GJen

is applying for fiance visa really worth it?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello

I'm from Venezuela and my fiance and I are planning on applying for fiance visa in a couple of weeks. So far I have heard of two friends of mine who have tried to get the fiance visa. They all said it was just a waste of money, that they waited and waited and they never got an answer and they also spent so much money on it. So My Question is: Is it really worth it to apply for a fiance visa? It would be great if anyone from Venezuela who is going/went through the process let me know their point of view of Fiance visa. Thank you so much!

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello

I'm from Venezuela and my fiance and I are planning on applying for fiance visa in a couple of weeks. So far I have heard of two friends of mine who have tried to get the fiance visa. They all said it was just a waste of money, that they waited and waited and they never got an answer and they also spent so much money on it. So My Question is: Is it really worth it to apply for a fiance visa? It would be great if anyone from Venezuela who is going/went through the process let me know their point of view of Fiance visa. Thank you so much!

The short answer is yes. What's your alternative?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Worked fine for us.

The waiting is normal, USCIS is processing name checks on thousands of petitions, so it takes time to process.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Question - what is love worth to you? a few months in exchange for the rest of your lives together? Is that worth it to you? Purely personal decision there mate!

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Hello

It's either a K1 or get married and do K3 or CR-1.

"Is it really worth it to apply for a fiance visa? "

I guess that depends on the fiancee!!! :bonk:

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hello

How long have your friends waited? This process is about waiting. Check out the timelines and see what the average times are. It will give you a better idea on what to expect.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes it is worth so much.......

AOS

06-15-09..... Sent AOS Package

06-25-09..... Recieved NOA AOS EAD AP

06-29-09..... Recieved Biometrics appointment for July 21

07-10-09..... Case transfered to California

08-05-09..... AOS Card production ordered

08-06-09..... AP approval sent

08-06-09..... EAD Card production ordered

08-11-09..... Got my GREENCARD

08-13-09..... Got my EAD card and AP

yes it is worth so much.......

If he/she is really important then YES course its worth it, as others have posted whats the alternative a lifetime of solitude knowing your soul mate got away from you cos of a few months of stress waiting for USless??????

GO FOR IT!

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello!

I have been to Caracas before. It was an interesting city, but I went before Chavez came into power. From what I understand, Venezuela is a difficult place to live, but I wouldn't know. Would your fiancee want to live in Venezuela? If so, there is no reason to get a fiancee visa. If you have a sincere love for each other and want to live in the US, yes! Do the fiancee visa. It's hard to leave your own country, so you need to really love your fiancee a lot. Can you leave your country and be away for at least 6 months? Is this the person you want to spend the rest of your life with?

Those are the kinds of questions you want to ask yourself. If you just want to go to the US for a visit, it would be the wrong type of visa.

Hello

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i'm waiting for ken to answer.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

if you have other choices then do it.

K3 or spouse visa.

or have your partner join you through a visitors/tourist visa and marry her then change status.

but if those are not possible, then do the K1.

true it costs a lot. but its up to you and your fiance to sacrifice on the filing expenses/application fees and what not.

i am not from venezuela but i think in a way we are the same or almost the same in this whole process.

is it worth it?

yes.

in a way it tests how strong your relationship is, how much you want to be together, etc.

but other than the lovey dovey part, it is the better way to do things.

good luck.

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

06-11-08 - RFE on uscis website

08-12-08 - fiance started calling uscis every week cos he never got the RFE in the mail, requested for a new one

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-15-08 - new RFE finally in the mail (after hundreds of calls to uscis)

10-28-08 - fiance sent back RFE documents

10-31-08 - touched

11-04-08 - RFE reply recieved

11-05-08 - touched

11-10-08 - APPROVED (on uscis website)

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

11-24-08 - consulate received

12-15-08 - day 1 medical exam at SLEC

12-16-08 - day 2 medical exam results released

01-07-09 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

09-23-09 - repeat biometrics (argh!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

What happened to your friends probably won't happen to you if you follow all the guides and advice from folks on here. I have learned so much from all the folks here and even if I drove them insane with questions, they still were helpful.

The guides are easy to read and understand. If you have all the paperwork in order and proof of a bonafide relationship, then you should not have any issues.

YES it is a long wait BUT if you truly love someone it is worth the 6-9 months to get them home to spend the rest of your lives together. The longest part of the wait is the NOA2 after that its faster.

So to answer your question....YES it is worth it, because I get to spend the rest of my life with my Kai!!

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
or have your partner join you through a visitors/tourist visa and marry her then change status.

Probably not best to be advising someone to do this. If you mean for them to come here on a visitor's visa with the intent of marrying and adjusting status, then what you are advising is visa fraud. I would tread lightly with such advice.

To the OP: Of course it's worth it if your fiancee is worth it. It's time consuming, frustrating, and can be costly. But is it worth it? Heck yeah.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

Probably not best to be advising someone to do this. If you mean for them to come here on a visitor's visa with the intent of marrying and adjusting status, then what you are advising is visa fraud. I would tread lightly with such advice.

To the OP: Of course it's worth it if your fiancee is worth it. It's time consuming, frustrating, and can be costly. But is it worth it? Heck yeah.

i did not mean it the illegal way.

i meant if the fiance already had the visitor's visa, why not marry there? since the OP's problem here was how much they were gonna spend and if it was worth the expense.

well my bad.

i meant IF the partner already had a tourist/visitors visa.

i had a tourist visa and still came flew back to the PI then apply for K1. if i only knew it was that costly and with USCIS delaying things, i should have just stayed and got married. but still regardless... weighing it down... i was glad we went through the K1 cos it got me thinking if i really wanted to be with my bf and vice versa.

USCIS really shook the insanity in both of us. and made us realize how we really felt for each other.

it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

you truly find out how important you are to the other person. everything was worth it.

Edited by PrettyFlower

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

06-11-08 - RFE on uscis website

08-12-08 - fiance started calling uscis every week cos he never got the RFE in the mail, requested for a new one

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-15-08 - new RFE finally in the mail (after hundreds of calls to uscis)

10-28-08 - fiance sent back RFE documents

10-31-08 - touched

11-04-08 - RFE reply recieved

11-05-08 - touched

11-10-08 - APPROVED (on uscis website)

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

11-24-08 - consulate received

12-15-08 - day 1 medical exam at SLEC

12-16-08 - day 2 medical exam results released

01-07-09 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

09-23-09 - repeat biometrics (argh!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.