allenr

FIANCE CAME IN, WE WERE MARRIED, THEN SHE LEFT

192 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Guinea
Timeline

iF U ALREADY HAVE AN ITERVIEW FOR ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS U SHOULD GO AGAIN AND ASK TO TALK WITH THE SAME OFFICER AND EXPLAIN TO HIM OR HER WHATS GOING ON AND THAT U WANT TO WITHDRAW THE PETITION, IF U HAVENT HAD AN INTEERVIEW MUCH BETTER GO TO THE OFFICE PERSONALLY AND EXPLAIN TO THEM, TAKE WITH U THE RECEIPT AND EVIDENCE THAT SHE LEFT U, SO THEY WILL STOP EVERYTHING AND SEND HER BACK BUT SINCE THIS NO MORE RESPONSABILITIES FOR U.

i HAVE A FRIEND WORKING AT CHICAGO IMMIGRATION SERVICES AND SHE ADVICE ME THIS TO ONE OF MY FRIENDS HAVING THE SAME SITUATION. HOPEFULLY THIS HELPS.

I have a question. I petitioned for my fiance from the Philippines on a fiance visa. We arrived here in Texas on April 15, 2008, and were married April 18, 2008. By the 1st year anniversary, she decided to leave me because we would have arguements. She has left and is with her oldest sister in Arizona. Right now her case is in Adjustment of Status. It was in deportation court because we traveled to California to see other family members in the summer. We were detained at the Border Patrol in El Paso due to not having filed a Conditional Resident Application, which Catholic Services didn’t advise us we had to do. We just recently (January) got out of the deportation proceedings. And the judge transferred the case back to Adjustment of Status court. My question is: WHAT HAPPENS IF I WITHDRAW MY SPONSORSHIP? WHAT HAPPENS IF I WITHDRAW THE AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT? CAN HER FAMILY MEMBERS PETITION FOR HER OR DOES SHE HAVE TO LEAVE THE U.S. FIRST AND THEN BE SUBJECT TO THE THE 10 YEAR BAN? I don’t know what she is doing, and she hardly answers the phone when I call her. Can you please help me. Please email me at txheartbreaker2000@hotmail.com also if you can. Thanks.

No, I don't want to give up. Of course not. But I don't know what to do, because she won't answer the phone, she's been ignoring me. When she does answer ALL she does is yell. Then she says she's not coming back. That it's been a year and she's tired of trying to make it work. I don't know if she's there planning a divorce. Because she has her sister in her ear. If you know what I mean. Then other family members and mom in California. But I can't see her getting off like that. When I told her the other day that she is leaving me no other choice but to stop processing paperwork, she asked, "Why do you have to do that for?" And I told her, "Well you say you don't know if you still love me, then what am I holding on for?"

I'm sorry to say this but based on what she is doing right now, she just used you to get here. There was no other way for her to join her family in cali. You need to withdraw support, contact USCIS, and let them know where she is and that she was committed fraud without you realizing it. Besides no point filing for AOS since you arent really together, there is NO marriage to support the AOS. Its the best advise I can give you, I am not judging her but I do know women like her (I came from the same country and I myself hate people like that who use people). So cut your losses and get moving on contacting USCIS.

June 2006 Met on Myspace
Sep 21 2007 Proposed and she accepted
Dec 9 2007 Arrived in Manila
Dec 15 2007 Returned home, very sad day
Dec 21 2007 Sent Form I-129F to CSC
Dec 24 2007 Packet received at CSC
Dec 31 2007 NOA 1 received
Jan 02 2008 Check cashed
May 05 2008 NOA2
May 12 2008 Received letter from NVC MNL2008xxxxxx
May 19 2008 Paid Delbros fee at Metrobank
May 20 2008 First day of medical
May 21 2008 Told to return for sputum test
May 21 2008 Delbros confirmed receiving payment
May 27 2008 Delbros sent proof of payment to USEM
May 27,28,29 2008 Sputum test done
June 6 2008 Delbros sent doc ver request to the NSO
June 27 2008 NSO doc ver completed, to be picked up by USEM
July 1, 2008 Called USEM, doc ver is at the embassy
July 30, 2008 Passed the sputum test and finished the physical
Aug 5, 2008 Interview, PASSED received PINK SLIP
Aug 12 2008 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God
Aug 16,2008 Flight to US. Manila to Narita, to Chicago
Sept 8, 2008 Civil wedding
Feb 14, 2009 Big fancy wedding
groupresized.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think the Filipinas that have responded to this thread have locked onto the proper answer.

I hate whiney American men... they make the rest of us men look bad.

