allenr

FIANCE CAME IN, WE WERE MARRIED, THEN SHE LEFT

192 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Call your wife, no answer, call her sister, no answer, leave voicemail on her phone.

Give her 48 hours to call you back and talk to you about what is going on.

She fails, or you don't like her response, then file for a divorce and withdraw your AOS support. What happens after that is none of your concern. She wanted to play you and you didn't play by her rules.

No need to play games with her, she's an adult and capable of making her own decisions, just like you are.

There's more fish in the sea and chalk this one up as a bad lesson and use it to find a better one next time.

Edited by MikeMc

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Otsoo88, We were going thru Catholic Services at 1st. When we got here from Phil we were married 3 days after. I advised Cathoilic Services that we fulfilled requirement to be married within the 90 days. They then informed me that we had 2 years to file for the next step of Immigrant Reident. They didn't tell me that we were suposed to file a Conditional Resident app. We then took a trip to California to see her mom and sisters. Upon coming back to Texas, we were detained at the Border Patrol because there was not a CR app on file. They placed her in deportation proceedings. Then they released her to me. When we got back to South Texas, I went to Catholic Services to get them to help me with this problem and they said, "You got yourself into this, you get yourself out of it." I then had to hire a lawyer who got it out of deportation and back in to USCIS court. So that is why. I had someone representing me and they led me wrong.

Are you saying that once you were married you were not able to travel within the United States because you had not filed a conditional resident app? It was my understanding that travel within the US is fine as long as you don't leave the country. Am I wrong?

In Texas they have inland border inspections setup. You can stay within the US 100%, and they still stop everyone screening for illegal aliens. This has happened to me on a few occasions outside El Paso and Laredo.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

i would like to reply to what you said about third world women. don't you dare stereotype us. yes, i do agree we have women here who marry for the wrong reason but then again there also women who marry for the right reason. dont generalize women that belong in this category. who are you to judge? please be carefully of what you are saying because you might be force eat your own words in the end. :angry:

But the lawyer filed the affidavit of support. Ipaid $1,610. For her and her son. :bonk:

It is not the big deal to fill it out. I did it by myself, my SO just provide me the documents and he signed it once it was filled. I am not a US lawyer. I am the foreign. Please this is not that hard. Yes, the lawyer scammed you.

Timeline

I hope you will let us know your final decision or if possible the results. This is a very eye opening post.

good luck sir

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-07-16

NVC Received : 2009-07-31

NVC Left : 2009-08-14

Consulate Received : 2009-08-19

Packet 4 Received : 2009-08-22

Interview Date : 2009-09-23 Submit Review

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2009-09-25

US Entry : 2009-10-04

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Los Angeles CA

Date Filed : 2010-01-29

NOA Date : 2010-02-05

Bio. Appt. : 2010-02-26

Interview Date : 2010-04-21 Submit Review

Approval / Denial Date : 2010-04-21

Approved : Yes

MANOK COUPLE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

For being the old guy in the relationship (the trade off) you sure didnt take care of your new foreign girl very well. Id stay away from her aned forget . b4 you OCD yourself into trouble.

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Timeline
For being the old guy in the relationship (the trade off) you sure didnt take care of your new foreign girl very well. Id stay away from her aned forget . b4 you OCD yourself into trouble.

That wasn't nice, his wife's behavior was very very childish and I think she was nothing more than a scammer so he never really had much of a chance. His mistake was to put his trust in the Catholic Services, and he got screwed there, but he did get that fixed and she still left him. So to me that basically says she was going to leave him as soon as she got the excuse to, but she messed up and left too soon, so her fate here in the States could be in jeopardy.

And yes, best advice at this point is to stay away from her.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

People like her take the p*ss out of every single person trying to enter the USA (or elsewhere) legitimately. It's horrible to think officials spent time on her case when they couldn't been processing someone more deserving.

I think the sooner you realise you're being played the better (whether it started off that way, who knows). It doesn't sound like she has any intention of trying to work things out and just wanted a ticket to America to be with other members of her family, and not you. I'd do all I could to get her kicked out the country.

Rant over...

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is so sad. As what others told you cancel the AOS, make an INFO PASS and divorce her and move on with your life. You have done so much for her. About the lawyer? He scammed you too.

------------------------

Adjustment of Status ( I-485) and Advance Parole

Jan.6,2010- Mailed to South Dearborn Chicago via Fedex overnight delivery

Jan.7,2010- AOS packet received signed by Chyba

Jan.10,2010- Notice receipt from USCIS

Jan.13,2010- check has been cashed

Jan.14,2010- NOA1 received (hard copy)

Jan.23,2010- Biometrics Appt.received in the mail dated Jan.14,2010

Feb. 1, 2010- Biometrics appointment at 8a.m.

Feb.9,2010 - touched

March 2,2010- AP approved

March 9,2010- Hard copy received

March 12, 2010- I-485 receipt notice for interview

March 18,2010- received letter for initial interview

April 19, 2010- 8 :15 A.M INTERVIEW DATE ( APPROVED 5min.Interview)

APRIL 20, 2010- USCIS website updated card production ordered

url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

79bur3yi21.png

[/url]

----------------------------

We met online became good friends , fell in love and got married..

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Her fingerprint notice came in, and she emailed the lawyer and rescheduled it.

ohh well. . .

Know that you can’t make someone love you, all you can do is be someone who can be loved, the rest is up to the person to realize your worth. . Just take a look at what you have. Think of all you did to get it. Remember it only takes one second to lose. . Don't forget to put God in the center of your relationship. God bless you.

xoxo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
When we would have the arguments, I would try and go to her and talk to her, and I would get slapped reatedly and my face scratched. Just because I was trying to find out WHY she was mad at me for. I had NEVER touched her in that way. I did grab her arms to stop her from hitting me. And I guess since she knew I wouldn't touch her like that, she would hit her elbow or her knee against the dresser and when she did that I would tell her, "That is going to leave a bruise." And she would say "So". But I never went and reported it to the authorities.

Allen,

I suspect that you don't have a clue about what constitutes unlawful restraint and domestic violence. Fortunately for you, your wife didn't either.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.