Susita

World Cup 2010

662 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Charles is a big poopy-head.

PenguinSlap.gif --goal!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

I want Argentina to win...my hubby hates Maradona - me, I kinda like his I don't give a rat's azz attitude. <shrug> I also would love to see him win because so many people hate him and think he can't do it. I actually believe that the Albicelestes (Argentine team) see him as a god and want to play their hearts out for him. It makes a big difference. This team seems to be playing with heart and I love to watch them. Who knows how far they will go in the Cup, but I am enjoying every minute of it. Oh and one other thing - if Argentina doesn't win it, I would love to see another South American team get it like Uruguay or Chile...or perish the thought...Brazil. :P hehehe

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

I want Argentina to win...my hubby hates Maradona - me, I kinda like his I don't give a rat's azz attitude. <shrug> I also would love to see him win because so many people hate him and think he can't do it. I actually believe that the Albicelestes (Argentine team) see him as a god and want to play their hearts out for him. It makes a big difference. This team seems to be playing with heart and I love to watch them. Who knows how far they will go in the Cup, but I am enjoying every minute of it. Oh and one other thing - if Argentina doesn't win it, I would love to see another South American team get it like Uruguay or Chile...or perish the thought...Brazil. :P hehehe

I used to hate Maradona, but I think he's come a long way ...I actually enjoy him a lot now and man did you see the guy train the goalies with his left foot kicks? And the tackle during the game with Nigeria??? He still has it!! The best of all time...I like the way Argentina plays, I hope they do well, I wouldn't mind seing them win, so far they are the ones who impressed me the most. Even more than Brazil who actually looked more "human" than they normally do this time around lol

I still hope the US does well, it is my second country afterall! A win is unrealistic though...

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Timeline

I used to hate Maradona, but I think he's come a long way ...I actually enjoy him a lot now and man did you see the guy train the goalies with his left foot kicks? And the tackle during the game with Nigeria??? He still has it!! The best of all time...I like the way Argentina plays, I hope they do well, I wouldn't mind seing them win, so far they are the ones who impressed me the most. Even more than Brazil who actually looked more "human" than they normally do this time around lol

I still hope the US does well, it is my second country afterall! A win is unrealistic though...

Churi - one thing that cracked me up during the last Cup was when I lived in Miami, so many Argentine expats were everywhere - like ants. You could tell as they were always wearing their striped jerseys. When Argentina lost, I was like - Oh God, what are they all going to do? No one to root for now. Well, true to form, and knowing that like 90% of Argentines are Italian, they all put on their Italian jerseys. :rofl:

Timeline

Maradona's antics have been one of the entertaining things about the world cup :lol:

No kidding! And his suit - he looks impeccable! I'm impressed. My husband, not so much. To him, Maradona is still a Negro de Mierda!!! :lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Churi - one thing that cracked me up during the last Cup was when I lived in Miami, so many Argentine expats were everywhere - like ants. You could tell as they were always wearing their striped jerseys. When Argentina lost, I was like - Oh God, what are they all going to do? No one to root for now. Well, true to form, and knowing that like 90% of Argentines are Italian, they all put on their Italian jerseys. :rofl:

LMAO!!! That is so awesome!! Also Maradona played in Italy in his prime, for Naples, I think that played a part too since he always professes his love for Italy every chance he gets. I think I really respect the way he is with the players...he acts like he is still one of them, it is beautiful to watch, really...

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Timeline

LMAO!!! That is so awesome!! Also Maradona played in Italy in his prime, for Naples, I think that played a part too since he always professes his love for Italy every chance he gets. I think I really respect the way he is with the players...he acts like he is still one of them, it is beautiful to watch, really...

Oh you can tell he is dying to run out there on the field and kick that ball. It's in his blood and he can't stand it - but that's what makes him awesome to watch. Passion!!! Every kick, every goal, every call he is just breathing this cup in.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm required by birth to not like Maradonna. :P Argentina x Brasil is always a big deal, even if we actually like each other or respect each other or whatever. It's a classic. I'd rather see them win than other countries, actually, if Brasil can't.

