205 posts in this topic

LaL you have to read this story from the beginning. I've never seen or heard anything like this.....

You have to start with:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=163060

Then read:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=166427

Sorry no cliff notes on this one, you have to really DIG your way into this pile. May I politely suggest you hold your nose?

Sheesh ####### is all this #######?

i don't get it.

The most awesome story ever told. That's what it is!

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: Timeline

I have been reading these threads for so long. I am actually going to miss it.

I still hope that the poster is not lying about his marriage but I don't know who I feel sorry for anymore. The girl does deserve to be out and maybe move back to her country for her own good and his and his kids too. He needs to sort his life out first and stop blaming God, mum, kids, miscarriage, border patrol and immigration for his problems (Note - She does too!).

I just think their life is too complicated right now to get together to mess it up more. Both don't seem ready for this marriage.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I still hope that the poster is not lying about his marriage but I don't know who I feel sorry for anymore. The girl does deserve to be out and maybe move back to her country for her own good and his and his kids too. He needs to sort his life out first and stop blaming God, mum, kids, miscarriage, border patrol and immigration for his problems (Note - She does too!).

I just think their life is too complicated right now to get together to mess it up more. Both don't seem ready for this marriage.

Note - We haven't heard from her. He does, so of course he would say she does.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
And still... no news as of when will be the hearing ??

I also thing is a great lesson to all.... don't wait to fill up AOS.... (Honestly I thought it was ok to wait a bit).

Other thing....I think US immigration folks should make you pay the 1010$ in advance and before leaving our countries ! then there would not be theses kind of drama.

Still no news on the hearing.

Although, soon as it is awarded, it will take place within 72 hours from the moment it is.

I'm praying it will be this week so we can have her home by Christmas.

Obviously, after this experience, I've learned it is not OK to wait. We seriously did not know the repercussions of waiting in limbo.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Are you serious? I mean really. Because it says so in the K1 directions it is only good for 90 days then they are out of status. Also it is even on the tips and guides here at VJ, I just wonder how you could overlook this. Also why didn't you save up enough money in advance before taking someone out of their home half way around the world then not being able to afford the apply for their visa or AOS to keep them legal, it is a big responsibility after all and does need to be planned out in advance, there are costs involved in this process you surely could see in advance. I just am amazed how you overlooked this all. Good luck with your next step in all this. Wow. :wacko:

And still... no news as of when will be the hearing ??

I also thing is a great lesson to all.... don't wait to fill up AOS.... (Honestly I thought it was ok to wait a bit).

Other thing....I think US immigration folks should make you pay the 1010$ in advance and before leaving our countries ! then there would not be theses kind of drama.

Still no news on the hearing.

Although, soon as it is awarded, it will take place within 72 hours from the moment it is.

I'm praying it will be this week so we can have her home by Christmas.

Obviously, after this experience, I've learned it is not OK to wait. We seriously did not know the repercussions of waiting in limbo.

Timeline
Ok, lets cut right to the chase......can we seriously believe a word you say? First of all, having had a loved one in the prison system, I can tell that you are FLAT OUT lying.

NO ONE, I REPEAT NO ONE gets to speak to the "officer who arrested your wife" about the case. It simply doesn't happen. No officer of the law would EVER speak with you about a pending case, especially one in which you are the defendant's husband. That statement is laughable.

Next, NO PRISON GUARDS in this country would dare speak about the guilt or innocence of inmates. They would lose their jobs. Having been a visitor to more than one prison in my life, I can tell you that the demeaner of prison guards (while on duty) is pretty standard. IT IS NOT one of chattiness and feeling sorry for the inmates. Unless of course, you happen to meet them off duty (like you coincidentally met those shelter workers!!!). Another tall tale.

And finally, how the hell did you meet "SO MANY INNOCENT MEN AND WOMEN in THAT PRISON" When I visited my friend, I had limited time, and I certainly wasn't moving around from table to table, meeting all the "innocent" inmates. I was concentrating on the person closest to me, AND ONLY THEM. So in the limited visiting time at the prison, you managed to solve ALL the problems of your marriage, charm the pants off the guards and get them to admit the innocence of most of the inmates, AND Meet all of those great innocent people too!!!! WOW, amazing. Your story stinks to HIGH HELL

You're wrong. I have no reason to lie here, so I will gladly break your post down.

You most certain CAN speak with the officer who arrested your spouse. In fact, the form they gave her at the prison included his name, along with the Chief officer over him who signed off on the papers. I spoke with him, twice actually, because I needed to know where he put my wife's luggage, since it was up for disposal after 30 days. Also, I was not afraid to ask questions, which is precisely what I did. Soon as my wife's notarized written request arrives in the mail, I'll be able to pick up her belongings.

I've spoken with quite a few people, actually. Including that man's boss, the attorney general, all three wardens, all four case managers, and the case worker handling my wife's case. Maybe you don't know how to contact these individuals, and perhaps that is why you cannot speak to them in your experience. Also, who were you visiting? You can get more information than you think as a spouse. All you need is the correct information, such as the A# and correct spelling of the name. What is laughable is your attempt to call me a liar over something you clearly know less about than you claim to.

Obviously, you know just as little about Guards as well--or perhaps the guards at the prison you visited were different. The guards in the front at the check-in were quite friendly, and conversative. They had a number of stories to tell while I stood there waiting for time to pass by. Also, they are not going to lose their jobs over conversation such as that unless they're specifying names of inmates, and compromising someone's identity. I'm sure they obtained many of their stories from visitors who were visiting inmates. Now the guards roaming the back area where the visitation booth was, however, were very quiet and standard acting. I did not speak to any of them, and perhaps those are the types of guards you're "thinking" about.

