Susita

Dieting and Weight Loss

195 posts in this topic

Is this from his Fat Smash Diet book? That's the one I have but it's been a year since I read it.

The four day diet book

2005---We met by friend/Church member that was living in Nigeria

2006---We begin to talk about getting married

2007---I was going to met him face to face, but hurt my back couldn't walk..

2009---Was able to see each for the first time.. I got my engagement ring (WOW).. :wow:

2010-01-22 mailed I129f

2010-01-26 got NOA1

2010-05-12 called to see why no NOA2, I was told that our case is not being processed yet!!!!! No notes in the computer

other then the mailing of the NOA1!!!!!!! :angry:

2010-05-18 called SERVICE CENTER again to see what's going on with our case.. NOT BEING PROCESSED YET I WAS TOLD AGAIN!!!

2010-06-16 Got notice that NOA2 was approved 141 days after NOA1. We got our approval on Ossy's Birthday.. Happy birthday honey, I love you!!!!

2010-06-21 got NOA2 in hand

2010-06-22 called NVC to see if papers was there, but was told that my DOB was not right in the system. Just mailed a letter along with a copy of my birth certificate asking to change my DOB.. Way to go VCS..

2010-06-22 NVC received the case

2010-06-23 Case sent to Embassy in Barbados

2010-06-28 Embassy received our case

2010-08-09 Interview Administrative Review

2010-11-15 Approved for Visa (I was on the mission to make sure the INTERVIEWER that we had never interviewed anyone else and I did it).. Know that you have right and don't let the interviewer cross the line..

2010-12-10 Visa and Passport in hand!!! Thank God!!!

2010-12-19 Ossy will enter the States!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

The problem with low carb diets is that you will hit a plateau as well as your energy levels will diminish. Complex carbohydrates are terrific for the body and should be about 60% of our daily caloric intake.

Brown Rice, Whole Grain Breads, Whole Wheat pasta, leafy greens.

Yeah... I'm just not that big on whole wheat, brown rice etc. though I do a lot of veggies. I'm a sugarholic and have noticed since I quit eating as much carbs that I also don't crave them as much anymore which is great. Before I went low carb I used to replace lunch and dinner with candy :bonk: as long as I counted my calories I still lost weight but it sure was a lot of empty calories and zero nutritional value.

05-02-2004 Met in Östersund, Sweden
09-07-2007 Got married in Eden Gardens State Park, Santa Rosa Beach, FL

*************************************************************************************************

AOS

11-02-2007 - Filed

03-14-2008 - Green Card received

*************************************************************************************************

Lifting of Conditions

02-08-2010 - Filed

06-21-2010 - Green Card received

N-400

06-24-2017 - N-400 package sent via EFile

06-24-2017 - Payment received via credit card

07-01-2017 - Appointment notice received

07-19-2017 - Biometrics appointment in Atlanta, GA

08-04-2017 - Case updated. Interview scheduled. 

"Whither thou goest I will go, whither thou lodgest I will lodge,
Thy people shall be my people, And thy God my God." ~ Ruth 1:16

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Yes! The sugary drinks are a problem. I buy the fruitables drinks and the V8 fusion, mostly because my son Jonathan won't have anything to do with vegetables unless I fight with him and force him to eat them. Since I only have the energy to do that once a day, I like him to drink those drinks because they have a serving of veggies in them. Better that than nothing I guess.

I have whole wheat pasta but my husband will have nothing to do with brown rice. I can't see making 2 different pots of rice for a meal so I just eat a serving and that's it. I have whole grain bread, english muffins and wraps that I like to eat. The boys have whole grain white bread.

I make myself salads all the time and I made one with romaine escarole and spinach the other day. I made Luis try it and he said "why don't you just eat the grass from outside... this is what this tastes like." :lol:

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Something that has helped me a lot was identifying a brown rice pasta that tastes just as good as regular pasta. I finally found it: Tinkyada. I tried a number of different brands and this was the only one that was the real deal.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Yeah... I'm just not that big on whole wheat, brown rice etc. though I do a lot of veggies. I'm a sugarholic and have noticed since I quit eating as much carbs that I also don't crave them as much anymore which is great. Before I went low carb I used to replace lunch and dinner with candy :bonk: as long as I counted my calories I still lost weight but it sure was a lot of empty calories and zero nutritional value.

:lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I've been doing p90x and a bit of Insanity. I mostly do the cardio and yoga (yoga makes me sweat then all the other vids) I take this wieght loss pill called zantrex 3..makes me sweat like crazy...i haven't changed my diet yet..

Filed: Timeline

hmmm...I need to lose weight...like 15lbs but not until I'm back home from this vacation. Right now I'm watching what I eat but not going to the gym. I walk everywhere over here so I don't really need to work out too. I will join you in august suzy :)

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Sounds good Amby since I most likely will be dieting for the next year or 2 :lol:

It's so much easier to diet at work since I can't be tempted with my refridgerator. Plus the cafeteria food here is nasty.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Is Dr. Ian's diet material copyrighted? as in 'not cool to repost anywhere' ?

----

I started a diet in January, 1000 calories a day - 10 fat grams -

breakfast and lunch were veggie juices made in my juicer

supper was a salad with red vinegar and 80 g of hard tofu.

(cabbage juice tastes like @ss, btw)

3 months go by, I drop 40 pounds, can exercise again. Yay !

shifted to 1500 calories a day, 15 fat grams - stayed on same diet, increased protein to 120 g of tofu.

may 1st, total weight loss 69 pounds, shift over to SouthBeach Diet.

Man it's great to eat other food again. Exercise regimen continued.

Yesterdays weigh in - 189. I started at 264 on Jan 1st.

Exercise Regimen - P90X.

I am male, mid 40's - usually sedentary due to prior work, USED to get out and garden like a fiend, kept my weight at 220, consistently, until Feb of last year, then ballooned up, always thinking 'When I finish this project, I'll get out and exercise'. 11 projects go by, I'm still nailed to a chair. Had a health checkup late December - borderline diabetic, blood pressure a mess, yadda yadda.

I'm going in for June checkup on Wednesday, but May's checkup was really good - blood pressure issues gone, no sign of diabetes...

Why is it my reproductive organ seems longer? OH YEA - the fat around it is GONE !!!!

My waistline moved from 46 to 34 - I even pulled out the old wardrobe... YUM !!!

----

but - no beer, only a glass of red wine sometimes - nothing with processed sugar or hfcs, no chinese food, NO SINGAPURA FOOD (THIS WAS THE MOST SUCKY PART, btw, as I am a fiend for Singapura food) and I had to change my bread intake so drastically. sheesh... so - no sandwiches .. can you imagine? NO FRICKIN SANDWICHES.... Oh yeah - no pizza either.

----

If I get a great checkup this week, I'm celebrating by cooking a zuccini squash n ground turkey casserole. Not eating it, mind you - only cooking it. I'll probably have 100 g of it, with a huge salad.

I like SouthBeach Diet a lot - the menus are incredible. It's good I know how to cook, ah ?

My wife likes the new me, as well.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I loved the concept of the South Beach diet - I didn't go on it fully, just incorporated cutting out those items with a high GI from my diet. I need to do that again.

But 1000 cal/day? That seems dangerously low...even 1500 seems awful low.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

I loved the concept of the South Beach diet - I didn't go on it fully, just incorporated cutting out those items with a high GI from my diet. I need to do that again.

But 1000 cal/day? That seems dangerously low...even 1500 seems awful low.

How about the "Andy Griffith Diet" - also known as the "RFD?"

"Refrigerator Free Diet"

If you saw Elia Kazan's "A Face In the Crowd" you'd know why ol' Andy could sell you just about anything...