@Churipu - Brasil doesn't usually look human? Is that a compliment to say they play like beasts usually? :blush: And it is true, we don't have the usual stars this year, the ones with the amazing moves that stand out from the rest of the team, which I still don't know if it's good or bad, I'm not too confident in my team this year.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

A better comparison for American Football is rugby.

Football styles depend a lot on the coaching and the way the countries' leagues play the game. Some teams are very defensive (Italy), some are more attacking (England, if they have their heads on right), some are all-round exciting (Brazil of old, Argentina, maybe Spain). If you have to compare to American Football, it would be like comparing a team like the Pats, who are all offence, to the old Steelers, who were famous for their defence.

The other part is that American sport is very much averse to the notion of a draw, or a tie. Achievement is only measured by scoring and winning here. Whereas football worldwide embraces draws as part of the game and is structured so that a draw still has significance. I have seen games where a 0:0 draw, which looks like 90 minutes of nothing, was in reality 90 minutes of riveting skill capped by some outstanding goalkeeping.

At the end of the day, though, it comes down to national tastes. And the world plays football ... with their feet ;)

Ahhhhh... finally some smart words :)

Couldn't expect less... straight answer from the crib of futbol :)

Futbol is passion...

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Ahhhhh... finally some smart words :)

Couldn't expect less... straight answer from the crib of futbol :)

Futbol is passion...

Still think Maradona was playing volleyball in '86 ;)

His second goal, though, was simply sublime :thumbs:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

PenguinSlap.gif --goal!

Stop abusing us poor penguins. mad.gif

Now that the US has been screwed over for 2 goals (1 that ended up not mattering) I am totally rooting for them. I may not like their chances, but...!!!

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Timeline

The part I enjoy the most reading this is... where is the support to SUSITA? LOL :rofl:

She opened this forum for the people that was NOT interested in the world cup and being forgotten because of it... Just like we did with Susita... :blush:

POST BY SUSITA

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:42 AM

Hey wives/husbands/SO's!! Do you have a problem? Is the only channel allowed on in your house ESPN? Has your husband/wife/fiancee turned into a zombie in a trance who pays no attention to you? If the only thing they do is ask you for more beer and chips, you may join this support group.

This post has been edited by Susita: 12 June 2010 - 10:42 AM

We are awesome :)

Now I know I will not apply for "support" kind of job :) I commend you guys to do the same :)

and ... VIVA EL FUTBOL CARAJOOOOOOO!!!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

The part I enjoy the most reading this is... where is the support to SUSITA? LOL :rofl:

She opened this forum for the people that was NOT interested in the world cup and being forgotten because of it... Just like we did with Susita... :blush:

POST BY SUSITA

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:42 AM

Hey wives/husbands/SO's!! Do you have a problem? Is the only channel allowed on in your house ESPN? Has your husband/wife/fiancee turned into a zombie in a trance who pays no attention to you? If the only thing they do is ask you for more beer and chips, you may join this support group.

This post has been edited by Susita: 12 June 2010 - 10:42 AM

We are awesome :)

Now I know I will not apply for "support" kind of job :) I commend you guys to do the same :)

and ... VIVA EL FUTBOL CARAJOOOOOOO!!!

But Susita has joined the "Dark Side" and become part of the VJ Mod Squad. Any sympathy I might have had for her plight disappeared in a puff of logic the moment that happened. :hehe:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

I was not suggesting you should ditch your preference. I was addressing your generalization of America. Just wanted to remind you that even though your not a big fan of this country you are still a american.

Lets agree to disagree. What about more refs, would you be for that?

Rules are not fun if you don't brake them :)... Think about it... who like to play by the rules? If we so.. we will not need refs in first place :)

Get more referees and everyone will end up in jail :)