GJen

is applying for fiance visa really worth it?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
or have your partner join you through a visitors/tourist visa and marry her then change status.

Probably not best to be advising someone to do this. If you mean for them to come here on a visitor's visa with the intent of marrying and adjusting status, then what you are advising is visa fraud. I would tread lightly with such advice.

To the OP: Of course it's worth it if your fiancee is worth it. It's time consuming, frustrating, and can be costly. But is it worth it? Heck yeah.

i did not mean it the illegal way.

i meant if the fiance already had the visitor's visa, why not marry there? since the OP's problem here was how much they were gonna spend and if it was worth the expense.

well my bad.

i meant IF the partner already had a tourist/visitors visa.

i had a tourist visa and still came flew back to the PI then apply for K1. if i only knew it was that costly and with USCIS delaying things, i should have just stayed and got married. but still regardless... weighing it down... i was glad we went through the K1 cos it got me thinking if i really wanted to be with my bf and vice versa.

USCIS really shook the insanity in both of us. and made us realize how we really felt for each other.

it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

you truly find out how important you are to the other person. everything was worth it.

Just to be clear...

Having the visitor's visa issued is not the problem.. just because you have a visitor's visa to the U.S. does not mean you can use it to immigrate.

Entering the United States with a visitor's visa with the intention of marrying and then adjusting status so that you can stay ....is illegal.

Obtaining a visitor's visa with every intention of using it to come to the US, marry and then adjust is misrepresentation and is also illegal.

Any way you look at it, entering the Country on anything but a fiance/spousal visa (or a dual intent visa that allows for it) with the intention of adjusting status is fraud and punishable in the form of a ban. It is also against the VJ TOS to suggest any form of immigration fraud.

I realize some so-called professionals may suggest this (entering on a visitor's visa/marrying/adjusting) as an option but it is a slippery slope to go down and one I believe could result in many legal issues and heartbreak for these couples.

The folks that enter the Country, meet the 'love of their lives' or simply decide (after arrival) to marry and adjust status are not breaking any laws because the person immigrating did not enter the Country with the intent of immigrating.

I hope this clears things up and makes sense.

Edited by KimandRuss
timeline.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hello

I'm from Venezuela and my fiance and I are planning on applying for fiance visa in a couple of weeks. So far I have heard of two friends of mine who have tried to get the fiance visa. They all said it was just a waste of money, that they waited and waited and they never got an answer and they also spent so much money on it. So My Question is: Is it really worth it to apply for a fiance visa? It would be great if anyone from Venezuela who is going/went through the process let me know their point of view of Fiance visa. Thank you so much!

The short answer is yes. What's your alternative?

A lot of people are coming up from South and Central America and crossing the border illegally.

They have anchor babies, hoping they can stay in USA.

A lot of cities in USA are now Sanctuary Cities, and Illegals are given safety in these cities, which is insane to me...

What on earth does your post have to do with the OP's? He's asking about the benefit of applying for a K1 and you are talking about illegals from SA and CA....

The question was "What's your alternatives?

Read the questions and comments before making an off hand remark next time, Thanks.......

Um, considering this forum does not condone giving advice for illegal immigration, and what he suggested is illegal, I think it was a valid question, don't you?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Wow Thank you all for your responses, I didn't think so many people were gonna answer this thread :)

I do love my fiance so it's not like I was hesitating to go through the process because I was not sure of our love or if she was not really worth all the effort and money I'll put into this process, She IS totally worth it so don't get me wrong, I was just wondering if this process actually had a good happy ending. I guess I didnt explain myself so well!

I have heard from two of my close friends that it's not worth it because I think they got it denied or something and then they tried to get the K3, but it also took too long so now they are moving to China (Yes, such a huge change) So that's all I was asking if this actually worked for most people here.

well I also posted this thread to see if I could have some answers from people who went through the process dealing with the embassy in Venezuela, I'm not sure how it all works but I thought maybe this process would be affected also by the country the embassy is located, like maybe the same limitation or restrictions the USA Embassy has in Venezuela are not the same as in England y'know? (just an example). I have heard about "high fraud countries" and how the USA Embassy has so many restriction for them and how they deny more visas to these countries than others, that's also why I was asking this question, maybe for other people from different countries the fiance visa is actually a piece of cake but maybe for others it's just a disappointment so I was wondering what it is like in Venezuela ANYWAY I think I'm rambling on now ! sorry

oh one more thing, I do not plan on getting a tourist visa and get into the United States of America and attempt to change my status there, I do think it's illegal and I don't want my love story be based on some illigal froud.. since changing status is not the real purpose of the tourist visa

So anyway thank yall and if you have any other comments keep posting :)

Hello

I'm from Venezuela and my fiance and I are planning on applying for fiance visa in a couple of weeks. So far I have heard of two friends of mine who have tried to get the fiance visa. They all said it was just a waste of money, that they waited and waited and they never got an answer and they also spent so much money on it. So My Question is: Is it really worth it to apply for a fiance visa? It would be great if anyone from Venezuela who is going/went through the process let me know their point of view of Fiance visa. Thank you so much!

The short answer is yes. What's your alternative?

A lot of people are coming up from South and Central America and crossing the border illegally.

They have anchor babies, hoping they can stay in USA.

A lot of cities in USA are now Sanctuary Cities, and Illegals are given safety in these cities, which is insane to me...

What on earth does your post have to do with the OP's? He's asking about the benefit of applying for a K1 and you are talking about illegals from SA and CA....

The question was "What's your alternatives?

Read the questions and comments before making an off hand remark next time, Thanks.......

Um, considering this forum does not condone giving advice for illegal immigration, and what he suggested is illegal, I think it was a valid question, don't you?

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.