Si me dieran a elegir una vez más_____ Nos casamos: el 01 de Julio 2008

te elegiría sin pensarlo _______________ Una cita con una abogada para validar la info de VJ: el 24 de Agosto, 2008 (Ya ella me cree)

es que no hay nada que pensar_______ El envio del I-130: el 26 de Agosto 2008

que no existe ni motivo ni razón ______ Entregado a las 14:13 PM en el 26 de Agosto, 2008 en CHICAGO, IL. Firmado por V BUSTAMANTE.

para dudarlo ni un segundo ___________ La 1ra Notificación de Acción (NOA1): el 29 de Agosto 2008

porque tú has sido lo mejor ___________ El cheque al USCIS cobró: el 2 de Septiembre, 2008

que todo este corazón ________________ Un toque el 19 de septiembre, 2008

y que entre el cielo y tú

yo me quedo contigo

-Franco deVita

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
LOL Rebecca, I wasn't blaming anyone, just the facts. They misled us and we got into trouble.

I'm sorry to hear that, but you know what even though there's somebody helping you out you must research too at the same time, honestly ignorant its not an exception for this immigration process read more and learn more you can't blame anybody for this mess, all I can say move on and learn from your mistake Good luck!!! :thumbs:

EAD APPLICATION:

2009-01-10 ----- E-filed EAD Application

2009-01-20 ------NOA1 Receipt Notice

2009-01-22 ------Biometrics appointment recieved by mail

2009-02-11-------Biometrics Date (done smoothly)

2009-4-15 -------- EAD Approved

2009-4-24 -------- EAD Received by mail ( yyyeeeeessssss)

5bmhyctuim6.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
If things didn't go her way she would throw a fit. And if I tried to talk to her and explain why things couldn't be done, I would get slapped. She would always say that we lived near my family but hers were so far away. But I have full custody of my 10 year old daughter, and not go to far away from her mother due to visitation rights. And she knew all about that from day 1 in 2004.

Please, no offense here..just an opinion but true to SOME.

This has been a common problem to some of relationship. Age gap, when the man is more mature and the wife is so immature and can't handle tough situations (most young women look for refuge and would sometimes think of the present bad situation and not care for the future or their responsibilities as married woman). Divorced husband with kid/s and hooked with responsibilities with ex wife, seems very tough for young women or to any woman to handle. Jealousy is always the common cause of argument for most husband and wife even if the woman will tell you "it's ok that u have a kid or it's ok that you will visit your daughter, or it's ok that you text or call your ex wife for the sake of your kid/s" BUT it is NOT TOTALLY OKAY! bad feelings could be acccumulated and will burst badly that could lead to extreme and very dangerous relationship crisis.

Allen, I hope you could solve this problem. If you love her, take a step like showing that love of yours.Try to win her heart again. I should say, give some time for this like sending her flowers, etc. BUT if this wont work, then you have to decide for divorce. It's a tough situation but maybe she is so young for you or maybe she is not for you. To protect yourself, you have to cancel any immigration papers. Do every step legally, like, court hearing if you both should pursue your marriage or decide to divorce.... I still hope things will work out and hope that she is not using you for her own welfare. Ask God's wisdom so that you can handle things alright. :thumbs:

Eternally destined,

Angel&Saint

MY K1 TIMELINE

AOS

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2009-02-04

NOA Date : 2009-02-06

Bio. Appt. : 2009-03-03

Interview Date : 2009-05-19

Approved :2009-05-19

Got I551 Stamp : yes

Greencard Received:2009-06-26

EAD

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2009-02-04

NOA Date : 2009-02-06

Bio. Appt. : 2009-03-03

Approved Date : 2009-04-01

Date Card Received :2009-04-13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
If things didn't go her way she would throw a fit. And if I tried to talk to her and explain why things couldn't be done, I would get slapped. She would always say that we lived near my family but hers were so far away. But I have full custody of my 10 year old daughter, and not go to far away from her mother due to visitation rights. And she knew all about that from day 1 in 2004.

Please, no offense here..just an opinion but true to SOME.

This has been a common problem to some of relationship. Age gap, when the man is more mature and the wife is so immature and can't handle tough situations (most young women look for refuge and would sometimes think of the present bad situation and not care for the future or their responsibilities as married woman). Divorced husband with kid/s and hooked with responsibilities with ex wife, seems very tough for young women or to any woman to handle. Jealousy is always the common cause of argument for most husband and wife even if the woman will tell you "it's ok that u have a kid or it's ok that you will visit your daughter, or it's ok that you text or call your ex wife for the sake of your kid/s" BUT it is NOT TOTALLY OKAY! bad feelings could be acccumulated and will burst badly that could lead to extreme and very dangerous relationship crisis.

