Bluehill

Now I can go cry a river: spouse just vanished after 10 months of marriage

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

It has been over a year since my last visit here on visajourney. Things have been very disappointing and heartbreaking. I met my spouse thru family members in 2007 in Ghana. After two visits to Ghana I filed for K-1 visa for her to join me because she was so vibrant, kind, full of life,....you know what I mean. It's been a very long and painful process. She arrived in April 09. The following day after her arrival, that vibrant, joyful, kind woman I fell in love with was no more. She was not talking at all and just want to be left alone. I proceded to marry her anyway in the hope that it will get better. I also put her to nursing school so that she can have a job. My expenses on her since 08/07 to date is over $15,000 just to bring her here, file for AOS and school tuition and so on.

She disapeared the day she got her first job. I have no idea where she is. I feel very very hurt but I know it will come back to hurt her also.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

WOW!!!! sorry that has happend to you.....I hope things get better

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

OH wow!!!! This is sad!! Sorry for what she's putting you through. :(

WOW!!!! sorry that has happend to you.....I hope things get better

I see you have your interview in two days!!! Good luck with it! Hope all goes well!!

AOS From B2 Journey

8/13/10: AOS Package Sent

8/16/10: Package Received at Chicago Lock Box

8/26/10: Checks Cleared and Case Transferred to NBC

8/30/10: NOA Text/ Email and Hard Copy

8/31/10: Case Status Appears On USCIS Site

9/9/10: I-130 I-485 I-765 Touched

10/5/10: Called USCIS abt "No Bio Letter" / Service Request

10/13/10: Hard Copy Service Request

10/20/10: I-765 I-485 Touched

10/21/10: I-765 I-485 Touched Again :-)

10/23/10: Biometric Letter Received For Nov 15 App

11/15/10: Biometric Appointment

11/15/10: EAD Approved..... I-485 & I-765 Touched

11/16/10: Card Production Ordered.....I-485 & I-765 Touched

11/19/10: Card Production text and email received again for I-765. I-765 Touched

11/23/10: EAD Received

11/29/10: Applied for ID and SS card

12/04/10: SS card and AOS Interview Letter received

01/04/11: AOS Interview..APPROVED!!!

01/13/11: Green Card Received

ROC JOURNEY

10/09/12: ROC Filed

10/12/12: Package delivered to VCS

10/17/12: Check cashed, but no NOA1 yet.

10/20/12: NOA1 hardcopy received. Dated 10/15/12

11/09/12: Biometrics Notice

12/04/12: Biometrics Done

01/04/13: 2yr GC expires

04/26/13: RFE :-(

05/22/13: REF Response Mailed

06/06/13: Text and Email update: Card production ordered!!!

06/10/13: USCIS update about card mailed!

06/12/13: CARD RECEIVED!!! dancin5hr.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

I proceded to marry her anyway in the hope that it will get better. I also put her to nursing school so that she can have a job. My expenses on her since 08/07 to date is over $15,000 just to bring her here, file for AOS and school tuition and so on.

She disapeared the day she got her first job. I have no idea where she is. I feel very very hurt but I know it will come back to hurt her also.

You can't buy love.

But you got a $15K lesson and, of course, you're still on the hook with your Affidavit of Support.

But making mistakes is only human. What counts is that you don't make the same mistake again. There are many millions of lovely Ladies in the USA already, certainly a few hundred-thousand that would rock your boat and make a wonderful spouse for you. Less hassle, much cheaper.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

It has been over a year since my last visit here on visajourney. Things have been very disappointing and heartbreaking. I met my spouse thru family members in 2007 in Ghana. After two visits to Ghana I filed for K-1 visa for her to join me because she was so vibrant, kind, full of life,....you know what I mean. It's been a very long and painful process. She arrived in April 09. The following day after her arrival, that vibrant, joyful, kind woman I fell in love with was no more. She was not talking at all and just want to be left alone. I proceded to marry her anyway in the hope that it will get better. I also put her to nursing school so that she can have a job. My expenses on her since 08/07 to date is over $15,000 just to bring her here, file for AOS and school tuition and so on.

You should file a missing person first with the police because if something happens to her they will blame you. Make sure you have receipts of where you were the time she went missing and timeline where you were and who you were with. Cross check cell phone records emails time cards from employment.

Divorce ASAP or she will get more and file for spouse support in the future. Maybe the laywer can help you so you do not lose more money in the divorce and get her visa revoked as fraud.

And take a vacation to celebrate.

