Beth/ Paris Heart

Feel like a CR-1 CSC Castaway??

1,199 posts in this topic

I posted this as a question and then it dawned on me. . . .I have a group of people in my same boat who could maybe help answer this for me .

Everyone talks about seeing "touches" on their cases and I am wondering if I am looking in the right place.

I login at the USCIS web site where you have to put in "Customer" from a drop down menu, and then our login name and password.

Is this right? I mean is this where you all see touches on your cases. We only show that they received the case on March 4 2009, they do not show that we received a biometrics appt notice, and they do not show the RFE we received. I have called several times as well and that doesn't make touches show either

I just would like to know if I am actually looking in the right spot. I know everyone states that they don't keep the system up to date very well, so I was hoping that maybe I could look some where else. . .

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Kimberly Troth

Details

Met online Dec 2007

Started talking online (Xbox) 02/15/2008

Came to US to meet 08/29/2008 (return home date was 11/14/2008)

Got engaged 10/05/2008

Got married at sunset on the beach 11/01/2008

7fdc6d7397.png

I-130/765/485

02/27/2009 sent papers Usps to Chicago Lock Box

03/07/2009 received NOAs dated 03/04/09 (130 & 765 show online 485 does not)

03/13/2009 received biometrics appt notice for 03/27/2009

03/27/2009 biometrics appt @3pm (in & out in less than 20 minutes)

04/16/2009 Received pink notice of medical exam needed

04/17/2009 Had medical exam done by Civil Surgeon (have to return on Tuesday 04/21/2009 forResults)

04/24/2009 Papers delivered to Lees Summit (MSC) :o)

05/07/2009 Received email from CRIS that EAD card has been ordered & should arrive within 30 days

05/08/2009 Received email from CRIS that EAD Approval Notice was sent

05/09/2009 Received EAD card in mail YAAAAAY

05/12/2009 Applied for Social Security Card

05/15/2009 NOA received with I-485 interview date 07/20/2009

020b50f4b0.png

07/20/2009 AOS Interview in Orlando FL

07/21/2009 Email received " Card Production Ordered " YAAAAY 139 days!

07/24/2009 Welcome letter received! & Approval of I-130 also received! Yaaay

08/04/2009 Green Card received! Hoooraaaaay!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this as a question and then it dawned on me. . . .I have a group of people in my same boat who could maybe help answer this for me .

Everyone talks about seeing "touches" on their cases and I am wondering if I am looking in the right place.

I login at the USCIS web site where you have to put in "Customer" from a drop down menu, and then our login name and password.

Is this right? I mean is this where you all see touches on your cases. We only show that they received the case on March 4 2009, they do not show that we received a biometrics appt notice, and they do not show the RFE we received. I have called several times as well and that doesn't make touches show either

I just would like to know if I am actually looking in the right spot. I know everyone states that they don't keep the system up to date very well, so I was hoping that maybe I could look some where else. . .

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Good morning Kitty Kisses, LOL, I love that name!!

Im sounds like you are looking at right place, calling USCIS CAN cause a touch" change in date" I found that out yesterday.

But I still dont have 100% trust and rely on their computer system. Almost like living in dark ages with USCIS.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Thanks so much Beth! (by the way my name is Kim LOL but I answer to anything nice :o) ) Just wanted to make sure I was using all my resources!

Your so kind and helpful,

Kimberly Troth

Details

Met online Dec 2007

Started talking online (Xbox) 02/15/2008

Came to US to meet 08/29/2008 (return home date was 11/14/2008)

Got engaged 10/05/2008

Got married at sunset on the beach 11/01/2008

7fdc6d7397.png

I-130/765/485

02/27/2009 sent papers Usps to Chicago Lock Box

03/07/2009 received NOAs dated 03/04/09 (130 & 765 show online 485 does not)

03/13/2009 received biometrics appt notice for 03/27/2009

03/27/2009 biometrics appt @3pm (in & out in less than 20 minutes)

04/16/2009 Received pink notice of medical exam needed

04/17/2009 Had medical exam done by Civil Surgeon (have to return on Tuesday 04/21/2009 forResults)

04/24/2009 Papers delivered to Lees Summit (MSC) :o)

05/07/2009 Received email from CRIS that EAD card has been ordered & should arrive within 30 days

05/08/2009 Received email from CRIS that EAD Approval Notice was sent

05/09/2009 Received EAD card in mail YAAAAAY

05/12/2009 Applied for Social Security Card

05/15/2009 NOA received with I-485 interview date 07/20/2009

020b50f4b0.png

07/20/2009 AOS Interview in Orlando FL

07/21/2009 Email received " Card Production Ordered " YAAAAY 139 days!

