Risto

The voice of the survivor of Islamic terror

109 posts in this topic

I must have missed the muslim uprising of muslim terrorists. It must be a silent uprising, it certainly isnt dancing in the streets.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Inshallah we all need to take a stand when needed, and at the same time I refuse to be apologetic. The real true Islam is something beautiful and those who misrepresent should be obvious to the informed person. And at the same time things that are true but sometimes conflict with what our society deems as "ok" or 'normal" I wont apologize for, I live in this society but the society does not live in me, Islam does.

No-one is asking you to apologise for your religion. But people are asking Muslims to make a stand, a stand against the radicals that are infecting your faith, making it appear diseased in the eyes of the non-Islamic world. The more that do, the more the perception the world has will be changed.

Moderate muslims do speak up all the time against this stuff but it's not what sells advertising on Fox news so unless you google it you're not going to find it. Imagine if the furor against Islam were stopped because there was a news organization that presented things fairly and showed statements from all of the islamic organizations condemning terrorism........you'd have to now look for another scapegoat to hate. :blink:

when we do speak up we are attacked verbally

To HP, I say that you should never make assumptions about me. You don't know me, you don't know my religious beliefs and you sure as hell don't know what TV news I watch. FYI, I really don't like the American TV news channels, without exception. Given the chance, I watch the BBC, who, in my opinion, do a better job in their news broadcasts, of reporting the news and not adding "spin".

Also, don't tar me with an anti-Islam tag. I'm not looking for "another scapegoat to hate". I'm not looking for someone to blame. I'm looking for someone to make a difference I'm looking for someone not to stand by while militancy ruins what hopes there are for a peaceful resolution. I don't know what solution is to the Israeli/Fatah/Hamas equation. But I hope that someone out there can find it. Hate is a four letter word. So is hope, and it's as a word that has more value for me.

To Estadia, when you speak up to try and find a solution that works, people will listen to you. They will have no choice. When you speak up to criticise others for what they perceive as the problem, you are only contributing to the problem and so you lay yourself open to attack. Fear of speaking up has never, ever, helped a situation. It has only contributed to making the situation worse. The only thing to fear is fear itself.

there is no solution talking can give, all Muslims state that the people that are terrorist are not Muslim not Christian they have no God....I am not critical of others its their opinion, how ever I dont feel it is right to attack anyone just because they are Muslim........it is not fear that keeps me silent for the most part but the fact that talking to people that hate u for ur religion can not be changed anymore than a terrorist can change real Islam.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
To HP, I say that you should never make assumptions about me. You don't know me, you don't know my religious beliefs and you sure as hell don't know what TV news I watch. FYI, I really don't like the American TV news channels, without exception. Given the chance, I watch the BBC, who, in my opinion, do a better job in their news broadcasts, of reporting the news and not adding "spin".

Also, don't tar me with an anti-Islam tag. I'm not looking for "another scapegoat to hate". I'm not looking for someone to blame. I'm looking for someone to make a difference I'm looking for someone not to stand by while militancy ruins what hopes there are for a peaceful resolution. I don't know what solution is to the Israeli/Fatah/Hamas equation. But I hope that someone out there can find it. Hate is a four letter word. So is hope, and it's as a word that has more value for me.

I apologize. I didn't write that properly and wasn't meaning to target you specifically. I have a bad cold and need more caffeine but I still believe that the news is defnintely tainted anti-islam and that's why you don't see all of the comments from moderate islam and I also think that many people have an internal need to hate on some group of people. Throughout time those people have changed whether they be new immigrants, etc. Right now it's Islam and I predict if we're still here in 20 years it will be some other group.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think there's a group of people that really doesn't have any interest in changing their perception of Islam. As they say, "everything I need to know about Islam I learned on 9/11."

I think there's a group of people that really doesn't have any interest in changing their perception of Islam. As they say, "everything I need to know about Islam I learned on 9/11."

I think there is a group of muslims that need to stand up against radicals within the same religion. The silence is deafening.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think there is a group of muslims that need to stand up against radicals within the same religion. The silence is deafening.

