Dr. J

IS YOUR WIFE THE SAME ONCE IN THE USA???

698 posts in this topic

It has to be done:

popc1.gif

29 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)

24 Members: onwa, rebeccajo, Kanyiri, welshcookie, Jaylen Brit, laneysera, JC75, Linababe, luv2teach77, ivona, Chuckles, Cassie, cmltdg, Fixer, joone745, LisaD, Joey559, alexil74, eau_xplain, Freda, ratpynn, KAA, gordiejo, Leafgal

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As my son would say .. "Ownaged!!"

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I think it is an injustice to categorize "western women" as lacking "traditional values". Just because a woman is able to think for and express herself does not mean she no longer values family.

When your fiancee comes over and is exposed to the "evils" of the western world, her deeply ingrained values will either keep her grounded or lead her astray, depending on what those values are.

Exactly! :thumbs:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Has anyone wife changed for the worst and become the much hated "INDEPENDENT FEMINIST" woman that alot of American women have become?? I just don't want that negative influence to come into my wife's mind. How have your marriage experiences been with your foreign wives??

Maybe lock her in the closet and isolate her from this country full of evil women.

July 7, 2004 - Met Aimee in a chatroom

Dec. 25, 2005 - Went to Phils to meet her the first time

January 7, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska Service Center.

January 27, 2006 - Received NOA1.

April 18, 2006 @1859 cst - NOA2 - APPROVED!

July 15, 2006 - Packet 4 received

September1, 2006 - Medical

September 8, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!

October 15, 2006 - Arrived in USA

November 4, 2006 --- WEDDING!!!

April 20, 2007 - Mailed AOS

May 18, 2007 - Biometrics

July 26, 2007---GREEN CARD!(no interview)

April 13, 2009 - Mailed I-751 for Removal of Conditions

May 5, 2009 - NOA (extension approved)

May 18, 2009 - Biometrics appointment arrived today-scheduled for May 29, 2009

August 13, 2009 - Approval for removal of conditions (originally delayed due to RFE)

August 20, 2009 - 10 year green card arrived in mail

June 9, 2010</ - Treygan Isaiah is born

June, 21, 2010 - My adoption of Nathan is finalized

No lawyers and no problems

Filed: Other Timeline

Ya know, I don't usually let something get to me on this board but this one flares my nostrils today.....maybe I'm having my monthly but I'm too old to tell anymore...

Really, all I ever wanted was to marry a doctor and have him hand over his checks as he ran out the door to the hospital, leaving me home alone with the pool boy and a mercedes.....

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Dr. J

You should e-mail the mod and have this thread closed.

The people that are posting here are not really going to understand. You might want to do a search on this site for those of us with Latin American SO's and get some info.

12/5/05 Sent I129F Petition to Nebraska via Express Mail

12/6/05 Packaged received at 10:38 am in Nebraska

12/9/05 Check cashed (Never been so happy to have money leave my account)

12/12/05 Receive NOA1 snail mail - 30-60 day processing estimate

01/04/06 Receive NOA2 via e-mail

1/20/06 NVC letter in mail...will ship within a week.

2/1/06 Packet 3 and 4 in the mail

3/15/06 Interview - neither approved nor declined need to send in Migratory Movement Certificate AP

3/20/06 Migratory Movement Certificate for myself and fiancee sent to US Embassy in Lima

3/23/06 Visa Approved

5/19/06 I leave for Peru to pick up mi amor

5/25/06 Lucia and I arrive in Chicago

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

9/09/06 Religious Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok glad to here it Dr. J, cause I didn't want to get into that either.

For the record many many Western women stay home and look after home and family. I know I did when I had young kids. And when I move I would love to focus on doing that again to take care of my man and our home, unfortunately we sometimes fall into the trap that we need to work to pay off bills like it or not. I don't like it, and I will take time to set in and take care of things at first, luckily for me I share the same culture so there is not that problem for me.

I am sure if you really do trust in your SO and what you both have together she will fit in fine. She will be shell shocked with the different customs and cultures but I am sure you will help her through it.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
One issue that WESTERN WOMEN encounter is the fact that for many it takes TWO INCOMES for their family...perhaps that is due to what is important in their lives, and the trappings, but it is what it is. I know many WESTERN WOMEN that would have loved to stay at home to raise their children, but they couldn't because they needed another income to pay the bills.

I think this is the biggest issue.

K-1 (more detail in profile):

05-25-05 - Applied for I-129F

06-07-05 - Approved

12-01-05 - Picked up visa!!

AOS:

12-25-05 - Flight lands at JFK - EAD stamp

05-15-06 - Green card received!! Woo-hoo!!!

05-09-07 - Our first son born!

Removal of Conditions

01-29-08 - Mailed Removal of Conditions Application (overnight)

02-07-08 - Check Cashed

02-08-08 - NOA1

03-12-08 - Biometrics

12-12-08 - Card production ordered! Yay!