07/24/2009 Welcome letter received! & Approval of I-130 also received! Yaaay

08/04/2009 Green Card received! Hoooraaaaay!!

Thanks so much Beth! (by the way my name is Kim LOL but I answer to anything nice :o ) ) Just wanted to make sure I was using all my resources!

Your so kind and helpful,

Hi Kim, I just try to help, many times I've posted questions, and got no replies, or the smart butt answers, UGH!

Its a tough journey, we are here to help and support each other thru good times, waiting times, and the bad times.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey everyone, I hope all is going well today. I am sitting at work and thought .... wonder what my fellow gilligans islanders are doing today.

I was thinking to call 30apr but I do not know if I will.

Alright for NVC maybe we need to make a list what you need make sure everyone has everything.

**more because anything to keep myself busy**

Also anyone on here thought about paperwork needed for interview.

I didnt send a ton of proff with my petition I was told adjucations officiers do not really care to dig through 100s of pages of extra evidence. I sent the minimum with pictures.

I am really curious ........ about interview paperwork....

Hey everyone, I hope all is going well today. I am sitting at work and thought .... wonder what my fellow gilligans islanders are doing today.

Alright for NVC maybe we need to make a list what you need make sure everyone has everything.

I didnt send a ton of proff with my petition I was told adjucations officiers do not really care to dig through 100s of pages of extra evidence. I sent the minimum with pictures.

Good morning,

YES, I sure did, I already have a 3 inch thick binder of evidence and 2 photo books, and adding to it all the time, phone bills, emails, and chats. Might want to start thinking of starting one.

Im thinking of calling May 1st May day, how approiate, LOL

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Courntey that is an AWESOME idea. I have been so focused on getting my I-130 approved that honestly I haven't studied the next steps the way I should have!!!

Betsy El Sum

Courntey that is an AWESOME idea. I have been so focused on getting my I-130 approved that honestly I haven't studied the next steps the way I should have!!!

Here is what I have so far for eveidence binder.

Copy of I-130 petition, exactly what I sent USCIS

Will enclose copies of NVC paperwork

Marriage cert.

My final divorce decree

My birth Cert.

Copy of his passport Bio-page only

Evidence of our 4 vacations together, receipts, boarding passes, luggage tags, etc.

Proof of our honeymoon. "Since we were married via proxy"

Over 2 years of phone bills high lighted texts and calls to each other. We have joint phone account in U.S. and he has his French phone company bills.

Over 2 years of emails the very 1st one to the very present email.

Chat logs

Original bank statements, joint checking and savings.

Proof of joint Master Cards

Joint utitliy bills.

Life insurance polcies on each other, showing beneficairy on each policy.

1 photo books of pictures, pictures and more pictures. With a ribbon and a pressed rose from a bouquet he gave me, and I have a pic of me holding the bouquet.

I also enclosed the documents of when we tried to marry in France, but our paperwork expired. receipts for translations, all of it.

1 photo book of the post cards he has sent me over the 2 years. "I collect France/Paris postcards"

Hubby did write on the post cards to me.

This is what I have so far, and as I mentioned, Im constantly adding to it.

So its a start for ones who has not yet started evidence folder.

Truly happy!!!

Marriage cert.

My final divorce decree

My birth Cert.

Evidence of our 4 vacations together, receipts, boarding passes, luggage tags, etc.

Over 2 years of phone bills high lighted texts and calls to each other. We have joint phone account in U.S. and he has his French phone company bills.

Chat logs

Joint utitliy bills.

1 photo books of pictures, pictures and more pictures. With a ribbon and a pressed rose from a bouquet he gave me, and I have a pic of me holding the bouquet.

I also enclosed the documents of when we tried to marry in France, but our paperwork expired. receipts for translations, all of it.

1 photo book of the post cards he has sent me over the 2 years. "I collect France/Paris postcards"

TO ADD TO ABOVE:

All is sectioned off, & pics with dates and places, I also have 2 DVD of videos we took on vacation together.

I will also add his medical info to binder when he has medical exam. And copies of the packets that the embassy will issue to us for the interview. I will also attend his interview.

Oh also with the joint banking, copies of our ATM cards for our joint bank account here in USA.

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

Marriage cert.

My final divorce decree

My birth Cert.

Chat logs

Joint utitliy bills.

TO ADD TO ABOVE:

All is sectioned off, & pics with dates and places, I also have 2 DVD of videos we took on vacation together.

I will also add his medical info to binder when he has medical exam. And copies of the packets that the embassy will issue to us for the interview. I will also attend his interview.

Oh also with the joint banking, copies of our ATM cards for our joint bank account here in USA.

FOR NVC:

For who has not started papers for NVC start on reading the guides first.

