allenr

FIANCE CAME IN, WE WERE MARRIED, THEN SHE LEFT

192 posts in this topic

No, I don't want to give up. Of course not. But I don't know what to do, because she won't answer the phone, she's been ignoring me. When she does answer ALL she does is yell. Then she says she's not coming back. That it's been a year and she's tired of trying to make it work. I don't know if she's there planning a divorce. Because she has her sister in her ear. If you know what I mean. Then other family members and mom in California. But I can't see her getting off like that. When I told her the other day that she is leaving me no other choice but to stop processing paperwork, she asked, "Why do you have to do that for?" And I told her, "Well you say you don't know if you still love me, then what am I holding on for?"

You could withdraw your petition if you want to do it.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Do all Germans eat sauerkraut? Of course they don't.

I'm very very offended by this remark. Of course we do! :dance:

I think we actually have more red cabbage in the house than sauerkraut. ;)

24q38dy.jpg

maybe she thought she can survived in this country with relatives around here anyways, that means she doesn't need you man!

you are better of stopping AOS and try your luck again, i know you already spent money on her, but as they said reality hurts, where she from in the philippines?

filing AOS supposedly within 90 days since she arrived here in the US, why didn't you do that? the situation must have pissed her and her family off, they maybe thought you supposed to know your responsibility in terms of the immigration process.

in my opinion i don't see this going well for you, as i said you better off cancelling/stopping petitioning her AOS, you might have more trouble later on if you pursue it.

good luck to you.

10 Yrs. Unconditional Greencard Approved, 06 - 03 - 2009

this poor guy has been double scammed. first by the lawyer, and then by her. I feel like they will continue this unless he steps up and makes an infopass appointment...

Edited by john & jean

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
:whistle: Edited by Kate and Matt

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Chill out man. Withdraw your AOS if that will validate your manhood and move on. Let the woman move on and you should to.

I disagree with you.

If he doesn't withdraw his support, she will have legal status in the US. Basically, she would have married for immigration. She wanted out of her life in the Philippines and married an American, then she left him once she got here.

Its ok to leave him, but she needs to return to her home country, If she doesn't return, then she is showing that being in the US was her main concern, in which case she has basically #######'d her way into this country.

Sorry that sounds harsh, but I am tired of all the third world women just trying to come to the US for a better life. People like the women this post is about is why the K visa process has gotten so scrutinized, forcing us all to wait longer.

If he withdraws his AOS then what does he have to worry about? It's out of his hands. Him going after her trying to get her busted is doing nothing but making him look like a control freek.

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Otsoo88, We were going thru Catholic Services at 1st. When we got here from Phil we were married 3 days after. I advised Cathoilic Services that we fulfilled requirement to be married within the 90 days. They then informed me that we had 2 years to file for the next step of Immigrant Reident. They didn't tell me that we were suposed to file a Conditional Resident app. We then took a trip to California to see her mom and sisters. Upon coming back to Texas, we were detained at the Border Patrol because there was not a CR app on file. They placed her in deportation proceedings. Then they released her to me. When we got back to South Texas, I went to Catholic Services to get them to help me with this problem and they said, "You got yourself into this, you get yourself out of it." I then had to hire a lawyer who got it out of deportation and back in to USCIS court. So that is why. I had someone representing me and they led me wrong.

Filed: Other Timeline

Allen -

So if she never filed to adjust her status, then there are no applications for anybody to withdraw. No affidavit of support either for you to be worried about.

Instead what you have is a wife who is an out of status alien in the US. Which is why you needed a lawyer.

Sounds to me like your wife is about to find herself in removal proceedings. No wonder she's pi$$ed off.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Otsoo88, We were going thru Catholic Services at 1st. When we got here from Phil we were married 3 days after. I advised Cathoilic Services that we fulfilled requirement to be married within the 90 days. They then informed me that we had 2 years to file for the next step of Immigrant Reident. They didn't tell me that we were suposed to file a Conditional Resident app. We then took a trip to California to see her mom and sisters. Upon coming back to Texas, we were detained at the Border Patrol because there was not a CR app on file. They placed her in deportation proceedings. Then they released her to me. When we got back to South Texas, I went to Catholic Services to get them to help me with this problem and they said, "You got yourself into this, you get yourself out of it." I then had to hire a lawyer who got it out of deportation and back in to USCIS court. So that is why. I had someone representing me and they led me wrong.

Are you saying that once you were married you were not able to travel within the United States because you had not filed a conditional resident app? It was my understanding that travel within the US is fine as long as you don't leave the country. Am I wrong?

event.png

Filed: Other Timeline
The lawyer didn't scam me, she helped us get it out of deportation. Catholic Services scammed us.

Oh stop that.

How much did you pay them? Maybe $100 bucks? They usually don't charge a fortune for their services, if at all.

Did you ever read a bit about this process or did you just put it in the hands of a 'consultant' at a non-profit organization?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.