Unbelievable!

318 posts in this topic

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Mox, I'm not insane. I got pissed off because no one bothered to read what I wrote carefully. Again, I am writing this: why would I want to make accusations like this and generalizations about my own native land? Seriously? But this stuff does exist...case in point.

I wrote about a book called Capitalism's Achilles Heel. This is a GREAT book to read about corruption that goes on all over the world. I know the author personally and did the research about Russia in it. This is how I know a lot of the stuff that I wrote about. The situation is dire, not as rosy as people make it seem. Also, let's be honest. Organized crime is a huge problem.Some people are naive enough to say that it was stamped out when the new Russian Federation came into existence. But no, that's not true.

Russia is a wonderful, big, fearsome country but has way too many problems to deal with. They are basically struggling to reattain the status they had when they were the USSR. But they are smart and vicious people, they will pull through. I mean, take a picture of Moscow in 1994 and then one from today and compare...the progress is amazing!!

I like those Russian honey cookies with white powdered sugar on them....

I don't like how sour cream is prevalent in so many meals in the villages though :D

And I can't get this ridiculous song out of my head:

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Timeline
By the way, everyone has Russian fonts on their keyboard. You just have to learn how to use them.

It just shows how "computer" savvy she is :whistle:

(I had to edit the gender ... sorry)

there's no need to be mean and petty!

By the way, everyone has Russian fonts on their keyboard. You just have to learn how to use them.

you mean switching the language bar and then endlessly trying to figure out which key goes for which letter? alright fine, if it bothers you that much i will.

почему должен Вы люди быть настолько мелким и жестоким?

like this?

notice i used "Vi" .....just to try to be formal.

God, you are so petty and nitpicky..are you like this in real life?

Timeline:

TBC....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well yeah...but then she'd also have to know how to speak Russian.

does it work the same way like when I switch the keyboard to respond to Spanish letters?

I think so. I haven't used Spanish specifically. But on all Windows computers, you just go into the control panel and enable the languages that you want. Then, you can switch through them by pressing alt+shift. I'm pretty sure that macs and linux have similar functions, but I don't know how they work.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
I thought you were leaving. But hey, feel free to stay, it's been kinda slow around here. And honestly, if you want to quit being insane then you're welcome to stay and talk about Russian stuff, guns, pie, and how Slim might be bringing on the apocalypse. Up to you.

I said SOME of the population

ER what you fail to understand is that by the way you crafted your original statement, you made it seem that SOME meant MOST behave in the manner you described. What continue to fail to understand is that MOST Russians are not that way and that today's Russia is very different than the one you lived in.

Yes there are some, meaning a few or a minor amount, of scammers out there, but there are those to be found in every country.

Russian people today are very proud of their country and most have carved a decent life for themselves. This is what I have found and what I have seen.

The emotional responses by some of us here are just an extension of that Russian pride. I would suggest you just drop your continued rantings and leave us to bask in our pride.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It just shows how "computer" savvy she is :whistle:

(I had to edit the gender ... sorry)

there's no need to be mean and petty!

you mean switching the language bar and then endlessly trying to figure out which key goes for which letter? alright fine, if it bothers you that much i will.

почему должен Вы люди быть настолько мелким и жестоким?

like this?

notice i used "Vi" .....just to try to be formal.

God, you are so petty and nitpicky..are you like this in real life?

I'm not trying to be petty or cruel. I'm just pointing out that in order to claim an accurate view of a country, having been there isn't enough. You should be able to create a couple sentences without glaring grammatical errors. By the way, your second try isn't much better. "You people," isn't a construction that is used in Russian. And if it was, it would require plural long and short form adjectives. These errors may seem petty to you, but it's like saying "I are" and "You is" in English. People don't take you seriously.

Timeline
I thought you were leaving. But hey, feel free to stay, it's been kinda slow around here. And honestly, if you want to quit being insane then you're welcome to stay and talk about Russian stuff, guns, pie, and how Slim might be bringing on the apocalypse. Up to you.

I said SOME of the population

ER what you fail to understand is that by the way you crafted your original statement, you made it seem that SOME meant MOST behave in the manner you described. What continue to fail to understand is that MOST Russians are not that way and that today's Russia is very different than the one you lived in.

Yes there are some, meaning a few or a minor amount, of scammers out there, but there are those to be found in every country.

Russian people today are very proud of their country and most have carved a decent life for themselves. This is what I have found and what I have seen.

The emotional responses by some of us here are just an extension of that Russian pride. I would suggest you just drop your continued rantings and leave us to bask in our pride.

I was in Russia 2 months ago. Went to Abkhazia to hit the beach. I don't need to speak Russian on a daily basis. Excuse me if my Russian isn't as good as yours! Living in the US made it retarded. I bow to your awesomeness.

*I think I have a crush on you*

Timeline:

TBC....

Filed: Timeline
Mox, I'm not insane. I got pissed off because no one bothered to read what I wrote carefully. Again, I am writing this: why would I want to make accusations like this and generalizations about my own native land? Seriously? But this stuff does exist...case in point.

Okay, if you really want to know why you are being "misunderstood," here's what I read:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=3126282

Well, even if some of the accusations here against Russian women were true...if you look at the vast poverty and horrible conditions in which they live in, you'd see that many of them feel that there's no other way out. There are Russian/Ukrainian/etc prostitutes ALL OVER THE WORLD. Why? Easy money, an escape from their crappy lives...and why do many of these women marry outside their ethnicity? Well, the stereotype goes that a majority of Russian men indulge heavily in gambling, beating their families, and drinking. So they'd prefer to find someone who didn't do any of the above. At least that's some of the excuses many of them give.

