MelissaJulian

K1 and honeymoon

148 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm actually kind of offended that you chose to post something that infers that my fiance is abusing me. If you are honestly that worried, why didn't you send me a PM? Isn't smearing my fiance's name a form of bullying? You don't know me and you don't know Julian.

No offence but your fiance does nothing but degrade the United States. Half the people on this forum are USC including me. Your fiance is an arrogant a**h***!!! He doesn't deserve to live in a country that most of us wake up everyday greatful that we are US citizens.

09-21-2009 - Met for the first time

10-31-2009 - Visited for 5 days

12-30-2009 - visited for 11 days (informal engagement)

1-13-2010 - Mailed I129F Petition

1-15-2010 - Recieved NOA1

1-21-2010 - Touched

3-09-2010 - visiting for 6 days

3-12-2010 - Formal Engagement in Ochee

4-20-2010 - Recieved NOA2 (no previous touches)

4-22-2010 - NVC Recieved my Petition, Assigned New Case#

4-23-2010 - Case leaving NVC (have DHL tracking# so I can follow case to Kingston)

4-23-2010 - Recieved NOA2 (hard copy) in the mail

4-26-2010 - Kingston Embassy Recieved Petition (signed by Mr. Morgan)

4-25-2010 - visiting for 5 days

4-30-2010 - Kingston Embassy mailed out Packet# 3

5-3-2010 - E-Mailed Kingston Embassy DS-230

5-4-2010 - Embassy e-mailed interview date

5-26-2010 - Medical

6-6-2010 - Flying down for interview

6-8-2010 - INTERVIEW...APPROVED!!!!

6-23-2010 - VISA RECIEVED!!!

6-27-2010 - Flying down to Jamaica

06-30-2010 - POE (JFK)

09-25-2010 - WEDDING!!!

event.png

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Here I am being tarred and feathered, and yet I've not uttered a single personal insult. I've lost count of the number of you who have called me 'douche' or 'douchebag,' however. And yet I am the evil person here. So rich.

You are incorrect. I am moving here as a permanent resident. You didn't invite me, I'm not your guest. Complain to your USCIS if you have a problem.

Oh my apologies...You are here, already!!! Oh that explains the Americanized butchering of the British spelling...sorry!

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

wow...what a train wreck :(

a honeymoon is what you make of it...it can be the worst trip of your married life...or the most romantic and memorable one.

we face this same situation...and are throwing caution to the wind....going someplace I wouldn't consider in a million years. Nashville. Not for country music...but for the food and gorgeous mountain scenery...and art - something we both love.

just my opinion...I'd postpone going to any southern/eastcoast beaches for a while :S

I love your idea of camping in Yellowstone, despite it probably being tongue in cheek considering whom it was aimed at. ;)

No wedding or honeymoon for me. Yay for marrying young and poor. One day, I'd love to go to India.

ps. was there a bear involved with this icecream truck?

Well...it was only half in jest. Just throwing out ideas.

I hadn't heard about a bear being involved w/ the ice cream truck, but now that I think about it, it's hard to imagine that wildlife wasn't involved somehow.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A highly altered state is a must.

:lol: I always laugh at your comments because I read them in my head with a Julia Child-esque accent in my head and juxtaposed next to your avatar and signature, everything you say is like 1000x funnier. :rofl:

Where did this whole Joyce thing come from, anyway?

(edited to add something)

Edited by JlovesA

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Aspen is nice. yes.gif

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

I hadn't heard about a bear being involved w/ the ice cream truck, but now that I think about it, it's hard to imagine that wildlife wasn't involved somehow.

I was thinking of the scene from Borat.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Oh poo. That reference flew right over my head. :(

I wasn't kidding...they did indeed buy an old ice cream truck and fixed it up. The trip was somewhat inspired by Nice Dreams (I wouldn't have remembered the title) and the book Elvis Presley Boulevard--"Give us this day our daily Elvis." The truck was their El Basurero but a bit more reliable because one of the guys was a mechanic.

Years later, of course, Borat found similar inspiration. And I'm sure there are other movies involving ice cream trucks.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I haven't read the terms of service, but I have seen some of the room moderators participating in these threads--not this one--so I don't really think they care. But I do thank you for your civility and helpful attitude, some here could learn from your demeanor.

It's just sad that I will not be there the day you get the s**t beat out of you for being YOU. Just think of it as a welcoming to the United States.

09-21-2009 - Met for the first time

10-31-2009 - Visited for 5 days

12-30-2009 - visited for 11 days (informal engagement)

1-13-2010 - Mailed I129F Petition

1-15-2010 - Recieved NOA1

1-21-2010 - Touched

3-09-2010 - visiting for 6 days

3-12-2010 - Formal Engagement in Ochee

4-20-2010 - Recieved NOA2 (no previous touches)

4-22-2010 - NVC Recieved my Petition, Assigned New Case#

4-23-2010 - Case leaving NVC (have DHL tracking# so I can follow case to Kingston)

4-23-2010 - Recieved NOA2 (hard copy) in the mail

4-26-2010 - Kingston Embassy Recieved Petition (signed by Mr. Morgan)

4-25-2010 - visiting for 5 days

4-30-2010 - Kingston Embassy mailed out Packet# 3

5-3-2010 - E-Mailed Kingston Embassy DS-230

5-4-2010 - Embassy e-mailed interview date

5-26-2010 - Medical

6-6-2010 - Flying down for interview

6-8-2010 - INTERVIEW...APPROVED!!!!

6-23-2010 - VISA RECIEVED!!!

6-27-2010 - Flying down to Jamaica

06-30-2010 - POE (JFK)

09-25-2010 - WEDDING!!!

event.png

Aspen is nice. yes.gif

My uncle has a lake front cabin with a dock and a boat in the Ozarks. I know it sounds so quintessentially hillbilly but we LOVE going out there. If you ignore the Confederate flags and the bullet holes in the stop signs...it's really a very beautiful, peaceful place. Nothing more relaxing than taking a looong afternoon nap on the lake.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

wow...what a train wreck :(

a honeymoon is what you make of it...it can be the worst trip of your married life...or the most romantic and memorable one.

we face this same situation...and are throwing caution to the wind....going someplace I wouldn't consider in a million years. Nashville. Not for country music...but for the food and gorgeous mountain scenery...and art - something we both love.

just my opinion...I'd postpone going to any southern/eastcoast beaches for a while :S

Nashville is a great town, and there's a lot more to the local music scene than just country music. I think you'll have a blast! :thumbs:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It's just sad that I will not be there the day you get the s**t beat out of you for being YOU. Just think of it as a welcoming to the United States.

Dear me. Not what I'd expect from a Jamaican couple. Drink some more rum deary, don't worry be happy. :thumbs:

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

** Topic will remain locked due to multiple Terms of Service Violations **

Warnings have been issued/Administrative action taken and folks should be very clear, many of the types of exchanges seen in this topic will not be tolerated. We are about people helping people, not exchanging insults.

Please post responsibly or refrain from posting.

Terms of Service

Edited by Otto und Karin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.