1. 1. Are you ever jealous?

• Very friken jealous
    • Sometimes
    • Never

75 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Sometimes!

When my cat goes to hubby to have her belly rubbed <_< freaken wee traitor, i feed her, clean her litter box, wot does hubby do? not a damn thing grrrrrrrr

Separated!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't think the word 'jealous' is accurate. I always thought jealousy as having to do with wanting something you don't have. What spouses do feel though is insecurity - and I'm certain everyone has their own threshold which varies from time to time.

An example - your pregnant wife finding an email one of your old girlfriends just sent you. Her threshold would be very low...I speak from experience. :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I rarely get jealous

Honestly...thats the BEST way to put it!! I have never been one to be a very jealous person but I think because I am apart from my girl alot that it makes it harder for me I suppose, but I do blame the distance. When were together, we have no problems at all but of course apart, we have the very rare spit spit about something small. I trust my girl with all my heart, but I do think a little jealousy also shows how much you care about the person and how much you love them. A little jealousy is common I say

Pre-USCIS:

07-20-2008: Fell In Love

10/15/2008: Jami and I meet for the first time

1-17-2009: Became Engaged In Nova Scotia

04-01-2009: Visit to Nova Scotia to see Jami

06-29-2009: Jami comes to Arizona to visit

01-08-2010: Married in Fredericton, NB Canada

01-11-2010: Jami allowed back down with me after marriage for 6 months

USCIS JOURNEY:

05-20-2010: I-130 Packet mailed out! ( Finally! )

05-22-2010: Packet received at Lockbox

05-28-2010: NOA1 ($355.00)

07-07-2010: Jami went back to Fredericton, NB :(

10-29-2010: NOA2 ( FINALLY! )

NVC JOURNEY:

11-05-10: Case received at NVC

11-06-10: Called automated machine and got NVC case number

11-08-10: Called and changed Jami's address and added my email to case for corraspondance updates

11-16-10: DS-3032 email generated and emailed to us

11-16-10: AOS fee bill generated and emailed to us

11-18-10: Paid AOS Bill ($88.00)

11-23-10: Mailed completed DS-3032 through Canada Post

12-01-10: NVC Received DS-3032 and updated in System

12-06-10: Mailed AOS packet overnight express

12-16-10: Paid IV Bill ($404.00)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

not jealous just get called by the ex's name ALL the freakn TIME .. next time im slapping!! it doesnt really annoy me because we do have a similar sounding name.. but for HEAVENS SAKE.. if i were his parents, id practice it like say the persons name a million times just so i get used to saying it so I dont say the ex's name.. (which they hated anyway!)

either they arent gossiping enough about me or something

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

If we are talking about jealousy in my marriage, I'd say I rarely have been jealous. I haven't had any real reasons to be. Now if Kavi acts like he likes daddy more than me sometimes, that can make me a little jealous. :lol::hehe:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'm never jealous in my relationship. The way I see it, if I ever had any reason to actually be jealous, the relationship would be over. Being jealous and mistrusting on a daily basis never really struck me as a solid foundation for a happy relationship.

It truly must be with the help of divine intervention that after entering into this well-defined bureaucratic process, we were blessed with the expected outcome within the predefined timeline. Praise deities!

I-129F timeline

-----

02-09-09 - I-129F sent.

02-11-09 - NOA1.

06-15-09 - NOA2.

08-27-09 - Packet 3 received.

10-03-09 - Packet 4 received.

10-08-09 - Interview date - Approved. (Visa in hand 10-16-09)

02-03-10 - Date of entry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't say I've ever felt jealousy in my relationship with my husband. He never gives me any reason to.

If he flirted with other women, like our friends or his co-workers, then I'd definitely be jealous.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Found this interesting....

Jealousy vs. Pathological Jealousy

Evolved people deeply understand: What you fear is what you create, and what you focus on grows.

For less evolved couples (individuals working on self-emotional security issues), jealousy can be used as an ingredient to help strengthen trust in a relationship, and can be ‘normal’ feelings of insecurity within love. This requires being honest about these feelings without projecting blame. This grants the person being confronted the ability to reassure and reconfirm their love and commitment to the insecure individual and also enables them to realise the person discussing these fears loves them enough to care and discuss their feelings in a controlled and honest manner.

A discussion on ‘jealousy’ (insecurity) can actually bring two people in love into an even deeper intimacy and connection. As with any ‘disruption’ within a love relationship, if a greater result is sought and a genuine desire to fully listen and understand the other individual is created, then a third and higher solution can be born... This is true interdependence – which is the goal of love relationships.

The Devastation of Pathological Jealousy

Pathological jealousy is a totally different story. This form of jealousy means an individual believes they have exclusive ownership over another and that this ownership is necessary for them to maintain the relationship.

http://www.melanietoniaevans.com.au/articl...athological.htm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I rarely get jealous and hope it stays that way. I don't like the feeling. However, I do believe that it shows my SO that I care. He reminds me that he never loved anyone before so that makes me feel better.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife is not really jealous of my Chinese girlfriend or my Korean girlfriend. She is a little jealous of my white American girlfriend, which is somewhat ironic, being as that's the least serious relationship of the four.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Not very, in fact not at all.

If I thought my old lady was the cheatin' type, I wouldn't have married her. I have better things to worry about.

She can be a bit jealous, but I think she ultimately feels the same as me, as in she trusts me and my intentions. She isn't very impressed that I'm good friends with some of my ex-girlfriends, but those are dear friends of mine whom I have no intention of cutting off ties to, so tough luck.

Go listen to some free beats:

http://beatbasement.com/bb.htm

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i have to admit im jealous......first time i met perviz in person his family and mine went to a resort in the mountain area, he left for a couple of days and when he returned he was with this drop dead beautiful girl, didnt tell me who she was omg

turned out to be a sister i had never met but thats the day i found out im jealous

sara

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Depends on the situation.

Am I jealous that all my friend's are setting up home with their other halfs now and can spend all their time with them? No cos I know that will happen with us soon.

Am I jealous that my sister is eating a big bar of chocolate? Yes cos I'm trying to watch my weight.