My point is that most would not (and do not, for that matter) want to listen.

of course that do not care to listen as they are programmed with their views and any voice is seen as westernized

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline

Selective Hearing of Muslim Voices Against Extremism and Terrorism

by Sheila Musaji

A recent article “The silence of the American Muslim community on terrorism speaks loudly” by JIm Ragano* is typical of the selective hearing of those who have made up their minds about Islam and Muslims.

“The American Muslim,” an important Islamic organ and one that claims the label of “moderate Muslim,” is hypersensitive to the feelings of many Americans that Muslims are silent on terrorism. TAM states that “Muslims are accused of not speaking up or of not speaking up loudly or clearly enough. This is a baseless claim.” To support their position they provide a section of their Web site that ostensibly provides the reader with hundreds examples of “Muslims against extremism.”

After pointing to a few recent articles under the heading of MAE (Muslims Against Extremism) he comes to the conclusion that As far as the American Muslim population generally is concerned, I continue to find little but silence.

It is interesting that in his research of The American Muslim site he entirely missed all of the fatwas and statements by organizations and individuals in the 466 items that come up in a search of MAE on the site.

A few months ago, Thomas Friedman made the same error in an article If It’s A Muslim Problem It Needs a Muslim Solution in which he said “To this day - to this day - no major Muslim cleric or religious body has ever issued a fatwa condemning Osama bin Laden.”

I suppose it all depends on how you define “cleric”, or “fatwa”, or define who is a “major” or significant cleric or religious body, but I certainly cannot agree that Muslims - ordinary Muslims, clerics, scholars, religious bodies, political leaders (Sunni and Shiah) have not spoken up.

We have collected 105 fatwas from Islamic scholars, 75 statements by Islamic Organizations (many of these signed by anywhere from 50 to 500 scholars from around the world), and 142 statements by individual Muslims. These are from 30 countries including: Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Belgium, Britain, Chechnya, Egypt, France, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mauritania, Morocco, New Zealand, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, U.S., Yemen.

They speak clearly against terrorism, suicide bombing, kidnapping, harming civilians, harming places of worship, weapons of mass destruction. They clarify the Islamic position on minority rights and apostasy. Some directly condemn al-Qaeda and bin Laden, and specific acts like 9/11 or the Madrid bombing.

There is almost no issue involving terrorism, extremism, or injustice that has not been addressed. Most Islamic scholars have spoken clearly.

We have now put online a number of summary collections of these materials so that they can be easily accessed without having to spend hours searching:

RESOURCES

Muslim Voices Against Extremism and Terrorism - Resources (collections of articles and references)

- Part I Fatwas

- Part II Statements by Organizations

- Part III Statements and Articles by Individuals

- Part IV A Few Quotes

- Part V The Muslim Majority Who Don’t Get Publicity

- Selective Hearing of Muslim Voices Against Extremism

- Sunni Shia Resource - collection of articles

- Polls, statistics, and surveys relating to Islam and Muslims

- Resources for Responses to Islamophobia and Allegations Against Islam and Muslims

- Claim That All Terrorists are Muslims Ignores History collection of incidents and responses

- Islamophobia - Alarming Statements 1 - 2000 and before

- Islamophobia - Alarming Statements 2 - 2001-2005

- Islamophobia - Alarming Statements 3 - 2006-2007

- Mosques that have experienced vandalism or violent incidents

- Islamophobia - Incidents

We are working to complete additional categories and will get them online as part of this series as soon as possible.

We will update these regularly, and would appreciate information about any items that are missing.

The next time someone says “where are the Muslim voices?”, or “why don’t the Muslims speak up?” refer them to this resource.

http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/featu...rrorism/0012212

The links at the end of the article probably won't show up here but I'm not going to copy and paste them since it'll probably fall on deaf ears anyhow.

by Sheila Musaji

A recent article “The silence of the American Muslim community on terrorism speaks loudly” by JIm Ragano* is typical of the selective hearing of those who have made up their minds about Islam and Muslims.

“The American Muslim,” an important Islamic organ and one that claims the label of “moderate Muslim,” is hypersensitive to the feelings of many Americans that Muslims are silent on terrorism. TAM states that “Muslims are accused of not speaking up or of not speaking up loudly or clearly enough. This is a baseless claim.” To support their position they provide a section of their Web site that ostensibly provides the reader with hundreds examples of “Muslims against extremism.”

