23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hey all,

After eight months navigating the complex, often bewildering, and occasionally infuriating waters of US immigration, I've been granted a CR-1 visa to join my beautiful Ashley in Massachusetts :dance::dance::dance:

For all the support, guidance, and encouragement I've received here, thank you very very much from both of us. I'm pretty convinced the support system VJ offers helped us keep our sanity at times :wacko::thumbs:

I promise I'll fill in my timeline as soon as I get home and catch up on sleep (I'm writing this from a cybercafe at the airport in Caracas, waiting for my flight to Maracaibo, my hometown), but here's a description of the process, including the questions I was asked:

According to my appointment letter, I was to show up at 7:45am. However, I wanted to arrive early and was there by seven sharp. I went through a line to get my letter and identity verified, and then through a longer one to verify I wasn't carrying anything I wasn't supposed to carry. I had to empty my pockets and take off my jacket, but no metal detectors yet. Time elapsed: about 30 minutes.

I was then sent to another line, leading to the main waiting area outdoors, where the tourist visa applicants get sorted. I was told that once I gained entrance to his area, I could jump the line and go through security. I'm pretty sure I got the evil eye from a couple people as I was waved in after showing my IV access ticket. Went through two security checkpoints, both times having my belongings going through X-rays and myself through a metal detector. Total time: about 10 minutes.

I was then ushered into the IV section, which is simply a series of window booths a bit apart from the booths used for tourist visas. I took a ticket and discovered I was fourth in line. "I'll be done in a flash", I thought. Nice thought :P

We waited for about an hour until embassy personnel arrived to do the initial documents checkup. Well, the people in line ahead of me turned out to be an investor visa applicant, with tons of financial documents to check, and dual citizenship for both him and his wife, three countries total. They took about 45 minutes to be done with their checkup. Then, there was a family of four. Another half hour, though their time overlapped with the first couple's (there were two officers checking documents). Then there was a married couple, and finally it was my turn. The guy initially couldn't find our marriage act, and asked if I had brought it in, but I told him it was in the package he had, and he found it after looking for a few more seconds. Very polite guy, but very serious and business-like. I was given a sheet of paper explaining the implications of the oath I had taken on my DS-230.

After another half hour or so, the interviewing officer arrived. She was a young American woman, blond and with a friendly face. Again, she took a long time checking the investor's papers, and the she called them over for their interview. After about 10 minutes she congratulated them on getting their visas approved. She told them they would be delivered in about two weeks. The man asked about picking them up in person, but I didn't catch the CO's answer.

The family of four was called next. Their interview wasn't very long, but again, their papers were checked again before any questions were asked. They were approved also.

Just as I was preparing to be interviewed after the married couple I mentioned earlier, I realized the docs she was now sifting through were mine. She called my name after a few minutes, and asked me if I had understood the oath document I have been given to read, and if I had any questions. When I said I understood, she started the interview. She spoke perfect Spanish, she asked me the following questions (in the order I remember them):

-What's your full name?

-When were you born?

-When did you guys get married?

-Is it the first marriage for both of you?

-Any children?

She then switched to English and asked me "Do you speak English, or does she speak Spanish?" I answered in English that we communicate in English, but that she's learning Spanish. She said "Ah, ok" and switched back to Spanish.

-Where was your wife born?

-What does she do for a living?

She then asked about my evidence. My wife had included wedding pics in her I-130, so she asked if I had any pics from other situations. I told her that I didn't, as we're not big on pics. I was kicking myself for not thinking of taking more pics when she was here, but she didn't seem concerned. She asked for email/char evidence and I proudly gave her my mammoth 150-page+ archive, and she only looked through a few of them before handing it back. I didn't get a chance to show the letters from my in-laws and mother, or the snail mail.

