Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Thanks Everybody for being so enthusiastic about our Cookbook!!! I think it's great to see you all and I really can't wait to see the different countries arrive via cuisine! Maybe we can put a little note on our recipe to the Dec K1'ers Cookbook from each couple who posts a recipe!

Just remember, we're all still in the Fitness Challenge around this thread... :P lol... Shawn. lol

I keep looking for a yoga class because I want to really get good flexibility. It will be very good for my workout too. I'm still researching the yoga places around here. I'm sure you know by now, I study everything before I make a decision.

How is our Fitness Challenge going Brides and Grooms? Anybody?

Mari

Well I have started back up my P90X.. well really restarted it. Last fall I started, did about 1 1/2 months and was feeling and looking great, then I got a lumbar spasm and a few more in the months following and stopped working out. Then it became the holiday season and I traveled, ate, and got lazy. But, it is said that it only takes 21 days to develop a habit, so now I have 19 more days to go!

For all you guys and girls, be sure to eat during your working out! Yeah, I got in a rush today to workout and didn't eat a good breakfast and just totally lost all energy before my workout finished! Knocked me on my #### for about 10 minutes before I started feeling better.

So now it's off to finish what I left off and get that beach body! :)

-Shawn

April 2007 - Met Sonoko in Okinawa Japan

June 2010 - I left Okinawa, relationship continued

November 12, 2010 - Wedding proposal on Sonoko's visit to USA!

December 10, 2010 - I129F sent

December 23, 2010 - NOA1

March 22, 2011 - NOA2

March 25, 2011 - NVC receives petition

March 29, 2011 - NVC sends petition to Naha, Okinawa Consulate

April 8, 2011 - Packet 3 Instructions received

April 25, 2011 - Interview (PASSED!!)

May 9, 2011 - VISA received

May 18, 2011 - Arrived to the USA

Aug 16, 2011 - AOS Sent

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

The fog of state rules and regs has just been lifted a little, for me & Utah anyway :lol:

Just had a reply from the Utah driving license department, regarding the path I'll be taking when I get there:

When an applicant meets all the qualifications, has valid documents, and passes all the required examinations, they will be given, in your case, a Limited Term Driver License. (required examinations are eye exam, Utah jurisdictional written exam, and skills (driving) exam)

If you wish to add a motorcycle endorsement there is also a written exam and skills (driving) exam on a motorcycle, with an additional motorcycle endorsement fee of $9.50. Please know that this, the Limited Term Driver License is a full driver license, the limited term is based on the legal status in the United States. .

As to your presumption and need to re-test, when qualifications are met that a Utah Driver License (not a limited term license) can be issued, you will not be required to do any testing or re-testing, this requires a fee and a status change only.

So I get a Limited-Term D/L based on my unexpired I-94, and then a proper license once I've done AOS

:dance:

Edited by rallybug

Ben

10/23/2009 - Met on eHarmony

09/20/2010 - Got engaged at the top of the London Eye 🙂

11/24/2010 - I-129F sent to Texas dropbox

11/29/2010 - I-129F received by CSC

03/21/2011 - Touched!

04/18/2011 - NOA2 approved by CSC 4 months 3 weeks after NOA1

07/18/2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!

09/20/2011 - Married!

10/11/2011 - AOS package mailed to Chicago lockbox

10/18/2011 - AOS package routed to National Benefits Center for processing

10/19/2011 - I-765 EAD noted on USCIS site

10/22/2011 - I-797C for AOS and EAD received

11/08/2011 - AOS file transferred to CSC

11/10/2011 - Biometrics appointment in SLC

12/12/2011 - Green card received dated 11/23/11

09/20/2013 - I-751 sent to CSC

09/23/2013 - I-751 received at CSC - NOA1

10/18/2013 - Biometrics appointment in SLC

08/29/2020 - N400 Application submitted online

08/29/2020 - N400 fee taken

01/20/2021 - Biometrics re-use notification

04/14/2021 - Interview scheduled notification

05/11/2021 - Interview!

05/11/2021 - N-400 Recommended for Naturalization!

06/02/2021 - Naturalization oath ceremony!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Ben,

When I visited the UK (England and Wales), I got an Int'l Driver's License. You know I would not even try because I could not understand driving on the other side of the road. Waaaaaaaay too confusing!

I've driven in Turkey and you'd think that would be a disaster. But it's the same as the US except when driving in Adana. Driving in a car with no A/C (110 degrees), all windows down, no seatbelt law... VERY CROWDED STREETS... Kadir telling me in his thick Turk accent, "Bebegim (baby in English)... you no wait the bus! You go direct (means cut off the big bus full of people. In fact, cut all the big busses full of people)". I answer very stressed, "I can't go... there are people walking across the street!" Kadir from the passenger seat: No problem for me. You push car a little bit.. there (now pointing)... you touch they legs a little bit. They move. No problem for me" Me: :angry: "YOU DO NOT TELL ME ,THE YABANCI (foreigner) how to DRIVE HERE! No problem for you! But BIG PROBLEM FOR ME when I AM IN TURKISH JAIL" lol lol lol lol

I did better when driving 5 hours through to Sanlurfa to see Gramma! Only me and the highway at 4am when it was super cool and not scalding ugly hot.

Mari

PS: Are you going to share a recipe for us from your region?

Edited by Mari & Kadir

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

To add pictures, I've uploaded them to www.tinypic.com and then use the link to post a picture here. WE're almost there, folks! Yay!!