After pointing to a few recent articles under the heading of MAE (Muslims Against Extremism) he comes to the conclusion that As far as the American Muslim population generally is concerned, I continue to find little but silence.

It is interesting that in his research of The American Muslim site he entirely missed all of the fatwas and statements by organizations and individuals in the 466 items that come up in a search of MAE on the site.

A few months ago, Thomas Friedman made the same error in an article If It’s A Muslim Problem It Needs a Muslim Solution in which he said “To this day - to this day - no major Muslim cleric or religious body has ever issued a fatwa condemning Osama bin Laden.”

I suppose it all depends on how you define “cleric”, or “fatwa”, or define who is a “major” or significant cleric or religious body, but I certainly cannot agree that Muslims - ordinary Muslims, clerics, scholars, religious bodies, political leaders (Sunni and Shiah) have not spoken up.

We have collected 105 fatwas from Islamic scholars, 75 statements by Islamic Organizations (many of these signed by anywhere from 50 to 500 scholars from around the world), and 142 statements by individual Muslims. These are from 30 countries including: Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Belgium, Britain, Chechnya, Egypt, France, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mauritania, Morocco, New Zealand, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, U.S., Yemen.

They speak clearly against terrorism, suicide bombing, kidnapping, harming civilians, harming places of worship, weapons of mass destruction. They clarify the Islamic position on minority rights and apostasy. Some directly condemn al-Qaeda and bin Laden, and specific acts like 9/11 or the Madrid bombing.

There is almost no issue involving terrorism, extremism, or injustice that has not been addressed. Most Islamic scholars have spoken clearly.

We have now put online a number of summary collections of these materials so that they can be easily accessed without having to spend hours searching:

RESOURCES

Muslim Voices Against Extremism and Terrorism - Resources (collections of articles and references)

- Part I Fatwas

- Part IV A Few Quotes

- Resources for Responses to Islamophobia and Allegations Against Islam and Muslims

- Claim That All Terrorists are Muslims Ignores History collection of incidents and responses

We are working to complete additional categories and will get them online as part of this series as soon as possible.

We will update these regularly, and would appreciate information about any items that are missing.

The next time someone says “where are the Muslim voices?”, or “why don’t the Muslims speak up?” refer them to this resource.

The links at the end of the article probably won't show up here but I'm not going to copy and paste them since it'll probably fall on deaf ears anyhow.

That is a far cry from millions in the streets protesting the hijacking of the muslim religion.

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

by Sheila Musaji

RESOURCES

- Part I Fatwas

- Part IV A Few Quotes

That is a far cry from millions in the streets protesting the hijacking of the muslim religion.

Millions in the streets? Are you serious? Ok tell me EXACTLY what would make you happy and I'll text a memo to the ummah. Might take a while but I'll see what I can do.

by Sheila Musaji

RESOURCES

- Part I Fatwas

- Part IV A Few Quotes

Millions in the streets? Are you serious? Ok tell me EXACTLY what would make you happy and I'll text a memo to the ummah. Might take a while but I'll see what I can do.

Millions is prolly a bit much, how about a thousand.

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

by Sheila Musaji

RESOURCES

- Part I Fatwas

- Part IV A Few Quotes

Millions is prolly a bit much, how about a thousand.

So far I have 3. Gimme a few more hours. Which muslims, does age/sex matter? 'cause we have us a whole lotta babies so that could skew things a bit unless they're acceptable to you.

A bit bitter are we? Sheesh!

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Too bad all Muslims don't get blown up to pieces when one Muslim terrorist blows himself up... would be a good deterrent.

so in your whole worth of life theory, I am a senior financial analyst, have two children and am an active member of the PTA but because I'm muslim my worth = 0. :unsure:

No, but I bet you'd take Muslim terrorism more seriously if, as part of the Muslim/Borg "collective", you could literally feel the victims' pain.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Too bad all Muslims don't get blown up to pieces when one Muslim terrorist blows himself up... would be a good deterrent.

so in your whole worth of life theory, I am a senior financial analyst, have two children and am an active member of the PTA but because I'm muslim my worth = 0. :unsure:

No, but I bet you'd take Muslim terrorism more seriously if, as part of the Muslim/Borg "collective", you could literally feel the victims' pain.

If Locutus becomes their leader, I'm outta here!