allenr

FIANCE CAME IN, WE WERE MARRIED, THEN SHE LEFT

192 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a question. I petitioned for my fiance from the Philippines on a fiance visa. We arrived here in Texas on April 15, 2008, and were married April 18, 2008. By the 1st year anniversary, she decided to leave me because we would have arguements. She has left and is with her oldest sister in Arizona. Right now her case is in Adjustment of Status. It was in deportation court because we traveled to California to see other family members in the summer. We were detained at the Border Patrol in El Paso due to not having filed a Conditional Resident Application, which Catholic Services didn’t advise us we had to do. We just recently (January) got out of the deportation proceedings. And the judge transferred the case back to Adjustment of Status court. My question is: WHAT HAPPENS IF I WITHDRAW MY SPONSORSHIP? WHAT HAPPENS IF I WITHDRAW THE AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT? CAN HER FAMILY MEMBERS PETITION FOR HER OR DOES SHE HAVE TO LEAVE THE U.S. FIRST AND THEN BE SUBJECT TO THE THE 10 YEAR BAN? I don’t know what she is doing, and she hardly answers the phone when I call her. Can you please help me. Please email me at txheartbreaker2000@hotmail.com also if you can. Thanks.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You just posted your thread. Don't expect immediate responses. Give it at least an hour before you start to panic. :)

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You might consider making an INFOPASS appointment with your local USCIS office and asking them how you should proceed.

This sounds like it belongs more in the AOS forum.

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

Chill out man. Withdraw your AOS if that will validate your manhood and move on. Let the woman move on and you should to.

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I REALLY WISH I WOULD GET SOME MORE RESPONSES. I COULD REALLY USE SOME GOOD ADVICE HERE.

Turn off your CAPS LOCK

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Sounds like she hasn't adjusted status yet. If that is correct, and you withdraw the affidavit of support, she will need to leave the country. Are you sure you want to give up? Catholic charities often have excellent marriage counselling....

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Chill out man. Withdraw your AOS if that will validate your manhood and move on. Let the woman move on and you should to.

I disagree with you.

If he doesn't withdraw his support, she will have legal status in the US. Basically, she would have married for immigration. She wanted out of her life in the Philippines and married an American, then she left him once she got here.

Its ok to leave him, but she needs to return to her home country, If she doesn't return, then she is showing that being in the US was her main concern, in which case she has basically #######'d her way into this country.

Sorry that sounds harsh, but I am tired of all the third world women just trying to come to the US for a better life. People like the women this post is about is why the K visa process has gotten so scrutinized, forcing us all to wait longer.

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No, I don't want to give up. Of course not. But I don't know what to do, because she won't answer the phone, she's been ignoring me. When she does answer ALL she does is yell. Then she says she's not coming back. That it's been a year and she's tired of trying to make it work. I don't know if she's there planning a divorce. Because she has her sister in her ear. If you know what I mean. Then other family members and mom in California. But I can't see her getting off like that. When I told her the other day that she is leaving me no other choice but to stop processing paperwork, she asked, "Why do you have to do that for?" And I told her, "Well you say you don't know if you still love me, then what am I holding on for?"

I disagree with you.

If he doesn't withdraw his support, she will have legal status in the US. Basically, she would have married for immigration. She wanted out of her life in the Philippines and married an American, then she left him once she got here.

Its ok to leave him, but she needs to return to her home country, If she doesn't return, then she is showing that being in the US was her main concern, in which case she has basically #######'d her way into this country.

Sorry that sounds harsh, but I am tired of all the third world women just trying to come to the US for a better life. People like the women this post is about is why the K visa process has gotten so scrutinized, forcing us all to wait longer.

yes indeed, ####### like this should result in immediate deportation. this is a clear cut case of marriage fraud. sometimes REAL TRUTH IS HARSH....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.