Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I'm back from seeing my fiance. How depressing.

Good news: Looks like my NOA1 receiving date I had listed was wrong. It's December 2nd, not 6th!

Bad news: VSC is still waaaaay behind CSC.

Welcome home!!!! Did you have a great time or what!! Now will you be joining us in the Decemberite Fitness Challenge?! C'mon let's rock this place.

Love to you and happy you're home.

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

Wow, that changed quick - go to Immigration Timelines and you get the date that it is guessed each service center is working on for I-129F petitions.

Yesterday, for CSC, it was November 10th - today it's October 27th :lol:

Yanno Ben, I always get a good laugh out your posts! lol... why did you have to go and pop our red balloon! LOL... sheesh, next thing you know you're gonna tell us here is a Super hot link to your PAST because your FUTURE is nowhere near here... LOL :rofl:

Timeline

Today is the best day ever! It is the one year anniversary of when I met the love of my life (L) and my Dipu got his Delhi Police Clearance Certificate today!

He just happened to be on his terrace a few days after the post above and he saw the police man he originally spoke with. He went across the street to talk to the policeman and explain the issue he was having and the policeman asked him why he didn't just have his landlord go to the police station to vouch for him. Dipu told him that his landlord is a doctor and would not take time away from his clinic to do that and besides, he'd still need one more witness. The policeman asked to speak to Dipu's landlord so Dipu explained the situation to the Dr who went out and firmly told the policeman that he would have to accept his and his assistant's testimony (woo hoo, that makes two people!)here at the clinic. The policeman was surprised and embarrassed to find his very own Dr yelling at him :)

Later that night, the policeman stopped by and took the statements of the Dr and his assistant personally, collected a "fee" (for which there is no receipt, wink wink) from Dipu and several weeks later...we have it! I think this was definitely the hardest thing we were going to have to get and I am so thankful it all worked out!

This is EXCELLENT NEWS BECK & DIPU!!!!!!! Gosh why didn't that policeman suggest that when Dipu was in the station in the first place? Seems really and quite amusing that the Doc was the Policeman's physician!!! lol.... lol.... (really funny to me).

How's everything else going? You getting fit and ready for your big day?

Love ya,

Mari

Timeline

:reading:HEY DEC K1 2010 THREAD!! GET UPDATED ON THE NEWS AROUND HERE!! :secret:

Our Latest Thread Map is on PAGE 50.................... Post# 738

If you are new, visiting, or need the news update, please visit that post!

Mari :star:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Today is the best day ever! It is the one year anniversary of when I met the love of my life (L) and my Dipu got his Delhi Police Clearance Certificate today!

He just happened to be on his terrace a few days after the post above and he saw the police man he originally spoke with. He went across the street to talk to the policeman and explain the issue he was having and the policeman asked him why he didn't just have his landlord go to the police station to vouch for him. Dipu told him that his landlord is a doctor and would not take time away from his clinic to do that and besides, he'd still need one more witness. The policeman asked to speak to Dipu's landlord so Dipu explained the situation to the Dr who went out and firmly told the policeman that he would have to accept his and his assistant's testimony (woo hoo, that makes two people!)here at the clinic. The policeman was surprised and embarrassed to find his very own Dr yelling at him :)

Later that night, the policeman stopped by and took the statements of the Dr and his assistant personally, collected a "fee" (for which there is no receipt, wink wink) from Dipu and several weeks later...we have it! I think this was definitely the hardest thing we were going to have to get and I am so thankful it all worked out!

This is a special day for me too, Michael and I met for the first three years ago today. I am excited to move on to our 'wedding' anniversary but today will always remain a special day to the two of us.

I am happy for Dipu's successful clearance certificate.

Have a wonderful day everyone

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Timeline

This is a special day for me too, Michael and I met for the first three years ago today. I am excited to move on to our 'wedding' anniversary but today will always remain a special day to the two of us.

I am happy for Dipu's successful clearance certificate.

Have a wonderful day everyone

Happy "meeting day" Aniversary Lise and Michael! Isn't amazing how quickly the years go by and yet, we're all here looking at how slow the months move? LOL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Welcome home!!!! Did you have a great time or what!! Now will you be joining us in the Decemberite Fitness Challenge?! C'mon let's rock this place.

Love to you and happy you're home.

Mari

Thank you for the welcome home. I don't really see where I am as home though because my fiance is in the US and my life feels like it should be there already.

Is anyone else stuck at VSC a little worried that they seem to be approving so few December filers compared to everyone else? What is going on there?

Timeline

Hey would anybody be interested in creating our own Dec 2010 K1 Cookbook? One recipe from each of us from the Beneficary's country or region and Voila! We got one heck of a International feast!

My thoughts are if we post one here, we can copy the ones we want and paste them on our pc's Word Doc file, then print them later! We can really be creative here.

You know when we're all APPROVED and our lives are back in some kind of order, we'll have the memories from the friendships we have here. We'll remember how we all waited together through thick and thin with every bite! Most importantly? I don't think any of us could ever forget what being away from our Sweetheart really means.

