Beth/ Paris Heart

Feel like a CR-1 CSC Castaway??

1,199 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

well guess what?

I just called and got transferred to CSC on Jan 14. As you all know , my case has been stuck at CSC and was originally filed in chicago lockbox. Then was routed to VSC and later tranferred to CSC. I did not file I-129 because that seems to take same amount of time.

well i called, and clearly, a person with South Amecian access picked up. and said, " give a few seconds and i will right with you"

I said sure and he came back in 5 minutes.

he asked me for the Reciept number, and i gave him just that.

Conversation as below:

" give me few seconds and i will be with you"

"sure"

hold for 5 mins

"ok how can I help you"

"sir, i applied for my wife and son, and the last I know of is when they were transferred to CSC. since then I have not heard from your office. in the mean time i see people coming behind me are getting approved - some in record number of days. What is happening ? what did i miss? where did i miss it? can you please help?"

" you need to call the number and then dial 1-2-3. and they will tell you"

" you mean the customer service rep s?"

'yes"

"well they read the paragraph that is available on the website word by word, and i can see that. I am trying to get more than what is available on your website or phone, becasue it is coming to be now 6 months...."

he cut me off and said, " i cannot help you. You must go through them"

" sir, i have tried going through them and they provide nothing but..."

"you must go through them. i cannot help."

"please just tell me how long do i still have to wait, or where the files are"

Again he cut me off and said, " I CANNOT HELP YOU. YOU MUST GO THROUGH the SYSTEM"

I was about the say F* you , but controlled myself, Thanked his stinky #### and hung up.

There goes my hope....now what. well I am preparing a long nice letter, with all the photo copies of the NOA1 and Transfer Notice. Come May 1, i will send that letter and copies to Senators office. There is no other relief.

why, oh lord!! why these people at the USCIS knowingly dont want to help . is it because they are just too swamped with milliions of cases. What a Moron picked up my phone... talking about luck. :angry::help:

:crying:

How i know that, His accent ( i am not tryin to stereotype ) just obeservation.

NOA1 recieved NOV 8, 2008

Approval: approval email "Approval Notice Sent on July 6." Hard copy recieved on July 11

NVC:

NVC Case Number Assigned- July 16th, 2009

DS-3032/AOS Generated- July 21st, 2009

DS-3032 - Emailed today7/22/09, got auto response

Recieved AOS fee bill and original DS-3032 in mail and AOS Paid- 7/24/09

AOS Bill Shows as PAID -7/25/09

printed coversheets for AOS- 7/25/09

I-864 Package Generated - no need/online payment

Mailed I-864 Package and DS-3032- Expressed mailed USPS 7/27/09

I-864 Package Received at NVC - 7/28/09, at 11:22 AM

DS-3032 accepted and IV bill generated - 7/29/09

Paid IV Bill -7/29/09, at 8:40 AM EDT

IV Bill Show as PAID - 7/30/29. printed the Reciepts . mailing civil docs ( AVR says Waiting for Biographic documents from the petitioner )

Mailed (DS-230) IV Package - 7/31/09

NVC Rcieved IV package: Aug 4, 2009

RFE email recieved ( AOS) : Aug 7, on child case . Need I-864w not I-864 ( those applying for children be warned)

Fedexed I 864w : 08/07/09 with the bar coded page

RFE recieved by NVC: 08/10/09

Called NVC and confirmed not in AP: Aug 24

CASE COMPLETE- Aug 26/ 2009

Interview email recieved : Sept 2, Interview date is Oct 14

Medical completed: Sep 7, all negative. Sealed report on Oct 8.

VISA approved , 23 Oct

passport picked up , 26 Oct

POE and US Entered, 31 Oct.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well guess what?

I just called and got transferred to CSC on Jan 14. As you all know , my case has been stuck at CSC and was originally filed in chicago lockbox. Then was routed to VSC and later tranferred to CSC. I did not file I-129 because that seems to take same amount of time.

well i called, and clearly, a person with South Amecian access picked up. and said, " give a few seconds and i will right with you"

I said sure and he came back in 5 minutes.

he asked me for the Reciept number, and i gave him just that.

Conversation as below:

" give me few seconds and i will be with you"

"sure"

hold for 5 mins

"ok how can I help you"

"sir, i applied for my wife and son, and the last I know of is when they were transferred to CSC. since then I have not heard from your office. in the mean time i see people coming behind me are getting approved - some in record number of days. What is happening ? what did i miss? where did i miss it? can you please help?"

" you need to call the number and then dial 1-2-3. and they will tell you"

" you mean the customer service rep s?"

'yes"

"well they read the paragraph that is available on the website word by word, and i can see that. I am trying to get more than what is available on your website or phone, becasue it is coming to be now 6 months...."

he cut me off and said, " i cannot help you. You must go through them"

" sir, i have tried going through them and they provide nothing but..."