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, we are getting there!! :clock: A friend of mine has offered to put my lovely Jenie Bee to work in her law office when she arrives and can work. I had not figured on filing a form I-765 for EAD until AOS, however would it be possible for her to get the EAD when she arrives, point of entry would be Portland, OR. Any thoughts on this? Do you think it's just better to wait until AOS and not monkey with the EAD until then??? I have done some research but I am confused.. Lee

Timeline

Hi guys, we are getting there!! :clock: A friend of mine has offered to put my lovely Jenie Bee to work in her law office when she arrives and can work. I had not figured on filing a form I-765 for EAD until AOS, however would it be possible for her to get the EAD when she arrives, point of entry would be Portland, OR. Any thoughts on this? Do you think it's just better to wait until AOS and not monkey with the EAD until then??? I have done some research but I am confused.. Lee

And this from USCIS: http://www.uscis.gov...ources/A2en.pdfCan my fiancé(e) work in the United States while on a

fiancé(e) visa?

After admission, your fiancé(e) may immediately apply for permission to work by filing Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, with the USCIS Service Center having jurisdiction over your place of residence. Any work authorization based on a nonimmigrant fiancé (e) visa would be valid for only 90 days after entry. However, your fiancé (e) would also be eligible to apply for an extended work authorization at the same time as he or she files for permanent residence. In this case, your fiancé(e) would file Form I-765 together with Form I-485 as soon as you marry.

Edited by Mari & Kadir

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

And this from USCIS: http://www.uscis.gov...ources/A2en.pdfCan my fiancé(e) work in the United States while on a

fiancé(e) visa?

After admission, your fiancé(e) may immediately apply for permission to work by filing Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, with the USCIS Service Center having jurisdiction over your place of residence. Any work authorization based on a nonimmigrant fiancé (e) visa would be valid for only 90 days after entry. However, your fiancé (e) would also be eligible to apply for an extended work authorization at the same time as he or she files for permanent residence. In this case, your fiancé(e) would file Form I-765 together with Form I-485 as soon as you marry.

Thanks Mari, you are "Johnny on the spot" with that information, see why I posted my question here.... COOL!!! Lee

Timeline

Anyone here getting any word yet?

Think like this: KEEP BUSY.... 5-6 mos wait time...

only February 2011 are being served now.

LOL LOL LOL :rofl: :rofl: J/K :rofl: :rofl:

Think like this: KEEP BUSY.... 5-6 mos wait time...

only February 2011 are being served now.

LOL LOL LOL :rofl: :rofl: J/K :rofl: :rofl:

I know, I know. It just gets hard, even though you keep busy you still keep thinking about it. Anyway, I was asking that because there was someone here who sent a petition on Nov. 27th and got their NOA2 already, and we are from the same country and service center, so I was wondering that maybe they are near our papers. I sent mine's on Dec. 1st. Anyway, I was just being hopeful. :)

Thanks Mari, you are "Johnny on the spot" with that information, see why I posted my question here.... COOL!!! Lee

Hi Jeniebee,

I agree with you. Mari is really there come handy with all the links and info :)

Love yah Mari!!!

Cici^_^

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

-----------------------------

Timeline

I know, I know. It just gets hard, even though you keep busy you still keep thinking about it. Anyway, I was asking that because there was someone here who sent a petition on Nov. 27th and got their NOA2 already, and we are from the same country and service center, so I was wondering that maybe they are near our papers. I sent mine's on Dec. 1st. Anyway, I was just being hopeful. :)

Ok... do you want me to get out my Flip flop and spank you with my left shoe!? You can pick which you want: My Big Jumbo Adobo Spoon or my slippah.

Would You Get a grip! LOL LOL LOL... Just because your from the same service center and the same country does not mean they're going to get to your documents earlier than Kingdom Come (unless you filed in Feb 2011... I'm tellin ya!).

Excuse me let me divert your attention to our little fitness challenge. Have you started working out (or continued with new goal in mind... like your wedding?)

Are you going to share a recipe for our upcoming Dec Filer's Cookbook?

And, lastly, where are you with your NOA2 docs and preparation for when you do get the long awaited paper?

Now, I'm going to clinic, I have call... and then gym and when I come back. I want to see a better happier little attitude! LOL LOL LOL

You know we love you!

Tita Mari

Timeline

Thank you for a great question! It's really helpful in case some our Decemberite Family have the same question. :star:

Hi Jeniebee,

I agree with you. Mari is really there come handy with all the links and info :)

Love yah Mari!!!

Cici^_^

Love you two too!

Mari

Ok... do you want me to get out my Flip flop and spank you with my left shoe!? You can pick which you want: My Big Jumbo Adobo Spoon or my slippah.

Would You Get a grip! LOL LOL LOL... Just because your from the same service center and the same country does not mean they're going to get to your documents earlier than Kingdom Come (unless you filed in Feb 2011... I'm tellin ya!).

Excuse me let me divert your attention to our little fitness challenge. Have you started working out (or continued with new goal in mind... like your wedding?)

Are you going to share a recipe for our upcoming Dec Filer's Cookbook?

And, lastly, where are you with your NOA2 docs and preparation for when you do get the long awaited paper?

Now, I'm going to clinic, I have call... and then gym and when I come back. I want to see a better happier little attitude! LOL LOL LOL

You know we love you!

Tita Mari

Tita Mari? LOL. You know, "Tita" here means Auntie, or maybe you knew that already? So, should I call you Auntie? Hahaha

Hahahaha! Yes, I keep a positive attitude. Just sometimes, a little negative slips out, but I control it.

Yes ma'am. I have been doing that Zumba craze as my workout. However, I just use youtube. My family thinks I look stupid, but I think it's working out pretty well.

The recipe? I'm sorry, I think I only know how to fry food. I KNOW I better learn how to cook. It's just I'm super busy that I can't really fit it in my schedule right now.

And, the wedding will be a small one. Just a court wedding. The real wedding will be when we are able to save up enough money. And, it will be done here in the Philippines. It's for my parents. So they can see.

Anyway, good luck with your gym! Go work it out LOL! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.