Susita

World Cup 2010

662 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey wives/husbands/SO's!! Do you have a problem? Is the only channel allowed on in your house ESPN? Has your husband/wife/fiancee turned into a zombie in a trance who pays no attention to you? If the only thing they do is ask you for more beer and chips, you may join this support group.

:rofl:

Edited by Susita
205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Hey wives/husbands/SO's!! Do you have a problem? Is the only channel allowed on in your house ESPN? Has your husband/wife/fiancee turned into a zombie in a trance who pays no attention to you? If the only thing they do is ask you for more beer and chips, you may join this support group.

:rofl:

I rather consider it revenge for American Idol and Dancing With The Stars :rofl:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

We've been watching it even though none of us are that into 'futbol'. I don't see why so many American football fans think it's not as exciting to watch unless you don't understand how the game is played.

We've been watching it even though none of us are that into 'futbol'. I don't see why so many American football fans think it's not as exciting to watch unless you don't understand how the game is played.

I think it's bring because all they do is run up and down the field, kick the ball, the other team gets it and does the same thing over and over and only score once or twice. If they had tackling and more of an air attack it would be more exciting.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

I think it's bring because all they do is run up and down the field, kick the ball, the other team gets it and does the same thing over and over and only score once or twice. If they had tackling and more of an air attack it would be more exciting.

That's because the two games are really incomparable. A better comparison would be basketball, except where the hoop is 30 feet high and nobody can jump high enough to dunk it.

That's because the two games are really incomparable. A better comparison would be basketball, except where the hoop is 30 feet high and nobody can jump high enough to dunk it.

That would be boring too. I'll take Kurt Warner back in his Ram days. Now that was exciting to watch.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

That would be boring too. I'll take Kurt Warner back in his Ram days. Now that was exciting to watch.

:lol: Yeah, I suppose so. I find it more fun than watching other sports, like Bass fishing or golf.

:lol: Yeah, I suppose so. I find it more fun than watching other sports, like Bass fishing or golf.

It is more fun to fish than it is to watch it. I would imagine the same would hold true for golf since I don't play. Now soccer would be exciting if they scored lots of goals. Watching people run around for an hour and seeing a 1-1 game isn't something I watch on a regular basis, although I will watch the US or Brazil play.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

A better comparison for American Football is rugby.

Football styles depend a lot on the coaching and the way the countries' leagues play the game. Some teams are very defensive (Italy), some are more attacking (England, if they have their heads on right), some are all-round exciting (Brazil of old, Argentina, maybe Spain). If you have to compare to American Football, it would be like comparing a team like the Pats, who are all offence, to the old Steelers, who were famous for their defence.

The other part is that American sport is very much averse to the notion of a draw, or a tie. Achievement is only measured by scoring and winning here. Whereas football worldwide embraces draws as part of the game and is structured so that a draw still has significance. I have seen games where a 0:0 draw, which looks like 90 minutes of nothing, was in reality 90 minutes of riveting skill capped by some outstanding goalkeeping.

At the end of the day, though, it comes down to national tastes. And the world plays football ... with their feet ;)

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Timeline

i was thinking more like hockey w/o the ice, checks, & fights. but you can usually get all of that in the stands @ a futbol match.

7yqZWFL.jpg