Allen, I hope you could solve this problem. If you love her, take a step like showing that love of yours.Try to win her heart again. I should say, give some time for this like sending her flowers, etc. BUT if this wont work, then you have to decide for divorce. It's a tough situation but maybe she is so young for you or maybe she is not for you. To protect yourself, you have to cancel any immigration papers. Do every step legally, like, court hearing if you both should pursue your marriage or decide to divorce.... I still hope things will work out and hope that she is not using you for her own welfare. Ask God's wisdom

so that you can handle things alright. :thumbs:

One of the best answer I would say. Well said Angel. Good Luck Allen. Please take the responsibility for what you have to do to and save you and your future from this phase in your life. Life is all about it's just not only the marriage. It will all work out for you in a good way. Belive in god and move on with your life stop worrying and start living.

Edited by bluehills73

Timeline

08/21/2009 --- Papers Sent to USCIS

08/29/2009 --- Package delivered at Chicago 2.16 PM.

08/31/2009 --- Checks are cashed today.

08/31/2009 --- Received NOA for I-130,I-131, I-485&I-765 (Notice date : 08/29/09)

09/03/2009 --- Received Biometrics letter appt dt. 09/25/2009.

09/04/2009 --- Walk-in biometrics done today. Everything went off well in 30 mins.

09/15/2009 --- Received RFE for NABC

09/18/2009 --- Responded to RFE

09/25/2009 --- Case resumed.

10/04/2009 --- EAD Card Production Ordered

10/12/2009 --- I-131 Advance Parole approved notice and EAD Received

10/19/2009 --- Interview Letter Received for November 19th 2009 at 7.30 AM

11/18/2009 --- Interview Done

11/18/2009 --- I - 485 Touched and I-130 Touched.

12/04/2009 --- Card Production Ordered.

12/17/2009 --- Green Card Arrived and Welcome letter received.

09/16/2011 --- 1-751 Applied for removing conditions

09/27/2011 --- NOA and biometrics received

10/12/2011 --- Biometrics taken

01/27/2012 --- I-551 Stamped for One year

06/22/2012 --- 10yr GC production ordered.

06/28/2012 --- Green Card Received.

N-400 Process

09/08/2012 --- N400 Application sent to Dallas lockbox

09/11/2012 --- Delivery Confirmation by USPS

09/14/2012 --- Check cashed

09/12/2012 --- NOA Received

10/02/2012 --- Biometrics/FP Appt

11/07/2012 --- Interview Inline

11/12/2012 --- Interview letter recd 12/13

12/13/2012 --- Interview Done - APPROVED - Thank you VJ

12/14/2012 --- Inline for Oath ceremony schedule

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
Her fingerprint notice came in, and she emailed the lawyer and rescheduled it.

Dude, i hate to say it, but it looks like you got dupped. i say "looks" cuz i dont know the whole story;

maybe she did try to make it work and you guys arent working- what is your part in the fights/arguements? have you tried to make it work?[before she left] but truthfully, it looks more like she just married you to get here, hung out for a year and now wants to bounce and be free in the good ole USA. sounds like you still care for her but you should call ICE on her, have her deported and start over. there's millions of fish in the sea and if you like filipina's, there are good ones out there [ just like there are bad ones ] she is asking you why you want to withdraw now?! she wont even discuss things with you and expects you to do nothing. are you kidding me?! send her home and try again. sounds harsh man, but didnt you go thru a lot to get her here, pay alot of money, wait a long time[ hopefully faithfully ] and now after a year, she wants to be free and probably end up with another man. at least suggest marriage counseling and her coming home. if she wont agree to that- there's your answer. good luck

The lawyer didn't scam me, she helped us get it out of deportation. Catholic Services scammed us.

DONT blame Catholic services on your "Ignorance". You are old enought to know and to read USCIS guidelines. I feel bad for your wife..soooo sad she was detained for not filling an AOS on time.. :bonk:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
I have a question. I petitioned for my fiance from the Philippines on a fiance visa. We arrived here in Texas on April 15, 2008, and were married April 18, 2008. By the 1st year anniversary, she decided to leave me because we would have arguements. She has left and is with her oldest sister in Arizona. Right now her case is in Adjustment of Status. It was in deportation court because we traveled to California to see other family members in the summer. We were detained at the Border Patrol in El Paso due to not having filed a Conditional Resident Application, which Catholic Services didn’t advise us we had to do. We just recently (January) got out of the deportation proceedings. And the judge transferred the case back to Adjustment of Status court. My question is: WHAT HAPPENS IF I WITHDRAW MY SPONSORSHIP? WHAT HAPPENS IF I WITHDRAW THE AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT? CAN HER FAMILY MEMBERS PETITION FOR HER OR DOES SHE HAVE TO LEAVE THE U.S. FIRST AND THEN BE SUBJECT TO THE THE 10 YEAR BAN? I don’t know what she is doing, and she hardly answers the phone when I call her. Can you please help me. Please email me at txheartbreaker2000@hotmail.com also if you can. Thanks.