"you must go through them. i cannot help."

"please just tell me how long do i still have to wait, or where the files are"

Again he cut me off and said, " I CANNOT HELP YOU. YOU MUST GO THROUGH the SYSTEM"

I was about the say F* you , but controlled myself, Thanked his stinky #### and hung up.

There goes my hope....now what. well I am preparing a long nice letter, with all the photo copies of the NOA1 and Transfer Notice. Come May 1, i will send that letter and copies to Senators office. There is no other relief.

why, oh lord!! why these people at the USCIS knowingly dont want to help . is it because they are just too swamped with milliions of cases. What a Moron picked up my phone... talking about luck. :angry::help:

:crying:

How i know that, His accent ( i am not tryin to stereotype ) just obeservation.

Not too upset you, but call again later today or tomorrow, I bet you get a different answer and a different person. It happened to me once before, I called, did not get a satisfing answer, called back and got a officer who truly helped me, he is even the one who told me that my petition was on a desk now, and I did not even have to ask him.

FYI glad you controlled your mouth, cause it would of been reported on your file you cussed at him. And Im sure they would be in no hurry to process a petitioner who cursed at them. Would you???

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Beth,

Way super glad to hear you got touched... Nothing on my end ... :(

fighting the urge to pick up telephone.....

I cant about to go to job 2 and be super nice to people............. YAKK

I am ready for you to get approved and get out my way :P

Mayra & robin

At least you know that processing has resumed............ little :dance: for you .............

Beth,

Way super glad to hear you got touched... Nothing on my end ... :(

fighting the urge to pick up telephone.....

I cant about to go to job 2 and be super nice to people............. YAKK

I am ready for you to get approved and get out my way :P

Mayra & robin

At least you know that processing has resumed............ little :dance: for you .............

Have a good eveing at work. Hang in there, I will be glad to get out of your way for my approval.

Talk with you later.

Truly happy!!!

:dance:

I got touched again today too and I didn't call today. I have been touched 6 times in the past 7 days. Come on Cali!!!

Copy Cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl:

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

hey guys, just wanted to lift everyone's spirits up. i understand how you all feel, been there done that. during our time, about a year ago, uscis was working so slow, they would take at least 6 months to 9 months to approve. some even took 1 year. can you imagine how it made everyone crazy? now, i believe theyre working faster, approving petitions within 1 month or 2 months. lucky people! so hang in there all of you, the approvals are just around the corner.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
Not too upset you, but call again later today or tomorrow, I bet you get a different answer and a different person. It happened to me once before, I called, did not get a satisfing answer, called back and got a officer who truly helped me, he is even the one who told me that my petition was on a desk now, and I did not even have to ask him.

FYI glad you controlled your mouth, cause it would of been reported on your file you cussed at him. And Im sure they would be in no hurry to process a petitioner who cursed at them. Would you???

If a case is well within NORMAL processing times I don't understand calling USCIS and apparently working through some type of alternate system that involves real people instead of the automated response that says,

"your case is within normal processing times" ..

Can this be "helping" to distract workers and look for files? March filers have gotten approved but there are Oct 08- , Feb 09 cases still in the works.

I think the best advice for March filers is to stay off the phone and check in periodically with USCIS case status online.

The Oct filers should go ahead and ask for a Congressman or Senator to get involved at this point.

If a case is well within NORMAL processing times I don't understand calling USCIS and apparently working through some type of alternate system that involves real people instead of the automated response that says,

Can this be "helping" to distract workers and look for files? March filers have gotten approved but there are Oct 08- , Feb 09 cases still in the works.

I think the best advice for March filers is to stay off the phone and check in periodically with USCIS case status online.

The Oct filers should go ahead and ask for a Congressman or Senator to get involved at this point.

There are reason why filers call. A few called cause they cant see their case on line, turned out, they were approved, and never got the NOA 2 in mail. Some found out they had a RFE, sent evidence, and took 3 weeks for them to aknowlede it, one called to find out why they got 2 NOA 1 in mail a month apart. Some called to see why filers who filed same time are already approved in record time, and some that filed after, got approved while theirs is still sitting there.

CSC had many bugs in their computer system, plain and simple did not work, so like one person, found out they were approved cause NVC contacted them, USCIS never did. All these examples are Feb. and March filers alone. I dont think calling everyday is necessary, but does not hurt to call, especialy when USCIS is not notifiing of NOA 2 much less sent out the NOA 1 timely or at all.

Truly happy!!!

I have been touched 6 times in the past 7 days.

Hey, that's pretty good for being apart from your loved one! I haven't been touched since I visited my wife :cry::rofl:

Gotta have a sense of humor about all this...