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

I recently started Weight Watchers and for once in my life I feel really good about it. I just feel like watching and making good decisions is easier now. For instance, yesterday, we were at a hotel with a lovely breakfast buffet. I made a huge fruit plate with a scoop of cottage cheese and high fiber fruits like blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, watermelon and pineapple, and a slice of whole wheat toast. I then went back and got bacon, sausage, a biscuit with gravy and a little scrambled eggs. I wanted the bad stuff but I just had like a taste of everything so that I wouldn't "miss" it. I also like to count my points - makes me feel in control. Last week I had a slice of chocolate cake - 8 points. It was totally worth it and after I had my slice I didn't even think about touching the last piece all week long. I lost 4.5 lbs and I feel successful. :star:

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the diet info, O & C!

Wow, Darnell. That's amazing. Congratulations!

Good for you, Staashi! 4.5 lbs in one week is fantastic.

Thanks for the heads up on the brown rice pasta, Maven. I'll give it a try.

Dear Diary:

Day 1 of my weight loss plan. 2 hours in. No weight lost. Will try to be patient.

iagree.gif

I dont have any weight to lose, but I'd like to join this thread anyway.

My husband was recently diagonized with borderline diabetes & cholesterol. I have been working with him to lose weight. We have come to realize that we can't live like college kids anymore. Usually after a hectic day, we would order pizza and eat it on the balcony or in front of the TV with a bottle of wine. If I did feel like cooking, it would be some hastily thrown together ramen with ground beef & stir-fried veggies. Our idea of healthy meal was popeyes fried chicken over salad with ranch. Most of our meals were always take-outs unless my mom or my mother-in-law dropped by with some home-cooked food.

So after my husbands diagnosis, we didnt make any drastic changes but we did change our attitude towards food. I have started cooking at home more often and I think I am starting to enjoy it . I threw out all the packets of ramen, pasta and pre-packaged food from my pantry. I make every meal from scratch. I make more salads, soups, veggies, chicken and fish. I cut out lamb & beef from the menu. Stopped buying bread or anything that had HCFS. We do eat out like once a week, but we stopped eating at chain restaurants like Applebees or Chillis, and instead try to find mom-and-pop restaurants. Since March, my husband has gone from 222 lbs to 206lbs and his waist is down from 36in to 34in. The weight loss is very gradual because we didnt do anything drastic but he is losing weight just from a lifestyle change.

Meals are now our "together time" rather than a chore. Our favorite part of the day is coming home from work, and sharing a pot of tea and splitting a muffin while we talk about our day.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I dont have any weight to lose, but I'd like to join this thread anyway.

My husband was recently diagonized with borderline diabetes & cholesterol. I have been working with him to lose weight. We have come to realize that we can't live like college kids anymore. Usually after a hectic day, we would order pizza and eat it on the balcony or in front of the TV with a bottle of wine. If I did feel like cooking, it would be some hastily thrown together ramen with ground beef & stir-fried veggies. Our idea of healthy meal was popeyes fried chicken over salad with ranch. Most of our meals were always take-outs unless my mom or my mother-in-law dropped by with some home-cooked food.

So after my husbands diagnosis, we didnt make any drastic changes but we did change our attitude towards food. I have started cooking at home more often and I think I am starting to enjoy it . I threw out all the packets of ramen, pasta and pre-packaged food from my pantry. I make every meal from scratch. I make more salads, soups, veggies, chicken and fish. I cut out lamb & beef from the menu. Stopped buying bread or anything that had HCFS. We do eat out like once a week, but we stopped eating at chain restaurants like Applebees or Chillis, and instead try to find mom-and-pop restaurants. Since March, my husband has gone from 222 lbs to 206lbs and his waist is down from 36in to 34in. The weight loss is very gradual because we didnt do anything drastic but he is losing weight just from a lifestyle change.

Meals are now our "together time" rather than a chore. Our favorite part of the day is coming home from work, and sharing a pot of tea and splitting a muffin while we talk about our day.

That's awesome. :thumbs: Is his blood sugar normal now? Yeah, restaurant food is notoriously high in salt, fat and sugar.

Dr. Oz has a grocery list of foods we should be buying and eating on a regular basis.