12-30-08 - 10 year card received! Yay!

Naturalization

01-12-10 - Mailed application

01-20-10 - NOA

02-16-10 - Biometrics

04-21-10 - Interview

04-21-10 - Oath ceremony - US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Don't worry, Dr. J. I understand your question. What a lot of people call "antiquated," we call "traditional." And as you can see, it's not ... Western woman today do not embrace these values.

AMEN AMEN!!! EXACTLY what I was trying to say......tryin to GET AWAY from that....I want "tradition." GOD dont change. I guess I was traditional approach to marriage. oh well.........going to get me a spanish woman!!!

Actually, being a WESTERN WOMAN, I think it is wonderful if a woman wants to stay home and raise her children. Operative word: WANTS. On the other hand, there isn't anything wrong with these darned "INDEPENDENT FEMINISTS" that want, or need, to work outside the home once their children are ...

If you would stop bundling people, and a culture, together as if we are all a flock of sheep that are not individuals, you could begin to receive some of the answers you seek. If you and your wife-to-be are in total agreement in your relationship, then what is your concern? If she truly feels that way, no number of horrible American women could change her mind.

One of the 'problems' with Western culture is that it is now the norm in society to have the 2 incomes and so many people want to keep up with the Jones' and have the 2 nice cars, the big house, etc. etc. then people get suckered into this life (well the greed bug takes over actually) at the expense of the family.

I am not sexist here, it can be the man or the woman, but it is best if one of the two has no job, or, has a less stressful job that is considered second priority to the family.

Now, every situation is different, and smaller families and larger families have different needs. If what you are doing is working, GREAT, I am not here to judge. However, I wish some of the prevailant attitudes from cultures outside US borders would have some influence here in America. We are not ahead of the curve. If you have done extensive travels outside the US/UK/Canada (which so many here have) you would see this.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

I must say tho - shame on people saying 'american women are this' or american men are that' or 'spanish women are the other' and I 'had to go abroad to find a mate'

Some of us fell in love with a PERSON not a set of ideas or a flippin tick list of wants, and it wouldn't have mattered squat where they came from - it was THEM not their country that mattered.

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: Country: Croatia
Timeline

(Good Lord it took long enough to catch up with all the replies!)

Dear Dr. J

Please forgive those of us males who actually work during the workday and don't spend as much time reading through all the VJ posts to respond to all of them. If not for my fiancee pointing me to this post, I probably never would have seen it. ;)

That said I think you are a horrible communicator, but not a moron as some have inferred. I do, however, believe you are perpetuating the stereotype of the "American male who cannot handle American women so go find some foreign bride".

I am glad you did eventually rephrase your question. I am often telling people on other forums: "Write once, read three times like you hate the person who wrote it, THEN post." To your question I am unable to give a response, however, as my own fiance is not yet here in the USA. I expect, however, being as strong-willed as she is that there is a greater possibility that she will have an effect on US culture than US culture affecting her.

Although I have to agree with welshcookie. You might be better served moving to Columbia than having her move here. The culture difference is something ANYONE should take into account in a multi-cultural marriage. If not for the custody arrangement with my son I *KNOW* I would have moved to Croatia rather than having her deal with the culture shock of moving here. I don't even speak Croatian (although I am learning REAL slow...).

I'm with her. :)

FixerBanner.gif

Some self-quotes:

"May our days be comfortable and our drama entertaining."

"When it comes to attempts to force equality there are many wrong ways to do so. You cannot command understanding or tolerance. You can only command obedience. Obedience implies that the one giving the orders has power over the one being given the orders. Where is the equality in such a situation? Education and patience teach equality, not force."

I must say tho - shame on people saying 'american women are this' or american men are that' or 'spanish women are the other' and I 'had to go abroad to find a mate'

Some of us fell in love with a PERSON not a set of ideas or a flippin tick list of wants, and it wouldn't have mattered squat where they came from - it was THEM not their country that mattered.

:thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Most people have 2 incomes to pay a mortgage and pay for healthcare NOT to keep up with the Joneses

Sad. Those people should consider not having a large family or do some planning. Living in a place they can afford would be a start. Getting some education and a better job would be another.

I see people in other countries raising families just fine on one income of 400$ a month. Planning, execution, less greed. Marriage and families are hard !!! Do not take it lightly.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Most people have 2 incomes to pay a mortgage and pay for healthcare NOT to keep up with the Joneses

Sad. Those people should consider not having a large family or do some planning. Living in a place they can afford would be a start. Getting some education and a better job would be another.

I see people in other countries raising families just fine on one income of 400$ a month. Planning, execution, less greed. Marriage and families are hard !!! Do not take it lightly.

OK, this is such utter bullcrap! :angry:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.