Sherri and Matt

Who wants to join my angry rant thread?

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

That was very beautifully written. And of course you are right. One day we will be on the other side of this and in the arms of our loved ones. I so appreciate the support of everyone in this group. Last weekend I was the one ranting about our situation, so I can empathize with others who feel that need as well. I think it is actually healthy to let out some of the frustration rather than keeping it all inside. That is why we are all here to support and share our concerns. We are at the mercy of government officials who likely only see numbers and not people, but remember that God knows who you are and is aware of your situation. He will carry you through the pain of being separated. With faith we will see lots of miracles this week and this month. May is here now, and hopefully with the start of a new month, a new attitude from the government towards speeding up the process. I sympathize with all those who are waiting whether a long time or a short time. Even though our friends and family members keep asking for updates and don't understand our feelings, we understand each other here on VJ. I too am tired of all of the questions and have been tempted to tatoo a message to my forehead. I even had one person tell me that she is going to keep asking every time she sees me until I finally tell her I have some news. Obviously, she doesn't get it, but on the other hand, it means that people care and want to see you happy. Good luck to everyone..we will make it through this together!!

event.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Agreed..made me tear up a bit.

Me too, its exactly how I feel. I know someday this will all be over and we will look back and laugh, and that it will make us stronger as a couple. Thank you for writing that rebecca.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I came back to this thread, but not cause I'm feeling angry. I'm actually feeling good since I got to "see" my SO for a few hours today using Skype! Even if it's not actually being able to touch him, being able to see him is WAAAAY better than just hearing his voice.

I hope that each of you have your ways to get through this, whether by visiting frequently, skyping, chatting, talking, whatever. I like to think that having such a long distance relationship gives us all time to develop strong communication skills with our SOs.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Timeline

at times u can't even cry no more, the tears are shed inward now. i have no words to give cuz i am totally drained now, when u feel as if hope is no more then there is nothing left

I-130 FILED: 8/26/09

TOUCHED AND APPROVED 12/23/09. THE LORD IS FAITHFUL ALWAYS

NVC: CASE COMPLETE: Feb 3rd, 2010

INTERVIEW: Mar 12th, 7:00 a.m : APPROVED

POE / ARRIVAL: Washington D.C. April 8th.

Al hamdu li'lah, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Al hamdu li'lah robbi al amin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just to clarify and not to say your friend was telling you untruths, but Canadians go through exactly the same process as everyone else. Being a Canadian makes no difference - we are still aliens and treated that way. We are still required to jump through all the same hoops as any other foreigner. If it were as easy as showing a marriage license all of us would have gone that route, but we too do the K-1 and the CR-1s to be with our loved ones. We wait, too. As Rebeccajo so ably said, there will come a time when all of this will be part of your 'history' and will fade as you discover and create your new life together.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I completely understand the frustration. I've been waiting 156 days and haven't gotten a touch. My fiance comes for a visit in less than two weeks and I can't wait because even if he is here for only 4 days... that will be 4 days that I can forget about this process and just enjoy my time with him!

Edited by Jenn and Nick

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am interested in this "all-inclusive wedding site that allows you to change your wedding date if necessary" Could you please give me a link to this?

I answered in PM.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
That's a wonderful post, Rebecca. :)

I agree, very nicely said. :thumbs:

Yes, its a nice change from the "shut up and stop whining children" posts that she so frequently threw out to those of us who were venting after 6 months at VCS last year.

nice turn around. :thumbs:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
............ no matter how awful you think things are for you, there are always others who have it worse.........

Sherri -

I'm glad to see you say this.

I'm four years down the road from you in this process. You've heard from a lot of other people in this thread who are at varying stages. Some ARE in worse predicaments than you. And some are united now, but went through something worse than what you probably will.

Most get along just fine with no problems - eventually. Some of us get held up at one stage or another (we did) but it passes. And a few..............they are the ones my heart breaks for.

All I can say to you is this.........one day this will seem a distant memory. It will be a part of your 'story' - your journey as a couple and maybe someday as a family. Your courtship will be a different tale than most of the people you know and it will - in time - be a very special testament to your commitment to each other and your marriage.

Believe it or not, there will come days in the future where you will sit together in the same room, not touching or speaking. Maybe reading quietly together or just lounging on the sofa. Your life will become 'normal'. I know this is something you long for desperately now and trust me - that day will come.

But don't ever forget (on those normal days) when you lift your eyes from your distraction to look at that man who came from so far away and gave up everything he knew to be with you - don't ever forget what it took to get you to normalcy. Don't every forget about how you dealt with differences of the clock to find time to communicate. Don't ever forget about the money you spent to visit each other.

Marriage is normal. Life is normal. Your separation one day will pass. But the things you learned while separated - they can actually be a boon to you as an 'old married couple'.

It is for us. We are 'real'. Real life and not a fairy tale. But with just enough of a 'fairy tale' start to our story to make us special to each other. And that's all that really matters.

Thank you for this. Your post is right on and was just what I needed to hear. I was in tears yesterday, mostly because my SO lives in a rural part of a third world country with limited access to the internet and a phone that does not always have a signal at his house. We've been together for 6 years (with about 2.5 of those together) and just celebrated the 1 year anniversary of our engagement, yesterday. All I want is the normalcy that you speak of. I know that all of this is coming to us, and you've helped to put what I already know into sight. If nothing, this process has helped us to build a strong foundation for our relationship.