She told me "your visa is approved, I'm giving you a ticket so you can go pay the delivery fee. You'll receive it in about 2 weeks". She smiled, asked if I had any questions, and then wished me a good day :) It took all of my self-control not to do a jig on my way out :P

While I paid the delivery fee (60 Bolivars, for any Venezuelans reading), I asked the clerk how long it would be. He said about a week. So I'm hoping for a week or less (a friend received his passport back in three days last December, though it was a tourist visa and maybe not an indicator for my case), but ready for two :P I decided to pick it up at their local office in Maracaibo, hoping it will speed up the process, instead of waiting for home delivery. I was given a tracking number, and they said they would notify me when it arrived.

So that's my tale. I woke up knowing we had done everything right, dotted every i and crossed every t, but of course, the nerves don't really go away until you hear the magic word. I had no idea how stressed I had been lately till the CO told me "la visa ha sido aprobada" :)

Once again, VJ, thank you!!! :dance::thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Super congrats, man! My wife's was a little more anti-climactic:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry3624199

Congrats!!!!

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey all,

After eight months navigating the complex, often bewildering, and occasionally infuriating waters of US immigration, I've been granted a CR-1 visa to join my beautiful Ashley in Massachusetts :dance::dance::dance:

For all the support, guidance, and encouragement I've received here, thank you very very much from both of us. I'm pretty convinced the support system VJ offers helped us keep our sanity at times :wacko::thumbs:

I promise I'll fill in my timeline as soon as I get home and catch up on sleep (I'm writing this from a cybercafe at the airport in Caracas, waiting for my flight to Maracaibo, my hometown), but here's a description of the process, including the questions I was asked:

According to my appointment letter, I was to show up at 7:45am. However, I wanted to arrive early and was there by seven sharp. I went through a line to get my letter and identity verified, and then through a longer one to verify I wasn't carrying anything I wasn't supposed to carry. I had to empty my pockets and take off my jacket, but no metal detectors yet. Time elapsed: about 30 minutes.

I was then sent to another line, leading to the main waiting area outdoors, where the tourist visa applicants get sorted. I was told that once I gained entrance to his area, I could jump the line and go through security. I'm pretty sure I got the evil eye from a couple people as I was waved in after showing my IV access ticket. Went through two security checkpoints, both times having my belongings going through X-rays and myself through a metal detector. Total time: about 10 minutes.

I was then ushered into the IV section, which is simply a series of window booths a bit apart from the booths used for tourist visas. I took a ticket and discovered I was fourth in line. "I'll be done in a flash", I thought. Nice thought :P

We waited for about an hour until embassy personnel arrived to do the initial documents checkup. Well, the people in line ahead of me turned out to be an investor visa applicant, with tons of financial documents to check, and dual citizenship for both him and his wife, three countries total. They took about 45 minutes to be done with their checkup. Then, there was a family of four. Another half hour, though their time overlapped with the first couple's (there were two officers checking documents). Then there was a married couple, and finally it was my turn. The guy initially couldn't find our marriage act, and asked if I had brought it in, but I told him it was in the package he had, and he found it after looking for a few more seconds. Very polite guy, but very serious and business-like. I was given a sheet of paper explaining the implications of the oath I had taken on my DS-230.

After another half hour or so, the interviewing officer arrived. She was a young American woman, blond and with a friendly face. Again, she took a long time checking the investor's papers, and the she called them over for their interview. After about 10 minutes she congratulated them on getting their visas approved. She told them they would be delivered in about two weeks. The man asked about picking them up in person, but I didn't catch the CO's answer.

The family of four was called next. Their interview wasn't very long, but again, their papers were checked again before any questions were asked. They were approved also.

Just as I was preparing to be interviewed after the married couple I mentioned earlier, I realized the docs she was now sifting through were mine. She called my name after a few minutes, and asked me if I had understood the oath document I have been given to read, and if I had any questions. When I said I understood, she started the interview. She spoke perfect Spanish, she asked me the following questions (in the order I remember them):

-What's your full name?

-When were you born?

-Any children?