So? Who's the first one to go? And guys? Here is your chance to chime in too! Afterall, one day you're gonna cook for your wife too, right? :yes:

Mari

PS: Please refrain from really strange things that will gross us out like chocolate covered bugs or eyeballs or something like that... lol

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I love this idea, I am always looking for something new and healthy to cook. I am also open to the not so healthy for the days where being healthy is on the back burner! I will contribute a recipe on the weekend!

Thank you Mari for organzing this!!

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Timeline

Dear December 2010 K1 Brides :wub: and Grooms :pop:

You're all invited...

I thought since we're having a Decemberite Fitness Challenge for our Wedding Day, we would all contribute to our own fitness library for reference! All you need to do is cut, paste and add your fitness links listed in either the Bride or Groom section. Then post it! That's it! I'll share the first 5 in each section. Hey Grooms, get moving... you're Brides are HOT HOT HOT!! Catch us if you can! :P

Brides:

1. http://www.getafirmbutt.com/
  2. http://www.fitnessma...-brides/?page=1
  3. http://www.fitnessma...ound-the-world/
  4. http://wedding.thekn...for-brides.aspx
  5. http://www.yyoga.ca/...on-to-be-bride/
  6. http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/arms/exercises/7-move-firm-arms-workout/?sssdmh=dm17.512444&esrc=nwftn031411&email=3317826555 <for flabby arms ;)

Grooms:

1. http://www.thegroomg...h&fitness1.html
  2. http://www.weddingsu...room_health.asp
  3. http://www.youandyou...des-grooms-8984
  4. http://thegroomsays....s-guide-to.html
  5. http://www.mindbodyg...des-Grooms.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

OMG OMG OMG Everyone.... Guess what I got today!?!?!

Not an NOA2.. still waiting. But I did get some more patience, and trying to maintain my humor!

Lot's of cheer!

Shawn

I think we should all be prepared for mass chaos to ensue as thousands of terrible drivers turn left or right straight into a building because their GPS told them too :rofl:

Hahaha... That would be fun to watch :P

April 2007 - Met Sonoko in Okinawa Japan

June 2010 - I left Okinawa, relationship continued

November 12, 2010 - Wedding proposal on Sonoko's visit to USA!

December 10, 2010 - I129F sent

December 23, 2010 - NOA1

March 22, 2011 - NOA2

March 25, 2011 - NVC receives petition

March 29, 2011 - NVC sends petition to Naha, Okinawa Consulate

April 8, 2011 - Packet 3 Instructions received

April 25, 2011 - Interview (PASSED!!)

May 9, 2011 - VISA received

May 18, 2011 - Arrived to the USA

Aug 16, 2011 - AOS Sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hey would anybody be interested in creating our own Dec 2010 K1 Cookbook? One recipe from each of us from the Beneficary's country or region and Voila! We got one heck of a International feast!

My thoughts are if we post one here, we can copy the ones we want and paste them on our pc's Word Doc file, then print them later! We can really be creative here.

You know when we're all APPROVED and our lives are back in some kind of order, we'll have the memories from the friendships we have here. We'll remember how we all waited together through thick and thin with every bite! Most importantly? I don't think any of us could ever forget what being away from our Sweetheart really means.

So? Who's the first one to go? And guys? Here is your chance to chime in too! Afterall, one day you're gonna cook for your wife too, right? :yes:

Mari

PS: Please refrain from really strange things that will gross us out like chocolate covered bugs or eyeballs or something like that... lol

Wow, that is crazy cause I was thinking of this same thing just a couple days ago. I am all for it and will post one of my favorite personal dishes and will get one or two Okinawan recipes from Sonoko!

Great idea Mari!!

April 2007 - Met Sonoko in Okinawa Japan

June 2010 - I left Okinawa, relationship continued

November 12, 2010 - Wedding proposal on Sonoko's visit to USA!

December 10, 2010 - I129F sent

December 23, 2010 - NOA1

March 22, 2011 - NOA2

March 25, 2011 - NVC receives petition

March 29, 2011 - NVC sends petition to Naha, Okinawa Consulate

April 8, 2011 - Packet 3 Instructions received

April 25, 2011 - Interview (PASSED!!)

May 9, 2011 - VISA received

May 18, 2011 - Arrived to the USA

Aug 16, 2011 - AOS Sent

Timeline

Thanks Everybody for being so enthusiastic about our Cookbook!!! I think it's great to see you all and I really can't wait to see the different countries arrive via cuisine! Maybe we can put a little note on our recipe to the Dec K1'ers Cookbook from each couple who posts a recipe!

Just remember, we're all still in the Fitness Challenge around this thread... :P lol... Shawn. lol

I keep looking for a yoga class because I want to really get good flexibility. It will be very good for my workout too. I'm still researching the yoga places around here. I'm sure you know by now, I study everything before I make a decision.

How is our Fitness Challenge going Brides and Grooms? Anybody?

Mari

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.