We're set for 10 years!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Just to clarify and not to say your friend was telling you untruths, but Canadians go through exactly the same process as everyone else. Being a Canadian makes no difference - we are still aliens and treated that way. We are still required to jump through all the same hoops as any other foreigner. If it were as easy as showing a marriage license all of us would have gone that route, but we too do the K-1 and the CR-1s to be with our loved ones. We wait, too. As Rebeccajo so ably said, there will come a time when all of this will be part of your 'history' and will fade as you discover and create your new life together.

My friend was actually talking about an American moving to Canada and only needing a marriage license. She wanted to know why it was so hard to move to the U.S. if it is so easy for a U.S. citizen to go to Canada. I don't believe it is that easy though, it can't be. I live in a border town, and there are so many couples around here that cross back and forth, I am thinking maybe this person was talking more about dual citizenship or working in Canada or something. I don't believe you can just get married to a Canadian citizen and immediately immigrate to Canada without having to do some sort of application or paperwork.

Spring 2006 ~ Met in World of Warcraft

5/07~ Fell in Love

5/29/07 ~ Officially a couple

9/15//07-09/22/07 ~ His first visit

12/29/07 - 1/12/08 ~ His second visit

4/25/08 - 5/5/08 ~ His third visit

5/4/08 ~ Engaged !

8/30/08 ~ 9/6/08 ~ His fourth visit

12/23/08 ~ 01/17/09 ~ His fifth visit

01/06/09 ~ K-1 finally filed!!!!

01/12/09 ~ NOA1

04/10/09 ~ 5 days in London, then 10 days with the in-laws to be in France!

04/25/09 ~ Back home...waiting...

05/28/09 ~ NOA2

08/04/09 ~ Medical

08/11/09 ~ Interview!! ~ APPROVED!!

08/23/09 ~ POE Phillie

10/10/09 ~ Wedding!

Waiting? WOW! It SUCKS! Drives us crazy! Cant focus of anything coz all we DO is wait and wait and another long WAIT! We got approved but guess what? We are still in the waiting LINE....for the NOA2! PHEW!

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

When will Matt finally be home? Don't know.

When is the wedding? After all, many people have to get time off work, arrange flights etc. Don't know.

You haven't even made any arraingements yet? Nope. Can't.

How can you have a wedding with your family if you can't even plan it? Don't know.

Well do you think he will be here by summer? I DON'T KNOW !

How many more hours of tears do I have ahead of me? Does anyone know.

So tired of the questions, I know many of you must get the same ones. I know there isn't anything I can do about it. I think I need to be banned from this website, because every time I check Igor's list and see all the approvals on petitions that were filed after mine, or I see people get approved in just weeks, I want to scream, throw things, and cry. Yes, I know it has only been 110 days. Yes, I know other people often wait longer. We have a very straightforward petition as far as I know. I can't think of any reason for a denial, but every day with no website update, no touch, no RFE, just nothing...is an eternity. I don't know how so many of us do this and remain sane. All that BS about petitions being approved in the order they are recieved makes me want to throw up. It just makes no sense...

How do I not get angry with him for not filing sooner? He wanted to stay and work and save money....but he lost his job anyway, and if we had applied when we originally discussed, he would probably be here by now. I have to be one of the most impatient people in the world, I don' think I hate anything more than waiting. I know there are people that hate it as much as I do...how do you do it?

Try to think there are still people who are waiting for almost a year for their NOA2, and in the meantime they CANNOT visit, since they live in a country that requires visas! :angry:

Please, be more positive about that! And my opinion is that NO, you don't need people telling you "Awww, it sucks, it is so unfair, and bla-bla" !!

Everything happens for a reason...so don't make it worse for yourselves by saying "if we had applied when we originally discussed, he would probably be here by now".

Stay strong, dear!! You can do it, as we ALL can!!!!! (L)(F)

US Citizen since 08/11/2015.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My friend was actually talking about an American moving to Canada and only needing a marriage license. She wanted to know why it was so hard to move to the U.S. if it is so easy for a U.S. citizen to go to Canada. I don't believe it is that easy though, it can't be. I live in a border town, and there are so many couples around here that cross back and forth, I am thinking maybe this person was talking more about dual citizenship or working in Canada or something. I don't believe you can just get married to a Canadian citizen and immediately immigrate to Canada without having to do some sort of application or paperwork.

It is far from that easy. Living on a border town just makes it easier. My niece did that and although he still had to file all the regular paperwork he was able to get a 'temporary resident" permit so he could stay with her but he still had to cross the border everyday for work. Until he gets his equivalent of a 'green card' he can't work in Canada. My fiance also lived in Canada on a work permit for a few years and we were looking at him getting his permanent residency here and it was going to cost us the same if not more then me going to the US and it was going to take longer. I don't know where people get the idea that Canada just throws open its borders and says "Come on IN!" lol

K-1 Journey

04/30/2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

03/30/2010 - Interview @ MTL APPROVED!

04/13/2010 - POE @ Pearson International

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

07/20/2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Sent

07/21/2010 - package received at Chicago

07/28/2010 - check cashed

07/30/2010 - received NOA1 in mail

08/01/2010 - received biometrics letter

08/20/2010 - walk in biometrics completed

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

09/09/2010 - AP approved (email notice)

09/13/2010 - Received email that EAD was approved on Sept 10

10/04/2010 - Received interview letter in Mail

11/09/2010 - Interview-APPROVED! 112 days

11/09/2010 - Card Production 11/22/2010 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Everything happens for a reason...so don't make it worse for yourselves by saying "if we had applied when we originally discussed, he would probably be here by now".

How true!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

You know what I find ironic in all this? That after all the paperwork.....all the waiting.....all the process.....at the end some mass of flesh and bones can decide if you can be with your loved one or not. It's incredible. hehehehe.

PEACE people....................

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.