10/20/2010 Mailed Priority & Confirmation I-129
10/22/2010 8:56AM I-129 Delivered
10/27/2010 Check Cashed
10/27/2010 E-Text Recieved I-129 Application
10/27/2010 NOA1 I-797 Mailed by USCIS
10/29/2010 Touched
10/30/2010 NOA1 I-797 Hard Copy Recieved
11/04/2010 Touched
03/23/2011 E-Text Recieved NOA2 Approval
03/23/2011 NOA2 I-797 Mailed by USCIS
03/26/2011 NOA2 I-797 Hard Copy Recieved
03/25/2011 NVC Received Package
03/30/2011 NVC Mailed Notice
04/02/2011 Recieved NVC Hard Copy
04/05/2011 Recieved Consulate Notice
04/05/2011 Recieved Pk3 Instructions
05/08/2011 e-mailed DS-230&DS-2100
05/08/2011 e-mail Consulate Receipt
06/06/2011 Recieved US Consulate Notice Interview June 20 2011
06/09/2011 Fiancee Recieved Pkt 4
06/09/2011 Embassy 1st Change Appointment Interview July 12 2011
06/13/2011 Embassy 2nd Change Appointment Interview July 19 2011
07/19/2011 Embassy Approved Visa
08/02/2011 Visa Recieved Domesa
10/09/2011 Married in Las Vegas
10/01/2011 Mail for I-92 Form I-102
11/20/2011 Recieved I-92 Replacement
12/04/2011 Mailed I-489 Priority
12/16/2011 USCIS mailed I-797 notice I-485 & I-765
12/20/2011 Recieved I-797 notice for I-485 & I-765
01/09/2012 USCIS mailed I-797 Biotmetrics Appointment
01/13/2012 Recieved I-797 notice for Biometrics Appointment
02/06/2012 Biometrics Appointment Oakland California
02/09/2012 USCIS mailed Approved I-765 Application with ID
02/14/2012 Recieved I-765 Approval package with ID
02/15/2012 USCIS mailed I-797 Interview Appointment
02/17/2012 Applied for Social Security Number
02/20/2012 Recieved USCIS Interview Appointment
03/20/2012 VISA APPROVED

09/20/2014 Divorce

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

She rejected you from the moment she got here but you married her anyway. Love can be so blind. Filing a missing persons report is the correct thing to do. File for divorce ASAP and after you finish crying, get on with your life.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

That is really unfortunate that this happened. Its the very thing that we all are hoping NEVER happens (whether its a marriage between to citizens or someone abroad). But I am very greatful that you were bold enough to come back and tell your story! I don't think enough people do that, but it may help the next person avoid a lot of heartache. Consider some of the suggestions that the others have made, but definatley take care of yourself. Hope that you are able to get through the healing process in due time. May Allah bless you for your stuggle.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

*Moved from US Embassy & Consulate forum to Major Family Changes forum*

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Go ahead and report to the police, something might have happened to her. Check if shes still working or not, and oh go to homelans security or any uscis office and report visa fraud so she cannot change her status after the first 2 yrs of her temporary green card, n if shes got the green card still report her to uscis so she cannot be citizen or renew her green card....this is a case of visa fraud....it makes things difficult for us who are genuine to get visas to be with our loved ones

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

This is the type of ####### that makes it so difficult to get a visa through the embassy in Ghana. I am so sorry that this has happened to you. It would be a different story if the two of you just didn't get along and agreed to separate. But to just run off on you is truly bad form and smells like the purpose was fraudulent from the beginning. You have gotten some good advice on what you should do legally to keep your situation straight in the eyes of any regulatory body - I hope you follow some of this good advice. In time, your heart will heal and new wisdom will be yours for future application. May you continue to be aware of the blessings God has bestowed upon you.

Staying strong and patient in love and faith!

http://ghanaspouse.blogspot.com/

I see you have your interview in two days!!! Good luck with it! Hope all goes well!!

Have you not had your AOS interview yet? If not, she apparently didn't think this plan of hers all the way through.

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I can only imagine what you're going through. I hope your heart mends and in time you allow yourself to live and love. Wishing you all the best. (F)

July 2007 We met in Jamaica, WI (Monetgo Bay) through mutual friends
Oct. 2010 Formally Engaged!!!!
Nov 1, 2010 Mailed I-129F to Lewisville, TX (via Fed Ex)
Nov 2, 2010 Fed Ex received by J. Cates
Nov 5, 2010 NOA1 (via email notification) off to Vermont we go!!!!!!
Nov 8, 2010 Touch and Check was cashed!!
Nov 10 2010 Touch and Hard Copy of NOA1 received
Nov 12 2010 Touch
Nov 15 2010 Touch

ROC

Sept 30. 2013 Mailing i-751

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Go ahead and report to the police, something might have happened to her. Check if shes still working or not, and oh go to homelans security or any uscis office and report visa fraud so she cannot change her status after the first 2 yrs of her temporary green card, n if shes got the green card still report her to uscis so she cannot be citizen or renew her green card....this is a case of visa fraud....it makes things difficult for us who are genuine to get visas to be with our loved ones

Guess what. When he reports this to USCIS, they will automatically suspect him of not being a good husband and it is the reason she left. Then she can claim some type of spouse abuse and be on the fast track for citizenship. Seen it happen more than once.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Guess what. When he reports this to USCIS, they will automatically suspect him of not being a good husband and it is the reason she left. Then she can claim some type of spouse abuse and be on the fast track for citizenship. Seen it happen more than once.

This is totally uncalled for as well as off-base. To suggest any such thing under the circumstances as presented is not only inaccurate, it is also unkind and callous. Regardless, the OP has not asked for your judgments or speculations. If you cannot offer something useful to this thread then it is better not to participate in it at all.

Bluehill, I am sorry for your heartache and loss. I hope you will be able to recover and get back on track with your life soon.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Actually I would think reporting would have the exact opposite effect. By reporting her as soon as possible USCIS will know to look for false claims of spousal abuse in order to get a greencard.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.