And print the DS-230 and the DS-3032 forms, get beneficary to sign them, this will save lots of time by starting here even before NOA 2.

DS-3032 is the Agent form. the beneficary appoints a agent, "petitioner" to act in their behalf. etc.

DS-230 Part 1 page 2 is where beneficary signs only for now. Part 2 page 4 is signed at interview.

Also beneficary may want to start looking into obtaining Police Certs. Cause these can take time to obtain.

So here is a start for NVC.

Truly happy!!!

Timeline

hehe sounds like you need to take a file cabinet to the interview :P

I have a 3 inch binder, its kind of full already but we dont have joint accounts yet. I suppose that I could he has a SSN so i mean i could add him.

I already added him to health insurance and working on the life insurance policys... trying to take X off is a pain in the rear.

I have an attorney in Amman that is fileing my nvc paperwork for me he sent me a list of documents he needs. I am sending them to my husband to look over in the next week. I have been waiting on tax transcripts for over 3 weeks hope they come in soon.

I am still thinking that I want to go on a suprise trip to Amman in May. It is only 3 or 4 days but 3 or 4 is better than none right ????? My good friend has already agreed to pick me up from the airport so.. hehe he will come home and I will be on the doorstep *** if I can remember how to find it***

Ok so now seriously I need to get ready for the interview that is what I am more worried about than anything else.

alright people to check in be back later

Timeline

wont let me edit my post I hate that when it happens... I already signed forms when I was there last time for AOS and something else I am having attorney send everything in. He has done it before I trust that he will finish it quickly ...

I dont think he likes my multiple emails every single day :devil:

HEHEHEEEEEE

wont let me edit my post I hate that when it happens... I already signed forms when I was there last time for AOS and something else I am having attorney send everything in. He has done it before I trust that he will finish it quickly ...

I dont think he likes my multiple emails every single day :devil:

HEHEHEEEEEE

I JUST GOT TOUCHED AGAIN TODAY, AND I DID NOT EVEN CALL TODAY!!!!!!! I called Monday, and Monday it was was touched cause I pormpted the touch. Please please get me off Survior Island!!! S.O.S. APPROVAL. S.O.S.

Truly happy!!!

I don't think anybody knows the exact science behind a "touch". Either way it's nice to know that SOMETHING is happening, even if it's just a date change on USCISs website. We got another touch today coinciding with this e-mail...

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On April 29, 2009, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Well, I know they received my evidence on 16 April (return receipt) and we had a touch on 22 April but it's nice to get an update anyway. Looks like these e-mails usually go out 1-2 weeks after the fact so I hope we're back in the race now.

[size=3]Timeline

8 November 2008 - Married

12 February 2009 - I-130 sent

16 February 2009 - I-130 received

24 February 2009 - NOA1 (California Service Center)

07 April 2009 - RFE (Divorce Decree)

15 April 2009 - Re-submitted divorce decree

16 April 2009 - received by CSC

22 April 2009 - touch

29 April 2009 - touch

30 April 2009 - NOA2

04 May 2009 - NOA2 received

11 May 2009 - NVC Case number assigned

18 May 2009 - AOS Bill/DS3032 generated

18 May 2009 - Paid AOS Bill

18 May 2009 - Returned completed D3032 (e-mail)

20 May 2009 - AOS bill shows PAID

20 May 2009 - Printed AOS cover sheet and mailed I-864EZ package

03 June 2009 - DS3032 accepted, IV bill available and paid

04 June 2009 - IV bill shows PAID, DS230 cover available

10 July 2009 - Package sent to Nvc

15 July 2009 - Package under review

23 July 2009 - Nvc Case COMPLETED!!!

24 July 2009 - Recorded message changes to Case completed

27 July 2009 - Got e mail notification with interview date (September, 8th 2009)

07 Aug 2009 - Medical Exam Completed ENVELOPE GIVEN

08 Sept 2009 - Interview APPROVED!!!!!!

09 Sept 2009 - Visa in Hand

12 Sept 2009 - Arrived in Puerto Rico

05 Oct 2009 - Green Card Arrives in the mail

I don't think anybody knows the exact science behind a "touch". Either way it's nice to know that SOMETHING is happening, even if it's just a date change on USCISs website. We got another touch today coinciding with this e-mail...

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On April 29, 2009, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Well, I know they received my evidence on 16 April (return receipt) and we had a touch on 22 April but it's nice to get an update anyway. Looks like these e-mails usually go out 1-2 weeks after the fact so I hope we're back in the race now.

I agree, nobody knows what a touch realy means, but seeing one lifts the spirts!!! That is for sure. Good luck, hope your RFE is quickly resolved.

Truly happy!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.