MelissaJulian

K1 and honeymoon

148 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It just seems so unfair that everyone assumes they know what we're like, or what Julian is like, so we have to delete our accounts instead of people just not reacting to what they don't like to read! I mean, once I start posting again under another name, everyone is going to know it's me and the same thing will happen.

"It doesn't matter who you love, or how you love, but that you love"

~Robert Browning~

event.png

My blog, where I ramble on occasionally:

Melissa's Meanderings

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
the flame wars will continue
Zounds! The fyres of rebellion shalt be quencheth'd upon the obeisance of the vassal and the deference of the insouciant serf to their lords and betters. All hail Julian, verily, wot! Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It just seems so unfair that everyone assumes they know what we're like, or what Julian is like, so we have to delete our accounts instead of people just not reacting to what they don't like to read! I mean, once I start posting again under another name, everyone is going to know it's me and the same thing will happen.

The only information that we have to judge how someone is on these boards is the manner in which they post. I'm sorry Melissa if Julian comes off as a pompous arsehole on these boards and is treated as such. Maybe if he were to comport himself in a more civil manner, he would be treated better. If you make a new account, without an change in attitude, I have a feeling that most will know. It's not that hard to tell ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They assume they know what you two are like because of your very detailed blog. You invite people into your life when you provide them with all the information you've provided to the members of this site. I'm not saying I agree with what's going on, but that's what happens when you post things on the Internet. People only see one side of your relationship (for the most part) through your blog, where you write emotionally-charged entries, seemingly based on strong emotions you felt at the time. I have my own (private) blog where I do the same thing...but I don't let people I know "IRL" read it, because it's just one-sided rants.

Is it fair it's just easiest to give up and start again under a new name? No, of course not. But if you want this to go away now and you're not interested in working toward creating a better reputation for yourself here, it's the only way.

Just lie on your profile...pretend you're a guy, or that you're the foreign citizen, and not from England. No one will know.

Zounds! The fyres of rebellion shalt be quencheth'd upon the obeisance of the vassal and the deference of the insouciant serf to their lords and betters. All hail Julian, verily, wot!

rofl.gif

Where did you learn to talk like that? Can you write me a dictionary? haha

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Timeline

Is this really about my blog? I didn't expect anyone to read it. I sometimes click on people's links but I didn't expect everyone to have an opinion on my life. I'm not changing my ID and I'm not going to stop posting in my blog or edit how I sound there. It's how I work through some difficult emotions.

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

Timeline

Is this really about my blog? I didn't expect anyone to read it. I sometimes click on people's links but I didn't expect everyone to have an opinion on my life. I'm not changing my ID and I'm not going to stop posting in my blog or edit how I sound there. It's how I work through some difficult emotions.

I'm sorry if this sounds insensitive, but if you are going to post all that information on the internet, you are bringing this melodrama upon yourself. That may be how you work, but you don't need to broadcast that personal information to the world. A word document with a password would have the same cathartic effect, without all the melodrama, unless the drama and attention is in fact what you are craving.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My suggestion is that you simply give this thread a rest. You got your answers in the first few posts. If you have other questions later, simply ask them, then ignore any responses that aren't helpful to you.

good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Timeline

My suggestion is that you simply give this thread a rest. You got your answers in the first few posts. If you have other questions later, simply ask them, then ignore any responses that aren't helpful to you.

Thank you pushbrk. That seems like very wise advice. I just want to feel that I can ask a question here in the future and not get accused of being an idiot or having people give their opinions on my relationship. I am still really upset about the person who accused Julian of abusing me.

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thank you pushbrk. That seems like very wise advice. I just want to feel that I can ask a question here in the future and not get accused of being an idiot or having people give their opinions on my relationship. I am still really upset about the person who accused Julian of abusing me.

You can ask questions and get helpful answers regardless of what else you get. When you give it a rest, it will rest. You can also ask the moderators to close or even delete this thread.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

No offense Melissa, but the last several questions that you have asked are quite simple ones that if you did even a cursory search of these forums, or read the guides, you would find the answer. When Julian chimes in with his snide and condescending remarks about the U.S., he invites those criticism.

Timeline

I don't believe that.

It might take some time, but I believe MOST members are able to forgive and forget when behaviors change.

Quite right. All will be forgiven as soon as you change your behavior, I promise.

Zounds! The fyres of rebellion shalt be quencheth'd upon the obeisance of the vassal and the deference of the insouciant serf to their lords and betters. All hail Julian, verily, wot!

:rofl: I have need of a Squire when I arrive in the Colonies, say the word and the job is yours my good man!

You can ask questions and get helpful answers regardless of what else you get. When you give it a rest, it will rest. You can also ask the moderators to close or even delete this thread.

It's easy for you to say this because it's not you or your fiancee being so savagely attached. Can you say that you'd just let an attack on your fiancee or yourself go so easily?

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

Timeline

No offense Melissa, but the last several questions that you have asked are quite simple ones that if you did even a cursory search of these forums, or read the guides, you would find the answer. When Julian chimes in with his snide and condescending remarks about the U.S., he invites those criticism.

Untwist your knickers, I said I didn't want to vacation in the US and I answered the question when asked why. You people invited the discussion, it wasn't forced on you. Cripes, I knew Americans were touchy but I at least thought you'd be off the dummy by now.

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Quite right. All will be forgiven as soon as you change your behavior, I promise.

:rofl: I have need of a Squire when I arrive in the Colonies, say the word and the job is yours my good man!

It's easy for you to say this because it's not you or your fiancee being so savagely attached. Can you say that you'd just let an attack on your fiancee or yourself go so easily?

Personal attacks are a violation of terms of service here. I would deal with them through the moderators rather than responding in kind.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Personal attacks are a violation of terms of service here. I would deal with them through the moderators rather than responding in kind.

I haven't read the terms of service, but I have seen some of the room moderators participating in these threads--not this one--so I don't really think they care. But I do thank you for your civility and helpful attitude, some here could learn from your demeanor.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.