevent weight gain. The National Institute of Health, as well as the CDC encourages every American (GROOMS and BRIDES ALIKE) go for a moderate to intense walk for at least 30 minutes each day. If that is too much, tone it down to a slower pace. When our beneficary's are here, this is a romantic way to spend quality time together.

Mari

PS: I love the refereed medical journals which confirm my thoughts on walking for health.

http://web.uvic.ca/~rhodes/pubbles.htm [/color][/size]

Just my two cents...I've been trying to walk 3 miles every day. Do you want to know what helps? Walk outside; however far away you walk, you have to come back! If I'm on a treadmill or a bike, I may give up out of boredom but if I walk 1.5 miles away from my home, I've got no choice but to come back :rofl:

And now that Daylight Savings Time is here, we all have one more hour of sunlight to squeeze it in!

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Timeline

Just my two cents...I've been trying to walk 3 miles every day. Do you want to know what helps? Walk outside; however far away you walk, you have to come back! If I'm on a treadmill or a bike, I may give up out of boredom but if I walk 1.5 miles away from my home, I've got no choice but to come back :rofl:

And now that Daylight Savings Time is here, we all have one more hour of sunlight to squeeze it in!

LOL Bec! LOL ..... That's kinda how I gage it too... walk 2.5 miles outwards and I have to come back the same distance to the car. lol

And I FORGOT it's daylight savings! so... um, what time is it now??? lol I think I missed church now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm even more confused about daylights savings because I'm in Mexico and we didn't spring forward yet, but my computer did! I was so confused this morning.

I love the weight loss challenge--- I spent this summer losing all the weight that I gained here eating tacos, tortillas and quesadillas! But I have 5 more lbs to go and this is a great motivator.

Sorry I haven't written here in a while, I just had to take a break from the whole visa thing because it was too stressful to think about but I'm back now and after thinking long and hard about the wait (We're filed in Vermont :-( ) I decided that I should enjoy the time I have left on this little island paradise that we live in here in Mexico because sooner than we know it we're going to be on our way to Upstate NY, which is nowhere near as warm in the winter as it is here :)

Thanks guys for helping me keep my chin up! B-)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Woo hoo!!!!!! Congratulations to you Cici & Jay!!!

You're our 1st NOA2 !!!!!!

love it!

Mari (F)

Awesome news Cici & Jay!!!!

I am excited to see someone on our thread be approved!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Lise

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Cici and Jay, omg congratulations!!!! Even though I am stuck at VSC it is still very uplifting to see a Decemberite approved! This is great news and now you will be a big help to us since you will be going through the next step now and can let us know how it goes.

I'm praying for all the rest of us that we ALL get our approvals sooner rather than later so that we can move on in this process as well.

Nikolacolada I know what you mean, sometimes I have to take a day or two (or 5!) away from the forum because I have such a hard time keeping my stress under control. When I saw the news that VSC is running slow, I couldn't face the forum or thoughts about this whole thing at all or else I'd have lost it, but then I remember all the great people we have here who are in the same situation and who are so supportive and fun and I just have to come back!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had an exciting night with my daughter, she did my hair with my hair piece and I loved it!! I put my dress on and jewlery and it is absolutely how I want it!!! It is such a good feeling when you know what you have purchased for your wedding attire is just what you wanted! So now in spirit of the fitness challenge off for a walk I go since the beautiful sun is shining.

Have a great day everyone,

Lise

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

My December Family,

Hubby received the I-797 which I believed is the NOA2 which indicated that the I-129F is approved. Now sitting here in front of my computer..still cant believe it. must be halfway through but still a lot challenges to come.. waiting now for my case number coming from NVC. I wish us all the luck. Thanks to those who helped me here and to Mari and for everyone. I'll keep in touch.

Yours,

Cici (and J)

Jay & Cici

happy for you !!! Congratulation !!!

Ufffff good to know that december starts to move good.gif

EXERCISES OUUU YEAAAH !!!

girls I recommend exercises on the ball - really great exercise ... My fiance is a personal trainer so it is not easy for me hehehhe laughing.gif

2diFp2.png

Dec 17. 2010 - Sent I-129F

Dec 20. 2010 - NOA1

Dec 31. 2010 - Touched

May 23. 2011 - RFE

July 14. 2011 - NOA2

July 26. 2011 - Medical Test

August 19th - Packed 3 Received

August 19th - Packed 3 Send

September 15th - Packed 4 Received

Timeline

Marcia, maybe you can post some great body toners on the workout ball? ufff... he's a personal trainer, the pain.... the pain... lol, but the gain is amazing. right?! :thumbs:

Hi Guys! In spirit of egpt8k.png

I've added a little weight loss goal ticker to my signature. Those of you in the weight loss / tone up challenge can join in the fun by creating a ticker for weight loss goal (count down by pounds...dont worry, you dont have to tell how much you weigh!), or if you don't want do do that, you can go by BMI OR even by inches! The numbers are totally only known by you. only your goal progress will be shown!

Here's mine!

weight.png

I can definitely tell you that putting this at the bottom of your other tickers really puts that NOA2 and even Visa countdown into "quickly approaching" perspective!

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.