Also, it's so nice of you to read more into what I said than what is there. I obviously did not go walking around the prison "meeting" people with handshakes, as you seem to interpret. I am using the term quite loosely, as my meeting was simply watching them pass by behind my wife while I was at the visitation window--not to mention they were standing in lines on the other sides of the windows. Also, on the second day I visited, there were multiple people inside the visitation rooms; and prior to visiting, and after visiting, all of us visitors would conversate with each other, and that is how I was able to determine much of the innocence of the inmates--not to mention overhearing some of the loud-mouth visitors who spoke way too loud. I consider the inmates there, due to paperwork flaws, as innocent. These people haven't committed some crime worthy of prison. They've not murdered anyone, or committed theft, etc.

I think it's plain sad they should endure such a horrible situation along with true criminals. Men and women who have paperwork flaws should be held in a much more accomodating facility than that.

My point is that immigrants are treated like scum by these places, and it's not right on any level.

We are certainly not fakes, and everything I've informed folks about has happened. I suggest you quit twisting around things I say, and let others learn from some of these lessons. After going through these things firsthand, I'll certainly be able to help someone else in a similar crisis in the future.

Life is nothing more than a learning experience, and of course, once we figure it out, we die.

Timeline
Are you serious? I mean really. Because it says so in the K1 directions it is only good for 90 days then they are out of status. Also it is even on the tips and guides here at VJ, I just wonder how you could overlook this. Also why didn't you save up enough money in advance before taking someone out of their home half way around the world then not being able to afford the apply for their visa or AOS to keep them legal, it is a big responsibility after all and does need to be planned out in advance, there are costs involved in this process you surely could see in advance. I just am amazed how you overlooked this all. Good luck with your next step in all this. Wow. :wacko:

Actually, yes, I'm serious. We both knew we were not financially ready for the move, but we took the financial risk because we wanted to be together. Love makes you do impractical things. We learned our lesson.

We did not take the "out of status" thing serious, primarily because an immigration officer in Guam we gave her medical to, told us in conversation that being out of status was not a big deal, and that his sister's husband was out of status for three years before applying for adjustment. I asked him, because I had lost my job back in the states that week due to a contract buyout, and I knew I'd be 3-5 weeks without pay upon return while transferring to the new location.

In our minds, we were just thinking, "As long as we can be together, we'll get it done when we can."

Unfortunately, the reality of it was much more difficult, and there were legal risks we were not at all aware of.

So, here we are, learning life's lesson the hard way.

Thankfully, we've at least resolved our relationship woes, and now we just have to face this legal battle.

Timeline

Hey, now, don't give up on us yet!

First, don't listen to the nay-sayers. Our marriage is very real, and some of them are just upset because I mentioned God helped us through some of our struggles. Not everyone believes in God, and to each his/her own. God doesn't stop existing because certain people don't believe in Him. The same as my marriage doesn't become less real because some people are mad at me.

Also, I did not blame all of those references on my problems. I analyzed our situation from start to finish, and openly blamed myself and admitted my problems. I certainly do not blame God for anything, other than helping me get my life straightened out, and for helping us work out our marriage's communication error.

We "weren't" ready previously, that I can agree with. We are now, however, and things will be much different once we get through this legal complication. I'm talking with her everyday now that she got some calling cards, and I can assure you of that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

this is giving ken a run for his money.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
Are you telling me that Men and Women are being housed together? Just please answer that question and lets end this charade.

Housed together? No.

Men and women at the same facility? Yes.

They have separate units on either side of the prison. It is a detention prison designed for immigrants only.

The women are locked in on the women's side, and the men are locked in on the men's side.

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
Ok, lets cut right to the chase......can we seriously believe a word you say? First of all, having had a loved one in the prison system, I can tell that you are FLAT OUT lying.

NO ONE, I REPEAT NO ONE gets to speak to the "officer who arrested your wife" about the case. It simply doesn't happen. No officer of the law would EVER speak with you about a pending case, especially one in which you are the defendant's husband. That statement is laughable.

Next, NO PRISON GUARDS in this country would dare speak about the guilt or innocence of inmates. They would lose their jobs. Having been a visitor to more than one prison in my life, I can tell you that the demeaner of prison guards (while on duty) is pretty standard. IT IS NOT one of chattiness and feeling sorry for the inmates. Unless of course, you happen to meet them off duty (like you coincidentally met those shelter workers!!!). Another tall tale.

And finally, how the hell did you meet "SO MANY INNOCENT MEN AND WOMEN in THAT PRISON" When I visited my friend, I had limited time, and I certainly wasn't moving around from table to table, meeting all the "innocent" inmates. I was concentrating on the person closest to me, AND ONLY THEM. So in the limited visiting time at the prison, you managed to solve ALL the problems of your marriage, charm the pants off the guards and get them to admit the innocence of most of the inmates, AND Meet all of those great innocent people too!!!! WOW, amazing. Your story stinks to HIGH HELL

Also, on the second day I visited, there were multiple people inside the visitation rooms; and prior to visiting, and after visiting, all of us visitors would conversate with each other, ...

There is no such word as conversate. The appropriate word is converse or just plain old "we talked to each other."

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

I think it's plain sad they should endure such a horrible situation along with true criminals. Men and women who have paperwork flaws should be held in a much more accomodating facility than that.

My point is that immigrants are treated like scum by these places, and it's not right on any level.

Just remember my friend, that it is your actions (or lack thereof) that placed her in such a horrible situation, being treated like scum. Congratulations!!! You've finally broken her........... at last this once proud woman is being forced to crawl back to her abuser for help. Bravo!!!

One more question, smart ###....is it ICE detention or Jail? Because if its ICE detention, surely there aren't hardened criminal in there with your precious MAID oops, I mean WIFE.

You should be ashamed to even speak of GOD.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.