Note: you didn't say "...in which many of them live..." or "...in which some of them live...", you said "...in which they live." Maybe it's not what you intended to write, but it's what you wrote.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=3126335

2) I don't see how I was stereotyping. I was GIVING AN EXAMPLE OF THE ASSUMPTIONS that people have worldwide about Russians. Please reread carefully what I wrote. I know we'd all like to appear all Gandhi-like and holier than thou when it comes to such topics, but truth of the matter is that stereotypes exist for a reason. I lived in Russia in my earlier years and saw for myself the horrible conditions people live in.

Here you say that you were giving examples of stereotypes, and that these stereotypes are true. You didn't qualify that you see it in "some" of the population, but made it pretty clear that you're talking about a country as a whole. And I didn't link the post, but I should point out that you reenforced your notion that women are trying to claw their way out of Russia by linking to some Wikipedia articles and then trying to apply them to the country as a whole.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=3126474

If you have any sense of decency and knew how to read English properly, you could have been able to note that I was GENERALIZING about ASSUMPTIONS made about Russians in today's world. When I tried to give brief historical points about how things were and how they still seep in today's modern Russian mindset, I instead got a moronic response from mox about bananas being used as mobiles...not sure how that can be seem as amusing.

Here you changed your argument from sweeping generalizations to just "generalizing about assumptions." Also, the bit about bananas as cell phones is damn funny, which calls your sense of humor into question as well.

You've made the same mistake that SO MANY visitors here to the RU forum make, that basically Russia is a 3rd world country and that people can't get out fast enough. And when those of us who have been to Russia RECENTLY and many times point out that yes, there are problems and sometimes the problems are heart-breaking, and that some of these problems are severe, but no, Russians are not lining up en mass to get the hell out like Jews out of Egypt, you completely dismiss everything we say because you saw some bad stuff in 1992. Ask anyone's wife or fiancee here if she'd rather live with her husband in Russia if it were possible, and a large majority of them would start packing their bags right the hell now.

Russia is a wonderful, big, fearsome country but has way too many problems to deal with. They are basically struggling to reattain the status they had when they were the USSR. But they are smart and vicious people, they will pull through. I mean, take a picture of Moscow in 1994 and then one from today and compare...the progress is amazing!!

Finally, a statement I can get behind!

I like those Russian honey cookies with white powdered sugar on them....

Wow! 2 in a row! :)

I don't like how sour cream is prevalent in so many meals in the villages though :D

Them, however, is fighting words.

Timeline
You've made the same mistake that SO MANY visitors here to the RU forum make, that basically Russia is a 3rd world country and that people can't get out fast enough. And when those of us who have been to Russia RECENTLY and many times point out that yes, there are problems and sometimes the problems are heart-breaking, and that some of these problems are severe, but no, Russians are not lining up en mass to get the hell out like Jews out of Egypt, you completely dismiss everything we say because you saw some bad stuff in 1992. Ask anyone's wife or fiancee here if she'd rather live with her husband in Russia if it were possible, and a large majority of them would start packing their bags right the hell now.

Alright homey, you are right. I am wrong. I don't know my own country. I'm a moron and a jackass, and I can't even speak normal Russian. You are awesome and a Tsar and a demigod and I bow to your awesomeness. Is this what you want to hear? BTW, sour cream in everything sucks! My cousin even puts that stuff in eggs for breakfast! Come on!

Timeline:

TBC....

Filed: Timeline
Alright homey, you are right. I am wrong. I don't know my own country. I'm a moron and a jackass, and I can't even speak normal Russian. You are awesome and a Tsar and a demigod and I bow to your awesomeness. Is this what you want to hear?

Okay, take your ball and go home if you want, but let's not hear anymore of this "you didn't actually read what I wrote" talk anymore. I *did* read what you wrote, and I quoted key portions to support my criticisms. If you care to redact any of it or make corrections to what you wrote, then ok, let's discuss. Or not. But in any case, I did exactly what you asked me to do, and now you're getting pissy about it? Whatev.

BTW, sour cream in everything sucks! My cousin even puts that stuff in eggs for breakfast! Come on!

Eggs scrambled with just a little bit of sour cream instead of milk is pretty delicious, actually.

Glock 9mm. Now that's a fashion accessory I can get behind!

You dont want to get in front of it and considering the uniform being behind is an ok thing. Thats the kind of race where I like to come in second.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

This was quite the little spat I wish I had been here for it.

Thanks Mox I wish I was here to help defend our forum from the interlopers.

Truth is just to let enraptured know "Yes it is a little clicky here if you dont like it dont come in, dont mess with our guns our pie or our sour cream as a condiment"

What the troglodyte seemed to miss is that this is a Russian regional forum we dont take kindly to people accusing our wives and SO of being scammers, any different than the girl I know in bolivia that was going to take a trip to canada so she can sneak across the border.

Oh Enraptured if you dont like the kind of pie we are serving you can go eat somewhere else. I dont care where you are from take your ridiculous outdated opinions and go post in the Off Topic forum where the buffalo roam and the ignorant play.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.