She then switched to English and asked me "Do you speak English, or does she speak Spanish?" I answered in English that we communicate in English, but that she's learning Spanish. She said "Ah, ok" and switched back to Spanish.

She then asked about my evidence. My wife had included wedding pics in her I-130, so she asked if I had any pics from other situations. I told her that I didn't, as we're not big on pics. I was kicking myself for not thinking of taking more pics when she was here, but she didn't seem concerned. She asked for email/char evidence and I proudly gave her my mammoth 150-page+ archive, and she only looked through a few of them before handing it back. I didn't get a chance to show the letters from my in-laws and mother, or the snail mail.

She told me "your visa is approved, I'm giving you a ticket so you can go pay the delivery fee. You'll receive it in about 2 weeks". She smiled, asked if I had any questions, and then wished me a good day :) It took all of my self-control not to do a jig on my way out :P

While I paid the delivery fee (60 Bolivars, for any Venezuelans reading), I asked the clerk how long it would be. He said about a week. So I'm hoping for a week or less (a friend received his passport back in three days last December, though it was a tourist visa and maybe not an indicator for my case), but ready for two :P I decided to pick it up at their local office in Maracaibo, hoping it will speed up the process, instead of waiting for home delivery. I was given a tracking number, and they said they would notify me when it arrived.

So that's my tale. I woke up knowing we had done everything right, dotted every i and crossed every t, but of course, the nerves don't really go away until you hear the magic word. I had no idea how stressed I had been lately till the CO told me "la visa ha sido aprobada" :)

CONGRATS!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congratulations!

:dance:

Can't wait til it's my turn

:whistle:

CR1

04-22-2009: I-130 Delivered

04-27-2009: I-130 NOA1

11-03-2009: I-130 Approved

11-09-2009: NOA2 hard copy received in mail

NVC never received our case

07-20-2010: INFOPASS = Immigration officer tell us to file for AOS instead

AOS - from B2 visa

09-21-2010: I-485, I-765 and I-131 Delivered

09-27-2010: NOA1

10-27-2010: Biometrics

11-23-2010: I-131 approved

11-26-2010: I-765 approved

01-25-2011: Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Big Congrats!!!! :thumbs:

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

congrats on ur approval. i cant wait til my turn feb 25 in kingston and iam soooooooo nervous. i guess my pressure is 144/ 100 just reading the different questions consular asks. realize the co asked u for the email chats but i dont have any chats log. i do have over three folders of phone bills. lol, i have insurance, western union receipts and pictures gallore.

Congratulations! I wish you a speedy delivery of your visa and a safe trip to America!!!

Shoot for the moon - even if you miss, you'll land among the stars...

AOS completed in 11/2009

ROC completed in 06/2012
Received BBG from Germany in 02/2013

Passed N-400 interview and civics test 06/07/2013

Oath ceremony some time in July

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Great review! Congratulations on your approval. :dance:

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations and good luck with everything else!

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Nice info and CONGRATULATIONS!! I am hoping my interview will be as easy as yours.

Be well!! and long live to the both of you.

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

Congratulations!!! ^___^

F & J

I-130 / IR-5 TIMELINE (Petition for Mother)

2016/11/14 — I-130 sent via USPS Priority Mail Express 1-Day

2016/11/15 — I-130 delivered at 11:20 am in PHOENIX, AZ 85034 to BANK ONE, signed for by J LOPEZ; Priority Date  |  2016/11/17 Receipt Date

2016/11/18 I-797C Notice Date; USCIS Acceptance Confirmation Email, case routed to Nebraska Service Center  |  2016/11/21I-797C Postmark

2017/01/18 I-797 Approval Notice Date  |  2017/01/19I-797 Postmark  |  2017/01/23 I-797 Approval Notice hard copy received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hey all,

-What's your full name?

-When were you born?

-Any children?

congratulation on your visa :thumbs::dance::star:(F)

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.