Gary and Alla

Let's really do something

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Lookie here who is a racist.

We have spent more than a hundred years to insure really good working conditions for people in the USA. Minimum wage, workman's comp., unemployment insurance, Social Security, all sorts of fringe benefits, family and medical leave, laws against sexual harrassment, OSHA to prevent accidents and protect workers. Who is against this? Liberals? YES!!!!!!! Racists? YES.

Lets face it, the ONLY reason the vast majority of illegals are even here or even want to come here is for work. The ONLY reason US employers hire them is to avoid ALL the laws we have put in place to protect workers. And people that are opposed to stopping illegal immigration, are in fact, in favor of helping employers pocket bigger profits by abusing and exploiting illegal workers.

What good is it to defend someones 4th amendment right and then send him up on a roof for 11 hours a day without a safety harness, without gloves, without safety shoes? Pay him $3 per hour, no benefits, no rest periods and if he falls? We can get more where he came from, too bad for him and his family as he really doesn't even "exist". You insist on academic 4th amendment rights and condemn someone to exploitation. Brilliant. Some kind of "advocate" you are.

When (never) we want to get serious, we will impose penalties on employers that will make it impossible, economically, to risk employing illegal workers. When we do that the illegals will self deport. When we enforce ourlaws to ask for ID when government benefits are applied for, ask for ID wjen medical treatmentr is sought, ask for ID when education is sought...the illegals will self deport. No fences needed. No random checks needed, no violation of the 4th amendment and it is entirely for the GOOD of the illegals and to enforce the labor laws which are in effect in this country.

It is the most hypocritical and RACIST position to assume that workman's comp is for white people. It is racist to condemn people to abuse and exploitation. It is racist to tolerate a system that generates human smuggling under horrible conditions.

Two years ago, 2 brothers in Burlington VT were charged with all sorts of crimes committed against other people. What did they do? They employed 21 Chinese illegal immigrants in their 6 restaraunts. They paid for them to get here, they gave them a home (all 21 men and women living in one home with one bathroom) they gave them jobs. They witheld ALL their earnings to re-pay what the illegals "owed". They "allowed" the women to earn more toward paying off what they "owed" by...wait for it...performing sexual acts for other employees, the owners, the owners friends, etc., etc. The women couldn't report it because they were illegal. The men couldn't report being underpaid because they were illegal. The 2 brothers threatened them with all sorts of violence if the reported it to anyone. THIS is what can happen in an unregulated employment. I bet they were WISHING someone would check their green cards, They were finally freed when a neighbor called a local newspaper to report the strange comings and goings at the home where they lived. Why not call the police? She had, and the house was located adjacent to the Police Depertment parking lot, but the city fancies itself a "sanctuary city" abd will not "bother" illegal immigrants. They are so not-racist. How wonderfully liberal of them. The newspaper reported finally got the workers to speak up and it was reported to the Labor Dept. The house had fire and safety code violations too numerous to list, but again, the rules for safety do not apply to illegals in a snactuary city, we have to leave them alone. we cannot interfere with their rights and to check their ID is...racist.

It is the height of hypocrisy that a person would support all of the labor and employment laws we have, and look the other way so greedy employers can pocket more cash by exploiting illegals that cannot complain. None of you would accept this treatment of your immigrant spouses and do not even try to tell me you would. But you accept it for Mexicans. Sickening.

Whenever y'all want do DO something about illegal immigration. let your representatives know you want people employing illegals severly punished, a oppressive tax would be good, that way we could confiscate their property to pay the tax. Until then you are just one form of racist or another. One wants to throw out people with dark skin and the other wants to keep them here so they can be exploited. Take your pick.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey Gary - just checking in. Despite any prior arguments from me - I'm WITH YOU on this posit of yours.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Great write up Gary and so damn true.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

clap.gif

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Bottomline is!

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

Tain't no easy answer.

The easy answer would be to stop making a mockery of the Law and people who generally believe in it.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Whenever y'all want do DO something about illegal immigration, let your representatives know you want people employing illegals severely punished, an oppressive tax would be good, that way we could confiscate their property in addition to pay the tax. Until then you are just one form of racist or another. One wants to throw out people with dark skin and the other wants to keep them here so they can be exploited. Take your pick.

Just a little change, but you're reasoning is on the mark. :thumbs:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

So why does no-one in Washington, left or right, understand this?

I am wondering if it's anything to do with agriculture? I get the feeling that part of the reason the agri business is heavily subsidised is the political and actual inherent danger of not producing food on US soil - and in some agri business the cost is heavily dependent on labour. I do not know enough about it though.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

ITA :thumbs:

Make it impossible for an illegal to find work and they will just go home. I realize that they just want to earn a living and take care of their family just like us but the way they are being treated is less than the American way. I would love to see the penalties for hiring an illegal to be so harsh for the employer it isn't worth the risk. I would then like to see a visa class for unskilled workers that the migrant workers could qualify for. Regulate and inspect the work sites, make them pay taxes and give them the same protections that all other workers get.

Filed: Other Timeline

They do understand it, but The (dumb) People do not. And since enforcing immigration law is not generally accepted, it may cost politicians who touch it votes. That's why they stay away from it.

Hey . . .can I hijack this thread and quickly ask for some personal advice? (I've never done this before.)

Our 20-1/2 year old daughter has a boyfriend for a few months now. He's a hard working, self-supporting, intelligent, considerate guy who treats her with respect. My wife suggested that we invite the two to go out with us to dinner, to get to know him a bit better. We had planed to go to B.F. Chang, my favorite Chinese restaurant tonight. Yesterday our daughter tells us that this restaurant would not work as its corporate offices are in Arizona and they are boycotting Arizona. #######?

I really would like to stand my ground as I love B.F. Chang and do not see any merit in not going to a Chinese restaurant in California, and I'm paying for all of it anyway. Might come to a huge fight with my wife though and I may have to sleep on the couch. What's YOUR opinion?

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915