My Kenyan wife dissapeared 18 months into the marriage shortly before we removed the contigency from her Residency card. I wrote a letter telling immigration she left and did not tell me where she went. I referenced her A number and stated that I was officially withdrawing my support. That protected me against having to pay back all the illegal support she was about to claim. Furthermore, the note goes into her A file and she is no longer legal or elligible for status change. You can divorce her or better yet, annul before she takes everything you own.

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

My Kenyan wife dissapeared 18 months into the marriage shortly before we removed the contigency from her Residency card. I wrote a letter telling immigration she left and did not tell me where she went. I referenced her A number and stated that I was officially withdrawing my support. That protected me against having to pay back all the illegal support she was about to claim. Furthermore, the note goes into her A file and she is no longer legal or elligible for status change. You can divorce her or better yet, annul before she takes everything you own.

Good reply! Listen, we are not living in the 70's or 80's, when things were a tad more innocent. There are people out there that will do whatever is needed to get into the USA and they make it hard for people that are really in love and using the immigration system. They will marry you, sleep with you and pretend for a year or two, until they have everything ready and then all of a sudden its not working out and they leave. Dont be fooled. sometimes they already have it planned in advance and mayeb even have a lover waiting in the wings [ although thats pretty sick knowing your beloved is sleeping with someone else just to get in the country ] then she or he gets the status change and brings the lover over. sounds like a movie but it happens. KNOW WHO YOU ARE GETTING INTO A RELATIONSHIP WITH!! if she/he gets status here, they can take you to court for support and you will be stuck. I believe in romance and i'd be the last person to knock trying to make it work, but read the signs- if it acts fishy, smells fishy its probably a fish.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Her fingerprint notice came in, and she emailed the lawyer and rescheduled it.

Don't sweat it man. Just remember, what goes around comes back around. So just let her be, get yourself together and get over the situation. If you want to turn her in, that's your choice, but I would not. Trust me, if she did you wrong, not even being in the states will stop her from getting her own share. Just hang in there and some day you may meet the one who truly loves you, not for the paper you can give her but for you. But for now, just take time to be alone and get over this situation. In the other hand, if ya'll just had a family disagreement and she truly loves you, so there's a chance to work it out, then work it out. But be very careful....

Take care dude!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
It always requires active participation by two people to have an argument. The both of you are probably stubborn folks. In any event, just let her free from your life, and get on with your own. Getting revenge, or having her deported, isn't worth the effort. But you should withdraw your affidavit of support before it comes back to haunt you. Then let matters take their course.

You are alleging that catholic charities didn't even know about green cards?? hmmm....that's hard to believe

hello,

it's possible, if USCIS's agents don't know about the immigration process, why would catholic charities know more? :blush:

Edited by MIDUVIL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
but I am tired of all the third world women just trying to come to the US for a better life

... Is this sarcasm? Yes how dare these women try and make a better lives for themselves and there '6 year old son'. What do they think they are human beings?

Everyone should have the opportunity to make a better life for themselves, but not if it's by using someone else just for their own benefit. From the info we have, that's what appears to be happening in allenr's case.

Its a terrible situation he has found himself in.And i feel really sorry for you Allenr,i also respect you for trying to find out the best way to go about this.We should all marry for one thing only,and that is love.I understand she is not with you ,she is not answering your calls and its obvious that she is not doing anything whatsoever to resolve the issue.

As someone said on here,what goes around comes around,,,,,,think deep and make the best decision that is right for you and your daughter.No one can make that decision but you.

I am all in support for sisters but if a sister behaves in this manner,its unacceptable....Goodluck

01/28/2009==K1 interview/approved

01/30/2009==entered USA

04/24/2009==Grand Canyon wedding

Late May==AOS package sent

08/28/2009==interview/approved

09/02/2009==Card production ordered

09/08/2009==Greencard received

Removal Of Conditions

Sent package 6/16/2011

NOA 6/24/2011

Bio appointment 7/13/2011 SEE YOU AGAIN NEXT YEAR FOR CITIZENSHIP

Approval date 9/13/2011

Card received 9/18/2011

Mezoh/Randy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.