[size=3]Timeline

8 November 2008 - Married

12 February 2009 - I-130 sent

16 February 2009 - I-130 received

24 February 2009 - NOA1 (California Service Center)

07 April 2009 - RFE (Divorce Decree)

15 April 2009 - Re-submitted divorce decree

16 April 2009 - received by CSC

22 April 2009 - touch

29 April 2009 - touch

30 April 2009 - NOA2

04 May 2009 - NOA2 received

11 May 2009 - NVC Case number assigned

18 May 2009 - AOS Bill/DS3032 generated

18 May 2009 - Paid AOS Bill

18 May 2009 - Returned completed D3032 (e-mail)

20 May 2009 - AOS bill shows PAID

20 May 2009 - Printed AOS cover sheet and mailed I-864EZ package

03 June 2009 - DS3032 accepted, IV bill available and paid

04 June 2009 - IV bill shows PAID, DS230 cover available

10 July 2009 - Package sent to Nvc

15 July 2009 - Package under review

23 July 2009 - Nvc Case COMPLETED!!!

24 July 2009 - Recorded message changes to Case completed

27 July 2009 - Got e mail notification with interview date (September, 8th 2009)

07 Aug 2009 - Medical Exam Completed ENVELOPE GIVEN

08 Sept 2009 - Interview APPROVED!!!!!!

09 Sept 2009 - Visa in Hand

12 Sept 2009 - Arrived in Puerto Rico

05 Oct 2009 - Green Card Arrives in the mail

Timeline

paris heart, thatnk you for your nice words. I did call back again after half an hour and spoke to CSR and told her my case has been 6 months. so she took all the information and at the end provided confirmation numbers for service tickets. she said if you dont hear in 45 days call back. what? 45 days. and i told myside of the story.

further the confirmation numbers had VSC at the end. So i was curious to know where my files were at. I know i recieved the notices that my cases were transferred to CSC, second when i called the first time and after entering my Reciept number, i was straight taked to csc making me beleive my cases were still at CSC. However, the csr lady i spoke said the VSC at the end of the confirmation number signifies where the files are at. So that means my files are sent back to VSC? she says that is how it seems. upon further probing she said she did not know when or why they would have transferred it to VSC but her supervisor would know. so she transferred me to her higher people but i was on hold for 10 minutes and the phone on the other end hung up on me.

Now , how much trutch is there in her saying? ####### are they doing with my files moving back and forth to VSC ?

This makes me wonder, those who got transferred in Jan and have not heard any thing back from CSC, yet recieved an approval yesterday or today or recently, DID THEY GET THE APPROVAL FROM VSC OR CSC? were there cases too sent back to VSC? Can anyone or everyone please enlighten me ? this is getting ridiculous.

to be honest if i had power , i would storm into that csc or or whatever SC it is , i would go straight ;and grab one of the IOs and make them go through my file. They have not even looked into it. when i called back in March 20, a nice lady told me my cases were not assingned. Now i hear they were sent back to VSC. what is the truth? How can I find out?

Oh God, Looks to me i am going to have to prepare for a war.

Approval: approval email "Approval Notice Sent on July 6." Hard copy recieved on July 11

NVC:

IV Bill Show as PAID - 7/30/29. printed the Reciepts . mailing civil docs ( AVR says Waiting for Biographic documents from the petitioner )

RFE email recieved ( AOS) : Aug 7, on child case . Need I-864w not I-864 ( those applying for children be warned)

VISA approved , 23 Oct

Timeline

One more thing. my experience tells me , if your case is at CSC and you fet frequent touches i have seen those cases get approval or RFE in the making soon. Now does that depress me , of course cuz i am a human being. but can i do anything , No. what does that mean ? that means i am helpless, and when we become knowingly helpless , that is when we get angry and lose control.

well , i am trying my best. WIll call again, and see what they say. In the mean time i am preparing for the Senator's office, instead of preparing for NVC. what a dilemma i am in.

I love USCIS (L)

NVC:

VISA approved , 23 Oct

One more thing. my experience tells me , if your case is at CSC and you fet frequent touches i have seen those cases get approval or RFE in the making soon. Now does that depress me , of course cuz i am a human being. but can i do anything , No. what does that mean ? that means i am helpless, and when we become knowingly helpless , that is when we get angry and lose control.

well , i am trying my best. WIll call again, and see what they say. In the mean time i am preparing for the Senator's office, instead of preparing for NVC. what a dilemma i am in.

I love USCIS (L)

I understand how you feel, last year I filed in Jan. 2008 at VSC, saw so many CSC approvals quickly, K1 filers being approved as soon as they were filed, 6 months, I was in hell. Then we had to withdraw our petitions, now that is heartbreaking. 6 months for NOTHING. My heart does go out to you, and I understand the anger of feeling helpless, I know that very well. Contact your congressman or Senator of your state. Call the service center and have them do a inquiry if your past your processing time,

losing the temper is easy, Im very guilty of it. Just keep trying, it will come. We are all human, and in a world of hell without our loved ones. Take care and keep us posted.

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.